• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USE FOR SCORE THREAD:5A CHAMPIONSHIP: Pulaski Academy vs LR McClellan (FRIDAY 7:00)

Started by Brian G, November 27, 2015, 09:49:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Winner is??

Pulaski Academy
56 (78.9%)
Little Rock McClellan
15 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: December 04, 2015, 10:25:41 pm

Brian G

PA Dad

I don't know why the thread started by B.G. is locked, but I'm ready to start the discussion.

Congrats to McClellan for the win over Batesville and for a great season.  You have to be one of the stories of the year.

Many will say that PA will win this game easily.  I disagree.  While PA won earlier in the season, McClellan has improved greatly since then and has not lost a game since then.  I think McClellan will come to play and this will be a competitive game.

WPWells

PA by 28. I know you're being humble, PA Dad, but I don't think this will be close

the voice

I gotta give credit to LRM , after our game I felt like we let a team beat us that we should have beaten. Now they are in title game. They've earned it. Makes the two point loss a little easier to accept. Congrats 

PA Dad

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 27, 2015, 11:15:28 pm
PA by 28. I know you're being humble, PA Dad, but I don't think this will be close

I'm really not being humble.  I think PA should be favored, but it's hard to beat a good team twice in one season.  And McClellan has proved itself.  You don't beat Batesville at home in the semis unless you're for real.  I think it will be a great game.

paraloma

Overdahill

Mr. Trill

Being knowing Coach Moody from Knee high to a grasshopper, I expected this outcome when he came to this school. They will get beat but I'm expecting a fight, shout to they squad from E.A.R.L.E.

#1jacketfan

PA will dominate....PA must have really turned the juice on later in their season. I honestly thought LRC would have put up a good fight,boy was I wrong, PA will always dominate in 5A!

4thandgoal

Quote from: B.G. on November 27, 2015, 09:49:14 pm
Who you got?

It is amazing that LRM made it to the championship game. They were rated at #21 at the beginning of the season. They are to be commended, but I do think that PA will be too much for them on Championship night. LRM made it and several other teams did not. Any of the other teams would love to be in their spot. So next year, when the hooten boys rank your team at the bottom of the barrel, stay focused, play as a team, and this is what can happen. Congrats to LRM. I bet hootens did not see this coming.

Romeo

I think we all know how this game will turn out but I have to commend what McClellan has done. LR schools desperately needed a season like this.

The Future

Remember the bold predictions thread made at the start of the season?
The 3 teams everyone was picking were PA Batesville and Wynne.

My bold prediction was out of those 3 teams, only one would make it to state.

Here we are at the end of the season and turns out I predicted right.

Overdahill

Quote from: The Future on November 28, 2015, 02:24:44 pm

I bet you knew which one too ;)

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on November 28, 2015, 02:24:44 pm

That was a great call.   Of course, you omitted your other bold prediction that Harrison would make the second round of the playoffs!

The Future

Overdahill, they don't call me the Future for nothing :)

PA Dad, yea that prediction didnt really pan out lol. I figured for sure they'd at least make playoffs but didnt really believe theyd make the second round but I gave it to them. Hence the bold pick lol.

I think I had another one somewheres too. Ill need to check it out.

I remember I also put a post saying how JC might not win their 4peat because here in recent history, something has prevented and something has taken away the 4peat from teams who were expected to accomplish it. So I kinda predicted that as well :)

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on November 28, 2015, 03:23:02 pm

PA Dad, yea that prediction didnt really pan out lol. I figured for sure they'd at least make playoffs but didnt really believe theyd make the second round but I gave it to them. Hence the bold pick lol.

I remember I also put a post saying how JC might not win their 4peat because here in recent history, something has prevented and something has taken away the 4peat from teams who were expected to accomplish it. So I kinda predicted that as well :)

I have a hard time correctly predicting who will win a game.  Compared to my record, yours looks dang good.

Black and Gold

Iknewthemwhen

DeltaSwarmFather

tmycjy

Maynard G Krebs

While the previous meeting resulted in an 11 point win by PA, most of the McClellan scores came on the second team of PA as they could not stop P. Strong and he had several long runs late on the game. But, I expect a better performance in the championship game from McClellan simply because of their great achievement this season and also playing the underdog role will serve to inspire them.

I'm counting on the PA offense to execute as always and have confidence that the defense will do the same.  The defense of PA is often overlooked, but they are a solid unit across the board.

Intelligentsia

Wonderdog

This will be the first 5A title game I have missed in 8 years. I feel that a more entertaining contest will be held in Cleveland County on Friday night. Good luck to the lions. I hope you over-perform based on the majority of the posters thoughts.

MB Hog

I missed the first matchup this season, and will sadly miss the championship game as I head out of town for my daughter's soccer showcase.  That said, I expect this to be a pretty one-sided game with PA in the driver's seat.

Yes, the final score of the first meeting was 41-30, but it was 41-6 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.  At that point PA put in the 3rd team and LRM moved the ball at will, scoring three TDs and 3 2-pt conversions in the 4th quarter.  It got close enough that LRM started calling timeouts to get the ball back.  Coach Kelley put the starters back in for two plays, moved the ball about 60 yards (inside the LRM 20), then put the 3rd team back in to run out the clock.

I do believe that LRM has improved significantly since that game, but I've seen most of the PA games since then and they have become a dominating team on both sides of the ball.  The defense had one tough game against Hope, but the Hope QB and receivers had an incredible night.  They fought for every ball and just out-muscled our d-backs on several well-covered plays.  I don't expect that to happen against LRM.

The PA offense has reached new heights since the last LRM game.  I just don't see any way LRM will be able to keep up with them in this game.

Hard to predict the final score.  I think PA will mercy rule LRM again, but Coach Kelley will likely do what he has all season... stay full throttle until they get that magical 35-point lead, then let the 3rd teamers get some playing time.

I'll go with 50-28, PA.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: The Future on November 28, 2015, 03:23:02 pm

Don't sweat it future.  None of my preseason picks came close to reality.  Too much homer in me I guess.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Anyway, as for the game, I can see it playing out like the championship game between Springdale and W. Memphis about 10 years ago.  PA will jump out early, McClellan will move the ball and score some to keep it interesting, but in the end PA has just too much and will win by 3 or 4 scores.

Maynard G Krebs

What's going on for pregame activities for the Bruin fans at WMS? 

Lanny

Maynard G Krebs

Lumberjackfan1978

nightowl

LR McClellan win this one I believe Coach Moody will have the best game plan for the game and by the way he is from the Bulldog Nation

Hornet4ever

RamFan06

Have wanted to see PA play all year so I will be at this one.

Wish I could say I'm picking McClellan but PA should win this by 2 TD's. I hope the Crimson Lions prove me wrong though.

Maynard G Krebs

Reading the DemGaz today reveals that the Lions play well when the lights go out.  Need to be sure that WMS doesn't have a power outage this Friday

Lumberjackfan1978

Lions84

Kolsher

Hornet4ever

PA Dad

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2015, 02:46:41 pm
Quote from: Kolsher on December 02, 2015, 12:41:16 pm
Lrm wins it 35-22

If LRM holds PA to 22 points they will win, and they should.

yes, and I'd be checking the Mayan calendar cause the apocalypse could be coming soon  :o

Grond

I find myself cheering for LRM. The accomplishments of the LRM coaches offer a lot of hope for those of us from consistently loosing high school football programs.

But it is hard to see PA being stopped.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Grond on December 03, 2015, 09:16:10 pm
I find myself cheering for LRM. The accomplishments of the LRM coaches offer a lot of hope for those of us from consistently loosing high school football programs.

Say it ain't so, Grond

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 03, 2015, 09:33:43 pm

Say it ain't so, Grond

here ya go Maynard "It ain't so Grond" :)

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on December 03, 2015, 09:38:44 pm

Say it ain't so, Grond

here ya go Maynard "It ain't so Grond" :)

😄😄😄

Grond

Say it ain't so, Grond

What can I say.  :-\   I'm just a two-timing ........ bum.  :-*

Hope for a safe night for both teams. And Good Hunting.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Grond on December 04, 2015, 07:28:49 am

Say it ain't so, Grond

What can I say.  :-\   I'm just a two-timing ........ bum.  :-*

Hope for a safe night for both teams. And Good Hunting.

You're too kind to yourself 😃

PercussionMan

Congrats to L.R. McClellan....I know they only lost by 11 earlier in the year to P.A., but this is the state championship....I figure P.A. will pretty much roll like they did last year against Wynne.

Lions84

Maynard G Krebs

Great pep rally at PA.  The entire school (preK-12) packed into the gym and it was a raucous crowd.  Ready for the game!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas