• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Joe T Robinson(2.0). Semifinals. Let’s get it started!!!

Started by AirWarren, November 24, 2017, 09:39:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rugman15

Quote from: Danold Dump on November 27, 2017, 01:23:47 pm
Oh Warren is going to make it back....they going to fight hard and sniff out a win on Friday...you can count on my Jacks.  The only question I have is how many times is Burks going to dump on them Robinson boys...Dump out!

The Dump has spoken!!!

AirWarren

RyanLR

AirWarren

Nacho

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Even with home field advantage, pressure is still on Robinson. We've been seeing other posters talk about them "choking" the last few years so they'll have to get that chip off their shoulders. I felt they were a one trick pony last year by just throwing up to Page or Jackson, not so simple this year. CW seems to be a good back whose name has to circulating in the Offensive Player of the year award. Good receivers can be covered easier than stopping a good back. My opinion. Should be a great high school football game. These are the fun weeks that make high school football so dang enjoyable.

RyanLR

HOOTENS.COM GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 1 Warren at No. 2 Joe T. Robinson
A rematch of last year's quarterfinal, which Warren won 35-28, its closest game on the way to a 15-0 state title campaign. Joe T. Robinson committed five turnovers in that game, and was flagged for four first-quarter false start penalties.
Warren has won 12 straight games this season since an opening loss to Class 5A Little Rock Christian. The Lumberjacks pounded Prairie Grove last week 35-13, not allowing a point until 1:03 left in the third quarter.  Warren gives up just 14 points per game. Defensive linemen Marcus Miller (6-4, 290), a junior, and Wallace Smith (6-3, 290), a senior, spearhead a unit "that's playing well," Warren coach Bo Hembree says. Senior linebacker Psavian Person has more than 100 tackles this season. Junior linebacker Treylon Burks had 13 tackles and returned an interception 59 yards for a TD last week (his fourth pick six of the season), while Person racked up 18 stops.
Burks, regarded by opposing coaches as the top player in the state, shifted to quarterback and running back a week ago, running 19 times for 239 yards and four TDs. Warren's primary QB, junior J'malachi Kinnard, had two TDs (one rushing, one passing) in a 35-point win over Ozark in the second round of the playoffs.. Hembree is 6-0 in the semifinals.
Joe T. Robinson advances to the semifinals for the first time since 2010, the fourth time since 2002, and hosts a semifinal game for the first time since 2003. The Senators led Gosnell 21-14 at halftime a week ago, then stuffed Gosnell on fourth-and-one early in the third quarter, spurring a 24-point triumph. The Senators rotate 20 players on defense, including eight linemen. "Our plan is stay fresh and wear teams down by the fourth quarter," Coach Todd Eskola says. Senior middle linebacker Caezar Warren has 134 tackles this season, including 32 tackles for loss and eight sacks. Junior lineman Zach Williams has 65 stops, while senior safety Nathan Page has 40 tackles and six interceptions.
Junior QB Greyson Tackett has completed 16 of 20 passes in the playoffs. "He's improved every game," Eskola says. Tackett has completed 64 of 105 passes this yer (64 percent) for 1,252 yards and 18 TDs. The Senators became more dynamic on offense when Page became healthy enough to play receiver in early November. Page has nine catches for 229 yards and four TDs in the past three games. Robinson alternates three tailbacks, including Warren, who also takes snaps as Wildcat QB. Warren has 129 carries this season for 1,181 yards and 18 TDs. He ran 24 times for 259 yards Week 5 against Arkadelphia and for 214 yards and three TDs the next week against Nashville. Senior Andre Bradley has 69 carries for 609 yards and nine TDs, while junior Zaytron Waits has 59 carries for 467 yards and eight TDs

LAfootball fan

Cesar Warren is the wild card in this game.  He seems to break tackles easily and has the speed to take it to the house.  Warren has been susceptible to missed tackles at times and they have been bailed out because they could run the back down with Burks at lb.  Warren will have to tackle well in this game and try to limit the big plays.  Make Robinson drive the length of the field to score.  Not sure about Robinson's kicking game.  That could be the difference in this game.  Warren has been able to kick several field goals this year and it may come down to a field goal like it did a few years back in the Dardanelle game.

Warren has to defend the edges better in this game too.  You can't let the qb for Robinson get to the edge, whether it is their starter or Cesar in the wildcat.  Should be a great game.  Warren needs to hold them to 3 scores or less IMO.  Should be a low scoring game like the Robinson/Arkadelphia game but with these playmakers you never know.

LJ06

Quote from: LAfootball fan on November 28, 2017, 09:18:27 am
Cesar Warren is the wild card in this game.  He seems to break tackles easily and has the speed to take it to the house.  Warren has been susceptible to missed tackles at times and they have been bailed out because they could run the back down with Burks at lb.  Warren will have to tackle well in this game and try to limit the big plays.  Make Robinson drive the length of the field to score.  Not sure about Robinson's kicking game.  That could be the difference in this game.  Warren has been able to kick several field goals this year and it may come down to a field goal like it did a few years back in the Dardanelle game.

Warren has to defend the edges better in this game too.  You can't let the qb for Robinson get to the edge, whether it is their starter or Cesar in the wildcat.  Should be a great game.  Warren needs to hold them to 3 scores or less IMO.  Should be a low scoring game like the Robinson/Arkadelphia game but with these playmakers you never know.

If Gosnell can move the ball on that defense Warren definitely will.

beach bum

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 27, 2017, 12:01:50 pm
We get to see what would of happened to Warren had they been in the 7-4A over these next couples weeks .   I predict they lose this one  then Arkadelphia beats Robinson . 

Proving that Warren would of been battling Nashville and Ashdown for 3rd, 4th and 5th place in conference this year! 

PR 35
Warren 21

Proving that your team went 0-7 in conference play including losses to Bauxite and Fountain Lake....

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on November 28, 2017, 09:29:32 am
Proving that your team went 0-7 in conference play including losses to Bauxite and Fountain Lake....

This guy's picks have cracked me up since the 2014 Warren vs Mena game.

You can bet, if he is commentating on a warren game, he is going to pick Warren to lose.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 28, 2017, 09:27:25 am
If Gosnell can move the ball on that defense Warren definitely will.

Shhhhh. We are outmanned at every Possible position.

STUNNA

I've said this all season and i will stick to it.. to beat warren you have to have a legit passing game or an elite athlete playing qb. And i think the same could be said for beating Robinson. This will be a dogfight.

LJ06

Warren comes into this matchup Friday night riding a 24 game win streak against 4A. Hopefully that trend continues till at least next year  ;D

Da_CountiesFinest

Quote from: AirWarren on November 28, 2017, 09:51:26 am
Shhhhh. We are outmanned at every Possible position.

Was at the game.  Outside of long completion on 4th down on first drive and 2nd drive Gosnell didn't really move the ball.  I'd guess they ran for maybe 50-60 yards.  Seemed like it just took Robinson Defense a drive or two to adjust to the flexbone.  Should be an awesome environment for HS Football this Friday.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Da_CountiesFinest on November 28, 2017, 10:32:46 am
Was at the game.  Outside of long completion on 4th down on first drive and 2nd drive Gosnell didn't really move the ball.  I'd guess they ran for maybe 50-60 yards.  Seemed like it just took Robinson Defense a drive or two to adjust to the flexbone.  Should be an awesome environment for HS Football this Friday.

I think thats a pretty fair assessment of that game.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

AirWarren

I was told Mike Norvell was a GA at warren in 2007.

Can anyone confer.

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 28, 2017, 12:59:43 pm
Jacks lose it on a failed 2-point conversion attempt..
QB's dad was Scrapper- 35
Coaches were Scrappers- 31

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 28, 2017, 12:59:43 pm
Jacks lose it on a failed 2-point conversion attempt..

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 28, 2017, 01:11:28 pm
QB's dad was Scrapper- 35
Coaches were Scrappers- 31

Something doesn't really add up here....

Jack1990

Top Shelf

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 28, 2017, 01:45:43 pm

Something doesn't really add up here....
Basically fixed beavers post with historical data and then created a separate post with more historical data. Either way, jacks lose

bulldoghistorian

Does Robinson have a radio station that broadcast their games?

PASS

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 28, 2017, 08:59:08 am
Even with home field advantage, pressure is still on Robinson. We've been seeing other posters talk about them "choking" the last few years so they'll have to get that chip off their shoulders. I felt they were a one trick pony last year by just throwing up to Page or Jackson, not so simple this year. CW seems to be a good back whose name has to circulating in the Offensive Player of the year award. Good receivers can be covered easier than stopping a good back. My opinion. Should be a great high school football game. These are the fun weeks that make high school football so dang enjoyable.
I would think all the pressure would be on Warren. They are number 1 in the state. Coach is 6-0 in semifinal games. I'd hate to be on the team that was the first to lose in the semis. Robinson has never been there before, so they have nothing to lose.

See, we can spin anything to fit our agenda. Let's let the kids play and let's sit back and watch what should be a fantastic game. Just my two cents.

LJ06

Quote from: PASS on November 28, 2017, 03:37:51 pm
I would think all the pressure would be on Warren. They are number 1 in the state. Coach is 6-0 in semifinal games. I'd hate to be on the team that was the first to lose in the semis. Robinson has never been there before, so they have nothing to lose.

See, we can spin anything to fit our agenda. Let's let the kids play and let's sit back and watch what should be a fantastic game. Just my two cents.

Pressure for Robinson to finally get over the hump. One thing for sure, there are several areas where Robinson has an advantage over Warren, however, coaching is not one of them. That may be the most important factor of them all.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: LJ06 on November 28, 2017, 03:49:57 pm
Pressure for Robinson to finally get over the hump. One thing for sure, there are several areas where Robinson has an advantage over Warren, however, coaching is not one of them. That may be the most important factor of them all.

^ditto

LAfootball fan

I can only see a couple areas that are advantage Robinson.   Secondary and kickoff coverage teams I could see being advantage Robinson.  Possibly depth on defense but I promise you, Robinson will not rotate as many on defense this week.  They will put their best 11 out there.  It is hard enough to defend Warren's offense with your best 11.  You don't want to be caught with your second best out there with the ball in Burks hands.

I think qb is a push with both teams with a slight advantage Warren when Burks in running the wildcat.  Cesar is very good at it too so the advantage is not as much as it has been with the  other playoff teams.  Running back is advantage Cesar over Steppes but again, not as much as an advantage as you would think.  WR is advantage Warren period.  When Burks and McKnight are split out wide they are tough to cover no matter who you put out there on them.  Page is good but Burks has a definite advantage there and I cannot see Robinson having a second option better than McKnight.  I think it is a push on the line play on offense and defense.  Both teams have good line play.  Field goals I would give advantage Warren.  Haven't seen anyone mention the kicking game for Robinson in any thread so I have to believe it is average.  I believe Warren's kicker is a cut above average bordering on being very good.

All in all it is shaping up to be a very competitive contest.  This one could go either way.  Playing at home keeps Robinson within a 7 point margin.  It it was at Warren again, I would give Warren a definite 7 point edge or more. 

Da_CountiesFinest

Quote from: LAfootball fan on November 28, 2017, 07:03:38 pm
I can only see a couple areas that are advantage Robinson.   Secondary and kickoff coverage teams I could see being advantage Robinson.  Possibly depth on defense but I promise you, Robinson will not rotate as many on defense this week.  They will put their best 11 out there.  It is hard enough to defend Warren's offense with your best 11.  You don't want to be caught with your second best out there with the ball in Burks hands.

I think qb is a push with both teams with a slight advantage Warren when Burks in running the wildcat.  Cesar is very good at it too so the advantage is not as much as it has been with the  other playoff teams.  Running back is advantage Cesar over Steppes but again, not as much as an advantage as you would think.  WR is advantage Warren period.  When Burks and McKnight are split out wide they are tough to cover no matter who you put out there on them.  Page is good but Burks has a definite advantage there and I cannot see Robinson having a second option better than McKnight.  I think it is a push on the line play on offense and defense.  Both teams have good line play.  Field goals I would give advantage Warren.  Haven't seen anyone mention the kicking game for Robinson in any thread so I have to believe it is average.  I believe Warren's kicker is a cut above average bordering on being very good.

All in all it is shaping up to be a very competitive contest.  This one could go either way.  Playing at home keeps Robinson within a 7 point margin.  It it was at Warren again, I would give Warren a definite 7 point edge or more.

Nice synopsis...  Basically Warren has the advantage everywhere because they've got Burks. 

LAfootball fan

AirWarren

Quote from: Da_CountiesFinest on November 28, 2017, 07:18:15 pm
Nice synopsis...  Basically Warren has the advantage everywhere because they've got Burks. 

Not quite.

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on November 28, 2017, 12:59:07 pm

Can anyone confer.
He was a GA at UCA in 2006 and then Tulsa in 2007-08

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on November 28, 2017, 12:59:07 pm

Can anyone confer.

Mike Norvell and Coach Hembree are actually good friends. Memphis was the first school to offer Burks.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on November 28, 2017, 09:14:55 pm
Mike Norvell and Coach Hembree are actually good friends. Memphis was the first school to offer Burks.

I heard today he was at Warren in 2007. Then went on to the job at Tulsa with Gus.

Cool Connection.

Romeo

Warren is traditionally battle tested and used to being in this position. This is Robinson's first semi-final appearance. When you have two strong teams facing each other at the point of the season, coaching definitely plays a big factor.

bulldoghistorian

November 28, 2017, 09:42:35 pm #136 Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:59:52 pm by bulldoghistorian
Quote from: Romeo on November 28, 2017, 09:30:41 pm
Warren is traditionally battle tested and used to being in this position. This is Robinson's first semi-final appearance. When you have two strong teams facing each other at the point of the season, coaching definitely plays a big factor.
Warren by 1!

AirWarren

Warren plays the non conference they play in preparation for these games.

RyanLR

Not exactly true Romeo, this is the first semifinal for this particular team, but Robinson made the semis in 2010, 2003, 2002, and a bunch of times in the 70's and 80's.

hogfan10

Quote from: RyanLR on November 28, 2017, 09:15:15 am
HOOTENS.COM GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 1 Warren at No. 2 Joe T. Robinson
A rematch of last year's quarterfinal, which Warren won 35-28, its closest game on the way to a 15-0 state title campaign. Joe T. Robinson committed five turnovers in that game, and was flagged for four first-quarter false start penalties.
Warren has won 12 straight games this season since an opening loss to Class 5A Little Rock Christian. The Lumberjacks pounded Prairie Grove last week 35-13, not allowing a point until 1:03 left in the third quarter.  Warren gives up just 14 points per game. Defensive linemen Marcus Miller (6-4, 290), a junior, and Wallace Smith (6-3, 290), a senior, spearhead a unit "that's playing well," Warren coach Bo Hembree says. Senior linebacker Psavian Person has more than 100 tackles this season. Junior linebacker Treylon Burks had 13 tackles and returned an interception 59 yards for a TD last week (his fourth pick six of the season), while Person racked up 18 stops.
Burks, regarded by opposing coaches as the top player in the state, shifted to quarterback and running back a week ago, running 19 times for 239 yards and four TDs. Warren's primary QB, junior J'malachi Kinnard, had two TDs (one rushing, one passing) in a 35-point win over Ozark in the second round of the playoffs.. Hembree is 6-0 in the semifinals.
Joe T. Robinson advances to the semifinals for the first time since 2010, the fourth time since 2002, and hosts a semifinal game for the first time since 2003. The Senators led Gosnell 21-14 at halftime a week ago, then stuffed Gosnell on fourth-and-one early in the third quarter, spurring a 24-point triumph. The Senators rotate 20 players on defense, including eight linemen. "Our plan is stay fresh and wear teams down by the fourth quarter," Coach Todd Eskola says. Senior middle linebacker Caezar Warren has 134 tackles this season, including 32 tackles for loss and eight sacks. Junior lineman Zach Williams has 65 stops, while senior safety Nathan Page has 40 tackles and six interceptions.
Junior QB Greyson Tackett has completed 16 of 20 passes in the playoffs. "He's improved every game," Eskola says. Tackett has completed 64 of 105 passes this yer (64 percent) for 1,252 yards and 18 TDs. The Senators became more dynamic on offense when Page became healthy enough to play receiver in early November. Page has nine catches for 229 yards and four TDs in the past three games. Robinson alternates three tailbacks, including Warren, who also takes snaps as Wildcat QB. Warren has 129 carries this season for 1,181 yards and 18 TDs. He ran 24 times for 259 yards Week 5 against Arkadelphia and for 214 yards and three TDs the next week against Nashville. Senior Andre Bradley has 69 carries for 609 yards and nine TDs, while junior Zaytron Waits has 59 carries for 467 yards and eight TDs

I think Robinson wins a close one because of line play on both sides of the ball. Both sides of the ball are big and athletic. The sooner Robinson goes to the direct snap to C Warren, the sooner they take control of the game.

Romeo

Quote from: RyanLR on November 28, 2017, 10:07:18 pm
Not exactly true Romeo, this is the first semifinal for this particular team, but Robinson made the semis in 2010, 2003, 2002, and a bunch of times in the 70's and 80's.

Correct. I was thinking about Dardanelle in 2014. If they win on Friday, would it be their first appearance in the state championship?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 28, 2017, 10:35:09 pm
I think Robinson wins a close one because of line play on both sides of the ball. Both sides of the ball are big and athletic. The sooner Robinson goes to the direct snap to C Warren, the sooner they take control of the game.

That wasn't the case vs Gosnell. Robinson looked better with Tackett at QB.

AirWarren

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 29, 2017, 12:38:04 am

And our line play is slow and small. We may be in trouble and for sure outmanned.

Danold Dump

Congrats to Robinson for making it to the semifinals...too bad it has to end Friday night...not trying to be a danold dump jerk or anything, but Burks can catch it with one hand, two hands, his facemask, etc.  Dump on em jacks...dump out

RyanLR

Quote from: Romeo on November 28, 2017, 10:50:27 pm
Correct. I was thinking about Dardanelle in 2014. If they win on Friday, would it be their first appearance in the state championship?
No they won the AAA Title in 1980. I'd have to dig through a stack of yearbooks but I believe that is their only appearance.

bigchief72455

Quote from: RyanLR on November 28, 2017, 10:07:18 pm
All of those with the same coach?

Rugman15

Quote from: Danold Dump on November 29, 2017, 09:12:48 am
Congrats to Robinson for making it to the semifinals...too bad it has to end Friday night...not trying to be a danold dump jerk or anything, but Burks can catch it with one hand, two hands, his facemask, etc.  Dump on em jacks...dump out

Robinson is done for now!!!  The Dump has spoken!!!!

mharris31696

If Arkadelphia had lost last week i would definitely be making the trip to Little Rock for this one. I think this is the marquee matchup of the week in any classification. I think it's anybody's ball game but i give the edge to Robinson playing at home.

hogfan10

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 29, 2017, 12:38:04 am

Just an opinion, based off of the Arkadelphia game.
First half was dominated by both defenses, JTR had absolutely no success passing the ball. They switched to the direct snap with C. Warren and another player, and Robinson began to wear on the Arkadelphia defense.

Maynard G Krebs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas