• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State, Day 3

Started by bscinar, February 28, 2018, 12:14:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

eamo8911

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 28, 2018, 10:12:21 pm
ICC 72
Nevada 62

Final.

I agree with all who say ICC is young. They panic if the other team goes on a run, even if they are still up.  They can't do that against Kirby and expect to survive and I would imagine Kirby won't have like a million fouls either like Nevada.  Charity stripe was very important tonight.

AT

Boys Bracket After Day 3

Woodlawn
Mt. Vernon-Enola

Kirby
Izard County

Bay
Western Grove/Strong

Guy-Perkins
Armorel/Deer

bscinar

ICC plays like a young team - but they can still compete and be good when they play with composure.

Kirby vs ICC may be the game of the tournament...

jsw6f0

bscinar

February 28, 2018, 10:20:32 pm #104 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:32:43 pm by bscinar
Quote from: jsw6f0 on February 28, 2018, 10:18:59 pm
Kirby by 15+
Kirby has to come up with a strategy to deal with Cooper - he's young, but he is a solid player with the size to cause problems.

eamo8911

Quote from: bscinar on February 28, 2018, 10:20:32 pm
Kirby had to come up with a strategy to deal with Cooper - he's young, but he is a solid player with the size to cause problems.

Agreed. And he did lead the team to the final four last year as a freshman.

D6Bound

Quote from: bscinar on February 28, 2018, 10:18:05 pm
ICC plays like a young team - but they can still compete and be good when they play with composure.

Kirby vs ICC may be the game of the tournament...
Still got my bet set that the winner of that game will win it all!

bscinar

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2018, 10:36:28 pm
Still got my bet set that the winner of that game will win it all!
you could be right, but GP is trying to send Hutch out a winner this year - and they have some horses...

D6Bound

Quote from: bscinar on February 28, 2018, 10:39:43 pm
you could be right, but GP is trying to send Hutch out a winner this year - and they have some horses...
Maybe the Yellowjackets could pull it off on that side and we'll have a good ole fashion northern war for the ship  ;)

bscinar

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2018, 10:41:08 pm
Maybe the Yellowjackets could pull it off on that side and we'll have a good ole fashion northern war for the ship  ;)
Has there ever been a class 1A champion with a loosing record?  That would be an odd banner to hang in Bay -- Class 1A state champs with an overall record of 20-22 -- i don't see it happening

D6Bound

Quote from: bscinar on February 28, 2018, 10:44:13 pm
Has there ever been a class 1A champion with a loosing record?  That would be an odd banner to hang in Bay -- Class 1A state champs with an overall record of 20-22 -- i don't see it happening
well this is the weakest 1A has ever been so I wouldn't count them out.

Moonshiner

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2018, 10:51:29 pm
well this is the weakest 1A has ever been so I wouldn't count them out.

People say that every year.  So....I dunno.  It is what it is. 

bscinar

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 28, 2018, 11:00:28 pm
I think the 'blended conferences' had more impact than people think....

D6Bound

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 28, 2018, 11:00:28 pm
Just my opinion, any team in 1A this year would have gotten beat 20 by GP last season, and would've gotten beat a hundred by Bay's 2016 and 2015 squads

bscinar

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2018, 11:11:01 pm
Just my opinion, any team in 1A this year would have gotten beat 20 by GP last season, and would've gotten beat a hundred by Bay's 2016 and 2015 squads
D6 - we finally agree on something :)

D6Bound

Quote from: bscinar on February 28, 2018, 11:13:11 pm
D6 - we finally agree on something :)
Hey now, I'm not a Bay hater anymore now that your nutso posters are gone! The more success Region 2 has the better in my opinion!

Moonshiner

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2018, 11:11:01 pm

And Bays squads would've gotten beat 20 by Guy Perkins 97-98 squad.  Or whatever year it was.  We can't live in the past.  The Parkdale teams of the 80's would've whipped everyone's hind ends.
We have This Year. Celebrate that!!

D6Bound

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 28, 2018, 11:19:19 pm
And Bays squads would've gotten beat 20 by Guy Perkins 97-98 squad.  Or whatever year it was.  We can't live in the past.  The Parkdale teams of the 80's would've whipped everyone's hind ends.
We have This Year. Celebrate that!!
PIG SOOIE

Moonshiner

no mascot

Let's make sure we appreciate the effort of the kids we have playing right now! So often we degrade today's athletes for yesteryear, and forget that we have excellent basketball being played right in front of our eyes! Bay-county line?! Woodlawn-Kingston?! What more can we as fans of the game ask for?! 

D6Bound

Quote from: no mascot on March 01, 2018, 12:09:54 am
Let's make sure we appreciate the effort of the kids we have playing right now! So often we degrade today's athletes for yesteryear, and forget that we have excellent basketball being played right in front of our eyes! Bay-county line?! Woodlawn-Kingston?! What more can we as fans of the game ask for?!
...A Warriors-Thunder playoff series  ;D

1Lurker

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 28, 2018, 10:12:21 pm
ICC 72
Nevada 62

Final.

Brilliant some times, sloppy others. But they get the post season W against a good Nevada team and a little post season experience to go with it.

BannerChaser95

People from the 80's said 90's basketball couldn't compete, 90's basketball said 2000's was to soft, 2000's basketball said 10's couldn't compete. Next 10 years we will say the same. It happens at every level. I'm guilty of saying it to, 1994 hogs would beat this team by 30. However YOU CAN NOT compare old teams to teams this year. 1A teams are still beating 5A-6A school. It's not like 1A is being destroyed by everyone they play. They're competing and this is the level basketball is at this year. It's still good basketball and I'm still a fan.

Kirby ICC will be a good game. We know how good the Kirby top players and how good cooper and Faulkner are. Kirby's players seem to have more scoring options, but not the cooper stand out either. If Kirby handles cooper like they did Matlock. Kirby can do what they want. And if they can't, and ICC controls the boards with second chance points. Icc wins. All I have to say is Friday's games will be AWESOME..

1Lurker

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 01, 2018, 08:26:07 am
People from the 80's said 90's basketball couldn't compete, 90's basketball said 2000's was to soft, 2000's basketball said 10's couldn't compete. Next 10 years we will say the same. It happens at every level. I'm guilty of saying it to, 1994 hogs would beat this team by 30. However YOU CAN NOT compare old teams to teams this year. 1A teams are still beating 5A-6A school. It's not like 1A is being destroyed by everyone they play. They're competing and this is the level basketball is at this year. It's still good basketball and I'm still a fan.

Kirby ICC will be a good game. We know how good the Kirby top players and how good cooper and Faulkner are. Kirby's players seem to have more scoring options, but not the cooper stand out either. If Kirby handles cooper like they did Matlock. Kirby can do what they want. And if they can't, and ICC controls the boards with second chance points. Icc wins. All I have to say is Friday's games will be AWESOME..

Well said

Ba$ketballFan54321

Well said. It's really hard to compare the past and the present. People have a tendency to overrate the past (AKA  rosy retrospection ). There were good teams in every decade. There are good teams now. There will be good teams 10 years from now. The game of basketball will be different then too, just like it was different 10 years ago. I just hate when people say *so and so team from this year would kill so and so team* maybe they would but I doubt they were as good as you remember.

Flobbito

When I have this conversation with people about 90's Bulls or 2010's Warrior I always say if you picked the Bulls teams up and dropped them in today's game they wouldn't be AS successful. And vice versa. The game has changed a lot. It doesn't use inside out sets like it used to, no more hand checking, flopping gets the charge now. It is just different. And I think it took about 30 years for players/teams to really catch up to the benefit of the 3-point line.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Flobbito on March 01, 2018, 08:56:32 am
When I have this conversation with people about 90's Bulls or 2010's Warrior I always say if you picked the Bulls teams up and dropped them in today's game they wouldn't be AS successful. And vice versa. The game has changed a lot. It doesn't use inside out sets like it used to, no more hand checking, flopping gets the charge now. It is just different. And I think it took about 30 years for players/teams to really catch up to the benefit of the 3-point line.
the game has changed a bunch.  5 steps now is not a walk def benefits the players now. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on March 01, 2018, 09:02:09 am
the game has changed a bunch.  5 steps now is not a walk def benefits the players now.
and if you hit a 20 footer you get an extra point. Been that way for a minute.

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: Flobbito on March 01, 2018, 08:56:32 am

Yes exactly!

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on March 01, 2018, 09:22:35 am
Yes exactly!
Basketball isn't much better now!  Just look at it

Moonshiner

Will be interesting to see if Kiby uses a junk defense against I.C.C. Like they did against Omaha. I.C.C. Has two really good ones.  If the other players from Izard County go cold, I suspect Kirby will win. Provided they shoot like they are capable of.

Backboard Shattered

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 01, 2018, 10:35:01 am
Will be interesting to see if Kiby uses a junk defense against I.C.C. Like they did against Omaha. I.C.C. Has two really good ones.  If the other players from Izard County go cold, I suspect Kirby will win. Provided they shoot like they are capable of.
I figure you see an expanded Box, Triangle, besides cooper not much inside threat for either team. I wanna see the rebound battle, I think winner of that wins game, Kirby's got more spread scoring, ICC has the better scorer... but if ICC's 14,5,21 do nothing you're right it could get ugly IMO.

FaceInTheCrowd

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 01, 2018, 10:35:01 am

Is it really a "junk defense" if it's effective? At this point, a team should be well balanced enough to win even against a Box and 1 or Triangle and 2. 

Moonshiner

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on March 01, 2018, 01:58:31 pm
Is it really a "junk defense" if it's effective? At this point, a team should be well balanced enough to win even against a Box and 1 or Triangle and 2.

I didn't mean any disrespect toward any team that uses that type of defense.
I'm just saying a box and 1 won't work as well on ICC, I wouldn't think.
Faulkner is pretty good too. 
I guess the defensive argument could be made that at this point a team should be balanced enough to win by playing a straight man or straight zone defense.
I have no problem with a coach using a "junk" defense.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas