• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 CFP Semi Final #2: Sugar Bowl #1 Clemson vs #4 Alabama

Started by sevenof400, December 28, 2017, 12:34:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

WPWells

LRRandy

sevenof400

Saban with more than a month to prepare and a defense that will be as close to full strength as they were at any time during the season....Alabama.

And what has NOT been discussed very much is the home field advantage Alabama will have in the Sugar Bowl. 

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 28, 2017, 05:12:48 pm
Saban with more than a month to prepare and a defense that will be as close to full strength as they were at any time during the season....Alabama.

And what has NOT been discussed very much is the home field advantage Alabama will have in the Sugar Bowl.
hmmm. What is Alabama's record in their last 4 Sugar bowls with that home field advantage? I'll wait while you look.

I seem to remember a certain third string QB taking them to the woodshed.

sevenof400

Quote from: LRRandy on December 28, 2017, 05:51:09 pm
hmmm. What is Alabama's record in their last 4 Sugar bowls with that home field advantage? I'll wait while you look.

I seem to remember a certain third string QB taking them to the woodshed.

I remember January 1, 1993.....A glorious day!

And if they had run the dang ball, they would have kicked the ------ out of any OSU!

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 28, 2017, 06:55:45 pm
I remember January 1, 1993.....A glorious day!

And if they had run the dang ball, they would have kicked the ------ out of any OSU!
so they haven't utilized that hush hush NOT talked about home field advantage 3 times in a row. I see. Last win 1993. I'm glad you can savor it.

Yeah, Alabama got physically handled. The stud safety and two linebackers were watching from the sideline as zeke ran 85 yards through the heart of the south to ice it. Didn't he run for over 200 yards on that supposed vaunted defense. Turnovers kept you in the game my man. Our third string quarterback was trucking your players and knocking them out of the game.

LRRandy

Crickets. I get it. You don't respond when faced with cold hard facts that paint the tide in a negative light. It's looking more and more like the tide are gonna get rolled. If they do it will be more than obvious the committee put the wrong team in the playoff this year.

sevenof400

What?  Huh?

I'm waiting til the games that actually matter this year are played!

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 30, 2017, 09:34:38 am
What?  Huh?

I'm waiting til the games that actually matter this year are played!
ouch. Scathing retort. I understand Bama sits on its own ivory tower. What Saban has done there is nothing short of amazing. Do you think this Bama team is as strong as recent teams?

sevenof400

Quote from: LRRandy on December 30, 2017, 09:52:22 am
ouch. Scathing retort. I understand Bama sits on its own ivory tower. What Saban has done there is nothing short of amazing. Do you think this Bama team is as strong as recent teams?

I know, but that is about all I can muster today...

To answer your question, no i don't think this is the strongest Alabama team under Saban.  The '09 team is still his best, BTW.

In a moment of candor, even I will admit I still don't know a lot about this team because of injuries and the overall level of play in the SEC this year.  And, as good as Hurts has been at times as the QB, if he is forced to carry the team as a passer is he up to that challenge?  And finally, I haven't seen the commitment to the running game this season that I did in the NC years - if anything is a useful predictor of Alabama's chances versus Clemson, the offense play count (run vs pass) needs to be slanted significantly toward running. 

The fact that so many defensive players are back gives me significant belief vs Clemson. 

VHSCoach2

Starting Alabama CB Anthony Averett sprained his ankle getting off of the team bus, according to an ESPN broadcast.

Upon further review, this apparently happened Friday and Averett is expected to play today.

bleudog

bdubyab60

This one could be a defensive struggle compared to the other game

bdubyab60

sevenof400

But compared to game 1, what a snoozer. 
This one certainly not being played at that level.

Valleysports

Good thing Bama had trouble in the Red Zone - this could've been as ugly as Clemson pounding Ohio St 33-0, in last years Semi...

LRRandy

Quote from: Valleysports on January 01, 2018, 11:23:33 pm
Good thing Bama had trouble in the Red Zone - this could've been as ugly as Clemson pounding Ohio St 33-0, in last years Semi...
is it safe for you to post now. Have the two teams in the sec done enough for you to puff your chest out public again?

Valleysports

Haha - no I've always been about putting Loud Mouth's in there place.  Here these guys had an Oklahoma vs Clemson thread (playoff teams) Semi Finals.  Did it say anything about Ohio St in the Title?  But you come in and make the thread about Ohio State.  Ohio St fans are like Hillary Clinton, y'all just won't go away!

LRRandy

Quote from: Valleysports on January 02, 2018, 09:40:39 am
Haha - no I've always been about putting Loud Mouth's in there place.  Here these guys had an Oklahoma vs Clemson thread (playoff teams) Semi Finals.  Did it say anything about Ohio St in the Title?  But you come in and make the thread about Ohio State.  Ohio St fans are like Hillary Clinton, y'all just won't go away!
that Ohio State thread was started by someone else before I started posting here. I'm just here to have fun.

RZback

You can knock any team, any team but when you get to the end of it who has been standing more than any other teams.  In the Saban era he has been the dominant force and Bama defense was pretty darn good yesterday.  IMO the weakness is Hurts, he just doesn't throw the ball that great.  I'm sure some will disagree and say look at his numbers.  Yes, he has good numbers on a good team but look at the game winner plays against the best teams on the schedule, not against the average teams.  Not saying he isn't good just not as good as I wish he was or the hype plays him up. 
I'd say Bama will win it all if they have a typical Bama day. 
They dominated Clemson in a way I doubt anybody felt would happen.

LRRandy

Quote from: RZback on January 02, 2018, 10:19:48 am
You can knock any team, any team but when you get to the end of it who has been standing more than any other teams.  In the Saban era he has been the dominant force and Bama defense was pretty darn good yesterday.  IMO the weakness is Hurts, he just doesn't throw the ball that great.  I'm sure some will disagree and say look at his numbers.  Yes, he has good numbers on a good team but look at the game winner plays against the best teams on the schedule, not against the average teams.  Not saying he isn't good just not as good as I wish he was or the hype plays him up. 
what Saban has done is remarkable. I hate it. But you gotta respect it.

Valleysports

Quote from: RZback on January 02, 2018, 10:19:48 am

RZback #legitpost!

sevenof400

Quote from: LRRandy on January 02, 2018, 10:24:31 am
what Saban has done is remarkable. I hate it. But you gotta respect it.

This I can attest to!   ;D

And the last part as well. 

Chief_Osceola™

Either Clemson is terrible, or D. Watson was that good.  I can't decide which.

RATTLER43

" what Saban has done is remarkable. I hate it. But you gotta respect it. "

^^^^^^^
    This

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas