• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

largest high school stadiums in Arkansas

Started by BK Fan, October 19, 2008, 04:27:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BK Fan

Does anyone know a website that I can get a list of the largest high school stadiums by capacity???? ???

RED MO 1

Bentonville is the largest I've seen.. don't know the compacity

lionfan59

i cant just wonder how big springdale-harbor 's stadium is going to be have you seen their school..as the young kids say OMG ;D

Texarkana_Piggie

Billyo62

CardsQB12

Quote from: fridaynightfan on October 22, 2008, 01:57:37 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on October 22, 2008, 01:37:25 pm
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on October 20, 2008, 02:30:25 pm
ahs seats around 9000
Hate to sound Stupid but where is ahs?

Atkins?
Alma?
Arkadelphia?
Augusta?
Ashdown?

Try Arkansas High...her screenname says she's in Texarkana.

Billyo62

Quote from: CardsQB12 on October 22, 2008, 02:05:05 pm
ahs seats around 9000

Atkins?
Alma?
Arkadelphia?
Augusta?
Ashdown?

Try Arkansas High...her screenname says she's in Texarkana.

thanks- Only been in NWA for 2 Years.

Texarkana_Piggie

everyone around here calls us ahs or arkansas high.  outside this immediate area is where they call us texarkana.  there are 5 high schools in texarkana, so we call each other by the school names.

Scorpiux

WoW! I didn't know Texarkana has 5 high schools. Learn something new on here everyday!  ;)

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Scorpiux on October 22, 2008, 10:02:49 pm
WoW! I didn't know Texarkana has 5 high schools. Learn something new on here everyday!  ;)

arkansas high
texas high
liberty-eylau
pleasant grove
trinity
and technically genoa central is texarkana.
so that would really be 6

tushhawg

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on October 23, 2008, 06:06:28 pm
Quote from: Scorpiux on October 22, 2008, 10:02:49 pm

arkansas high
texas high
liberty-eylau
pleasant grove
trinity
Hey Piggie you forgot about Fouke.

Texarkana_Piggie

fouke is not in the texarkana city limits.  only part of genoa is.  the other 5 high schools  are inside the city limits. 

Hoghead

ahs seats around 9000

Atkins?
Alma?
Arkadelphia?
Augusta?
Ashdown?

Atkins? No... there's not 9 thousand people in Atkins!
Alma? Nice Stadium but it can't hold 9 grand. Small visitors side.
Augusta? spare me!
Ashdown? Dick Hayes Stadium seats about 2 grand and smeels like a Paper Mill!!!!!!!
It's the world reknowned Original Razorbacks of Arkansas High in Texarkana!! Older Facility that just got renivated. Seats 9 grand with very nice amenities. Turf Field, New Locker rooms and Scoreboard. If they would just fix the parking lot at AHS!!!!!!

Hoghead

Quote from: fridaynightfan on October 22, 2008, 02:13:26 pm
I wonder why that name is rarely used when the scores are announced.

If you drive down Jefferson St. It Say's it on the front of the Building.
ARKANSAS HIGH SCHOOL!!! Home of the RAZORBACKS!!!! TEXAS HIGH says the same thing on the TEXAS side of Texarkana.

cyclonehog

I'd bet Quigley Stadium is the largest in the state (home stadium of LR Central)

OJs Stacker

Dont know how many El Dorado holds, but bigger than Texarkana.   The visitor side is 3 times bigger than AHS.

gatecrasher

I was told that Memorial Stadium in El Dorado could seat 10,000.

Hoghead

Quote from: OJs Stacker on November 22, 2008, 02:41:13 pm
Dont know how many El Dorado holds, but bigger than Texarkana.   The visitor side is 3 times bigger than AHS.

That's Not true! El Dorado Memorial "Mausoleum" Stadium is Big. But it's not 3 times the size of AHS"s Razorback Stadium. Plus that Visitor side isn't as big as that Huge Home Side in El Dorado. Razorback Stadium in Texarkana is equally as High on both sides, it's a big Stadium that seats 9 grand easy. Now that Mausoleum in El Dorado holds about 10 to 11 Grand. It's Big and it's Old!!!

PA Pressbox

Quote from: BK Fan on October 19, 2008, 04:27:54 pm
Does anyone know a website that I can get a list of the largest high school stadiums by capacity???? ???

The answer to this is obvious.  LR Catholic High School.  Their home stadium is War Memorial in LR. 8)

Billyo62

Quote from: PA Pressbox on November 22, 2008, 03:16:54 pm

The answer to this is obvious.  LR Catholic High School.  Their home stadium is War Memorial in LR. 8)

Can't argue that one!

It's a Threadkiller!   ;D

Texarkana_Piggie

November 22, 2008, 04:33:30 pm #20 Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:47:50 am by Texarkana_Piggie
Quote from: Hoghead, Fearless Friday's Mob Boss! on November 22, 2008, 03:06:55 pm
Dont know how many El Dorado holds, but bigger than Texarkana.   The visitor side is 3 times bigger than AHS.

That's Not true! El Dorado Memorial "Mausoleum" Stadium is Big. But it's not 3 times the size of AHS"s Razorback Stadium. Plus that Visitor side isn't as big as that Huge Home Side in El Dorado. Razorback Stadium in Texarkana is equally as High on both sides, it's a big Stadium that seats 9 grand easy. Now that Mausoleum in El Dorado holds about 10 to 11 Grand. It's Big and it's Old!!!

arkansas high's stadium has 5 sections on home and visitor. each section has 26 rows.  each row has 32 seats.  home and visitor are identical.  you can do the math.

OJs Stacker

I agree home side in El Dorado is bigger.  But what I was trying to say was the visitor side was the biggest I've seen anywhere. ( Not that I've been all that many places)  Bentonville has the best looking place I've seen but dont think it seats more than El Dorado. 

dh28

it is  but the schools manage there own, the nicest one in 6a south ahs , eldos is bigger , and lrcental is old but it is big when i say old its old. all 3 of theses stadiums are old ahs just fixed thiers up

Nwarkfan

Through out the years when looking at the different places El Dorado has to be one of the biggest and best.

gatecrasher

And the old stadium will be deafening tonight-we secure our spot in WMS-GO CATS!

Hoghead

Quote from: dh28 on November 27, 2008, 10:07:34 am

it is  but the schools manage there own, the nicest one in 6a south ahs , eldos is bigger , and lrcental is old but it is big when i say old its old. all 3 of theses stadiums are old ahs just fixed thiers up

AHS did a great job in sprucing up Razorback Stadium. The fieldhouse in the North End Zone is sharp. New Turf and scoreboard!

bigman5570

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 22, 2008, 04:33:30 pm
Quote from: Hoghead, Fearless Friday's Mob Boss! on November 22, 2008, 03:06:55 pm

arkansas high's stadium has 5 sections on home and visitor. each section has 26 rows.  each row has 32 seats.  home and visitor are identical.  you can do the math.
Comes out to 8320, thats a lot of seating

HOOK

I BEEN TO BOTH EL DORADO AND TEXARKANA I WILL SAY TEXARKANA HAS THE BIGGER STADIUM BETWEEN THE TWO. LR CENTRAL IS OLD BUT WHEN I WENT AND SEEN THEM PLAY SPRINGDALE MUSTAIN SR YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS IT HAD TO BE 15,000 AT THE GAME

Billyo62

Quote from: HOOK on December 01, 2008, 02:52:23 pm
I BEEN TO BOTH EL DORADO AND TEXARKANA I WILL SAY TEXARKANA HAS THE BIGGER STADIUM BETWEEN THE TWO. LR CENTRAL IS OLD BUT WHEN I WENT AND SEEN THEM PLAY SPRINGDALE MUSTAIN SR YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS IT HAD TO BE 15,000 AT THE GAME

Quit with the caps!

Txk_Hawg

Compare these Google Earth images, Texarkana's looks to be bigger than El Dorado's overall.

Hoghead

I knew the Visitors side in El Dorado wasn't the same as the big home side. Texarkana is the same on both sides.

AHS06

Arkansas High is larger than El Dorado.  They are identical on the home side but El Dorado visitors is small. 

Central has the largest stadium I've seen in Arkansas.

BigLion10

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on October 23, 2008, 06:06:28 pm
arkansas high
texas high
liberty-eylau
pleasant grove
trinity
what about hooks lol

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 15, 2017, 08:33:09 pm
what about hooks lol
again....not in the city limits.
there is another private high school now but it doesn't have sports...so...

piggy

Quote from: RED MO 1 on October 19, 2008, 08:12:31 pm
Bentonville is the largest I've seen.. don't know the compacity

I see no way that Bentonville is the largest.

The visitor side is small and very cramped.

The visitor locker room is so small that only a fraction of the team can get in there at half time, the other kids have to sit under the stands.

The south end has no room for spectators and most times this area is chained off.

The entire sports complex is crammed in and doesn't fit well on too little land.

Rulesman

Still one of the nicest facilities I ever worked in. Many smalll colleges would kill for a layout like that.

Texarkana_Piggie

they are renovating the concessions and restrooms at razorback stadium right now. new ticket booths, new entrances, the concessions will be up under the stands.  the entrance will be on the 50 instead of the end zone.  it will be nice when it is finished.  been needed for a long time.  that stadium was built in 72.  my dad was on the school board when they built it. 

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

June 27, 2017, 01:52:05 pm #37 Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:56:59 pm by SOUTHWESTPOWER49
So help me out a little bit. The largest in each classification would be....

2A-???
3A-???
4A-Nashville
5A-Alma
6A-Texarkana
7A-Central

Is that right? Minus 2A and 3A because I have no idea lol

AT

I don't think Alma has the largest seating in 5A anymore. Our home side is enormous and our visitor side is respectable (definitely not small) but I believe Harrison holds the most now. Probably some other schools, too.

AT

I say that..but the more I look at Harrison's home side, I'm not sure.

Some people don't realize how big Alma's home side really is.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: Almatrackster on June 27, 2017, 02:28:16 pm
I say that..but the more I look at Harrison's home side, I'm not sure.

Some people don't realize how big Alma's home side really is.
I've never been but I've seen pictures. Its impressive.

AHS06

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: AHS06 on June 27, 2017, 08:08:06 pm
6A and 7A is correct for sure
I figure they were. I know 4A is right; Its not even close. 2A and 3A are a toss up. 5A, I still say Alma.

tmycjy

Here my ranking for 5A
This is base on how good the stadium is not how good the team plays

1. Paragould
2. Valley View
3. Wynne
4. Batesville
5. Nettleton
6. Green County tech
7. Blytheville
8. Forrest city

West
1. Alma
2. Harrison
3. Maumelle
4. Greenbrier
5. Farmington
6. Clarksville
7. Morrilton
8. Vilonia

Central
1. LR Christian
2. Beebe
3. Pulaski Academy
4. LR Mills
5. Sylvan Hills
6. LR McClellan
7. LR Parkview
8. LR Fair

South

1. HS Lakeside
2. White Hall
3. Waston Chapel
4. Hot Springs
5. Camden
6. Hope
7. DeQueen
8. Magnolia

This is my pick not trying to get anyone mad I have not been to all these stadium so I'm going on picture and t.v. High light

Central AR

July 24, 2017, 01:06:53 am #44 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:09:38 am by Central AR
Quote from: tmycjy on June 29, 2017, 10:09:38 pm
Here my ranking for 5A
This is base on how good the stadium is not how good the team plays

1. Paragould
2. Valley View
3. Wynne
4. Batesville
5. Nettleton
6. Green County tech
7. Blytheville
8. Forrest city

West
1. Alma
2. Harrison
3. Maumelle
4. Greenbrier
5. Farmington
6. Clarksville
7. Morrilton
8. Vilonia

Central
1. LR Christian
2. Beebe
3. Pulaski Academy
4. LR Mills
5. Sylvan Hills
6. LR McClellan
7. LR Parkview
8. LR Fair

South

1. HS Lakeside
2. White Hall
3. Waston Chapel
4. Hot Springs
5. Camden
6. Hope
7. DeQueen
8. Magnolia

This is my pick not trying to get anyone mad I have not been to all these stadium so I'm going on picture and t.v. High light

Looks good. I would switch Beebe with PA and Vilonia with Clarksville. Vilonia's home actually holds way more than what you would think.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas