• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA lost. So what happens now?

Started by PA Dad, December 02, 2018, 09:02:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boogercat

Quote from: PA Dad on January 02, 2019, 10:44:34 pm
All is not well.  MDX  continues to bedevil me.  And booglercat hurts my feelings.  What happened to civility?

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Just think of me as a booger in your nose that's a pain in the but to get out while driving. Please don't fear, I am here to save this bored this off season to bring some light on here.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on January 02, 2019, 10:44:34 pm
All is not well.  MDX  continues to bedevil me.  And booglercat hurts my feelings.  What happened to civility?

Well, it wouldn't be the same if I suddenly stopped!

Boogercat seems to be upset that Kelley doesn't want a challenge. I'm sure he just kicks his feet up and relaxes most days at PA - let's everyone else handle it because it's easy.

boogercat

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 03, 2019, 07:01:09 am
Well, it wouldn't be the same if I suddenly stopped!

Boogercat seems to be upset that Kelley doesn't want a challenge. I'm sure he just kicks his feet up and relaxes most days at PA - let's everyone else handle it because it's easy.

I'm not upset, if you would read between the lines as I stated before, you would see where I was going with it. I think the guy is a fraud if you as me. Someone who wins all these championship titles at one school don't want to challenge himself. Sooner or later those recruits are going to fold at PA. The PA dynasty will fall, believe me. Give it time, I'm just saying I'm surprised Kelly won't go to NWA and turn things around at one school up there. I'm sure Wal-Mart can pay half of his contract.

MDXPHD

Quote from: boogercat on January 03, 2019, 07:06:19 am
I'm not upset, if you would read between the lines as I stated before, you would see where I was going with it. I think the guy is a fraud if you as me. Someone who wins all these championship titles at one school don't want to challenge himself. Sooner or later those recruits are going to fold at PA. The PA dynasty will fall, believe me. Give it time, I'm just saying I'm surprised Kelly won't go to NWA and turn things around at one school up there. I'm sure Wal-Mart can pay half of his contract.

Definitely a fraud. Same for other coaches who are at a top tier school and continue to win. Belichick really needs to head over to Cleveland and get them a Super Bowl. Saban should go ahead and come to Arkansas. I really don't see why Kerr would stay at GS - he should move over to Phoenix and show everyone how good he actually is! Yes, these are all professional coaches, but you get my point.

And just so you know - they don't make'em more anti-private school than me. So I'm not supporting PA in saying this, but why in the world would he leave for another high school other than pride and arrogance.

boogercat

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 03, 2019, 08:28:57 am
Definitely a fraud. Same for other coaches who are at a top tier school and continue to win. Belichick really needs to head over to Cleveland and get them a Super Bowl. Saban should go ahead and come to Arkansas. I really don't see why Kerr would stay at GS - he should move over to Phoenix and show everyone how good he actually is! Yes, these are all professional coaches, but you get my point.

And just so you know - they don't make'em more anti-private school than me. So I'm not supporting PA in saying this, but why in the world would he leave for another high school other than pride and arrogance.

Because he knows he can't buy kids as in recruit them in a public school. In a private school he can do what he wants. That's why his system is only good for PA not a public school. As I stated before, I understand his very comfortable at PA and has a good thing but in a way, I believe the guy is bored and need a new challenge. Every year his in the state championship it seems like. Every year when a certain school job comes up. Kevin Kelly name is always mention it seems like. Maybe he doesn't have what it takes to win at a public school. There's a lot of NWA schools that would love to have them and I'm sure they have the money to get him but he turns them down. I don't know if there is offers or not but lets say there are and he turns them down. Maybe deep down he knows his system is only for PA and won't be able to work at places like Rogers.

RZback

Quote from: High Voltage on December 03, 2018, 07:58:08 am
You are gonna lose soem games, Kelly will build back unless he takes another job.

Kelly isn't going anywhere. Why would he?  Can't do what he did at PA anywhere else in the state.

HeberFan

PA might shut down the football program, and, start a shuffleboard team? Frisbee golf is good, too.

RZback

Quote from: HeberFan on January 03, 2019, 10:39:47 am
PA might shut down the football program, and, start a shuffleboard team? Frisbee golf is good, too.

Arkansas high school football is shutting down for 5 years for mourning.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 02, 2019, 09:24:54 pm
Sounds like it's going to be a down year.
We haven't paid off the refs yet. That's where we get our biggest bang for the buck.

HeberFan

Anybody see the Texas vs. Georgia game?  Great example of how attitude and emotion can outweigh everything else. Longhorns would have beaten Alabama or Clemson with that performance.

MDXPHD

Quote from: HeberFan on January 03, 2019, 11:13:51 am
Anybody see the Texas vs. Georgia game?  Great example of how attitude and emotion can outweigh everything else. Longhorns would have beaten Alabama or Clemson with that performance.

Yes, but they wouldn't have had that performance against either!

boogercat

Quote from: RZback on January 03, 2019, 10:24:15 am
Kelly isn't going anywhere. Why would he?  Can't do what he did at PA anywhere else in the state.

That's why he will stay at PA, his system only works at PA. He knows this. Why people keep mentioning his name on coaching jobs still gets me. If he had the so called offers at colleges and top high schools why not go? It's because he knows his system will fail and will stick at PA to pad his coaching stats and the books.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: boogercat on January 03, 2019, 01:06:04 pm
That's why he will stay at PA, his system only works at PA. He knows this. Why people keep mentioning his name on coaching jobs still gets me. If he had the so called offers at colleges and top high schools why not go? It's because he knows his system will fail and will stick at PA to pad his coaching stats and the books.
The problem with coaching offers at places like Alma is then you have to live in Alma. I don't think he's gotten a college offer, and he's not taking a high school offer.

I just saw a video of a former NFL coach currently on the NFL Network talking about an Arkansas high school football coach. I wonder which one it was?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on January 03, 2019, 03:35:15 pm
The problem with coaching offers at places like Alma is then you have to live in Alma. I don't think he's gotten a college offer, and he's not taking a high school offer.

I just saw a video of a former NFL coach currently on the NFL Network talking about an Arkansas high school football coach. I wonder which one it was?

This is another reason why people can't stand PA. The arrogance trickles down to fans like you. At least you guys have some decent people still  - but boasting about how popular your high school coach is just doesn't do it for most. Maybe that's why people want him to challenge himself? If everyone loves his system and everyone talks about it, including NFL and college coaches, I would predict it would be a far more popular system implemented at several spots.

In short, who cares If a former NFL coach talked about it. What's that do for you?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 03, 2019, 05:07:14 pm
This is another reason why people can't stand PA. The arrogance trickles down to fans like you. At least you guys have some decent people still  - but boasting about how popular your high school coach is just doesn't do it for most. Maybe that's why people want him to challenge himself? If everyone loves his system and everyone talks about it, including NFL and college coaches, I would predict it would be a far more popular system implemented at several spots.

In short, who cares If a former NFL coach talked about it. What's that do for you?
If you approved of me I would be more worried than receiving your scorn.

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on January 03, 2019, 03:35:15 pm

I've seen a clip of Paul McCartney discussing Little Rock Central and how it influenced he and John Lennon to write Blackbird. I've also seen Bill Clinton discussing Hot Springs high school. I would say Bill Clinton and Paul McCartney are both far more historically important than Pete Carroll. I'm just wondering why a clip of Pete Carroll (A sanctioned cheater) means anything? In this day and age with information being available in real time why no one has adapted KK's system at a higher level? It's quite simple, it wouldn't work. It was and is a genius move for a mid level classification, small state football team, it would be an unmitigated disaster at the college or pro level.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on January 03, 2019, 08:29:17 pm
I've seen a clip of Paul McCartney discussing Little Rock Central and how it influenced he and John Lennon to write Blackbird. I've also seen Bill Clinton discussing Hot Springs high school. I would say Bill Clinton and Paul McCartney are both far more historically important than Pete Carroll. I'm just wondering why a clip of Pete Carroll (A sanctioned cheater) means anything? In this day and age with information being available in real time why no one has adapted KK's system at a higher level? It's quite simple, it wouldn't work. It was and is a genius move for a mid level classification, small state football team, it would be an unmitigated disaster at the college or pro level.
Wasn't Pete Carroll, and we don't know at the college level. Agree about the pros.

HeberFan

If these "fans" would spend as much time supporting their own schools, as they do, dissing PA.....

boogercat

Quote from: HeberFan on January 04, 2019, 08:33:17 am
If these "fans" would spend as much time supporting their own schools, as they do, dissing PA.....

I could care less about PA.  It's a great program I will admit that, Kelly has built a dynasty there with what he can do. I just think the guy can do more. I think he would be a great recruiter for Arkansas.

HeberFan

Quote from: boogercat on January 04, 2019, 09:29:09 am

I could care less about PA.  It's a great program I will admit that, Kelly has built a dynasty there with what he can do. I just think the guy can do more. I think he would be a great recruiter for Arkansas.

We all can do more.... but, since when is "more" better?  Have you read Ecclesiastes lately?

youhavenoidea

I would like to see Kelly at the College level, he's done everything you can do at High School level.  Would love to see him get a shot at College

HeberFan

Quote from: youhavenoidea on January 04, 2019, 10:36:43 am
I would like to see Kelly at the College level, he's done everything you can do at High School level.  Would love to see him get a shot at College

Bigger is not better, just different. Some people are lucky enough to find where they fit.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on January 03, 2019, 08:29:17 pm

Since the NFL favors scoring to sell tickets and advertising and there are injuries and penalties galore on punts, maybe the NFL will outlaw punting one day and everyone can just GO FOR IT ;D

Yellowcake

Quote from: HeberFan on January 04, 2019, 10:11:33 am
We all can do more.... but, since when is "more" better?  Have you read Ecclesiastes lately?
Beautiful my friend. Beautiful. Didn't work for Solomon.

Boogercat, you are late to the party, and definitely know not about which you speak.

Also, it's I "couldn't" care less, not I "could", unless there are many things about which you do care less. I doubt it, though. Why don't you tuck that hate away in your "Chester drawers" and find a hobby that doesn't involve negativity.

athletic supporter

Quote from: boogercat on January 03, 2019, 08:49:00 am

Because he knows he can't buy kids as in recruit them in a public school. In a private school he can do what he wants. That's why his system is only good for PA not a public school. As I stated before, I understand his very comfortable at PA and has a good thing but in a way, I believe the guy is bored and need a new challenge. Every year his in the state championship it seems like. Every year when a certain school job comes up. Kevin Kelly name is always mention it seems like. Maybe he doesn't have what it takes to win at a public school. There's a lot of NWA schools that would love to have them and I'm sure they have the money to get him but he turns them down. I don't know if there is offers or not but lets say there are and he turns them down. Maybe deep down he knows his system is only for PA and won't be able to work at places like Rogers.

If you think public achools don't "recruit", then you're blind. I'm not naive enough to believe EVERY public school is clean.

Maynard G Krebs

I am suspicious that boogercat is the spawn of an alphabet soup monikered poster.  I could be wrong, because I once thought that Janet and Michael Jackson were the same person 😳

boogercat

Quote from: athletic supporter on January 06, 2019, 10:09:51 am
If you think public achools don't "recruit", then you're blind. I'm not naive enough to believe EVERY public school is clean.

I know there is some issues at NWA and there was some at NLR when Bolding was there. You're right it does happen in the public school but it happens more often at private because there's no punishment for it seems.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: boogercat on January 06, 2019, 07:18:52 pm

I know there is some issues at NWA and there was some at NLR when Bolding was there. You're right it does happen in the public school but it happens more often at private because there's no punishment for it seems.

What's the punishment for it in public school?  Bolding is the only coach that I've heard of actually getting punished for recruiting...

BruinBacker

PA releases next fall's non-conference schedule:
2019 Bruin Non-Conference Football Schedule

Tuesday Aug. 20 Benefit Game vs. Bryant (7A Arkansas Champion) AWAY
Friday Aug 30. Springdale Har-Ber HOME

Friday September 6 OFF Week

Friday September 13 Ravenwood (Brentwood TN) 2018 6A Semifinalist HOME

Friday September 20 Shreveport Evangel (LA.) 2018 Ranked #8 overall in Louisiana AWAY

PA Dad

Quote from: BruinBacker on January 09, 2019, 09:53:22 pm
PA releases next fall's non-conference schedule:
2019 Bruin Non-Conference Football Schedule

Tuesday Aug. 20 Benefit Game vs. Bryant (7A Arkansas Champion) AWAY
Friday Aug 30. Springdale Har-Ber HOME

Friday September 6 OFF Week

Friday September 13 Ravenwood (Brentwood TN) 2018 6A Semifinalist HOME

Friday September 20 Shreveport Evangel (LA.) 2018 Ranked #8 overall in Louisiana AWAY

It's too bad Kelley can't find some quality non conference opponents.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on January 10, 2019, 01:33:40 pm
I feel bad for those schools, because according to MDX they all suck (as soon as he finds out who they are).

HeberFan

Quote from: PA Dad on January 10, 2019, 01:33:40 pm

Could PA not squeeze in the Patriots?

Or maybe the Cowboys, Saints, Titans or Chiefs for a closer game?

boogercat

They can but he won't book them.

PA vs Greenwood
Bentonville vs Greenwood
Strong vs Greenwood. I figure I give them an easy game so they can rest their starters for conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas