• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden @ Des Arc

Started by theshow, November 30, 2013, 01:01:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dragonator on November 30, 2013, 04:58:22 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 04:36:27 pm
Compare des arc and beardens common opponents, woodlawn and strong. Both played woodlawn early. Des Arc held them to a few less points. Strong, des arc played them in the playoffs, where according to ALL you posters from the 8, is when strong turns it in, bearden played them last game of regular season, again, des arc did a little better than bearden. Whats this mean, not crap. Bearden will be ready to get hit friday, as will des arc.

As for des arcs offense, why change if you cant stop it. Can we be more diverse yes, we proved it in a game this season when needed, and that team could not stop it.

You guys from the 8 just jump on the surviving teams from the 8's bandwagon when your team gets put out. I heard all this in 08, so you are not bothering me.
As for injured players, im at work and have not heard. But i only heard there was one, so if there was 2, its news to me.

Like you guys don't do the same thing. Win lose or draw, there's not to many # 4 seeds from any conference make it to the quarterfinals. There's nothing for Strong nor the 8 to be ashamed of there. It only further proves our dominance in 2A.

Im on NOBODIES bandwagon, im for des arc and des arc only.

And we all but mercy ruled that 4 seed. Same as we did our 4 seed.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 30, 2013, 04:56:44 pm
Compare des arc and beardens common opponents, woodlawn and strong. Both played woodlawn early. Des Arc held them to a few less points. Strong, des arc played them in the playoffs, where according to ALL you posters from the 8, is when strong turns it in, bearden played them last game of regular season, again, des arc did a little better than bearden. Whats this mean, not crap. Bearden will be ready to get hit friday, as will des arc.

As for des arcs offense, why change if you cant stop it. Can we be more diverse yes, we proved it in a game this season when needed, and that team could not stop it.

You guys from the 8 just jump on the surviving teams from the 8's bandwagon when your team gets put out. I heard all this in 08, so you are not bothering me.

As for injured players, im at work and have not heard. But i only heard there was one, so if there was 2, its news to me.
Hey pick I'm not on any bandwagon and I'm pretty sure my teams still playing. If you want to go with 08 I'm with you, but tell how'd that end up for ya???

I will take it too, cause odds are, you dont make that miracle field goal twice.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dragonator on November 30, 2013, 02:34:12 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on November 30, 2013, 02:27:27 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 30, 2013, 02:07:51 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 05:03:30 am
I will have to go with Des arc. We probably have the best defense bearden will have faced with maybe the exception of j.c. and maybe better than theirs. Our first team D hasnt been scored on in 3 games. Now our offense is starting to roll.
I not real sure about the best defense Bearden's faced. Tallying up the points with very few common opponents.........
Des Arc 12 games 129 pts allowed
Bearden 12 games 121 pts allowed
J C        11 games 95 pts allowed
I really don't see any advantage defensively for DA............
Quoteyou feld to mention 33 0f those was to barton. and 12 of those was to ha. so that would mean to the 2a DA has only given up a whoping 84 points. ;D

All right then, two can play that game. Against 2A schools, JC has only given up a whopping 75 points.  :o
By the way, that 3A team that JC played is in the semi-finals in 3A unlike Barton and HA. ;)

As for des arc's defense, we held strong to 59 yds rushing and 106 yds passing. How did bearden and j.c. compare with that?

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 05:32:35 pm
I will have to go with Des arc. We probably have the best defense bearden will have faced with maybe the exception of j.c. and maybe better than theirs. Our first team D hasnt been scored on in 3 games. Now our offense is starting to roll.
I not real sure about the best defense Bearden's faced. Tallying up the points with very few common opponents.........
Quoteyou feld to mention 33 0f those was to barton. and 12 of those was to ha. so that would mean to the 2a DA has only given up a whoping 84 points. ;D

All right then, two can play that game. Against 2A schools, JC has only given up a whopping 75 points.  :o
By the way, that 3A team that JC played is in the semi-finals in 3A unlike Barton and HA. ;)

As for des arc's defense, we held strong to 59 yds rushing and 106 yds passing. How did bearden and j.c. compare with that?

It's all about matchups, not what one team did against another team. Whichever team plays their game will win.

cuz

November 30, 2013, 06:29:17 pm #54 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:42:28 pm by cuz
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 05:32:35 pm

Don't know how they did pick, but I just concede and say the 8 just can't hang with the mighty 6 and all those championships y'all have. Junction and Bearden just plumb luck out every year, no coaching, no offense, and definitely no Defense.We just can't compete with the 6, especially in the speed department, just too many slow weak players in the 8. Shoot they just always come in last in weight lifting, so their lineman are just so weak that the mighty linemen of the 6 will just destroy JC and Bearden. But we'll try and give DA and Carlisle a little challenge, maybe we can hang for a quarter anyway we'll try our best............. ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc will play their game.

mtindian42

pick I don't know what you seen last night on jalens first td run. but I saw him run off and leave all that speed from the 8. am I wrong?

cuz

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 30, 2013, 01:24:29 pm
Last night DA showed no passing attack (they didn't need to). DA can win this game, but I suspect their pass defense is their weakness. They have one lock down corner in #15, he can't cover 4 wideouts. Bearden can pass downfield and not rely on the swing pass, like we did, so DA want be able to stack the box, spread 'em out, pass selectively and effectively, Bearden moves on

Pick, it's possible, but I don't think you should plan a trip to the Rock, I've seen both teams play.
From the man who saw both teams play up close and personal............ ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 30, 2013, 06:40:23 pm #58 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:44:32 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
 Cuz, thats not what im saying at all, i know the title goes through j.c. (let me know when bearden has more than des arc). I give them props all the time. But to say des arc is just out manned and cant compete with them is as stupid as your post before last.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 30, 2013, 06:39:57 pm
Last night DA showed no passing attack (they didn't need to). DA can win this game, but I suspect their pass defense is their weakness. They have one lock down corner in #15, he can't cover 4 wideouts. Bearden can pass downfield and not rely on the swing pass, like we did, so DA want be able to stack the box, spread 'em out, pass selectively and effectively, Bearden moves on

Pick, it's possible, but I don't think you should plan a trip to the Rock, I've seen both teams play.

From the man who also only saw us run the ball, was no need in showing anything else, we rushed for 390+ yards to their 59.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 06:40:23 pm
Cuz, thats not what im saying at all, i know the title goes through j.c. (let me know when bearden has more than des arc). I give them props all the time. But to say des arc is just out manned and cant compete with them is as stupid as your last post.
Well pick I'm not the one bashing the 8, don't recall anyone saying y'all couldn't hang with Bearden. Nor do I recall giving DA nothing but props for the year. No need to get on here and slight the 8 or the posters from there. Yeah that was a stupid post, kinda like the ones you been making against the 8...By the way show me that post where I bad mouthed DA. If you can find it I'll sure apologize to you and the 6 and anyone else I insulted........

mtindian42

Des arc was getting 4 to 5 yards a carry. just by there line pushing those boys back off the line of scrimmage. no need to do nothing else. if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Cuz, i wasnt bashing the i using examples as how d.a. stacks up against the 8.

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: cuz on November 30, 2013, 06:47:33 pm
Cuz, thats not what im saying at all, i know the title goes through j.c. (let me know when bearden has more than des arc). I give them props all the time. But to say des arc is just out manned and cant compete with them is as stupid as your last post.
Well pick I'm not the one bashing the 8, don't recall anyone saying y'all couldn't hang with Bearden. Nor do I recall giving DA nothing but props for the year. No need to get on here and slight the 8 or the posters from there. Yeah that was a stupid post, kinda like the ones you been making against the 8...By the way show me that post where I bad mouthed DA. If you can find it I'll sure apologize to you and the 6 and anyone else I insulted........
Pick, if you're basing anything off our performance last night, you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 30, 2013, 07:05:59 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 30, 2013, 06:47:33 pm
Pick, if you're basing anything off our performance last night, you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

Nope, im basing everything on des arcs lack thereof. Im sure strong was just happy to be playing still.

Lions84

CMhawgtracks

November 30, 2013, 07:54:08 pm #66 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:02:52 pm by CMhawgtracks
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 06:43:06 pm

From the man who also only saw us run the ball, was no need in showing anything else, we rushed for 390+ yards to their 59.
Pick, DA has no passing game, your QB is 5'nothing, he can't see over the line, you know it and I know it but that's one thing that makes your running game effective.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 30, 2013, 07:54:08 pm

Pick, DA has no passing game, your QB is 5'nothing, he can't see over the line, you know it and I know it but that's one thing that makes your running game effective.

CM, if we want to pass, we have 15 go to qb. We didnt use it last night cause strong couldnt stop the run. We have a passing. Enough to make a team honest. #7 has 500 yds passing.

HorseFeathers

Dude....a 5 foot nothing quarterback can throw the ball. I think Magazine lists their QB as being 5 ft 1...I said the same thing about him, that he's got nothing cause he can't see over the line. Then he threw a 40 yard pass....

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 08:17:26 pm

CM, if we want to pass, we have 15 go to qb. We didnt use it last night cause strong couldnt stop the run. We have a passing. Enough to make a team honest. #7 has 500 yds passing.
What's he gonna do pass it to himself? J/K He is a good athlete, good luck.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 30, 2013, 08:31:31 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 08:17:26 pm

What's he gonna do pass it to himself? J/K He is a good athlete, good luck.

Dont tell everybody. Lol. Thanks! I know we will need all the luck we can get.

amehr36

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 05:15:37 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 30, 2013, 04:56:44 pm

Hey pick I'm not on any bandwagon and I'm pretty sure my teams still playing. If you want to go with 08 I'm with you, but tell how'd that end up for ya???

I will take it too, cause odds are, you dont make that miracle field goal twice.

Good thing they only had to do it once...

bigsoftballdaddy

wish i knew how to change softball to football but oh well here goes my two cents, couldn't take it any more pick.I'll be having your back for at least one week,good lord willing two.I can't quote many stats and i'm not talkin trash at least not on purpose but what these young men have had to deal with, how they carry themselves,the heart they show either playing football or the sometimes cruel game of life and the way they all spell "TEAM" the one without the "I" is whats important.With that said DesArc leave it all on the field,don't look back and soar on to Little Rock !!!!!!!!

searcy12

green-eagle

Quote from: searcy12 on December 01, 2013, 09:36:31 am
Des Arc -12
Bearden -10

Is this coach Harper tuning in? I like the score thus puppy will be close... The Bison will finally put down those dragon and we will have an all 2A-6 final.....

Backwoods Bart

December 01, 2013, 01:54:40 pm #75 Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:59:26 pm by Backwoods Bart
De plane, De plane:   Look Pick , fantasy Islands on TV land. I think we all know who you feel will win next Friday. Your rants have become redundant and boring, now go watch TV!

GO BEARS!

green-eagle

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on December 01, 2013, 01:54:40 pm
De plane, De plane:   Look Pick , fantasy Islands on TV land. I think we all know who you feel will win next Friday. Your rants have become redundant and boring, now go watch TV!

GO BEARS!

You are right. I talked to coach prescott, and he informed me, we were starting basketball practice tomorrow since we know we cant compete with bearden.

Im already watching tv, see, unlike you, i can do more than one thing at a time.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2013, 03:09:13 pm
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on December 01, 2013, 01:54:40 pm

GO BEARS!

You are right. I talked to coach prescott, and he informed me, we were starting basketball practice tomorrow since we know we cant compete with bearden.

Im already watching tv, see, unlike you, i can do more than one thing at a time.

BOUNCING BASKETBALL

bounce, dribble, bounce
stumble, thud, stop
bounce, bounce, take aim
into basket drop

rebound, dribble, bounce
jump, reaching, stretch
smack, hit back-board
thump, weeping, retch

umpire whistles, calls 'foul'
coach mumbles, players grumble
shrill blast, time-out's past
back to task, run, rumble

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ventman

Those Bears will be running to the river bottoms this Friday. The Eagles will just be to much at the nest.

gmac

the way to stop the bears is to make the qb come to you, if you start chasing him he will just run and you will be chasing

mtindian42

Quote from: gmac on December 01, 2013, 06:16:17 pm
the way to stop the bears is to make the qb come to you, if you start chasing him he will just run and you will be chasing
Quotekinda what lsu did to johnny football. forced him to stay in the pocket. Des arc is well coached. they will have a plan. but your idea is what I would do.

razorbackrob

The 8 better look out for both 6 teams.  Des Arc beat Carlisle (not by much), but I think that they are both evenly matched.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

If the weather forecast holds true, i like des arc's chances even more. Rain/sleet/snow favors des arcs power run game.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2013, 09:02:52 pm
If the weather forecast holds true, i like des arc's chances even more. Rain/sleet/snow favors des arcs power run game.
Rain/sleet/snow definitely puts a damper on the bears who rely on a more balanced attack with the pass...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on December 01, 2013, 09:06:14 pm
Rain/sleet/snow definitely puts a damper on the bears who rely on a more balanced attack with the pass...

I hope its dry, cause when we beat them, i do not want to hear excuses.

cuz

Which is common knowledge, and rightly slow....
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2013, 09:24:20 pm

??? A little contradictory... ???

big E

Gonna be a cold wet night at the nest I think I will come watch this one it should be a dandy.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on December 02, 2013, 05:34:34 am

No no at all, i simply pointed out the weather may be nasty and i think it would benefit d.a. more, but i would prefer the weather be dry so win d.a. wins, there will be no excuses because of the weather.

CMhawgtracks

If there's a possibility of bad roads, the games will most likely be postponed.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on December 02, 2013, 08:20:13 am
If the game is postponed I want to predict a score: Bearden 0 - Des Arc 0. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on December 02, 2013, 08:21:27 am
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on December 02, 2013, 08:20:13 am
If the game is postponed I want to predict a score: Bearden 0 - Des Arc 0. 

At this time, they are saying its possible. If its postponed, that could affect both teams. Im not sure how long we have the redshirt freshmen players from harding universities services.  8)

Kosher, thats a good prediction. Lol

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 02, 2013, 06:43:53 am

No no at all, i simply pointed out the weather may be nasty and i think it would benefit d.a. more, but i would prefer the weather be dry so win d.a. wins, there will be no excuses because of the weather.
If the field is wet and muddy, I think DA will roll

Lions84

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on December 02, 2013, 08:41:54 am

We turned the sprinklers on after yall left friday night. The field will be wet and muddy.  ;D

green-eagle

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 02, 2013, 09:07:02 am
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on December 02, 2013, 08:41:54 am

We turned the sprinklers on after yall left friday night. The field will be wet and muddy.  ;D

now back in 1976 Mccory did just that to slow down the running attack of Des Arc.....Coach Hart was before his time.....

razorbackrob

Field muddy=Des Arc win, Field dry=Des Arc win.  win win situation.

Fence Jockey

Ironic how all this has shaped up as a repeat of the past meeting of these 2 teams in the playoffs, In that year they beat a EPC team round 3, that IMO, was a better team than this years team by a differance of 54-28, then had to play EPC again this year in round 3, but only won by a score of 14-0, then after that they had to come to DA for round 4. In the first meeting DA moved on to the Championship game by winning 12-7. So here we are again, Bearden coming back to Eagle Field for another round 4 game, only differance in the two, and this is in my outsider view looking in, to maybe face a DA team that is IMO, a better team than the one they faced before.

The one thing that stands out to me over the 08 team is this team has no real star on the team, no one pivot point that all revolves around. They are just good & solid all over the field and I have never seen a team that change it's total offence at the drop of a hat as quick as they can. They can be in a power set this down with one group of personal and while the ref's are setting th ball, the next down they come out in a pro set with a whole differant look and totally new personal.  When you have that, you have a team that is hard to get a handle on.   

Bearden_Bear72

Only 4 more days, then we find out

the_kosher_pig

I would lean toward Bearden if the field stays dry.  If it's wet I'd lean more toward DA.

I haven't seen either team play though.  I'm going by what I've figured on on FF: Bearden is fast with limited numbers and DA is big and physical.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas