• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 District Tournament at Carlisle

Started by NEark tigers, February 06, 2018, 01:31:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on February 11, 2018, 12:13:26 pm
who was it not doubting you just wondering and I'm sure it come out of the old northeast conference!

Hector girls last year finished 4th in region(got a really really good draw in state lol)....And Bay boys in 1a finished 4th in region won state in like 2012..

Idk when they went to 4 teams from region...but I know in 2002 Hector boys lost to poyen in region finals and state finals, and only two teams went from each region then...

Ctucker

I went back to 2011 looks like they only had 8 in tourney so I guess it changed in 2012 only 2 I seen was EPC was a 3 seed and Marktree was a 4 seed and they got runner up didn't see we're anybody won it but it didn't show seeds a couple of years so I guess only northeast should have four! But they won most of the state championships too all of back to 2011 besides the one England won!

Ice Water

2011 had 16 teams.

The 2006-2007 season was the first in which 2A took 4 teams from each region. There were 4 regions from that season until last season when it was inexplicably reduced to 3 regions. Next season will return to the 4x4 format. Prior to the 2006-2007 season, there were 8 regions that qualified 2 teams for state.

I believe there was a time that only 8 teams qualified for state, but you have to go way way back, and it may have only been larger classifications.

Ctucker

Ice Water

Quote from: Ctucker on February 11, 2018, 12:37:39 pm
Max prep only shows 8

MaxPreps is incomplete for some reason. Check out the AAA Year in Review book for round of 16 results. http://www.ahsaa.org/public/docs/review1011A.pdf

Ctucker

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ice Water on February 11, 2018, 12:41:27 pm
MaxPreps is incomplete for some reason. Check out the AAA Year in Review book for round of 16 results. http://www.ahsaa.org/public/docs/review1011A.pdf

Out of curious to and to lazy to look myself.....how far back are those year in reviews available for?

Ice Water

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 11, 2018, 12:49:37 pm
Out of curious to and to lazy to look myself.....how far back are those year in reviews available for?

06-07 is the earliest I've found. But the AAA archive page is also missing a few seasons between then and now. http://www.ahsaa.org/activity/46/archives

BoxNOne

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 11, 2018, 12:16:03 pm
Hector girls last year finished 4th in region(got a really really good draw in state lol)....And Bay boys in 1a finished 4th in region won state in like 2012..

Idk when they went to 4 teams from region...but I know in 2002 Hector boys lost to poyen in region finals and state finals, and only two teams went from each region then...

HF, I believe the Bay example was 2011 and they finished 3rd in region. They won 3rd place game by 3-4 points. That year there were 5 regions. Four regions sent three teams and one sent four to make 16 teams. On the other side of the coin, back in the days of only two teams per region going I have seen more than one possible state champion get beat in the regional semifinals and not even make state.

Bildo

February 11, 2018, 04:19:04 pm #59 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:55:23 am by Bildo
Monday
Girls (2N) DA vs (5S) PW at 4                          Winner plays the winner of Hazen /Augusta Thursday at 4
Boys (2N) Augusta vs (5S) Hazen at 5:30         Winner plays the winner of Carlisle/Cross County Thursday at 5:30
Girls (2S) Brinkley vs (5N) Cross County at 7    Winner plays the winner of McCrory/Clarendon Thursday at 7
Boys (2S) Brinkley vs (5N) DA at 8:30              Winner plays the winner of McCrory/PW Thursday at 8:30

Tuesday
Girls (3S) Hazen vs (4N) Augusta at 4               
Boys (3S) Carlisle vs (4S) Cross County at 5:30
Girls (3N) McCrory vs (4S) Clarendon at 7
Boys (3N) McCrory vs (4S) PW at 8:30

No games Wednesday

Thursday
Listed Above

Friday the  1 Seeds Play.
Carlisle Girls at 4
Clarendon Boys at 5:30
Earle Girls at 7
Earle Boys at 8:30

Saturday
3rd place Girls at 4
3rd place Boys at 5:30
1st place Girls at 7
1st place Boys at 8:30

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 11, 2018, 01:55:43 pm
HF, I believe the Bay example was 2011 and they finished 3rd in region. They won 3rd place game by 3-4 points. That year there were 5 regions. Four regions sent three teams and one sent four to make 16 teams. On the other side of the coin, back in the days of only two teams per region going I have seen more than one possible state champion get beat in the regional semifinals and not even make state.

So they were still lowest seed to get in out of their region.

I mean....I understand the griping these old timers get upset about these things.... But to simply say only 2 teams should get in is nuts...because to put it simply some regions don't deserve to have 1 based on strength and others could make an argument for having half the field

Ice Water

If I had it my way, we would just do away with regional tournaments all together. I like the opportunity for 4 teams from one area to make the state tournament, but much of the significance of the regional tournament was lost when qualification went from 2 to 4. Now half of the games played serve simply to seed for state which is a crapshoot anyway with a rotating bracket draw.

Mr. Trill

Looks like I'll be making 2 trips to Carlisle. Earle and Clarendon would be interesting

BigLion10

MomaLion

If both teams take care of business Friday night, they will meet up on Saturday at 830.

MomaLion

Quote from: Bildo on February 11, 2018, 04:19:04 pm
Monday
Girls (2N) DA vs (5S) PW at 4                          Winner plays the winner of Hazen /Augusta Thursday at 4
Boys (2N) Augusta vs (5S) Hazen at 5:30         Winner plays the winner of Carlisle/Cross County Thursday at 5:30
Girls (2S) Brinkley vs (5N) Cross County at 7    Winner plays the winner of McCrory/Clarendon Thursday at 7
Boys (2S) Brinkley vs (5N) DA at 8:30              Winner plays the winner of McCrory/PW Thursday at 8:30

Tuesday
Girls (3S) Hazen vs (4N) Augusta at 4               
Boys (3S) Carlisle vs (4S) Cross County at 5:30
Girls (3N) McCrory vs (4S) Clarendon at 7
Boys (3N) McCrory vs (4S) PW at 8:30

No games Wednesday

Thursday
Listed Above

Friday the  1 Seeds Play.
Carlisle Girls at 4
Clarendon Boys at 7
Earle Girls at 7
Earle Boys at 8:30

Saturday
3rd place Girls at 4
3rd place Boys at 5:30
1st place Girls at 7
1st place Boys at 8:30
Clarendon's Friday game is at 530

Bildo

Quote from: MomaLion on February 12, 2018, 12:43:36 am
Clarendon's Friday game is at 530
Thanks.  I corrected the original message

Ctucker

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 11, 2018, 08:32:33 pm
So they were still lowest seed to get in out of their region.

I mean....I understand the griping these old timers get upset about these things.... But to simply say only 2 teams should get in is nuts...because to put it simply some regions don't deserve to have 1 based on strength and others could make an argument for having half the field
after doing research I agree with 4 from region but it's really only north region in boys that would have been affected actually just 1 conference.

MomaLion

Quote from: Bildo on February 12, 2018, 07:57:28 am
Thanks.  I corrected the original message
Thanks for the info... Will you be posting scores tonight? I won't get to be there and we don't play until tomorrow.

Bildo

I can... I will post finals only though.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on February 12, 2018, 09:52:14 am
I can... I will post finals only though.

I will be there tonight as well. May even do some Facebook live in the 42 sports page

Bildo

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on February 12, 2018, 11:54:48 am
Ok Pick.... post the if you want

Don't let me stop you from posting as well. Not sure what time I will get there.

Bildo

Mr. Trill

I WIll post fridays games quarter by quarter beginning with Clarendon. Possibly Saturday if I attend

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Bildo

Thanks Pick... I was there but very busy

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on February 12, 2018, 10:16:19 pm
Thanks Pick... I was there but very busy

No problem! I will not be there Tuesday night,  but plan on being back Thursday.

MomaLion

Quote from: Mr. Trill on February 12, 2018, 01:28:01 pm
I WIll post fridays games quarter by quarter beginning with Clarendon. Possibly Saturday if I attend
I can post Tuesdays games

Bildo

MomaLion

I won't be there for the first game but definitely before the end of the 2nd.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

MomaLion

MomaLion

MomaLion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on February 13, 2018, 07:40:17 pm
Halftime
Clarendon 27
McCrory 25
Girls

Is this gonna be the first good game of the tournament?

MomaLion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

MomaLion

MomaLion

MomaLion

Sorry, I had to leave with under a minute left...McCrory was ahead by a handful of points.

Bildo

MomaLion

Lions84

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Girls 2nd round

Des Arc 45

Augusta 39

FINAL

MomaLion

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas