• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Year - Different Looking Conferences, Teams Returning, 3 Peat?

Started by AT, December 06, 2015, 01:34:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

What the conferences look like next year:

5A Central
Beebe
Little Rock Fair
Little Rock Christian
Little Rock McClellan
Little Rock Mills
Little Rock Parkview
Pulaski Academy
Sylvan Hills

5A East
Batesville
Blytheville
Forrest City
Greene County Tech
Nettleton
Paragould
Valley View
Wynne

5A South
Camden Fairview
DeQueen
Hope
Hot Springs
Hot Springs Lakeside
Magnolia
Watson Chapel
White Hall

5A West
Alma
Clarksville
Farmington
Greenbrier
Harrison
Maumelle
Morrilton
Vilonia

What do you think? Conference champs? State title contenders?

We have a while to talk about it so I'll give my thoughts later.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 06, 2015, 01:34:27 pm

5A Central
Beebe
Little Rock Fair
Little Rock Christian
Little Rock McClellan
Little Rock Mills
Little Rock Parkview
Pulaski Academy
Sylvan Hills

5A East
Batesville
Blytheville
Forrest City
Greene County Tech
Nettleton
Paragould
Valley View
Wynne

5A South
Camden Fairview
DeQueen
Hope
Hot Springs
Hot Springs Lakeside
Magnolia
Watson Chapel
White Hall

5A West
Alma
Clarksville
Farmington
Greenbrier
Harrison
Maumelle
Morrilton
Vilonia

Did Jacksonville go to 6A?

AT

Yep. Jacksonville and North Pulaski merged. (well they already had, but next year it puts them in 6A)

PA Dad

Great thread.

I suggest we go one conference at a time.  We can make this thread stretch out a while.

Since you listed Central first, I'll start there.

Central looks to be stronger next year than it's been in a long time.  The addition of LRC and Parkview adds two good teams.

PA will be the favorite.  PA loses its best WR(Kelley), it's best athlete (Bruce), best o lineman(Haws), best d lineman (Ator), and best d back(Charett).  But PA returns it's QB, RB, and several linemen on both sides of the ball.  PA will just reload.

LRM will be strong.  They were very young this year.  They return Strong, their QB, and most of their o and d line.  They may be a co-favorite with PA.

LRC loses 25 seniors.  I really don't know how many starters they have returning.  But, with that coaching staff, I'm sure they'll contend.

I know nothing about Parkview.

SH always starts strong.  I don't know who they have returning, but they usually contend.

Beebe loses Trip Smith.  I think Wyrick returns, but I'm not sure.  But Beebe will pound that ground game and be competitive as always.

I hope Fair can get some players out who will stick with it.  They had several good athletes this year, but just didn't have the numbers.

I don't see Mills contending unless they have some good new players I know nothing about.  But I would have said the same about LRM this time last year.

Overall, the Central should be much more competitive than it has been in years.

AT

I agree on all your assessments. I can shed only a little light on Little Rock Parkview. Parkview had been a bottom feeder in 6A in football, but this year they seemed to take a step in the right direction.

They beat two 5A Central teams like the contenders of this conference did this year.

They beat LR Mills 56-7 and LR Fair 41-0.

Their best win of the year by far was a 35-5 victory over Little Rock Catholic. After that victory many people thought Parkview may be a darkhorse in 6A.

That all dissipated quickly with them losing to Benton 17-30 (not a bad margin of losing if you take into account Benton may have been the 3rd best 6A team this year)

Mercy ruled by Pine Bluff (get in line)

Beat LR Hall and Sheridan.

Then they lost to Texarkana and Lake Hamilton.

In the last game of the year, they had a chance to make the playoffs, but lost to El Dorado by 11.

Exchanging LR Parkview and LR Christian for North Pulaski and Jacksonville is a pretty big net gain in terms of football competitiveness.

The Future

Might as well just rename the Central to conference Little Rock lol

PA obviously will be favorite. Tradition, consistency, and great coaches.
Well see over the preseason which teams are gonna step up to those other top 4 spots. Will Wynne and Batesville return to top status? Will McClellan prove they are legit or a one year wonder? We will just have to wait and see.

Also 2 words. Beware Alma!  ;D

PA Dad

Some of you folks from the South, East and West please give us a first look at your conferences next year.

the voice

The west will be interesting, I'm not sure about few so I'd be guessing and please don't take my ignorance as a slap to anyone.

These are in no particular order

Morrilton- should be in the running for conference title. Lost some lineman and two very good linebackers. Secondary loses some as well. Most skill players return on offense with the possibility of a couple new playmakers. If the new RB has the impact as expected watch out. The line will lose experience but will possibly gain size on offense and defense. Several big guys missed entire season for various injuries. Should be led by several three year starters and or contributers at key positions.

Greenbrier- l think they will lose some key players but most positions will be filled by capable players who saw action through out the season. Tribble finds a way

Alma-not sure what they have coming back. I look for them to make a statement and compete for conference.

Maumelle- second year in system, expect more consistent performance and the ability to close out games. Should finish in or fight for a playoff spot.

Farmington- great RB returns behind what I'm pretty sure will be an experienced and huge offensive line. Expect them to make some noise. I won't be surprised to see them in the top four of conference or making a huge push.

Vilonia- to hard to call, new coach , possibly a new system

Harrison- will the goblins continue to improve and regain their former glory and always finish in the hunt ? I just don't know enough about them.

Clarksville- just don't know what to say

The early thoughts based on what I know at this time , which may not be accurate, because as I said I don't know about some and no one really knows until after spring what coaches move and such ,

I expect Alma , Morrilton, Greenbrier to fight for title, Farmington, maumelle, Harrison could easily be in the top four , Vilonia is just a question mark because we don't know what they'll be doing yet , so they could push in the mix as well.

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on December 06, 2015, 06:42:28 pm
The west will be interesting, I'm not sure about few so I'd be guessing and please don't take my ignorance as a slap to anyone.

Morrilton- should be in the running for conference title. Lost some lineman and two very good linebackers. Secondary loses some as well. Most skill players return on offense with the possibility of a couple new playmakers. If the new RB has the impact as expected watch out. The line will lose experience but will possibly gain size on offense and defense. Several big guys missed entire season for various injuries. Should be led by several three year starters and or contributers at key positions.

Greenbrier- l think they will lose some key players but most positions will be filled by capable players who saw action through out the season. Tribble finds a way

Alma-not sure what they have coming back. I look for them to make a statement and compete for conference.

Maumelle- second year in system, expect more consistent performance and the ability to close out games. Should finish in or fight for a playoff spot.

Farmington- great RB returns behind what I'm pretty sure will be an experienced and huge offensive line. Expect them to make some noise. I won't be surprised to see them in the top four of conference or making a huge push.

Harrison- will the goblins continue to improve and regain their former glory and always finish in the hunt ? I just don't know enough about them.

The early thoughts based on what I know at this time , which may not be accurate, because as I said I don't know about some and no one really knows until after spring what coaches move and such ,

I expect Alma , Morrilton, Greenbrier to fight for title, Farmington, maumelle, Harrison could easily be in the top four , Vilonia is just a question mark because we don't know what they'll be doing yet , so they could push in the mix as well.

Good post and good info.

I'm confident that Trackster will fill us in on Alma.

Maybe PB, IYG, and Posty can fill us in on their teams.

Intelligentsia

Likely a repeat of last season in the East with Batesville, Blytheville, and Wynne contending for the East Title.  All three teams had a lot of young players and all promise to be better this coming season.

While Batesville graduates a couple of O and D lineman, they return a quite a few, all whom gained a years experience and strength.  My question mark is in the defensive secondary with the graduation of two fine corners, one of whom (Robinson) I expect will be playing on Saturday next season.  I know we have a couple of good secondary defenders returning, one who plays both ways - (Holiday).  He will be a Junior and promises to be one of the better receivers in 5-A.  Pair him with our senior QB and they may team up for impressive stats.  In addition, King will have several juniors who will be able to run the football, likely freeing up the younger Robinson to play positions other than RB - allowing him to space to run in the open field.  This may be one of the most overall talented teams the Pioneers have fielded for some years.  Am I excited - absolutely:)

Past that, I am not sure but maybe Rampage can give us a better assessment if the remaining teams in the conference.

tmycjy

He back lady and gentlemen almatrackster back :) :) :) :) :) :) :) glad to see him back

Lionheart88

Honestly, I know very little about teams besides White Hall, but I can state the obvious: we should be much improved next year (after all, it'd be hard to get much worse).  I'm not predicting a semifinal run like we had in 2011 with Jeremy Sprinkle & co., but definitely not winless.  Just gotta get the QB situation figured out, mostly.  The team should have about 16 returning starters, and centerpiece of our offense, RB Lance Smith, will be a senior.  He had over 1400 yards last year, over 7 yards/carry, and should only keep improving.

Bondfan4ever

Wyrick will not return as he was a senior this season.  The Badgers will be very young, but will have a talented group of sophomores.

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 06, 2015, 07:04:37 pm
Likely a repeat of last season in the East with Batesville, Blytheville, and Wynne contending for the East Title.  All three teams had a lot of young players and all promise to be better this coming season.

While Batesville graduates a couple of O and D lineman, they return a quite a few, all whom gained a years experience and strength.  My question mark is in the defensive secondary with the graduation of two fine corners, one of whom (Robinson) I expect will be playing on Saturday next season.  I know we have a couple of good secondary defenders returning, one who plays both ways - (Holiday).  He will be a Junior and promises to be one of the better receivers in 5-A.  Pair him with our senior QB and they may team up for impressive stats.  In addition, King will have several juniors who will be able to run the football, likely freeing up the younger Robinson to play positions other than RB - allowing him to spacnjxe to run in the open field.  This may be one of the most overall talented teams the Pioneers have fielded for some years.  Am I excited - absolutely:)

Past that, I am not sure but maybe Rampage can give us a better assessment if the remaining teams in the conference.

You're always excited about Batesville and that's good.  It sounds like you have reason to be super excited next year.

PA Dad

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on December 06, 2015, 07:55:38 pm
Wyrick will not return as he was a senior this season.  The Badgers will be very young, but will have a talented group of sophomores.

I hate that Wyrick missed his senior year.  I saw him play against GB and he was a stud.  I think BB would have won at least a couple more games if he'd been playing.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 06, 2015, 01:34:27 pm

5A Central
Beebe
Little Rock Fair
Little Rock Christian
Little Rock McClellan
Little Rock Mills
Little Rock Parkview
Pulaski Academy
Sylvan Hills

5A East
Batesville
Blytheville
Forrest City
Greene County Tech
Nettleton
Paragould
Valley View
Wynne

5A South
Camden Fairview
DeQueen
Hope
Hot Springs
Hot Springs Lakeside
Magnolia
Watson Chapel
White Hall

5A West
Alma
Clarksville
Farmington
Greenbrier
Harrison
Maumelle
Morrilton
Vilonia

Trackster, I'm just happy you guys are back in the West. Lot of good FF posting and trash talking between all the schools when you guys were still in few years back. Too bad GW posters couldn't come back. LOL!

beach bum

If Alma brings a good team they will be reckoned with. Didn't they have a sophomore see time at QB at one point during the year that showed some promise?

Titan Spirit

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 06, 2015, 01:40:35 pm
Yep. Jacksonville and North Pulaski merged. (well they already had, but next year it puts them in 6A)
Sylvan Hills will have 6A numbers next year but they were able to avoid the move to 6A in this cycle. I think they picked up more numbers wise than Jvill did.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: PA Dad on December 06, 2015, 06:54:38 pm
Quote from: the voice on December 06, 2015, 06:42:28 pm

Good post and good info.

I'm confident that Trackster will fill us in on Alma.

Maybe PB, IYG, and Posty can fill us in on their teams.

I honestly have no idea what to expect from Maumelle.  My preseason predictions turned into a trainwreck this past season, so I'm just gonna sit back and wait and see.  We will be young again, as we will probably have a small senior class and will have to depend on a lot of underclassmen again.  I think we may still be a year away, but a lot depends on what happens between now and next August.

Marblehog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 06, 2015, 07:32:45 pm
Honestly, I know very little about teams besides White Hall, but I can state the obvious: we should be much improved next year (after all, it'd be hard to get much worse).  I'm not predicting a semifinal run like we had in 2011 with Jeremy Sprinkle & co., but definitely not winless.  Just gotta get the QB situation figured out, mostly.  The team should have about 16 returning starters, and centerpiece of our offense, RB Lance Smith, will be a senior.  He had over 1400 yards last year, over 7 yards/carry, and should only keep improving.
I don't see White Hall being that good.  Really bad junior high team and lose 23 seniors.  You just cant find a QB.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: Marblehog on December 07, 2015, 02:16:35 pm
I don't see White Hall being that good.  Really bad junior high team and lose 23 seniors.  You just cant find a QB.

Their jr. high team was not bad at all.  Watson Chapel beat them by a 2-point conversion last year, and WC won the conference. 

Lionheart88

Quote from: Marblehog on December 07, 2015, 02:16:35 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 06, 2015, 07:32:45 pm
Lose 23 seniors, but return ~17 starters.  So how much were those seniors actually contributing?  Besides, we only need one win to be better than this year! :-\

Edit: I should note, I don't mean to demean the contribution of this year's seniors.  I know we had some talented guys, and they all worked very hard.  But the players I've spoken to about next year all seem quite upbeat, and the high number of returning starters has been mentioned prominently and repeatedly as a reason we should be significantly improved next year.

Hornet4ever

PA returns half their starters. Pulaski Acdemy 3 peats.... Mark my word.

Chief-Chickasaw

While Batesville graduates a couple of O and D lineman, they return a quite a few, all whom gained a years experience and strength.  My question mark is in the defensive secondary with the graduation of two fine corners, one of whom (Robinson) I expect will be playing on Saturday next season.  I know we have a couple of good secondary defenders returning, one who plays both ways - (Holiday).  He will be a Junior and promises to be one of the better receivers in 5-A.  Pair him with our senior QB and they may team up for impressive stats.  In addition, King will have several juniors who will be able to run the football, likely freeing up the younger Robinson to play positions other than RB - allowing him to space to run in the open field.  This may be one of the most overall talented teams the Pioneers have fielded for some years.  Am I excited - absolutely:)

I agree I feel like another 3 way tie in the East next year.  Batesville, Blytheville, and Wynne should all be really good.  Don't sleep on Nettleton their Jr. High has been really tough the last two years.  Forest City will have the same Forest City athletes that will be enough to scare people and make a run at the playoffs.  Another team that is on the rise is Valley View if they didn't have two QB's transfer last year they would've likely been in the playoffs.

Now I'll talk about what I know best Blytheville.  We lose on OT who is a college level player next year.  He will be replaced with a big will be JR Chris Clay 6-4 260 or Jordan Coleman 6-0 270.  We lose most of our WR's which has people nervous and I don't want to take anything away from that group of SR but WR is a position that is easily replaced at Blytheville.  RB DeMekko Clark will be back and better behind a more experienced line that were mostly 1st year starters last year. QB Desmond Moore will also be back.  On D we lose one D-Lineman the rest will be back and played a lot.  We lose 1 LB which will be the hardest to replace.  Most of our DB's will be gone but like WR at Blytheville they can be replaced.  Leadership is my worry for next year we lost a lot with that SR group.  The JR group is lacking in that area but the SO have began to pick up the slack.  I'm ready for next year now.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on December 08, 2015, 08:37:14 am

I agree I feel like another 3 way tie in the East next year.  Batesville, Blytheville, and Wynne should all be really good.  Don't sleep on Nettleton their Jr. High has been really tough the last two years.  Forest City will have the same Forest City athletes that will be enough to scare people and make a run at the playoffs.  Another team that is on the rise is Valley View if they didn't have two QB's transfer last year they would've likely been in the playoffs.

Now I'll talk about what I know best Blytheville.  We lose on OT who is a college level player next year.  He will be replaced with a big will be JR Chris Clay 6-4 260 or Jordan Coleman 6-0 270.  We lose most of our WR's which has people nervous and I don't want to take anything away from that group of SR but WR is a position that is easily replaced at Blytheville.  RB DeMekko Clark will be back and better behind a more experienced line that were mostly 1st year starters last year. QB Desmond Moore will also be back.  On D we lose one D-Lineman the rest will be back and played a lot.  We lose 1 LB which will be the hardest to replace.  Most of our DB's will be gone but like WR at Blytheville they can be replaced.  Leadership is my worry for next year we lost a lot with that SR group.  The JR group is lacking in that area but the SO have began to pick up the slack.  I'm ready for next year now.

Sounds like Blytheville may be better next year than it was this year.  I look for Blytheville to challenge Batesville and Wynne for the conference championship next year.

Marblehog

AT

I can give you a rundown of what Alma is returning:

Offensively:

Alma returns their starting QB, Noah Dotson, who was just named 6A all state. The Airedales lose their change of pace QB in Alex Beneux. As beach bum alluded to, Alma does return their third string Garrison Jensen. Usually that's not a huge deal for teams, but it is for the Airedales. Garrison came in drove Alma about 80 yards using his legs and feet to a game winning drive over Conway. As good as Dotson is, there could actually be a QB battle between Dotson and Jensen this summer. It's a good problem to have just in case one of them gets injured.

Running back is a bit more of a question mark. Last time Alma was in 5A, they had a workhorse back named Malachi White. Some of you guys remember him as the stocky running back who had calves the size of some people's heads. He usually needed about 6 people on his back to be brought down. Alma doesn't have a proven back like this heading back to 5A this year. They lose their stud running back Landon Brigance to graduation. They return an all conference back in Brayden Harris, but he's not as much as an every down back right now as much as a change of pace back. His development at that position will be significant for the Airedales. The good thing for the Airedales is that their QB is as much as a running back as a passer in that offense and Noah and Garrison are both capable of using their legs.

Wide receiver has me a lot less worried going into next year than I thought it would. Much of that can be attributed to the fact that a sophomore this year, Brayden Johnson, stepped up big and was just named all conference. Without even having my homer glasses on, I think Brayden should have been All State, but oh well. Brayden will lead the that receiving group. That's not to say the Airedales won't be looking for someone to fill holes at the receiving position. They lose almost every other main contributor. There is a junior named Drake Pendergraft who is a speedster and had a little bit success this year. I hope he steps up big.

Now the most exciting part of next year's offense is that Alma returns 4 offensive linemen and we aren't talking about a line that struggled all year. We are talking about a line that kept D1 and D2 defensive linemen in check all year. This will be the foundation of the offense. Since I'm mentioning everyone else by name, I should mention these kids too: Cordel Thompson, Nick Pointer, Michael Blythe, and Gunner Medrano. The one big difference between 5A and 7A/6A is the size in the trenches so this year's experience should be great for them.

PA Dad

It sounds like Alma should be a contender.

What about the defense?

AT

Defense:

I'll start with the most concerning first and work towards the least concerning. The Airedales will have to replace most of their main contributors on the defensive line and in the secondary. One of the few contributors the Airedales return in either of those areas is the change of pace back I mentioned in the earlier post, Brayden Harris. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking he got All Conference more for his coverage abilities than he did his running abilities, although he did both well. He will be the leader of the secondary. The defensive line will just have to have someone step up. I could very well be missing someone but I'm not sure we return any defensive linemen who got significant playing time at the position.

Now the good part, Alma returns a good core of linebackers and that's Coach Doug Loughridge's staple, linebackers. Alma returns all conference players Jaedon Mitchell and Garrison Jensen. They also return a guy who REALLY came on strong last year in Shane Rye. This kid improved in 3 or 4 games like you wouldn't believe. I think those linebackers will make up for a lot of deficiencies that come with a green defensive line.

Special teams: Alma returns their kicker, Aidan Walker and loses their punter Heath Friddle.

All in all, Alma loses two huge leaders and All-State athletes in Heath Friddle and Alex Beneux. Alex was our offensive clincher. He punched it in endzone for the Airedales. He also was a ball hawk in the secondary.

Heath Friddle was Mr. Do Everything for the Airedales. Secondary, linebacker, wide receiver, running back, punter, you name it.

The offense will have a good base to work with while the defense will need to rely on a strong lineback corp and go from there.

wing

My CF Cardinals probably looking at a tough year. Will lose a lot of talent to graduation. Both QB's, TB, top WR & top O-lineman. Will also lose a lot off a defense that struggled all year. Can't speak for the rest of 5A South. I can just say get your kicks in now if you must. The Birds will be back! Also welcome back Airedale Nation. Steve P. you too wherever you are.

P.F.G.

Glad to be back in the 5A. Got used to seeing the same old people. Last two years have been weird.

InYoGrill

Quote from: P.F.G. on December 08, 2015, 06:39:25 pm
Glad to be back in the 5A. Got used to seeing the same old people. Last two years have been weird.

Yup, I'm gonna make sure you don't be reffin our game with you next year. LOL!! Glad to have you back as well.

P.F.G.

PA Dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on December 08, 2015, 08:08:00 pm

Yup, I'm gonna make sure you don't be reffin our game with you next year. LOL!! Glad to have you back as well.

IYG, give us some insight into your team next year, please?

preacher

PA will be the favorite.  PA loses its best WR(Kelley), it's best athlete (Bruce), best o lineman(Haws), best d lineman (Ator), and best d back(Charett).  But PA returns it's QB, RB, and several linemen on both sides of the ball. PA will just reload recruit.

P.F.G.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: preacher on December 09, 2015, 02:57:31 pm
PA will be the favorite.  PA loses its best WR(Kelley), it's best athlete (Bruce), best o lineman(Haws), best d lineman (Ator), and best d back(Charett).  But PA returns it's QB, RB, and several linemen on both sides of the ball. PA will just reload recruit.

Pretty stupid.  PA won't add a player to next year's team that didn't either play for this year's team or for the PA 9th grade team. But whatever makes you feel better.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 15, 2015, 02:13:04 pm

Pretty stupid.  PA won't add a player to next year's team that didn't either play for this year's team or for the PA 9th grade team. But whatever makes you feel better.

You can't really say that right now...Him saying you will add one and you saying you won't have about the same odds of being accurate.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 15, 2015, 02:43:19 pm

You can't really say that right now...Him saying you will add one and you saying you won't have about the same odds of being accurate.
Setting aside the mistaken premise, if we did add a player he wouldn't be eligible next year as a transfer. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 15, 2015, 03:32:10 pm

Setting aside the mistaken premise, if we did add a player he wouldn't be eligible next year as a transfer.

Under every circumstance? No reason to argue this. You can say that you don't think you are going to be adding a player, but you definitely can because it's not impossible.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 15, 2015, 03:44:15 pm
Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 15, 2015, 03:32:10 pm

Under every circumstance? No reason to argue this. You can say that you don't think you are going to be adding a player, but you definitely can because it's not impossible.
Fair enough. But I can't imagine.

PA Dad

Based on history, you're wrong.  PA almost never adds a transfer to the team, at least not one who starts.

Lumberjackfan1978

InYoGrill

Quote from: PA Dad on December 08, 2015, 09:38:48 pm

Just saw this PA Dad. It's hard to say how things are going to be next season. It all starts this week with whomever the school board selects as the football coach for next season. All the applications are in and the interviews are ongoing this week. I haven't heard any front runners yet but on FB most supporters are for interim Coach Stout to be given the job. He is one heck of a great man and leader. Highly respected in the community and student body.  If any other V supporter would like to chime in on their thoughts for next year, please jump in and add your 2 cents.

V loses 16 Sr's. Mostly skill players most receivers and some running backs on O. On D a lot of the secondary and a tremendous linebacker corp. couple of them were 3 year starters. An amazing DE McCluskey who made many great plays this year for a D that hand their hands full with many teams. Our qb Gordon returns. He could have a stud season if he gets stronger and gets a lot of 7on7 exp and qb camps. He has great upside with his size and strong arm. Howard was a very consistent as a slot back returns. Most of the lineman return. I think our biggest Byrd was the only Sr. maybe wrong on that.

But overall the highest number of players ever- mid 60's. Stouts first season leading the team with only a month before season started. A new O installed again one month before first game after the eternity years of Stanley double wing- run, run and run. We really need some of the bigger boys to come out for ball. We have some not a lot but they are in the hallways. I think if Stout is permanently hired as coach that he should be given at least 3 years to prove himself on the field. You wont find a better player/parent coach out there. I love that guy! He made a tremendous impact on my oldest son in so many great quality ways!! My son is well into his grad program at the U of Miami FL in Physical Therapy and maybe PHD afterward. I really feel Coach Stout steered my son into not giving when times are tough and giving your absolute best in everything. My son has been doing that since Stout's first year as JR High coach when my son was an 8th grader. His 9th grade year V was undefeated as well as GB going into the last game for the championship. GB had Hunter Winston (5A West prodigy) and Neal Burcham (SMU). Briar won I think 14-7 but it reinforced the character that Stout had on the boys. Future starts at the end of the week with the hiring decision.

Beardad

Nobody can beat PA currently. 5A is weak as toilet water.....as it has been since the departure of George Shelton, buck James, Rick jones, paschal, and the likes.

So until then, PA, enjoy.

the voice

Quote from: Beardad on December 15, 2015, 09:16:19 pm
Nobody can beat PA currently. 5A is weak as toilet water.....as it has been since the departure of George Shelton, buck James, Rick jones, paschal, and the likes.

Those guys good coaches no doubt , but that's a statement that many will disagree with. There are several good coaches throughout 5a , maybe you're a buddy or related to some of those mentioned. Don't know and it doesn't matter. But you have dissed several fine coaches with that statement and those you mentioned , well most of them would say the same.

PA Dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on December 15, 2015, 09:05:03 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on December 08, 2015, 09:38:48 pm

Just saw this PA Dad. It's hard to say how things are going to be next season. It all starts this week with whomever the school board selects as the football coach for next season. All the applications are in and the interviews are ongoing this week. I haven't heard any front runners yet but on FB most supporters are for interim Coach Stout to be given the job. He is one heck of a great man and leader. Highly respected in the community and student body.  If any other V supporter would like to chime in on their thoughts for next year, please jump in and add your 2 cents.

V loses 16 Sr's. Mostly skill players most receivers and some running backs on O. On D a lot of the secondary and a tremendous linebacker corp. couple of them were 3 year starters. An amazing DE McCluskey who made many great plays this year for a D that hand their hands full with many teams. Our qb Gordon returns. He could have a stud season if he gets stronger and gets a lot of 7on7 exp and qb camps. He has great upside with his size and strong arm. Howard was a very consistent as a slot back returns. Most of the lineman return. I think our biggest Byrd was the only Sr. maybe wrong on that.

But overall the highest number of players ever- mid 60's. Stouts first season leading the team with only a month before season started. A new O installed again one month before first game after the eternity years of Stanley double wing- run, run and run. We really need some of the bigger boys to come out for ball. We have some not a lot but they are in the hallways. I think if Stout is permanently hired as coach that he should be given at least 3 years to prove himself on the field. You wont find a better player/parent coach out there. I love that guy! He made a tremendous impact on my oldest son in so many great quality ways!! My son is well into his grad program at the U of Miami FL in Physical Therapy and maybe PHD afterward. I really feel Coach Stout steered my son into not giving when times are tough and giving your absolute best in everything. My son has been doing that since Stout's first year as JR High coach when my son was an 8th grader. His 9th grade year V was undefeated as well as GB going into the last game for the championship. GB had Hunter Winston (5A West prodigy) and Neal Burcham (SMU). Briar won I think 14-7 but it reinforced the character that Stout had on the boys. Future starts at the end of the week with the hiring decision.

Thanks for the report.  It sounds like the long term outlook for Vilonia is good- I really hope that's right.

PA Dad

Quote from: Beardad on December 15, 2015, 09:16:19 pm

You obviously are not a 5A fan and you obviously know little, if anything, about 5A football.

Beardad

Who? Who is going to be so good next year? Nobody from the South. Hope graduated their 1. White Hall fell of the map. WC graduated the 1 kid they tried to get the ball to every play. CF is in turmoil. Lakeside did all they could this year. Hot Springs can't ever put a whole season together.

In the central, Sylvan Hills has been good lately, but they'll never be on PAs level. McClellan returns some studs and a bunch of big guys, but they can't pass to save their lives. Batesville is very solid year in and year out, I think they've been the best overall team for years but they always falter. Wynne puts a decent season together every now and then, but since the departure of Don Campbell (must be another friend of mine) they haven't been the same. The West has been irrelevant since Greenwood left.

So tell me since I know so little of 5A football, who's to dethrone PA? Who will keep PA from running the table for the next 3 years?

Viliona? Beebe? Fair? GCT? DeQueen? Huntsville?

the voice

Wynne has won over 40 games in the last 4 years I think. Since CH took over after DC replacement faltered and they didn't make the playoffs. I don't remember what year greenwood left , but the west has at least one state title since they left.

You have spouted off things that one could look at from say hootens or something similar. Browse through and make statements about who has been on top and who has been good. Not saying that's what you did or where you got your information. But one could say that about any classification , perhaps you are a coach from somewhere and have a one sided opinion, who knows and really who cares , when greenwood was here last they dominated for several seasons , very long winning streak, I guess they made it relavent and the whole classification better.

They were good , as some of the people you mention in your first post. But if you are as informed as you would like all to believe, then you would know all things have cycles ! And you left out FV at Alma also,  no coach can stay in the game and on top forever, they age as they are human, no matter what class or location. I give credit to the great coaches who have laid down paths to follow and achievements to reach.

This is now that was then.  We all enjoy looking back and remembering past greats but those times are gone.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas