• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Openings 2018 (see 1st post for current)

Started by epotts, February 15, 2018, 09:12:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGovernor

My point is loyalty doesn't exist for coaches in today's time and it shouldn't because of the way society is. At the end of the day it's a job. A tough one I might add

brock

Just because someone is from a town doesn't mean they need to stay there their entire career. Fired up is mad because he can't get his third job in 3 years. Talk about loyalty lol how about stay somewhere longer then a year dude.

dalemurphy

Sorry if I'm late to the game, but what does "ole fired up" mean?

SackAttack

Quote from: TheGovernor on April 22, 2018, 09:56:52 pm
Does it matter? IMO the only thing that matters is State Tourney. Little local tourneys don't mean Jack Squat! Did u beat them when u played them while at Timbo? Just curious
Little local tourneys do mean something when you haven't won one in the last decade! Nice try at the spin though! But win one every once in a while please

Informant

Loyalty is an outdated and overused word.  I doubt that 1A tiny Shirley was ever Coach Browns dream job.  Had he left for a bigger school and more money, no one would say anything about loyalty.  What's the difference between doing that and doing what he did? Absolutely nothing.  A group of parents or a singular parent can essentially have a coach removed.  So why should a coach of his caliber have to stay at any school?  He shouldn't!  He should be able to go wherever he wants. 

As for talent, any coach can win with talent.  Take AAU for example, 75% of the folks coaching AAU teams couldn't coach a high school team to save their life.  But they win.  If I were coaching, id want to go to the school with the most talent to.  That's human nature. 

Congrats to Coach Brown and Westside.  Should be a fun year in 1A.  All roads lead to Hot Springs and the ICC Cougars. 

thebigtiger

I guess if I was a coach at my hometown I wouldn't mind moving to a rival school to beat my home school.  I do agree that they will be deep in state next year.  They are  very talented.  I have been around Coach Brown a few times and he was always very professional.  I'm not putting anyone down for leaving a school to go to another I do wish him and both schools the best. 

SackAttack

Quote from: Informant on April 23, 2018, 10:09:58 am
Loyalty is an outdated and overused word.  I doubt that 1A tiny Shirley was ever Coach Browns dream job.  Had he left for a bigger school and more money, no one would say anything about loyalty.  What's the difference between doing that and doing what he did? Absolutely nothing.  A group of parents or a singular parent can essentially have a coach removed.  So why should a coach of his caliber have to stay at any school?  He shouldn't!  He should be able to go wherever he wants. 

As for talent, any coach can win with talent.  Take AAU for example, 75% of the folks coaching AAU teams couldn't coach a high school team to save their life.  But they win.  If I were coaching, id want to go to the school with the most talent to.  That's human nature. 

Congrats to Coach Brown and Westside.  Should be a fun year in 1A.  All roads lead to Hot Springs and the ICC Cougars.
You have no idea how true sentence #6 is!!

TheGovernor

That's your opinion. That's cool I'm just saying you can't knock a guy for leaving a school and then bring up a random fact about tournament wins at the school he left. What's the point of that statement other than to find flaws in the coach? Don't have a dog in the fight but just kind of odd tiger would bring that up out of nowhere

Informant

Wins are wins no matter where you get them.  Tournament wins carry just a little more significant value just because they are in a tournament.  Every game matters, however, every game whether in a small county tournament or a rival conference clash should prepare them for postseason.  Ultimately its the rings that matter.  No one really cares in 30 years if you won the Dunder Mifflin Shootout.  Going 32-3 winning every tournament you're in and losing in the first round of state isn't nearly as good as going 20-15 and winning state tournament. 

ballmember

You would think if at a 4a school you would care less what went on at 1 a.  Bigtig on the prowl.    Small schools do create the most interest and passion.    ICC will have a good shot at winning state they have recruited the best.  I have nothing against them.  Guy won a lot of state tourneys, they recruit extremely well.  so did Bay.  That is the path to winning unfortunately.  Don't start them in elementary, jr high and high school.  Get those real good guards in 10th 11th or 12th grade  .   Guy had the best guards that is why they won.   ICC couldn't run with them shouldn't have tried but their choice.    Most schools will never win state, but how about starting your year out and improving throughout the year with the talent level you have at your school.  Most places that aint gonna happen.  Times change.  Just like the referees many cant stand for fans to say anything, quick to pull the trigger.  The best officiating I have seen is in AAU, now keep calm.
The best coaches are in the stands and most schools they run things. And it aint good if junior don't get themost points and minutes !!!    Coaches have no backing at most schools.  It is a country of weenies !!!

SackAttack

Quote from: ballmember on April 23, 2018, 11:38:33 am
You would think if at a 4a school you would care less what went on at 1 a.  Bigtig on the prowl.    Small schools do create the most interest and passion.    ICC will have a good shot at winning state they have recruited the best.  I have nothing against them.  Guy won a lot of state tourneys, they recruit extremely well.  so did Bay.  That is the path to winning unfortunately.  Don't start them in elementary, jr high and high school.  Get those real good guards in 10th 11th or 12th grade  .   Guy had the best guards that is why they won.   ICC couldn't run with them shouldn't have tried but their choice.    Most schools will never win state, but how about starting your year out and improving throughout the year with the talent level you have at your school.  Most places that aint gonna happen.  Times change.  Just like the referees many cant stand for fans to say anything, quick to pull the trigger.  The best officiating I have seen is in AAU, now keep calm.
The best coaches are in the stands and most schools they run things. And it aint good if junior don't get themost points and minutes !!!    Coaches have no backing at most schools.  It is a country of weenies !!!
Nice rant I'm impressed!!

NCcoach

I just want to see the openings.

PapaHog

I agree. Y'all can make another thread to complain about popcorn coaches and bad administration

Brucewayne

Any word on possible candidates for LR Central now that they have their football coach hired?

w ballers

Brucewayne

Hef

TheGovernor

Rose Bud Boys is open as of today. You can add that to the list of openings..Coach Prothro has accepted a job as an agent for Farm Bureau, he will be missed at the bud of the rose

TheGovernor

Guiden to Guy makes sense but doesn't make sense.

Brucewayne

Caddo boys are open......Where is Johnny Basketball headed to this time?  Star City?  or a return to Rosebud?

BigOleSax

Quote from: Informant on April 23, 2018, 11:19:17 am
Wins are wins no matter where you get them.  Tournament wins carry just a little more significant value just because they are in a tournament.  Every game matters, however, every game whether in a small county tournament or a rival conference clash should prepare them for postseason.  Ultimately its the rings that matter.  No one really cares in 30 years if you won the Dunder Mifflin Shootout.  Going 32-3 winning every tournament you're in and losing in the first round of state isn't nearly as good as going 20-15 and winning state tournament.

Nice Office Reference!

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Brucewayne on April 26, 2018, 11:39:54 am
Caddo boys are open......Where is Johnny Basketball headed to this time?  Star City?  or a return to Rosebud?

Had heard Star City last week, but honestly who knows with JT

NEABallftw

Star City, they said that earlier in the thread

Quote from: Brucewayne on April 26, 2018, 11:39:54 am

NEABallftw

In the words of Teas "He's comin home"
Quote from: TheGovernor on April 25, 2018, 07:29:33 pm
Guiden to Guy makes sense but doesn't make sense.

whatshisname

Har-Ber girls? Interviews yet?

Eagle20

April 26, 2018, 05:31:00 pm #225 Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:20:42 pm by Eagle20
interesting changes coming.

Informant

Brookland Jr. Boys is now open.  Coach Weaver informed folks today. 

BigOleSax

Quote from: LeftyWorld on April 26, 2018, 12:11:57 pm
Had heard Star City last week, but honestly who knows with JT

Johnny Basketball to the Star City bulldogs it's official. Welcome to southeastern Arkansas JT.

basketballcoach15

Does anyone have the up to date list of coaching vacancies and fillings?

Informant

How many schools has he worked for?

Weiner, Rose Bud, Siloam Springs, Pangburn, Highland, Valley Springs, Caddo Hills, Star City.... am I missing any?

w ballers

Baptist prep boys Ross going to lr. central

4real

Quote from: Informant on April 27, 2018, 09:58:06 am
How many schools has he worked for?

Weiner, Rose Bud, Siloam Springs, Pangburn, Highland, Valley Springs, Caddo Hills, Star City.... am I missing any?
worked at rose bud twice.  was jr high coach before going to wiener,then returned to rose bud sr boys

LeftyWorld

w ballers

yes ross leaving baptist prep for LR Central wow

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Informant on April 26, 2018, 07:30:46 pm
Brookland Jr. Boys is now open.  Coach Weaver informed folks today.

Coach Bill Taylor  still there? 

Peaches101

April 27, 2018, 11:15:31 am #235 Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:17:26 am by Peaches101
Quote from: Hef on April 25, 2018, 02:28:14 pm
New girl's coach at Guy Perkins.

Are you sure Guiden went to GUY? Heard she was the new coach at Wynne.

iRebound

The Guiden going to Guy-Perkins was coaching Dewitt Boys last year. He apparently played for Hutch at one time. Used to be his jr. boys coach. All from what i heard.

DQLeopard

Heard the DeQueen girls job has been filled.  He/She will have some good girls to work with. 

cotton hog

Manila Sr Girls can be added to the list. Curious to see who might be applying for that one.

NEABallftw

Does Baptist Prep have a replacement in the wings for Ross? If so will they be able to convince McBride to stay?

cellucor

Quote from: Peaches101 on April 27, 2018, 11:15:31 am
Are you sure Guiden went to GUY? Heard she was the new coach at Wynne.

Coach Guiden is at WYNNE.......for sure talked to her myself

Brucewayne

I believe that there are two coach Guiden's.  One that was the head at Dewitt and one who was the head of Oseola.

dalemurphy

April 30, 2018, 12:30:07 pm #242 Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:33:02 pm by dalemurphy
Any word on Trumann boys, Piggott boys, and Manila girls coaching hires?
Heard Piggott has hired, but nobody has released the name.  Heard it might be big time hire. 
Is Brannan for sure at Trumann?  Haven't heard a word about Manila, but of the 3, Manila girls would be the most attractive job I would think.

Nacho

Is Arkadelphia girl's coach still open? I saw it listed in the local paper but haven't heard anything on it.

PapaHog

I was told from their coach last year that he was hired on a one year agreement and then they were bringing back ole guy that keeps getting all the DWI's. Don't know if that's the truth, but that was coming from the guy that coached them last year.

Googlymoogly

Add Valley Springs girls to the list.
I've heard Kimberly Jenkins is leaving and taking the Springdale Har-Ber job

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Googlymoogly on May 01, 2018, 02:11:57 pm
Add Valley Springs girls to the list.
I've heard Kimberly Jenkins is leaving and taking the Springdale Har-Ber job

I just confirmed this.  It is true.

bluegrassboy75

dalemurphy

jumpballer

May 02, 2018, 11:42:05 am #249 Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:43:36 am by jumpballer
 Omaha's coach went to Hollister Missouri.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas