• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RiverCrest leaves 3A On top #1

Started by ISU7, December 15, 2017, 03:39:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ISU7

Great way to move up too 4A with a 2017 3A State Championship Title. Good luck to the Colts next season in 4A. Rivercrest will be in conference 3-4A where they will play some teams they are familiar with. Good luck to the 3-3A it was a pleasure being in such a competitive conference.

beach bum

And they'll be just fine in 4A since they're entering one of the weakest 4A conferences if not the weakest.

Paperman

I would not call Gosnell weak! Westside is much improved, Pocahontas was down this year but will be better next season! Highland is way down, Brookland, Cave City, are not that good! Trumann should be good next two years! The Crest does improve this conference for sure!

beach bum

December 15, 2017, 10:24:07 am #3 Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:25:40 am by beach bum
Quote from: Paperman on December 15, 2017, 09:51:49 am
I would not call Gosnell weak! Westside is much improved, Pocahontas was down this year but will be better next season! Highland is way down, Brookland, Cave City, are not that good! Trumann should be good next two years! The Crest does improve this conference for sure!

When your 2 seed gets flattened in a first round game and your conference has not made it past the quarterfinals in I don't how long? That speaks for itself.... The 3-3A is just as much of a test as the 3-4A

OB11

Quote from: beach bum on December 15, 2017, 10:24:07 am
When your 2 seed gets flattened in a first round game and your conference has not made it past the quarterfinals in I don't how long? That speaks for itself.... The 3-3A is just as much of a test as the 3-4A

The 3-4A champ (Gosnell) would have finished no better than 4th in the 3-3A this year. I know it was non-conference but Gosnell lost to Rivercrest, Osceola, and Newport this past season. Granted, the 3-3A was probably the toughest 3A conference in the state this year, but I think it does show how down the 3-4A was.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: OB11 on December 16, 2017, 11:31:58 am
The 3-4A champ (Gosnell) would have finished no better than 4th in the 3-3A this year. I know it was non-conference but Gosnell lost to Rivercrest, Osceola, and Newport this past season. Granted, the 3-3A was probably the toughest 3A conference in the state this year, but I think it does show how down the 3-4A was.
+1

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on December 15, 2017, 09:51:49 am
Somebody always try and make RiverCrest look weak, lol 2017 3A State Champs. Thanks PM for your encouraging comment buddy.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on December 17, 2017, 01:40:51 am
Somebody always try and make RiverCrest look weak, lol 2017 3A State Champs. Thanks PM for your encouraging comment buddy.
I know right. I guess by Rivercrest winning state championship that hasnt set in with alot of people yet lol

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 17, 2017, 04:11:36 pm
I know right. I guess by Rivercrest winning state championship that hasnt set in with alot of people yet lol
Colts haters lol

bigchief72455

I think the Colts will be just fine in the 4A. The only problem that I see down the road will be roster depth. It may be tough for them to play against teams that have double the numbers and can rotate in a fresh player often. Other than that they will be a tough team to play.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 19, 2017, 10:58:49 am
I think the Colts will be just fine in the 4A. The only problem that I see down the road will be roster depth. It may be tough for them to play against teams that have double the numbers and can rotate in a fresh player often. Other than that they will be a tough team to play.
It will be quite a change to go from being one of the largest schools in their class to one of the smallest. But I think the Colts will do just fine.

luxora4life

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 19, 2017, 11:39:03 am
It will be quite a change to go from being one of the largest schools in their class to one of the smallest. But I think the Colts will do just fine.

Not talent-wise.   But itwill only be for the next cycle anyway, I see a return to 3a coming very soon.

dragondad

With what I witnessed in Little Rock,  they should hold their own just fine in regular season and likely well into the playoffs.  Good luck Colts, I know y'all won't lay down for anyone.

beach bum

Quote from: dragondad on December 19, 2017, 07:47:38 pm
With what I witnessed in Little Rock,  they should hold their own just fine in regular season and likely well into the playoffs.  Good luck Colts, I know y'all won't lay down for anyone.

I am not sure what they return for next year. Some of the Rivercrest guys will know more on that. But, outside of the obvious 4A juggernauts of Warren, Arkadelphia, and Robinson..... Rivercrest is going to be there with anybody else the next 2 years. It will be intriguing to see how they do in 2018.

snoopy22

Colts will win conference in 4A next year and probably make the semis or better.

ISU7

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 20, 2017, 08:54:19 am
Colts will win conference in 4A next year and probably make the semis or better.
8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas