• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mount Ida @ CHG

Started by NWA Hawg, November 24, 2017, 09:39:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

eldofan

Looks like District 7 is the king of 2a.

Old Scrapper

whoknows

On first down Bearden completes for 1st down

whoknows

Bearden throws incomplete 2nd down...1:03 left

whoknows

Bearden throws left...3rd down and 4

whoknows

Handoff for 1st down to mt Ida 40

whoknows

Bearden throws incomplete

whoknows

beach bum

Mount Ida.... Proving all their haters wrong one dominating week at a time.

whoknows

whoknows

whoknows

Bearden throws and intercepted

whoknows

Ball game...tough game...

whoknows

Old Scrapper

Good job whoknows!  Even tho the ending wasn't as exciting as last week I still think you did a great job keeping everyone informed.

FilmCrew

polksalet

Who won regular season game with foreman and my Ida?

FilmCrew

FilmCrew

The Beast Of 08

Congrats to Ida on a great win. They took control of the game early and never really let Grove get a foothold. Their defense is every bit as good as advertized. Offensively they weren't necessarily explosive but they were disciplined and moved the ball. One of the things that HG has relied on all year was turnovers that led to scores. They would score a TD and then force a turnover and get another score right after. So 7 point swings turned to 14 point swings. Ida was way too disciplined for that.
HG boys I know a community that is extremely proud of you and the season you put together. Obviously it didn't end the way we all wanted but that doesn't discredit this group of kids...especially the seniors! Much respect

Legacy Lion

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on December 08, 2017, 09:36:12 pm
Congrats to Ida on a great win. They took control of the game early and never really let Grove get a foothold. Their defense is every bit as good as advertized. Offensively they weren't necessarily explosive but they were disciplined and moved the ball. One of the things that HG has relied on all year was turnovers that led to scores. They would score a TD and then force a turnover and get another score right after. So 7 point swings turned to 14 point swings. Ida was way too disciplined for that.
HG boys I know a community that is extremely proud of you and the season you put together. Obviously it didn't end the way we all wanted but that doesn't discredit this group of kids...especially the seniors! Much respect

Thanks. Best of luck to you going forward.

FilmCrew

Quote from: CHG Hornet on December 04, 2017, 06:48:47 pm
You'll know em Friday night!  Last year, Ida's two D-ends were great and they shut us down.  We know they're gone now.  Ida's got a good team, no disrespect whatsoever intended, but this year will be different.  CHG has too many weapons on the ground and through the air.

Great Game!!

I had a feeling thinking that way would be a mistake. The line play on defense made all the difference tonight. Those ends were replaced with other great ends. You were right, nothing like last year, it was better!, No disrespect.

HG Hornet

Tonight went pretty much like last years' game.  Mt. Ida is a great team with great fans.  Our kids played hard, but your kids made more plays tonight. 

I visited with a couple of Lions after the game and watched as at least 10 different Lions hugged my son, who is a senior and played his last game for CHG.  It was touching to say the least.  That's how it's supposed to be and I thank those Lions for that.  Good luck to you all next week. 

It's been a great 10 year run for CHG Hornet #79 and his teammates.  The Hornets left it all on the field tonight and made us proud all year long.  Prayers for Hornets #51 who injured his leg in the game tonight and for #33 who played in pain all night with a knee brace on. 

jsw6f0

Just out of curiosity is it a rule at Grove that you cannot come one to the field after the game?

HG Hornet

Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 08, 2017, 11:02:12 pm
Just out of curiosity is it a rule at Grove that you cannot come one to the field after the game?
It wasn't, until a Glen Rose fan started some stuff after the game with them last year.  After that, CHG Superintendent said no one on the field any more.

jsw6f0

One idiot ruins it for everyone I assumed it was something like that. Great game Hornet.

HG Hornet

Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 08, 2017, 11:14:42 pm
One idiot ruins it for everyone I assumed it was something like that. Great game Hornet.
Thanks.  Like the Beast of 08 said, we've come out in the 3rd quarter and put games out of reach ever since week 4 by forcing and capitalizing on turnovers.  Tonight we forced none and committed three of our own, which is unusual for us.

These Hornets are a special group and even though they didn't get to the Championship game, they won a lot of games along the way.  I think the crown jewel for me, personally, this year was beating Rison 42-30.  I got the most satisfaction out of that one and it meant winning our Conference outright for the first time since 1976.  We're all very disappointed, but our guys made CHG history and I'm glad my son was a part of it.

whoknows

Congrats on a great season Hornets..

M.I. D

Congrats on another great playoff run to CHG. You team played their tails off tonight and so did Mount Ida. It was a good game and a battle to the end.

monster_island

Much respect for CHG players and fans. A lot of class there. I loved your stadium, especially the WARM restroom.

Bigditchlion

Quote from: CHG Hornet on December 08, 2017, 10:50:49 pm
Tonight went pretty much like last years' game.  Mt. Ida is a great team with great fans.  Our kids played hard, but your kids made more plays tonight. 

I visited with a couple of Lions after the game and watched as at least 10 different Lions hugged my son, who is a senior and played his last game for CHG.  It was touching to say the least.  That's how it's supposed to be and I thank those Lions for that.  Good luck to you all next week. 

It's been a great 10 year run for CHG Hornet #79 and his teammates.  The Hornets left it all on the field tonight and made us proud all year long.  Prayers for Hornets #51 who injured his leg in the game tonight and for #33 who played in pain all night with a knee brace on.

Great season chg! Win with class and lose with class. Much respect for both teams!!  That's what I like to hear, great sportsmanship and caring from our future leaders.

ThreadWatcher

Congratulations to the Hornets on a great season! Even though it had to come to an end last night on the field, I will always remember alot of your players and fans as Winners in life. That to me is more important. Much respect for the CHG Hornet family and good luck in the future!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas