• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Baseball 2018

Started by WPWells, January 02, 2018, 11:40:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Polls are starting to come out and every one of them has the Hogs in the top 5. I can't wait for the season!

OB11

I am by no means an Arkansas fan, but I do love some good baseball. Hope they have a great season and represent the state well. I'm ready for opening day.

beach bum

February 17, 2018, 08:33:25 pm #2 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 08:37:36 pm by beach bum
Honestly us playing Bucknell is a joke imo.... Go play real competition instead of playing "feel good" opponents. This team is good, but a team like Bucknell should never be on the schedule. Winning 32-4 is not going to be of any benefit when the 30 game SEC grind starts.

Ctucker

It's the first series ever team that will be in college World Series will play someone that is just as bad as Bucknell! This team will be one of the best we have ever had because of pitching staff and now we have a heck of a hitting coach!

beach bum

Beating someone 32-4 in baseball is classless in my opinion.... I have heard people saying "well they are predicted to win the Patriot League"..... Seriously this is not basketball and that would not even mean that much in basketball let alone baseball when the Patriot League is worse than some DII conferences in the south and west in baseball. Not a fan of our players acting like goons over walloping a pub team.

bdubyab60

Can't tell the guys not to swing. But yeah that's a heck of a beating and I wish they would have same some of those runs for later in the season lol

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: beach bum on February 18, 2018, 09:22:50 pm
Beating someone 32-4 in baseball is classless in my opinion.... I have heard people saying "well they are predicted to win the Patriot League"..... Seriously this is not basketball and that would not even mean that much in basketball let alone baseball when the Patriot League is worse than some DII conferences in the south and west in baseball. Not a fan of our players acting like goons over walloping a pub team.
That is not classless.  It's baseball.  Everybody was hitting.  You can't expect the kids to not hit the ball.  It would have been classless to purposely run into an out, or to strike out purposely.  That is Showing up an opponent. If they played only the starters, then you have a valid point.  But they played a lot of kids.  The opposition also started throwing lesser pitchers in order to salvage arms for Sunday's game. Almost paid off with a 3-1 game there.

BrianfromCarlisle

Ctucker

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 19, 2018, 11:13:33 am
That is not classless.  It's baseball.  Everybody was hitting.  You can't expect the kids to not hit the ball.  It would have been classless to purposely run into an out, or to strike out purposely.  That is Showing up an opponent. If they played only the starters, then you have a valid point.  But they played a lot of kids.  The opposition also started throwing lesser pitchers in order to salvage arms for Sunday's game. Almost paid off with a 3-1 game there.
You my friend are exactly right!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on February 17, 2018, 08:33:25 pm
Honestly us playing Bucknell is a joke imo.... Go play real competition instead of playing "feel good" opponents. This team is good, but a team like Bucknell should never be on the schedule. Winning 32-4 is not going to be of any benefit when the 30 game SEC grind starts.

Could be like Miss St, get swept to open the season and have your coach blind side the school with a sudden resignation....

OB11

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 20, 2018, 08:49:31 pm
Could be like Miss St, get swept to open the season and have your coach blind side the school with a sudden resignation....

I saw the initial announcement so not a lot of info then about why. But there has to be a lot going on for that to happen right as the season starts. Anyone know what happened?

WPWells

OB11

Apparently it was an on going thing that quite a few people knew about. Was told to end it and never did. Crazy world we live in.

bulldoghistorian

Love Razorback baseball! I think this team is going to be really, really good! I really believe they have what it takes to compete for an SEC title, and get back to Omaha! The question will be, will we live up to all of the hype? I know it's early, but just by judging the other SEC teams, SEC play will be tough as expected!! No off weeks!!

BrianfromCarlisle

Congratulations to SEC Freshman of the Week Casey Martin from Lonoke.

bulldoghistorian

Do to the possibility of thunderstorms in Fayetteville Saturday, Arkansas and Kent State will play a doubleheader tomorrow beginning at 3. Game 2 will begin 30 minutes after game 1. Game 3 of the series is still Sunday.

bulldoghistorian

Arkansas 2
Kent State 1
Top 3rd
Grant Koch with a 2 run job to give the Hogs the lead.
18th Long ball of the season for the Hogs!

bulldoghistorian

Arkansas 7
Kent State 1
Top 6th

bulldoghistorian

Kent State gets a run on a 2 out single in the top of the 8th but that's all.

bulldoghistorian

Arkansas 7
Kent State 2
Final
3 homeruns for the Hogs in game 1, bringing their total to 20 for the year!
Game 2 coming up!

bulldoghistorian

Kent State splits the series, winning game 2 10-4. The series will be decided Sunday.

bulldoghistorian

We just went back to back to back!!! We lead Kent State 7-4 bottom 7th!!

bulldoghistorian

Jordan McFarland grand slam!!!
Arkansas 11
Kent State 4
Bottom 8th!!!

bdubyab60

Diamond Hogs starting of the season well. The SEC will be brutal this year. Lots of highly ranked teams

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 11, 2018, 04:10:07 pm
Diamond Hogs starting of the season well. The SEC will be brutal this year. Lots of highly ranked teams
Yes! Kentucky will test us to start conf play next weekend!

bulldoghistorian

Final
Arkansas 11
Kent State 4
Hogs improve to 11-4 on the season!
24 homeruns hit for the season, to just 2 for our opponents!!
Up next a 2 game series vs Texas!
Game 1: Tuesday night at 7 on SEC Network!
Game 2: Wednesday at 4!

bulldoghistorian

Nothing for Texas in the top of the 1st!
Hogs to the plate bottom 1st!

bulldoghistorian

Hogs go 1 2 3 in the home half.

bulldoghistorian

We strand a runner at 3rd in the 2nd.
Still scoreless after 2.

bulldoghistorian

Hogs bat around in the 3rd!!
7 runs, 4 hits, a few walks, and 2 Texas errors!!

bulldoghistorian

Texas gets 1 back on a solo shot, but that's it.
Arkansas 7
Texas 1
Bottom 4th.

bulldoghistorian

Another homerun for the Horns, but that's all.
Arkansas 7
Texas 2
Bottom 5th.

bulldoghistorian

Jordan McFarland with a single to score Koch! McFarland's 4th rbi of the night.
Arkansas 8
Texas 2
1 out bottom 5th.

bulldoghistorian

Casey Martin with a 3 run shot off the foul pole!!!
Arkansas 11
Texas 2
End of the 5th!!

bulldoghistorian

Cole 2 run double!! It's 13-4 bottom 7th!

bulldoghistorian

Final
Arkansas 13
Texas 4
Game 2 tomorrow at 4 on SEC N Plus.

WPWells

bulldoghistorian

Texas scores 2 in the top of the 1st on no hits.

bulldoghistorian

Nothing for the Hogs in the home half.

bulldoghistorian

Casey Martin with a long ball to cut the Texas lead in half in the bottom of the 2nd, then the Horns go 1 2 3 in the 3rd!
Texas 2
Arkansas 1
Bottom 3rd

bulldoghistorian

Hogs sweep the Horns!!!
Final
Arkansas 7
Texas 5
Hogs vs Kentucky this weekend!!
Let SEC play begin!!

bulldoghistorian

Can't think of a better way to start off conf play than what we've got tonight! A top 5 matchup against UK! Has the feel of an early regional/super regional series to it! Baum should be rocking all weekend!

WPWells

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: WPWells on March 16, 2018, 12:13:33 pm
I'll be there!
Wish I was! I'll be at the South Carolina series next month though!

bulldoghistorian

A portion of tonight's game can be seen on SEC Network as part of their bases loaded coverage, which they do for the opening night of conference play.
The game tonight, as well as tomorrow and Sunday can be seen in their entirety on SEC Network Plus!

bulldoghistorian

On the 1st pitch of the game, Cole robs UK's Troy Squires of a homerun!!!

bulldoghistorian

Cole!!!
He robbed UK of a long ball in the top half, and now just hit one in the home half!!!

bulldoghistorian

Fletcher with a 2 out double to score Bonfield, then McFarland with another rbi!!!

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

UK gets a solo shot, but that's all for Big Blue.
Arkansas 3
UK 1
Bottom 2nd

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas