• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atkins vs Dover Alumni game

Started by Red Devil Dad, November 22, 2017, 02:20:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil Dad

Some of you may have heard on The Buzz this morning that the alumni from Dover and Atkins will be playing a full pads football game this Saturday 11/25.  Ages playing in it are from late 40's to 19 years old and some of the money made from the game will be donated to the schools. 

In Pope county everyone knows about the rivalry between these 2 schools.  My question for FF posters is, would you like  strap up the pads again and play an Alumni game?  If so who is your rivalry with? I personally am not playing in this game, sorry but I don't think my body could handle the punishment, but I think it's an awesome idea that I hope becomes a yearly game. 

If anyone happens to be in the area on Saturday the game is at Dover at 5 PM, should be a lot of fun.  I just hope they have an ambulance handy. 

BAMA#16

November 22, 2017, 02:29:43 pm #1 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:32:53 pm by BAMA#16
Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 22, 2017, 02:20:01 pm
Some of you may have heard on The Buzz this morning that the alumni from Dover and Atkins will be playing a full pads football game this Saturday 11/25.  Ages playing in it are from late 40's to 19 years old and some of the money made from the game will be donated to the schools. 

In Pope county everyone knows about the rivalry between these 2 schools.  My question for FF posters is, would you like  strap up the pads again and play an Alumni game?  If so who is your rivalry with? I personally am not playing in this game, sorry but I don't think my body could handle the punishment, but I think it's an awesome idea that I hope becomes a yearly game. 

If anyone happens to be in the area on Saturday the game is at Dover at 5 PM, should be a lot of fun.  I just hope they have an ambulance handy.
I think it would be a lot of fun, but something I'd want to prepare for a year in advance, lol. I went to Tioga Louisiana, and our rival was Pineville.

Jimbo Morphis

Not me, I can pull a muscle shaving.

BigLion10

Quote from: Oldman on November 22, 2017, 02:33:43 pm
Be a lot of chiropractor visits next week

Red Devil Dad

They have been practicing for several months now, these guys are taking it pretty serious. 

CoolBreeze

Jimbo Morphis

Moose

Statistically, men in their forties are prone to injury when playing tackle football....but those are just statistical models.

Red Devil Dad

I agree with your statistics, that's why I'm not playing.  Lol

BAMA#16

Quote from: Moose on November 22, 2017, 03:03:17 pm
Statistically, men in their forties are prone to injury when playing tackle football....but those are just statistical models.
I can agree with that.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Oldman on November 22, 2017, 02:33:43 pm

remind me again, what's a muscle?

the green moose

Being from West Fork, the Moose would love another shot at Greenland!

Paperman

They might need a whole fleet of ambulances! 😂😂😂

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Paperman on November 28, 2017, 10:30:53 pm
They might need a whole fleet of ambulances! 😂😂😂
Can you imagine how many wives will be saying I told you not to play?

LeftyWorld

From the picture I saw a few days ago Atkins destroyed Dover.

Red Devil Dad

The game was a lot of fun to watch.  There were some injuries and there will be a few surgeries required but it raised a lot of money for the schools.  All the guys that participated loved it and most will do it again next year.  I believe the final score was 45 to 14 Atkins. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 29, 2017, 01:15:24 pm
The game was a lot of fun to watch.  There were some injuries and there will be a few surgeries required but it raised a lot of money for the schools.  All the guys that participated loved it and most will do it again next year.  I believe the final score was 45 to 14 Atkins. 
Any fights?

adaptedtigerfan

I'm sure there were a lot of fights....   for air!!!

friscokid

No surprise that Atkins won since those alumni have beaten Dover a lot of times over the years. The Red Devils used to dominate the series, winning 22 of the first 25 meetings (although some of those wins were close). Dover's mixed in more wins since 1999 and more recently has won the last four, but Atkins still leads the rivalry handily.

Red Devil Dad

No fights but they may have exchanged a few words. 

HorseFeathers

Heard the two schools raised close to 10,000 dollars off of this event...

Red Devil Dad

Yes they did.  Dover did beat Atkins in the fund raising. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas