• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USE FOR SCORE THREAD:5A CHAMPIONSHIP: Pulaski Academy vs LR McClellan (FRIDAY 7:00)

Started by Brian G, November 27, 2015, 09:49:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Winner is??

Pulaski Academy
56 (78.9%)
Little Rock McClellan
15 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: December 04, 2015, 10:25:41 pm

PA Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 04, 2015, 03:10:53 pm
Great pep rally at PA.  The entire school (preK-12) packed into the gym and it was a raucous crowd.  Ready for the game!

I was there too.  The team is really hyped up for this game.  I probably shouldn't say this, but I'm starting to feel sorry for McClellan.

PercussionMan

Quote from: PA Dad on December 04, 2015, 03:23:03 pm
Great pep rally at PA.  The entire school (preK-12) packed into the gym and it was a raucous crowd.  Ready for the game!

I was there too.  The team is really hyped up for this game.  I probably shouldn't say this, but I'm starting to feel sorry for McClellan.

That's fair to say....I hope they at least start the game well and don't get down 2-3 scores quickly....at least make it competitive for a half or so.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: PA Dad on December 04, 2015, 03:23:03 pm

thats what I've been telling y'all, theirs no stopping PA

tmycjy

Dose any one were there a live streaming of the class 5-A state tittle game

Beardad

hogs25

Glad these games are FINALLY on TV in Arkansas.  We've talked about this for years so whoever made this happen congrats to you.  All you football junkies the mighty Katy Tigers play tonight on 449 7:30 Dishnet. So DVR it.

Chief_Osceola™

IAFLAR7

Katy is the real deal. Maybe PA should bshould give that a shot next year :)

HeberFan

AT

McClellan fumbles and then their WR picks it up and runs it in for a td. 2 point conversion good.

PA - 14
McClellan - 8

4:15 1st

PA just received the kickoff and called for a fair catch signal, but tried to advance the ball. Bruin ball at their own 15.

AT

PA is pressured twice and faces a 4th and 16 on their own 9.

PA looking like they are going for it of course.

PA - 14
McClellan - 8

3:13 1st

hogs25

AT

McClellan gets pressure again and forces an incomplete pass. McClellan ball on the PA 9. 1st and goal

PA - 14
McClellan - 8

3:08 1st

AT

McClellan players make a great play on the option on 3rd and Goal. They score a touchdown. 2 point conversion no good.

PA - 14
McClellan - 14

1:47 1st

AT

Pulaski Academy fair catches the kickoff at their own 41. Bruin ball there.

PA - 14
McClellan - 14

1:46 1st

AT

PA picks up a 4th and 7.

They are in McClellan territory, but my NFHS live stream went out.

I can still hear them.

1st and goal for the Bruins after a big run by Bruce.

AT

PA scores a touchdown on a QB scramble. PAT good.

PA - 21
McClellan - 14

11:21 2nd

Romeo

AT

PA's onside kick goes out of bounds. McClellan ball on their own 49. Strong scores on the 1st play for McClellan. 2 point conversion is good

McClellan - 22
PA - 21

11:25 2nd

How often has PA trailed this year?

PA Dad

AT

That's right. Thanks, PA Dad.

PA ball on their own 30 after the kickoff.

AT

PA facing a 3rd and 9 from about their own 31 after a timeout.

McClellan - 22
PA - 21

11:05 2nd

AT

PA picks up a 1st down and we have another timeout.

McClellan - 22
PA - 21

10:59 2nd

Hornet4ever

You figure being able to watch this game wouldnt be this difficult. Smh

AT

Hatcher keeps the ball again for a TD. Bruins go for two and get it.

PA - 29
McClellan - 22

I forgot to check the time before they went to break. Mid 2nd quarter?

AT

Lionheart88

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 04, 2015, 07:47:53 pm
PA scores a touchdown on a QB scramble. PAT good.

PA - 21
McClellan - 14

11:21 2nd
Wait, PA kicked a PAT?  I thought the numbers dictated that it was always better to go for two.  What gives?

AT

PA intercepts the ball on 4th down (it was a great catch)

He took it back deep into McClellan territory, but a block in the back puts PA at the McClellan 44.

PA - 29
McClellan - 22

PA takes one play for a 49 yard TD pass, but a hold is going to negate it.

4:59 2nd

AT

PA is intercepted on 4th and long. McClellan ball around the pA 25.

PA - 29
McClellan - 22

3:05 2nd

AT

McClellan facing a 4th and forever in their own territory. Probably going to punt with a little over a minute left in the half.

PA - 29
McClellan - 22

AT

McClellan gets a great punt and pins PA inside their own 15.

PA - 29
McClellan - 22

1:11 2nd

AT

McClellan sacks PA around their own 30. PA takes a timeout.

PA - 29
McClellan - 22

:48 2nd

AT

Holy Toledo! PA tries to set up a screen and McClellan sniffs it out and the BIG MAN gets  pick six.

AT

AT

AT

PA is going to have probably one more play with the ball at the McClellan 45.

McClellan - 30
PA - 29

:06 2nd

AT

hogs25

AT

Thoughts:

PA is having trouble tackling the McClellan runners. They've made some great tackles, too. They aren't doing terrible, but McClellan is getting some extra yards after first contact.

McClellan is playing good in coverage, considering they are playing PA, a team known to make the other teams look like toast.

PA is mixing up their offense well and playing very balanced to keep McClellan on their heels. They are still finding the big play.

That pick six is a huge play. Can't underestimate that play.

McClellan may have never been thinking about the fact that they got mercy ruled by this team earlier in the year, but now they are definitely not thinking that. I imagine it was in the back of their minds early in the game. But winning this game seems very realistic for McClellan now.

McClellan ball to start the 2nd half.

Coach Venny Slocombe

WPWells

*McClellan will receive the kickoff. There's no guarantee it will be their ball

PA Dad

The last time PA trailed at half they scored 28 unanswered in the second half.  Kelley and Wood are great at half time adjustments.  But McClellan is s much better team than they were the first time PA played them.  If PA doesn't play better in the 2d half, LRM can win this game.

AT

Rolling

Coach Kelly and his professional caching staff will have to coach  this 2nd half to pull this victory out...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Rolling on December 04, 2015, 08:51:58 pm
Coach Kelly and his professional caching staff will have to coach  this 2nd half to pull this victory out...
What is a caching staff? If Kelly has one everyone should try it...It's another one of Kelly's tricks...

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Rolling on December 04, 2015, 08:51:58 pm
If you're going to insult, spell it right. And all coaches are professionals. They get paid for what they do.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas