• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regionals & state

Started by Head Lion, December 20, 2017, 04:51:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

BoxNOne

In the northern region, I forget if it's 2 or 3, I figure it will go 3A-1east this year. Clinton maybe? They bid last year and are supposed to have a very nice gym.

Head Lion

Deadline fast approaching, anyone hearing anything?

CTEPirateFan

Expecting Drew Central to bid for Region 4. I've only heard one person say they may bid for state too, but I'm not believing that one.

teachers pet

I heard Jessieville will be bidding for a regional.

RedWolf275

I'm thinking today is the last day to get a bid in.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

biglion1985

That would be nice but I figure that Clinton will get it since they tried last year if they bid on it

baller334

I heard Melbourne maybe bidding but not for sure.

biglion1985

Does Melbourne have a big gym?

baller334

Yea it's got seating on 3 sides and a big lobby. I believe they hosted 2A state there about 5 or 6 years ago.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: baller334 on January 04, 2018, 06:53:31 pm
Yea it's got seating on 3 sides and a big lobby. I believe they hosted 2A state there about 5 or 6 years ago.

Closer to 10...pretty nice gym

bobcats

January 04, 2018, 07:35:35 pm #12 Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:37:36 pm by bobcats
Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 04, 2018, 07:19:01 pm
Closer to 10...pretty nice gym

The best thing about the Melbourne gym is the golf course across the street, so if the weather is good bring your clubs!

Head Lion

Quote from: bobcats on January 04, 2018, 07:35:35 pm
The best thing about the Melbourne gym is the golf course across the street, so if the weather is good bring your clubs!
You must not seen me hack it around 😳😳.

RedWolf275

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 04, 2018, 01:00:27 pm
Does Melbourne have a big gym?

Melbourne gym is good sized and very nice.

Radiotalker

bobcats

I really would think Clinton would be going after regionals.  They have a experienced team with a chance to make a run.  Perhaps they are bidding on state.  I haven't heard.  Will ask some people who should know.

ISU7

Please give it to Clinton already.... ;D ;D 8)

bobcats

January 05, 2018, 07:39:39 am #18 Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 07:42:09 am by bobcats
Info I have is Clinton did bid on regionals.  If they get it you will not be disappointed in the facility except the parking.  Regardless, this will be the last matchup for these two conferences as they are changing next season.

biglion1985

Hey bobcats what are they going to

Head Lion

Region 3 Clinton, Melbourne & Manila   State Charleston, Drew Central, Harding Academy & Manila

bobcats

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 05, 2018, 12:03:20 pm
Hey bobcats what are they going to

3A-1 E and W will be a region.  The 3 will be in a region with Tuckerman and the teams in that conference.

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on January 05, 2018, 12:26:50 pm
Region 3 Clinton, Melbourne & Manila   State Charleston, Drew Central, Harding Academy & Manila

Would be a good year for Manila to get state.  Are you guys going after it hard?

biglion1985

I haven't heard anything on it but it sure would be nice but doubt if we get State maybe regionals

Head Lion

Quote from: bobcats on January 05, 2018, 01:22:31 pm
Would be a good year for Manila to get state.  Are you guys going after it hard?
We are going all in this year, probably would prefer state. I just have a feeling it is headed south, it hasn't been there in a while.

CoolBreeze

History will probably work against HA getting the state tournament. It has been in Searcy twice in the last 8 years. At Harding about 2011 and at Riverview in 2013.

baller334

Is Manila even big enough to host state?

Head Lion

Quote from: baller334 on January 05, 2018, 04:04:50 pm
Is Manila even big enough to host state?
It holds 2100 at 18 inch a seat and I think 1800 at 21inch a seat. So, yes it does.

HorseFeathers

Are the rest of the classes published somewhere?

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: Head Lion on January 05, 2018, 02:44:48 pm
We are going all in this year, probably would prefer state. I just have a feeling it is headed south, it hasn't been there in a while.
Regional should be somewhere around Hoxie every year, it's closer to the half way point for both 3A-3 and 3A-1E than any other school. Manila, Rivercrest, Osceola usually have to make that travel and it's just a long long drive. Yes I know that it was at Riverside last year but it usually falls to those basketball schools.

BoxNOne

I am surprised Hoxie didn't bid on regional or state this year.

teachers pet

Does AAA not put out who made bids?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 05, 2018, 04:50:39 pm
Are the rest of the classes published somewhere?
Pretty sure it's not official until the meeting on Jan 11th.

Head Lion

As a board member and representative of our school, I called the AAA and got the 3A. They do not post bidders, just who it is awarded to.

RedWolf275

I really don't understand the big secret but it is the AAA!

Jimbo Morphis

So Drew Central is hosting a regional and Charleston is hosting State?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Head Lion on January 08, 2018, 11:28:55 am
As a board member and representative of our school, I called the AAA and got the 3A. They do not post bidders, just who it is awarded to.

They have in the past ::)

Head Lion

Quote from: Oldman on January 08, 2018, 01:11:34 pm
no these are who bid

teachers pet

January 08, 2018, 01:55:39 pm #38 Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 02:39:27 pm by teachers pet
Do you know who is bidding on region 4?

BigLion10

biglion1985

I think headlion will agree let hold state @Manila

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Head Lion on January 08, 2018, 01:45:29 pm
no these are who bid
Ok so it will be after the meeting on the 11th before we know ?

RedWolf275

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: Oldman on January 08, 2018, 01:11:34 pm
As a Drew Central alum who resides in Russellville, I wouldn't complain with this scenario since Charleston is closeby. I can't help but root for DC to host state for the first time since the late 80s though.

bluegrassboy75

beach bum

I would think Drew Central would be the favorite to win 3A if they end up hosting state... That would be massive being that good of a team with 3 potential home games until the finals on a neutral court then.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beach bum on January 09, 2018, 02:43:42 pm
I would think Drew Central would be the favorite to win 3A if they end up hosting state... That would be massive being that good of a team with 3 potential home games until the finals on a neutral court then.
They can't even win their district.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on January 09, 2018, 03:29:54 pm
They can't even win their district.

14-1 seems pretty A-OK to me.... that's at least what maxpreps has updated as their record to this point in the season. That's pretty good being a 3A team playing with 4A schools in a blended league too. A few solid wins up to date too.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beach bum on January 09, 2018, 03:35:30 pm
14-1 seems pretty A-OK to me.... that's at least what maxpreps has updated as their record to this point in the season. That's pretty good being a 3A team playing with 4A schools in a blended league too. A few solid wins up to date too.

Yea, I'll probably go when they play Mcgehee at the end of the month.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on January 09, 2018, 03:36:46 pm
Yea, I'll probably go when they play Mcgehee at the end of the month.

Good for Mcgehee too if Drew Central gets state... No staying in hotels either if the Owls make it. Unless they want to vacation in luxurious Monticello just because 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas