• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norfork at Pangburn

Started by BasketballNeverStops, January 30, 2018, 04:52:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

BNS reporting live from Tiger Arena. First time seeing both Norfork teams play.

BannerMountainMan

Norfork Girls by 18, but the Norfork Boys got a chance for an upset

Ctucker

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Ctucker on January 30, 2018, 05:52:20 pm
How would that be a upset!
Norfork boys are 6-20 but are on the rise and pangburn is above .500

Ctucker

Oh ok didn't know that! I know Pangburn is not very good!

BasketballNeverStops

End of 1st Quarter
Sr. Girls
Norfork-28
Pangburn-11
Norfork drilled 3 straight threes right out of the gate. Pangburn is committing a lot of turnovers. I really like the Dodson girl. She had 12 in the first quarter and 11 straight points and serves as the spark plug for this team.

BasketballNeverStops

Halftime
Norfork-43
Pangburn-23

Bomberman

BasketballNeverStops

Final
Norfork-69 (32-1)
Pangburn-38 (27-4)
Dodson pumped in a game high 29. Norfork controlled the game from start to finish and played one of the most complete games I have seen a team play this year. Their three bigs are hard to stop and the guards can stroke it. Team hit 11 trifectas in total.

BasketballNeverStops

End of 1st Quarter
Norfork-20
Pangburn-17

BasketballNeverStops

Halftime
Pangburn-39
Norfork-35

Bears_94

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on January 30, 2018, 07:19:39 pm
Final
Norfork-69 (32-1)
Pangburn-38 (27-4)
Dodson pumped in a game high 29. Norfork controlled the game from start to finish and played one of the most complete games I have seen a team play this year. Their three bigs are hard to stop and the guards can stroke it. Team hit 11 trifectas in total.
I can't wait to see the Lady Bears play Norfork Thursday . Upset alert!

BasketballNeverStops

End of 3rd Quarter
Pangburn-51
Norfork-51

BasketballNeverStops

Final
Norfork-72 (7-20)
Pangburn-69 (15-15)

Pangburn missed three in corner to tie game after Norfork missed two free throws that would've put the game away.

Tigger

Quote from: Ctucker on January 30, 2018, 06:10:03 pm
Oh ok didn't know that! I know Pangburn is not very good!
What's your definition of good.  They have 15 wins, that's more wins then 31 of the teams in 2A.  Not saying they will win state, but they are a good group of boys that play hard every night and 8 of their losses have been by 10 points or less.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Tigger on January 30, 2018, 11:07:15 pm
What's your definition of good.  They have 15 wins, that's more wins then 31 of the teams in 2A.  Not saying they will win state, but they are a good group of boys that play hard every night and 8 of their losses have been by 10 points or less.
they are in a conf where they play Timbo, RS, Westside twice

FromTheBench

Quote from: Tigger on January 30, 2018, 11:07:15 pm

Don't forget that Pangburn does not have football and they start their season pretty much a month before 2A schools with football are allowed to, so there is one reason why they have more or as many wins as some schools in 2A. Every good or decent team they've played they have lost to this year. They have a few good wins, but losing to Conway Christian and then Norfork on their home floor are not show stopping performances.

Flobbito

January 31, 2018, 07:41:44 am #17 Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 07:46:33 am by Flobbito
Quote from: rebelfan on January 31, 2018, 12:38:13 am
Pangburn must be good if they have only lost four games. I don't know about teams across the state but the way Norfork is blowing teams out by sometimes as much as 70 points, they should win the state, but there may be other teams in the state that are just as good. All I know about is this area.

1A girls is probably going to come down to Norfork, Wonderview, and Bay.  Norfork won at Wonderview by 1 in overtime earlier this year, so they probably have a bit of an edge in that matchup, Wonderview is a tough place to play.  Bay has more losses than either team, but they have all been to higher classifications... and once to Norfork at Norfork, but I don't think you can count them out.

Ctucker

Quote from: FromTheBench on January 31, 2018, 07:35:46 am
Don't forget that Pangburn does not have football and they start their season pretty much a month before 2A schools with football are allowed to, so there is one reason why they have more or as many wins as some schools in 2A. Every good or decent team they've played they have lost to this year. They have a few good wins, but losing to Conway Christian and then Norfork on their home floor are not show stopping performances.
Not losing to bad teams at home!

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on January 31, 2018, 07:41:44 am
1A girls is probably going to come down to Norfork, Wonderview, and Bay.  Norfork won at Wonderview by 1 in overtime earlier this year, so they probably have a bit of an edge in that matchup, Wonderview is a tough place to play.  Bay has more losses than either team, but they have all been to higher classifications... and once to Norfork at Norfork, but I don't think you can count them out.
Don't count out MVE either.. may see the same final four we saw last year.

J.D.

Quote from: Flobbito on January 31, 2018, 07:41:44 am

Whitlee Layne ain't walking through those doors for Bay anymore. Still some talent on that team but I'll be seriously impressed if Bay can find their way back to Hot Springs without her.

BasketballNeverStops

Didn't realize this until about an hour ago, but I got to witness Dodson score her 2,000th point last night. Congrats to her! She's a one of a kind player!

Bears_94

Quote from: J.D. on January 31, 2018, 11:17:10 am
Whitlee Layne ain't walking through those doors for Bay anymore. Still some talent on that team but I'll be seriously impressed if Bay can find their way back to Hot Springs without her.
That is right! She is at Mammoth and they have improved . Playing as a team. Wonderview tends to get lazy out there. Maybe Norfork will be in finals I don't know but I have watched them play five times this year and the seniors are ball hogs. They have  5 girls on the floor and won't pass. I watched one of the all stars of their team dribble right into girls and then tirn the ball over instead of passing it to their other post players. Mammoth has ironed out their wrinkles. They are coming to play.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bears_94 on January 31, 2018, 12:05:47 pm
That is right! She is at Mammoth and they have improved . Playing as a team. Wonderview tends to get lazy out there. Maybe Norfork will be in finals I don't know but I have watched them play five times this year and the seniors are ball hogs. They have  5 girls on the floor and won't pass. I watched one of the all stars of their team dribble right into girls and then tirn the ball over instead of passing it to their other post players. Mammoth has ironed out their wrinkles. They are coming to play.

Weird that they didn't play that way in the two games I watched....@wonderview and finals of NAC...some coaching calls were questionable tho

J.D.

January 31, 2018, 12:21:57 pm #24 Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:25:34 pm by J.D.

G'luck with that bud.  I don't think trying the whole 'poke the bear' approach to this game is the path you wanna choose.

Moonshiner

You've made 5 posts since making an account on Fearless, and all 5 posts have been anti Norfork/pro Mammoth.   Pretty easy to see what you're trying to do.
Both teams are pretty salty.  Should be a good game.  Guess someone can keep assist stats for both teams if they want, but most of us just wanna know who wins..

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 30, 2018, 05:04:14 pm
Norfork Girls by 18, but the Norfork Boys got a chance for an upset
Wow BMM you should get a pat on the back.

Flobbito

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 31, 2018, 08:47:28 am
Don't count out MVE either.. may see the same final four we saw last year.

I think MVE out performs their talent, a team like that could make a run, but they have losses at Bay and to Wonderview twice. I'm sure Norfork would beat them too, that's why I went with the ones I did. Ultimately, though I think it will be between Norfork and Wonderview; if they can wind up on opposite sides of the bracket this year.

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on January 31, 2018, 12:59:57 pm
I think MVE out performs their talent, a team like that could make a run, but they have losses at Bay and to Wonderview twice. I'm sure Norfork would beat them too, that's why I went with the ones I did. Ultimately, though I think it will be between Norfork and Wonderview; if they can wind up on opposite sides of the bracket this year.
And I hope they do! Because that is a championship game that will e fun to watch. I also could see Mammoth making it to the last 4. It would be pretty cool to see mammoth play Bay in the final four or just in the state tournament.

Flobbito

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 31, 2018, 01:05:17 pm
And I hope they do! Because that is a championship game that will e fun to watch. I also could see Mammoth making it to the last 4. It would be pretty cool to see mammoth play Bay in the final four or just in the state tournament.

Did I understand the comment right that Mammoth has a girl on their team this year that played for Bay last year?  I'm sure that would be an entertaining game if that is the case.

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on January 31, 2018, 01:08:46 pm
Did I understand the comment right that Mammoth has a girl on their team this year that played for Bay last year?  I'm sure that would be an entertaining game if that is the case.
Yes Mammoth does. The Layne girl and undoubtedly their best player in the tournament last year. She won MVP as a sophomore and is a junior this year.

Bomberman

Quote from: Flobbito on January 31, 2018, 01:08:46 pm
If I were betting I would say they have a good chance to meet in the regionals.

Bomberman

Hard to tell if you are serious or not but I can assure you it never looks like anyone is a ballhog out there for Norfork.  I have watched a bunch of there games the last few years and it doesn't seem like they care who is the leading scorer. They play 8 in the normal rotation and without the benefit of having game stats in front of me I would say they have had 6 different leading scorers in those games.  I would say they are very well balanced.

SackAttack

Quote from: Flobbito on January 31, 2018, 12:59:57 pm
Ole history says that is a very very high likelihood!

noties

I watched Jasper mop the floor with Mammoth and Layne had 32 of their 50 points - you're really still pushing the "Norfork is so selfish" agenda? I've watched Norfork play several games and I would bet they had a different leading scorer in each one. That's why they are so hard to beat - if you stop one hot hand, there are three more lined up to finish the job.

Moonshiner

That person disappeared evidently.
Probably a momma trying to stir up trouble.

Bomberman

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 31, 2018, 11:15:14 pm
That person disappeared evidently.
Probably a momma trying to stir up trouble.
Hope they didn't waste their time making the trip to watch the upset.

eamo8911

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 31, 2018, 01:05:17 pm

They are in the same region. Depends on placement on the bracket.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas