• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your favorite sports stories of 2017

Started by beach bum, December 27, 2017, 01:32:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Let's relive some of the top sports stories of 2017 and all of you chime in on what you guys thought were surprises and the moments that stood out most... Also, this is the place to make your bold predictions for 2018.... Below are a few I thought of. I could have went on and on but just listed a few or so cause I would rather hear what is on all of your minds about 2017 and moving forward to 2018....

-Patriots epic come back

- not a big baseball fan but you guys that are got a treat of a series

-US soccer not making the World Cup (Fox Sports lost so much money on that)

BOLD PREDICTION FOR 2018: The Warriors will not win the NBA title

VHSCoach2

Quote from: beach bum on December 27, 2017, 01:32:13 pm
Let's relive some of the top sports stories of 2017 and all of you chime in on what you guys thought were surprises and the moments that stood out most... Also, this is the place to make your bold predictions for 2018.... Below are a few I thought of. I could have went on and on but just listed a few or so cause I would rather hear what is on all of your minds about 2017 and moving forward to 2018....

-Patriots epic come back

- not a big baseball fan but you guys that are got a treat of a series

-US soccer not making the World Cup (Fox Sports lost so much money on that)

BOLD PREDICTION FOR 2018: The Warriors will not win the NBA title

I ought to ban you for this blasphemy, bum...  ;D

beach bum

December 27, 2017, 02:28:02 pm #2 Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 02:30:00 pm by beach bum
Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 27, 2017, 02:22:14 pm
I ought to ban you for this blasphemy, bum...  ;D

I had totally forgot you loved the Falcons... The positive is the Falcons hold their own fate this coming weekend for another shot at the playoffs since they beat the Seahawks about a month ago and own head to head. If the Falcons get in we will see a whole lot of NFC South round 3 next month. The NFC is so much up in the air compared to the AFC where its Patriots or Steelers almost certainly. All 6 teams in the NFC are legitimate contenders to make the Super Bowl. The NFC is where the substance will be.

RATTLER43

Altuve and Astros finally winning the WS. I've been waiting since early 70s.   And what a series...

beach bum

It was surprising to see a handful of Astros guys actually on here. The thing is I think the Astros may get another one in the next few years. MLB postseason is so funky and so much parity though that teams rarely repeat no matter how good they are. It and hockey are by far the most unpredictable when it comes to the postseason.

RATTLER43

Agreed.  I believe they have three more good
Opportunities before contracts break it up.  But great fun for this Astros fan.

beach bum

Also, forgot that Clemson beating Alabama in the last seconds technically happened at the beginning of 2017.... Luckily as a treat for us all we get to see it again day one of 2018.

bleudog

beach bum

Quote from: bleudog on January 05, 2018, 06:28:02 pm
http://www.knoe.com/content/sports/Cancer-free-Jaqwis-Dancy-scores-first-career-TD-442640883.html

I did enjoy watching him in that bowl game.... I hope nothing but the best for him. JC is lucky to have had someone like him go through their program. I can only imagine he was a great leader there and is someone the current JC players look up to.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas