• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A State Can anyone hang with Rosebud.

Started by rayzorbackfan, May 07, 2018, 11:58:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rayzorbackfan

Is this years 3A state Rosebuds to lose. Are there any contenders, or just a bunch of pretenders. Let me hear it who else has a chance.

OneHitWonder

Yes, Bald Knob has a great chance in the Semifinals.  Their lineup is as scary as anybody's, but their coach is leaving and doesn't really care anymore so that could hurt them.  Harmony Grove will give either of them a battle in the state championship game.

BoogieMan27

Quote from: OneHitWonder on May 07, 2018, 01:14:37 pm
Yes, Bald Knob has a great chance in the Semifinals.  Their lineup is as scary as anybody's, but their coach is leaving and doesn't really care anymore so that could hurt them.  Harmony Grove will give either of them a battle in the state championship game.
That isn't exactly the truth. I know Coach Finley. He eats, sleeps, and breathes softball. His girls may be a little emotional that he's leaving but he isn't giving up until it's over. Bald Knob will get it together and be there in the end.

rayzorbackfan

Is Coach Finley retiring or changing jobs.

OneHitWonder

I personally think BK wins it all this year.  Finley is going to Dierks to coach basketball & assistant softball.

rayzorbackfan

It could happen, a lot of tradition and talent at BK.

3 Dollar

rayzorbackfan

So what you're saying is there's a chance. :D :D :D ;D

mustanglion73

This bracket will be a cake walk for RB. They have already throttled BHG, and BK couldnt even get to the finals of conference tourney. Rosebud in dominant fashion.

MrRBurgundy

Saying that Finley "doesn't really care anymore" is about like saying Trump has good hair. Come on bro, you can't really believe that!

mustanglion73

Except for the fact RB just beat HG 10-0 in Conference Championship game. Not gonna happen.

rayzorbackfan

That makes total since, just like last year. Team dominates all season long rolls into the Championship game then....

jacosportsfreak

Quote from: BoogieMan27 on May 07, 2018, 01:47:18 pm
That isn't exactly the truth. I know Coach Finley. He eats, sleeps, and breathes softball. His girls may be a little emotional that he's leaving but he isn't giving up until it's over. Bald Knob will get it together and be there in the end.

You can put what Finley knows about softball in a thimble. He's simply a talent chaser.

WHITEchicken

Ole Man River

Finley has forgot more about softball than you will ever know Jaco.  He got beat today by a very good Rose Bud team.  And while I'm at it, you must be one of the many fans he upset while beating your team.

roger94

Talent chaser huh? Pretty sure he's the one that pointed spring Hill in the right direction when they were terrible

jacosportsfreak

Quote from: roger94 on May 12, 2018, 09:18:36 pm
Talent chaser huh? Pretty sure he's the one that pointed spring Hill in the right direction when they were terrible

That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. You obviously know very little about AR softball.

FlexIng

May 12, 2018, 10:14:30 pm #18 Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 10:18:40 pm by FlexIng
Quote from: roger94 on May 12, 2018, 09:18:36 pm
He won a State title with Spring Hill and yes he gets the credit for being the head coach. BUT there was a group of girls that played travel ball all their lives and they knew most everything they needed to know before they started playing HS ball. If it's  2A ball with 5 A level travel ball players on the team the coach doesn't need to know a lot. LOL... with that said I don't Think he checked out on his team.

NEASPORTSFAN

Last time I checked, all coaches needed talent to win... ::)

PUDGEMVP99

FlexIng

May 13, 2018, 02:40:54 pm #21 Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:04:41 am by FlexIng
Quote from: PioneerSoftball on May 13, 2018, 08:24:20 am
Last time I checked, all coaches needed talent to win... ::)
I agree completely and never said they did not need talent to win. I was just stating that about SH and him because they were bad before that group got up there for the most part with him coaching and won the year after he left and got runner-up the year after that. Both the last two of them years were with head coaches that had zero softball coaching experience. That is  all I was saying in different wording I guess. LoL

jacosportsfreak

Having talent and developing talent are two entirely different things.

Mulerider4Life

Well it looks like we will see what Harmony Grove can do.

Mulerider4Life

Harmony Grove basically has a home game with it being hosted at Benton. Not sure if that will help much.

WHITEchicken

HG has a shot at Rosebud this weekend. If they can hit like they did in the last game it will be a good. If they hit like they did their first two games it might be a struggle.

Cobra00

Rosebud is going to hit some shots.  They hit 3 bombs against our girls.  The key for us was nobody was on base when they did it.  We only scored 6 runs but it was enough that day.  Our girls have not played against many 3A teams so I haven't seen very many but Rosebud was a handful.  I can't imagine another team having more talent.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Cobra00 on May 17, 2018, 06:54:28 pm
Rosebud is going to hit some shots.  They hit 3 bombs against our girls.  The key for us was nobody was on base when they did it.  We only scored 6 runs but it was enough that day.  Our girls have not played against many 3A teams so I haven't seen very many but Rosebud was a handful.  I can't imagine another team having more talent.

At the end of the day, Rosebud will win by 5 or more probably. This is coming from a Harmony Grove fan.

WHITEchicken

Harmony grove 4
Rosebud 2
Final

Looks like harmony grove can

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 19, 2018, 04:15:22 pm
Harmony grove 4
Rosebud 2
Final

Really surprised by this! Super excited though!

Looks like harmony grove can

WHITEchicken

Yeah extra inning game I heard it was a good game

CrazySacDad

rayzorbackfan

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on May 19, 2018, 06:29:23 pm

I bet Mulerider4life could see those Girls working, I sure did. Great job Lady Cardinals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas