• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MIDSEASON RECAP. TOP TEAMS AND PLAYERS

Started by Bbal789, January 01, 2018, 02:30:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: SportsDad on January 05, 2018, 10:16:10 am
yes... the nephew of the coach... solid guard, decent shooter... 10th grade

Gotcha. Thanks.

iRebound

That will make an already good Warren team better. A lot of good boys basketball down in the south east. The 8-4a conference is looking tough. The 2-4a conference has some good teams. There are some obvious favorites from last years state tournament teams.

Side Note: I watched a game the other night where the refs called 3-4 hand checking calls 50 feet from the basket. But, they missed some obvious over the back calls right next to the basket. One of which was an obvious push in the back. Whew! I know hand checking was a point of emphasis, but lets not forget to ref the rest of the game. Haha ok, rant over.

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: STUNNA on January 04, 2018, 03:34:45 pm
Guess they had some guys that were not allowed to play due to missing practice over the Christmas break.
Even if that is the case, Drew Central winning with Warren's football players present makes a bigger statement than the win from December.

AirWarren

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on January 05, 2018, 11:21:12 am
Even if that is the case, Drew Central winning with Warren's football players present makes a bigger statement than the win from December.

Drew Central has traditionally beaten Warren in basketball. And has traditionally been a better basketball school than most teams in SEARK.

That is no "statement" and should not be treated as such.

Bbal789

Southside Batesville beats Cedar Ridge 62-32
Jonesboro Westside beats Rivercrest 60-36
Nashville beats Genoa Central 64-30
Warren beats Lakeside 87-60

HorseFeathers

Quote from: iRebound on January 05, 2018, 11:12:19 am
That will make an already good Warren team better. A lot of good boys basketball down in the south east. The 8-4a conference is looking tough. The 2-4a conference has some good teams. There are some obvious favorites from last years state tournament teams.

Side Note: I watched a game the other night where the refs called 3-4 hand checking calls 50 feet from the basket. But, they missed some obvious over the back calls right next to the basket. One of which was an obvious push in the back. Whew! I know hand checking was a point of emphasis, but lets not forget to ref the rest of the game. Haha ok, rant over.

Should probably check out a rule book....over the back is nowhere to be found.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: beach bum on January 02, 2018, 05:00:54 pm
SS Batesville #1 .... Isn't this what we heard about the football team at the beginning of October  ::) .... Same story in basketball. Yawn.... #1 on January 1st but #11 on March 1st for the basketball team.
Your constant banter against the Southerners is ridiculous. I truly dont understand it. Your hate does nothing but fuel these kids fire though so keep it up. We'll keep winning, you keep hating.

Donnie Jamon

Braden Smith of Brookland is arguably better than half that list lol

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on January 06, 2018, 12:04:49 pm
Braden Smith of Brookland is arguably better than half that list lol

I believe you are correct, he is probably Brookland's most improved player for this year, can post up or hit the trey

Bbal789

January 06, 2018, 12:58:02 pm #59 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 01:03:47 pm by Bbal789
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 06, 2018, 12:19:57 pm
I believe you are correct, he is probably Brookland's most improved player for this year, can post up or hit the trey

Will definitely keep an eye out for him. Haven't seen Brookland play this year but I've heard a lot about Braxton Haff. There are a lot of players that I possibly overlooked not on purpose. There are so many players to remember still. Jacob Profit from ESTEM, Tim Johnson from Stuttgart, DJ Russel from Dumas, Keean Strode from Brookland, Kobe Rose from Pea Ridge, Tyler Duvall from Pottsville, Kaiden Hunter from Ashdown, and now Braden Smith from Brookland. I just made the list so that people would have an idea of what players were out there and also I could hear back about other players that I didn't mention.

NEA Razorback olfan

January 06, 2018, 01:02:28 pm #60 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 01:04:38 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Bbal789 on January 06, 2018, 12:58:02 pm
Will definitely keep an eye out for him. Haven't seen Brookland play this year but I've heard a lot about Braxton Haff. There are a lot of players that I possibly overlooked not on purpose. There are so many players to remember still. Jacob Profit from ESTEM, Tim Johnson from Stuttgart, DJ Russel from Dumas, Keean Strode from Brookland, Kobe Rose from Pea Ridge, Tyler Duvall from Pottsville, and now Braden Smith from Brookland. I just made the list so that people would have an idea of what players were out there and also I could hear back about other players that I didn't mention.

Thanks for taking your time and putting this list together!!
Braxton and Braden are both Jr

Bbal789

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 06, 2018, 01:02:28 pm
Thanks for taking your time and putting this list together

Your welcome. I try to do my research on these players the best I can. 4a in my opinion is pretty underrated throughout the state

BirdCall

David Walker from Stuttgart had 32 points on Marianna in 3 quarters with the W in last night game. Putting up numbers.

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on January 06, 2018, 09:30:38 pm
David Walker from Stuttgart had 32 points on Marianna in 3 quarters with the W in last night game. Putting up numbers.

Looks like he is out to wake some people up. Basketball players in 4a are underrated. Stuttgart still only has one loss on the season.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SouthernerPride on January 06, 2018, 10:38:32 am
Your constant banter against the Southerners is ridiculous. I truly dont understand it. Your hate does nothing but fuel these kids fire though so keep it up. We'll keep winning, you keep hating.

The kids get fired up from reading message board posts? That seems strange to me...why do they need motivation?

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 08, 2018, 11:10:02 am
The kids get fired up from reading message board posts? That seems strange to me...why do they need motivation?
If you need motivation from FF then you need to just hang it up.

Bbal789

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 08, 2018, 11:10:02 am

Im pretty sure thats not what he meant

JessieP

Quote from: SouthernerPride on January 06, 2018, 10:38:32 am

The boys need a message board for motivation? That's bizarre! Maybe the fake Coach (the one who sits on the bench) and the real Coach need to work a little harder at keeping the team focused. What if someone from another team wrote something negative about the team on a bathroom wall? Would they be overcome with grief? Would the trauma of negativity sink the season? I had no idea they were so fragile, poor little Southerners.

SouthernerPride

You guys took my post way too literal. The kids could care less what you or I or anyone else says about them on here. They DO know many people share the same opinions that some of you here have stated above. It's the idea in itself.

Bbal789

Quote from: SouthernerPride on January 09, 2018, 09:36:48 pm
You guys took my post way too literal. The kids could care less what you or I or anyone else says about them on here. They DO know many people share the same opinions that some of you here have stated above. It's the idea in itself.

I agree with @SouthernerPride y'all give Southside Batesville a lot of crap just for being good at basketball. They are a team on a mission this year though. Playing with a chip on their shoulder because they let one game get away from them last year at the worst time and everyone defines them for that. They still only had 3 losses last year starting mostly sophomores

Bbal789

Stuttgart boys beat Dewitt 78-34. Stuttgart moves to 14-1 on the season.

Bbal789

Southside Batesville bounces back and beats a good 3a team Harding Academy 49-37.

Bbal789

Brookland beats Riverside 60-37
Westside beats Manila 64-52
Warren beats Junction City 75-59

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on January 06, 2018, 09:30:38 pm

@BirdCall Do you know how many points per game David Walker is averaging on the season? Seems like he is consistently scoring in the 30 range

AirWarren

January 10, 2018, 10:37:07 am #74 Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:40:25 am by AirWarren
I think Warren beat JC last night. Girls and boys.

STUNNA

Bbal789

Seems like Southside Batesville and Baptist are off to a sluggish start to the second half of the season

Bbal789

Avery Felts of Jonesboro Westside scores 44 points in a OT win over Osceola.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on January 10, 2018, 10:37:07 am
I think Warren beat JC last night. Girls and boys.

The score thread says JC boys won 66-49?

LAfootball fan

Local news is reporting JC won.  Don't know why the discrepancy but I think the 4A score thread is correct.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Bbal789

Jonesboro Westside is the hottest team in 4a right now.

Bbal789

Stuttgart beat Star City 69-49 last night moving to 17-1 on the season. David Walker had 36 points 5 rebounds and 5 assists

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 24, 2018, 12:39:01 pm
we will see how hot they are if they match up with Stuttgart at regionals. The last time we played Westside in 2009 they had overrated Hunter Mickleson and we made him look like a baby out there.

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on January 24, 2018, 02:40:43 pm
we will see how hot they are if they match up with Stuttgart at regionals. The last time we played Westside in 2009 they had overrated Hunter Mickleson and we made him look like a baby out there.

Yea Stuttgart is real this year too. I think this year has the most teams that could go all the way that 4a has seen in a while

basketballguy28

Quote from: BirdCall on January 24, 2018, 02:40:43 pm
I do believe in 2009 Hunter Mickelson would have only been a sophomore. Westside also went on to win the state championship the next year. Mickelson also went on to play at Kansas and has been successful overseas. Highly doubtful Stuttgart made him look like a "baby". It will be interesting to see how this year plays out.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 24, 2018, 12:39:01 pm
You've typed that in almost every 4A basketball thread today, might should start adding it to the 4A Football threads as well, just so no one misses your point.

LRRandy

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on January 24, 2018, 10:56:32 pm
You've typed that in almost every 4A basketball thread today, might should start adding it to the 4A Football threads as well, just so no one misses your point.
he probably believes saying it often wil make it so.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on January 24, 2018, 11:04:12 pm
he probably believes saying it often wil make it so.

I try to put it in every message board so everyone can see it. Not everyone reads every single one. I pretty confident in them right now so yea Im going to keep saying it.

BirdCall

Quote from: basketballguy28 on January 24, 2018, 10:49:03 pm
I do believe in 2009 Hunter Mickelson would have only been a sophomore. Westside also went on to win the state championship the next year. Mickelson also went on to play at Kansas and has been successful overseas. Highly doubtful Stuttgart made him look like a "baby". It will be interesting to see how this year plays out.
Mickelson went to Kansas and did nothing at all was a waste of a scholarship and should have been a walk on. He played better and more on for Arkansas averaging 5 points a game both his years there then got to Kansas barely played and averaged 2 points a game. He is 6'10 and was on the roster of two good basketball programs so most D1 players it's not hard to go overseas my guy. He plays in Poland right now averaging 13 points a game and 6 rebounds and his team is last in the league at 1-18 so there not doing too hot at the moment. I am surprised he is getting those numbers so maybe Arkansas and Kansas were holding him back but I doubt it.

My question to you is what does him having to be sophomore do with him losing to us in 2009? He was already verbally committed to Arkansas and had numerous of offers even Coach Cal offered him but he also offered 2 others from the Arkansas Wings from the class of 2011 because they were unstoppable together. That year Stuttgart tallest player was 6'6 but he was a monster and went on to play football at a D2 as a wide receiver. Hunter couldn't post up on us he was simply too weak and only shot jumpers for him to be by far the tallest person on the court. We went right at him through him and around to see how tough he was and we figured out real fast he was all hype.

That's the past though if Stuttgart matches up with Westside this year I hope they are able to handle that Stuttgart lock down pressure defense. I doubt anyone on Westside can guard David Walker he is too big and too skilled. Then Tim Johnson is crazy athletic. We will lock your team up in all 5 positions easy. Avery not scoring 15 on Stuttgart unless we playing at Westside cause you know home cooking happens there.

NEA Razorback olfan

January 25, 2018, 09:47:56 am #91 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:57:41 am by NEA Razorback olfan
So Stuttgart is a lot more athletic than Osceola ?

I would be careful what you ask for, Westside will be the best shooting team you will probably see this year...as for locking them down Osceola and NLR  had a hard time doing that.
But hey , good luck

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on January 25, 2018, 01:10:26 am
Mickelson went to Kansas and did nothing at all was a waste of a scholarship and should have been a walk on. He played better and more on for Arkansas averaging 5 points a game both his years there then got to Kansas barely played and averaged 2 points a game. He is 6'10 and was on the roster of two good basketball programs so most D1 players it's not hard to go overseas my guy. He plays in Poland right now averaging 13 points a game and 6 rebounds and his team is last in the league at 1-18 so there not doing too hot at the moment. I am surprised he is getting those numbers so maybe Arkansas and Kansas were holding him back but I doubt it.

My question to you is what does him having to be sophomore do with him losing to us in 2009? He was already verbally committed to Arkansas and had numerous of offers even Coach Cal offered him but he also offered 2 others from the Arkansas Wings from the class of 2011 because they were unstoppable together. That year Stuttgart tallest player was 6'6 but he was a monster and went on to play football at a D2 as a wide receiver. Hunter couldn't post up on us he was simply too weak and only shot jumpers for him to be by far the tallest person on the court. We went right at him through him and around to see how tough he was and we figured out real fast he was all hype.

That's the past though if Stuttgart matches up with Westside this year I hope they are able to handle that Stuttgart lock down pressure defense. I doubt anyone on Westside can guard David Walker he is too big and too skilled. Then Tim Johnson is crazy athletic. We will lock your team up in all 5 positions easy. Avery not scoring 15 on Stuttgart unless we playing at Westside cause you know home cooking happens there.

thats kind of a bold statement considering no team has been able to stop Avery Felts this year

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 25, 2018, 10:00:08 am
thats kind of a bold statement considering no team has been able to stop Avery Felts this year
begs the question. Who have they played?

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on January 25, 2018, 10:28:51 am
begs the question. Who have they played?

They have had a pretty tough schedule this year which included a 7 point loss to North Little Rock, loss to Bartlett (TN), Southside Batesville, Nettleton. More teams have played lot harder competition this year so I think more teams will be prepared for the tournament. Jonesboro Westside, Batesville Southside, Brookland, Baptist, and ESTEM all had tough schedules this year.

RamblinRazorWreck

January 25, 2018, 02:26:29 pm #95 Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:52:21 am by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: Bbal789 on January 25, 2018, 12:57:22 pm
They have had a pretty tough schedule this year which included a 7 point loss to North Little Rock, loss to Bartlett (TN), Southside Batesville, Nettleton. More teams have played lot harder competition this year so I think more teams will be prepared for the tournament. Jonesboro Westside, Batesville Southside, Brookland, Baptist, and ESTEM all had tough schedules this year.

It seems to me that the Top Tier is:  Westside, Southside Batesville, Baptist, Pottsville, ESTEM and Stuttgart

Close behind are: Brookland, Pea Ridge, Ashdown, (& a healthy Bauxite squad if they get back in stride as a unit)

Ozark, Helena Central, Robinson, Warren, Subi, Berryville, Gravette & Malvern could also make some noise come Tournament time, but I would be surprised to see them knock off one of the top 6 named above in a neutral court Tournament game. 

BirdCall

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 25, 2018, 09:47:56 am
So Stuttgart is a lot more athletic than Osceola ?

I would be careful what you ask for, Westside will be the best shooting team you will probably see this year...as for locking them down Osceola and NLR  had a hard time doing that.
But hey , good luck
NLR was nowhere near full strength when you played them so stop bringing that close loss up please lol Collin Moore didn't play and Shawn Fudge wasn't playing either so two main players from the team that got runner up in 7A state didn't play basically you played a whole different team without two of their stars and still loss. Ok good for you.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BirdCall on January 25, 2018, 07:07:40 pm
NLR was nowhere near full strength when you played them so stop bringing that close loss up please lol Collin Moore didn't play and Shawn Fudge wasn't playing either so two main players from the team that got runner up in 7A state didn't play basically you played a whole different team without two of their stars and still loss. Ok good for you.

Who is you?

BirdCall

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 25, 2018, 07:51:41 pm
Who is you?
What does that matter? I am just stating facts that if NLR was full power that 7 point loss would have been 20+ loss. Then would you be saying we only loss to NLR by 35 all the other teams in the 4A aren't playing teams like we are lol

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BirdCall on January 25, 2018, 09:09:11 pm
What does that matter? I am just stating facts that if NLR was full power that 7 point loss would have been 20+ loss. Then would you be saying we only loss to NLR by 35 all the other teams in the 4A aren't playing teams like we are lol

Westside is not my team, but I have seen them play a few times

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas