• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden @ Des Arc

Started by theshow, November 30, 2013, 01:01:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearden_Bear72

Going to be interesting for sure. I would have liked to see EPC play Des Arc or Carlisle during the year.  have to wait til nxt year thou

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The BIG question is, are we going to have a f.f. posters gathering? Im not bringing my lady with me this time, so i will be there for the whole game.  ;D

the_kosher_pig

I'll be at the Dollarway/Booneville game. :(

Lions84

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on December 02, 2013, 11:37:15 am
I'll be at the Dollarway/Booneville game. :(

Be happy that ought to be a heck of a game.

the_kosher_pig

I've never seen either play.  I'm excited.  But Go Bears while I'm not there. :)  I'll see Bearden play JC next Saturday. ;) 

mtindian42

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2013] Bearden (AR) 21, [2013] Des Arc (AR) 14

the_kosher_pig

That's similar to how I see it, although the score could go one way or another.  I just don't see either team scoring more than 3 on the other.

Although I said the same about Strong and DA. lol  I don't think Bearden has the numbers this year to stay this deep in the playoffs. 

paraloma

How tall is Des Arc's quarterback? He doesn't even squat to take the snap.

Bluffer

December 02, 2013, 03:57:02 pm #108 Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:58:43 pm by Bluffer
Quote from: razorbackrob on December 02, 2013, 09:23:38 am
Field muddy=Des Arc win, Field dry=Des Arc win.  win win situation.
Quote from: Lions84 on November 30, 2013, 07:15:49 pm
Go Eagles BEAT Bearden!
/\     /\
I like this!
Same scenario as last time. Eagles win in the Nest!

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 02, 2013, 11:35:19 am
The BIG question is, are we going to have a f.f. posters gathering? Im not bringing my lady with me this time, so i will be there for the whole game.  ;D
i might be at this one depends on the weather

big E

Hey pick I'll be there buddy I love semi's close to the house.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I hear bearden has done been it touch des arc to see if we want to play thursday or postpone it, because of the weather forecast.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 02, 2013, 07:31:56 pm
I hear bearden has done been it touch des arc to see if we want to play thursday or postpone it, because of the weather forecast.
Wouldn't mind seeing that happen, I'd drive up for that............

Bearden_Bear72

Yea, i been seeing the forecast and might be better to reschedule for safe travels for players and fans. 

Fence Jockey

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 02, 2013, 07:38:51 pm
Yea, i been seeing the forecast and might be better to reschedule for safe travels for players and fans.

100% agree! Either play before this mess comes in or wait till it clears would be the best IMO. No need to risk life or limb over a football game. I know that several schools up here in the 6 have lost way too many young folks and classmates this past year, no need it doing something foolish that could add to that! 

the game

I would hate to see someone get hurt on the field , or on the slick roads to and from the game , moving it up one day to Thursday would probably be the smart thing to do ... Why would they not want to do that ?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I think it still suppose to rain on thursday, just not as cold. Im betting we are ready now. Lol

the game

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 02, 2013, 08:20:29 pm
I think it still suppose to rain on thursday, just not as cold. Im betting we are ready now. Lol
Yeah rain's ok Thursday , but ice on Friday not safe ... Bears are ready too , just need AAA to ok the move  :)

Wonderdog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 02, 2013, 09:07:02 am
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on December 02, 2013, 08:41:54 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 02, 2013, 06:43:53 am
Quote from: cuz on December 02, 2013, 05:34:34 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2013, 09:02:52 pm
If the weather forecast holds true, i like des arc's chances even more. Rain/sleet/snow favors des arcs power run game.
Which is common knowledge, and rightly slow....
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2013, 09:24:20 pm
Quote from: cuz on December 01, 2013, 09:06:14 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2013, 09:02:52 pm
If the weather forecast holds true, i like des arc's chances even more. Rain/sleet/snow favors des arcs power run game.
Rain/sleet/snow definitely puts a damper on the bears who rely on a more balanced attack with the pass...

I hope its dry, cause when we beat them, i do not want to hear excuses.
??? A little contradictory... ???

No no at all, i simply pointed out the weather may be nasty and i think it would benefit d.a. more, but i would prefer the weather be dry so win d.a. wins, there will be no excuses because of the weather.
If the field is wet and muddy, I think DA will roll

We turned the sprinklers on after yall left friday night. The field will be wet and muddy.  ;D
if forecasts hold true, then your wet and muddy theory may end up iced over and hard ground lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I dont think the ground will be cold enough for much to stick.

Wonderdog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 02, 2013, 09:59:55 pm
calling for a low of 19 and a high of 35. enough time to freeze between the high and 7PM? that is the question. hopefully the weather ends up a little bit more friendly than predicted though.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 02, 2013, 10:03:47 pm
calling for a low of 19 and a high of 35. enough time to freeze between the high and 7PM? that is the question. hopefully the weather ends up a little bit more friendly than predicted though.

Now freezing rain could be a problem, not sure it would cause road problems. The bleachers could be real dangerous.   ;D

Wonderdog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 02, 2013, 10:07:00 pm
Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 02, 2013, 10:03:47 pm

Now freezing rain could be a problem, not sure it would cause road problems. The bleachers could be real dangerous.   ;D
the fans would definitely have to watch their footing. i just hope that whatever games are played that all folks are safe in their travels. safety is a true concern when traveling in winter weather conditions for all, not just school buses but also the fan bases and parents supporting their respective players

cuz

Quote from: paraloma on December 02, 2013, 03:43:20 pm
How tall is Des Arc's quarterback? He doesn't even squat to take the snap.
This was posted earlier on the thread...........

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 08:17:26 pm
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 30, 2013, 07:54:08 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 06:43:06 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 30, 2013, 06:39:57 pm
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 30, 2013, 01:24:29 pm
Last night DA showed no passing attack (they didn't need to). DA can win this game, but I suspect their pass defense is their weakness. They have one lock down corner in #15, he can't cover 4 wideouts. Bearden can pass downfield and not rely on the swing pass, like we did, so DA want be able to stack the box, spread 'em out, pass selectively and effectively, Bearden moves on

Pick, it's possible, but I don't think you should plan a trip to the Rock, I've seen both teams play.
From the man who saw both teams play up close and personal............ ;D

From the man who also only saw us run the ball, was no need in showing anything else, we rushed for 390+ yards to their 59.
Pick, DA has no passing game, your QB is 5'nothing, he can't see over the line, you know it and I know it but that's one thing that makes your running game effective.

CM, if we want to pass, we have 15 go to qb. We didnt use it last night cause strong couldnt stop the run. We have a passing. Enough to make a team honest. #7 has 500 yds passing.

big E

The ice could be a bad deal I would think if both schools agreed to play on Thursday night the AAA should not have a problem with it.Because if we get the ice and the lights go out it could be a few days before they come back on.

Bearden_Bear72

Im sorry I Love My Bears, but i have seen to many people die because of wrecks to drive on ice for 2 hours just to watch football.  I just wont risk it especially since ill have over lives in the car besides mine

Bearden_Bear72

Any cheaper hotels in area? or in neighboring towns?

green-eagle

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 03, 2013, 09:37:48 am

hazen or Searcy will be your best chance of finding a hotel...if driving up from the south it will be Hazen, then Stuttgart,

Bearden_Bear72

Thinking come early get a hotel and not have to worry bout driving at night or crap roads.  Besides i like to see other towns and eat at the "Local" Restaurants, so if someone is in Des Arc early Friday with a Bear hoody that will be me Ha Ha

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 03, 2013, 09:37:48 am

There are a couple hotels just off the interstate at the hazen - des arc exit, about 15 miles from the NEST. Also some at carlisle and lonoke within 40 miles.

pj72501

Does anyone know when they will decide if the game is on Thursday or Friday?

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 03, 2013, 09:44:59 am
Thinking come early get a hotel and not have to worry bout driving at night or crap roads.  Besides i like to see other towns and eat at the "Local" Restaurants, so if someone is in Des Arc early Friday with a Bear hoody that will be me Ha Ha
North of Stuttgart there's not much. There may be some sprayed roach motels around Hazen, but all I saw for eating places, between Stuttgart and Des Arc, was a Chester Chicken at a station (course we didn't go downtown Hazen) just past I-40. I saw a BBQ place in DA, we ate at the Snack Shack, wouldn't do that again.

Bearden_Bear72

green-eagle

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on December 03, 2013, 12:12:19 pm
North of Stuttgart there's not much. There may be some sprayed roach motels around Hazen, but all I saw for eating places, between Stuttgart and Des Arc, was a Chester Chicken at a station (course we didn't go downtown Hazen) just past I-40. I saw a BBQ place in DA, we ate at the Snack Shack, wouldn't do that again.

you must have miss the Diary bar downtown and of course you did not see Dondie's......

Bearden_Bear72

Is Des Arc a real spead out town?

Donnie Jamon

December 03, 2013, 01:12:17 pm #135 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:14:52 pm by Donnie Jamon
 BB72,  were u at the EPC game?  Stopped at McDonalds in MTree after the game and saw a Bearden fan in a gray hoodie

green-eagle

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 03, 2013, 12:19:52 pm
Is Des Arc a real spead out town?

nope, as you come in on Hwy 11 from Hazen....keep driving thru the Y and you will past the school on the left and the road will curve at the river and then you have travel and see all of Des Arc.....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc has dondies fish house, a mexican place, lindseys pizza, phat daddys bbq, and a dairy bar. There is a super 8 at i-40 thats a descent motel.

cuz

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on December 03, 2013, 12:12:19 pm
The Super 8 in Hazen at I-40 isn't that bad. I've stayed there in Duck season several times. If you go south to hwy 70 there's a little restaurant that serve's excellent food, don't remember the name of it, but I've eaten there several times. Murray's going west on Hwy 70 is about 3 miles out of Hazen on the left, excellent catfish, home-made onion rings and a good steak........

Ventman

Cuz I think it's the Hurley house and the cheeseburger is very good.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Yes its the hurley house. Everything i have had there is good.

cuz

Quote from: Ventman on December 03, 2013, 01:38:51 pm
Cuz I think it's the Hurley house and the cheeseburger is very good.
Yeah that's it, when you get old it's hard to remember the names of places. They do a good plate lunch everyday also. My two son-n-laws lover their chile dogs............

green-eagle

Quote from: cuz on December 03, 2013, 02:00:58 pm
My two son-n-laws lover their chile dogs............

?????? wow you may wish to change that!

Bearden_Bear72

Any body know if game has been moved to a earlier or later date or was that just ranting by some?

the game

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 03, 2013, 03:43:40 pm
Any body know if game has been moved to a earlier or later date or was that just ranting by some?
It's being talked about ... and the other classes Semifinals and Finals may be affected Friday and Saturday and have their game days changed ... a move to a Sunday , Monday game might effect the 2A Finals being moved from the 14th to the 20th or 21st ...

Bearden_Bear72

Does anyone know when a confirmation will be released?

big E

They'll have to make a decision by Wednesday won't they.

Bearden_Bear72

Visiting teams sure need to know soon

big E

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I was told by a d.a. player parent, that the game is still on for friday night and will only be moved if the AAA makes them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas