• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Outlook: The Frest Start......again.

Started by AirWarren, December 06, 2017, 01:49:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gameoflife

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 13, 2018, 11:07:30 pm
He should go watch his kid play. It's the right thing to do as a father, it's UNCOUNTED recruiting trips to see players, and there is nothing he can do Friday night to make them win Saturday

I can understand the sentiment, however when you coach big time college football and and are paid $$$millions of dollars to create a winning team and you just got embarrassed last week you better thing about your job.  Sort of like a doctor on call, you need to save lives or in this case administer CPR to a dying program. 

If his team was on firm footing and winning, then you look at things diferently.  I think he can stream the game or watch the tape at this point.  If he goes to Texas and we lose tomorrow folks should question his committment.  Working folks who make way less than 3 million a year sacrifice seeing their kids play ball every friday night. 

WPWells

Quote from: gameoflife on September 14, 2018, 01:10:35 pm
I can understand the sentiment, however when you coach big time college football and and are paid $$$millions of dollars to create a winning team and you just got embarrassed last week you better thing about your job.  Sort of like a doctor on call, you need to save lives or in this case administer CPR to a dying program. 

If his team was on firm footing and winning, then you look at things diferently.  I think he can stream the game or watch the tape at this point.  If he goes to Texas and we lose tomorrow folks should question his committment.  Working folks who make way less than 3 million a year sacrifice seeing their kids play ball every friday night.

I think you're being completely unreasonable and frankly sound like a jerk.

THIS IS RECRUITING. HIS KID IS A BIG-TIME PROSPECT WHO PLAYS FOR A BIG-TIME SCHOOL THAT WILL LIKELY PRODUCE OTHER BIG-TIME PROSPECTS

cuckoobird

I guess if he went to a springdale vs fayetville game to watch that would be ok? Come on man you're talking crazy. No matter how much someone makes, they have time off and what they do then is no ones business

Valleysports

College Coaches are in serious 11th hour preparation the night before the game.  He has a job to do...   

cuckoobird

I don't believe that. Not everyone waits until the last minute to prepare for things. Unless he has a spy who all of a sudden gave some super secret revelation, he's had time to prepare a game plan in 5 days

Valleysports

It's not last minute - it's pregame, the team meal, speeches to the team, wrapping up with different position coaches, next morning breakfast. They've been studying film, practicing, getting players ready all week, coaches are rehearsing and anticipating different scenarios, there are decision to make.  It's a busy night, unless things have changed in the last 30 years.  This isn't Friday Night Lights, at Pine Bluff, it's DI College Football.  Anyway -     

Valleysports

Chavez...  A&M's defense was very good and physical last week against Clemson.  An impressive turnaround from last year.  Same players, new DC.   :o

sportsguy80

bdubyab60

Pitiful.

But at least the defense showed a little guys on the short field.

I expect is to lose this game. But I see zero improvement so far in any area. NONE

Valleysports

Interesting watching SEC (Auburn vs LSU) on one TV, Conference USA (Hogs vs Scrappy the Eagle) on the other.  Go to church tomorrow and pray for the safety of Hog QB's - pray for the safety of the Hog team - even the team trainers.

bdubyab60

Someone set the over/under on offensive TDS scored in SEC play. I say 8

HorseFeathers

Budbya...that's probably about right....with 4 of those against Ole Miss(they're defense looked horrible against S Illinois, but they'll drop 80 on us)

bleudog

Tulsa is playing stAte on CBS Sports if anybody is interested in seeing what Tulsa has.  It's 10-7 stAte with 4:33 left in the half.

bdubyab60

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 15, 2018, 06:46:29 pm
Budbya...that's probably about right....with 4 of those against Ole Miss(they're defense looked horrible against S Illinois, but they'll drop 80 on us)
I think we will be 14 point digs in every SEC contest but Vandy

High Voltage

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 15, 2018, 07:30:19 pm
I think we will be 14 point digs in every SEC contest but Vandy
Vandy played Notre Dame within 5 today.

bulldoghistorian

bdubyab60

Quote from: High Voltage on September 15, 2018, 11:21:07 pm
Vandy played Notre Dame within 5 today.
Saw that so 14 in every SEC game. We are bad and showing no improvement. And now there are talks of our OL purposefully missing blocks when the freshman QBs came in

gameoflife

Wow!!!   How bad can it get?   
I was busy typing  a pretty big scathing evaluation of the UA program this morning and at the last moment I decided to withhold most of my comments.  I will leave it at this for right now.
We are looking at a 1-11 season with maybe a 4-11 if we can turn things around.

bleudog

Quote from: gameoflife on September 16, 2018, 11:39:41 am
Wow!!!   How bad can it get?  
I was busy typing  a pretty big scathing evaluation of the UA program this morning and at the last moment I decided to withhold most of my comments.  I will leave it at this for right now.
We are looking at a 1-11 season with maybe a 4-11 if we can turn things around.

Need to beat Tulsa or there will be a loss on the record to a team that got beat by stAte 29-20.

gameoflife

tulsa lost to Texas and A State by a score.  That's not looking good right now

RZback

There a lots of holes in the ship, so many that rats are jumping out.  I will say that Morris's statement in defense of his going to Texas was lame.   I'm paraphrasing, "there was nothing else I could do on Friday night to prepare for the game, If we were not already ready then I hadn't done my job all week",.  Judging from the past two weeks he hasn't been doing his job during the week.

If he wants to see his son play, fine, but be aware that if you are losing it will draw lots of attention. 

After seeing his post game interview he looked and sounded a little shell shocked. 

bigworm

Arkansas fan base (generaly speaking) should he ashamed. Booing a razorback player. Really? I can undersramd  booing the coach. But a player no matter how he is playing is a pathetic thing to do. Shame on all of them. Why would any kid want to go there. I hope all of them are ready to stay in the cellar because thats what is coming with crap like that. Do they really think that cole isnt givin it all he has. Hes not my favorite for sure but i dont care if he throw 100 more pics i will never boo him. Carry on razorback nation. And if i were Morris i would go watch my son and wouldnt worry one bit about it. I think anyone with any common sense wouldnt have a problem with that. That had 0 to do with anything. Failure took place lomg before friday night.

gameoflife

Its the bad impression that he has to worry about.  He is losing, and losing in embarrassing fashion to teams that should be easy wins.  As a matter of fact I remember reading numerous accounts of how we were going to win 6 or 7 games with Morris this year and the first 3 were givens.   So, I would say how important is your 3million dollar job?  Maybe he was sold on the assumption that UA would beat Colorado state no doubt, and that the first 3 games were definite wins. Well now he knows better.  Lots of people have jobs that keep them from going to see kids do things so I don't feel sorry for a guy making 3+ million if he has to stay home and take care of business and soothe the fragile emotions of fans who help pay his exorbitant salary while we get drilled.
I just think its the nature of his job and the pressure and the money.   

bdubyab60

Quote from: bigworm on September 16, 2018, 03:04:46 pm
Arkansas fan base (generaly speaking) should he ashamed. Booing a razorback player. Really? I can undersramd  booing the coach. But a player no matter how he is playing is a pathetic thing to do. Shame on all of them. Why would any kid want to go there. I hope all of them are ready to stay in the cellar because thats what is coming with crap like that. Do they really think that cole isnt givin it all he has. Hes not my favorite for sure but i dont care if he throw 100 more pics i will never boo him. Carry on razorback nation. And if i were Morris i would go watch my son and wouldnt worry one bit about it. I think anyone with any common sense wouldnt have a problem with that. That had 0 to do with anything. Failure took place lomg before friday night.
who knows who they were booing. Probably the decision to send out a QB that had played like hot mess and makes horrible decisions. On top of that he was hurt.

It's all opinion on whi anyone was booing.

When CK came in last year I was all for it. But he's not progressing at all and should have been pulled for some of the throws he made. Just throwing the ball in th air for anyone to get.

As far as Morris we can only hope he turns this around. But I'll be honest I don't see it. We've have gotten worse since the start of the season.

I think all of should be prepared for a decade of being the new Vanderbilt of the SEC.

B.B. and Long destroyed this program in their time here and it will be that long or longer before we are even middle of the pack. And that's unacceptable

bdubyab60

Quote from: gameoflife on September 16, 2018, 05:00:39 pm
Its the bad impression that he has to worry about.  He is losing, and losing in embarrassing fashion to teams that should be easy wins.  As a matter of fact I remember reading numerous accounts of how we were going to win 6 or 7 games with Morris this year and the first 3 were givens.   So, I would say how important is your 3million dollar job?  Maybe he was sold on the assumption that UA would beat Colorado state no doubt, and that the first 3 games were definite wins. Well now he knows better.  Lots of people have jobs that keep them from going to see kids do things so I don't feel sorry for a guy making 3+ million if he has to stay home and take care of business and soothe the fragile emotions of fans who help pay his exorbitant salary while we get drilled.
I just think its the nature of his job and the pressure and the money.
We all might have a different feeling if the team had shown improvement. As is now he's already lost this team it seems. And the stink of Beiliema hangs over this team so bad.

Extremely hard to watch

footballfan-tastic

Saw an interviewer ask Morris if the rebuild was harder than he originally thought.  His answer was something like, I'm sure the team and the seniors don't see this as a rebuild.  If not its a new construction.
I couldn't believe he left Kelley in the game all that time in the 1st half and then started him in the second.  Then went to freshman.  Looks like he had given up on any chance of getting a win yesterday.

gameoflife

I doubt the fans were booing Kelley directly.  More likely the coaching decision to send him back out after the way he played when you have another QB who has started a game. Frankly I don't understand several decisions Morris has made.

Trojanbird

It would be hard for Nick Saban to win with this team.  Personally, I don't lay it all on the coaches.  We just don't have SEC type players at the U of A and we can thank BB for that!
I think I will go watch ASU for the next couple of years.  They may not lose another game this year while the hogs may not win another game.

bdubyab60

We have the players to at least be competitive with NT and CSU.

Again no improvement in this team at all since game one.

bdubyab60

One good thing about Morris if you can call it that. Is he seems to take ownership of it

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 17, 2018, 06:17:33 am
One good thing about Morris if you can call it that. Is he seems to take ownership of it

We made Good Morning America this morning with the punt play.

Hey, even George Crapinopalpus is laughing at us.

AirWarren

David Bazzell is speaking truth this morning.

The music sucks by the band. Hey Jude, playing over and over. If you're going to play "William tell", go back to the SW conference. Bazzell also said that the band was playing Mickey Mouse at halftime.

Last time I was at a game up there, they were playing "let's go" by lil Jon. That was only two years ago. We are so behind as a program. The entire money backers and program is living in the 60s.

It's fairly embarrassing.

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on September 17, 2018, 08:19:42 am
We made Good Morning America this morning with the punt play.

Hey, even George Crapinopalpus is laughing at us.
That play will be on for a while. All over those New Year's Eve shows and top tens for years

nuttinbuthogs

It is a shame what the program has come too. 

bulldoghistorian

Just saw that Ty Storey will get the start Saturday night at Auburn, read it on Saturday Down South.

bdubyab60

Saw it earlier. Hopefully one of these guys can run some sort of offense. Cause Auburn's defense is stout

AirWarren

It's really time to move on from Devwah Whaley as well. He has been fairly disappointing in a hog uniform.

gameoflife

Was listening to Bo Mattingly and the callers, sounds bad on the radio.  I'm not sure I heard anything new from callers, sort of sounded like Fearless has been.  Not sure about our coaches, not high on our players as far as talent or effort, one guy ripped into players for complaining about fans.  Some callers saying they think Morris is in over his head already.  It's going south in a hurry.

AirWarren

Quote from: gameoflife on September 17, 2018, 03:52:23 pm
Was listening to Bo Mattingly and the callers, sounds bad on the radio.  I'm not sure I heard anything new from callers, sort of sounded like Fearless has been.  Not sure about our coaches, not high on our players as far as talent or effort, one guy ripped into players for complaining about fans.  Some callers saying they think Morris is in over his head already.  It's going south in a hurry.

This senior class has lost 6 games in the fourth while playing for the hogs. That is a huge issue. I don't know if they have the fight to play SEC football.

Personally, wish we would cut ties and head to the Big 12. Fits us better geographically. And evidently talent wise....North Texas looked like the SEC school, not us.

bleudog

bdubyab60

If we could see some improvement as the year goes it might change my perception. In some respects there have been slight improvements in the defense but the offense sure isn't helping them out any. I'm not asking win games now but just show some good improvements. No matter how bad the talent is as some say, you should still be able to get some improvement out of the team.

If there is a rift in the locker room as some are saying as well. Then put them on the pine, make an example of them and that it will not be tolerated. Need to have a CTJ with them and let them know they can get out of the way and make room for the next guy.

bdubyab60

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 17, 2018, 06:04:03 pm
If we could see some improvement as the year goes it might change my perception. In some respects there have been slight improvements in the defense but the offense sure isn't helping them out any. I'm not asking win games now but just show some good improvements. No matter how bad the talent is as some say, you should still be able to get some improvement out of the team.

If there is a rift in the locker room as some are saying as well. Then put them on the pine, make an example of them and that it will not be tolerated. Need to have a CTJ with them and let them know they can get out of the way and make room for the next guy.

Maybe if we start 1-9 and then beat Miss State and Mizzou to finish 3-9 to end the year the new AD will give Morris a long extension and big buy out ;D ...... He learned that technique from the old AD

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on September 17, 2018, 06:34:10 pm

Maybe if we start 1-9 and then beat Miss State and Mizzou to finish 3-9 to end the year the new AD will give Morris a long extension and big buy out ;D ...... He learned that technique from the old AD
Im just talking about whether the guy can coach or not. Right now my opinion is he can't.

And hopefully the higher ups have learned a lesson on extensions. But I doubt that as well

bdubyab60

Also we may be the only team ever to get faked out by a fake punt return. For safety of the layers supposedly is reviewing the play and considering a rule change.

According to reports. NT had thoroughly scouted our coverage teams and decided we were for sure their patsy. Basically saying that they saw holes and how lax we were in coverage

bigworm

Im not completely believeing that we dont have enough talent to compete in the SEC. Im not saying we have bama, lsu type talent but if you look back since 1999 we had one class ranked #9. That was in 2001. Every other class has been in the #22 range. We were competetive until petrino got caught. Im also, not saying that Morris cant get it done. Im simply saying that i believe we have enough talent to be much much better than we are. If it doesnt improve before season is over ill say morris cant get it done. There is no reason we shouldnt be at least middle of the road SEC right now.

bleudog

RZback

Quote from: bigworm on September 17, 2018, 09:32:12 pm
Im not completely believeing that we dont have enough talent to compete in the SEC. Im not saying we have bama, lsu type talent but if you look back since 1999 we had one class ranked #9. That was in 2001. Every other class has been in the #22 range. We were competetive until petrino got caught. Im also, not saying that Morris cant get it done. Im simply saying that i believe we have enough talent to be much much better than we are. If it doesnt improve before season is over ill say morris cant get it done. There is no reason we shouldnt be at least middle of the road SEC right now.

No way we are middle of the road SEC, more like road kill. 

Valleysports

Quote from: bigworm on September 17, 2018, 09:32:12 pm

The SEC West has changed, in the last 7 years, and on the verge of a major upgrade.  A&M joining the SEC.  A&M is dominating 2019 class, 25 (50% 4-5 stars) already committed.  Alabama, Auburn, LSU, A&M, Miss St - that leaves Ole Miss & Arkansas in the west.  Go out and get another #22 class, see if it gets you back to middle of the road SEC. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on September 17, 2018, 10:41:41 pm
The SEC West has changed, in the last 7 years, and on the verge of a major upgrade.  A&M joining the SEC.  A&M is dominating 2019 class, 25 (50% 4-5 stars) already committed.  Alabama, Auburn, LSU, A&M, Miss St - that leaves Ole Miss & Arkansas in the west.  Go out and get another #22 class, see if it gets you back to middle of the road SEC.
It should have been enough not to get smoked by NT. Recruiting has to get a little better. Even if it's in the 20s it needs to at least have some explosive players. Seems we have none right now. And some darn O-Linemen.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas