• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clinton @ Junction City

Started by Monsta, November 18, 2017, 12:58:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsta

After A Nail Bitter and 4th Quarter Scare can the Dragons keep it going!!

bleudog

Assuming the refs can keep their hankies in their pockets, this one shouldn't take long to play.

"CLINTON 48,
BENTON HARMONY GROVE 42

CLINTON — Caleb Holman rushed 19 times for 110 yards and 4 touchdowns to lead Clinton (12-0) over Benton Harmony Grove (7-4).

The Yellow Jackets also got 186 yards and 1 touchdown on 23 carries from Weston Amos.

Clinton had 508 yards of total offense with 483 coming on the ground on 63 attempts.

Hunter Hilson accounted for 5 of Harmony Grove's 6 touchdowns, throwing for 4 and rushing for another. Hilson had 241 yards passing on 19 of 28 attempts with 2 interceptions."

Monsta

Yea they try to run it down people's throats and if it's one thing Jc is very good it and it's stopping the Run This Should be interesting

dragondad

Cal Preps has it;  Junction City 35 - Clinton 28

USA Today has it;  Junction City 35 - Clinton 28

dragondad has it;  Junction City 52 - Clinton 21

panther07

Don't think you can beat JC at their own game..   Can't push them around.  JC big.

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2017, 10:02:44 am
Assuming the refs can keep their hankies in their pockets, this one shouldn't take long to play.

"CLINTON 48,
BENTON HARMONY GROVE 42

CLINTON — Caleb Holman rushed 19 times for 110 yards and 4 touchdowns to lead Clinton (12-0) over Benton Harmony Grove (7-4).

The Yellow Jackets also got 186 yards and 1 touchdown on 23 carries from Weston Amos.

Clinton had 508 yards of total offense with 483 coming on the ground on 63 attempts.

Hunter Hilson accounted for 5 of Harmony Grove's 6 touchdowns, throwing for 4 and rushing for another. Hilson had 241 yards passing on 19 of 28 attempts with 2 interceptions."

Think I'm going with bleu on this.....

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2017, 10:02:44 am

"CLINTON 48,
BENTON HARMONY GROVE 42

Haskell Harmony Grove, and Caleb Bowman*

ESPNAnalyst44

What all of you don't seem to know is that Clinton is fully capable of throwing the ball down the field. For a sophomore Amos of Clinton has real talent I would put against any Quaterback his age in the state. I've got Clinton in this one 42-35.

beach bum

Quote from: ESPNAnalyst44 on November 18, 2017, 10:37:36 pm
What all of you don't seem to know is that Clinton is fully capable of throwing the ball down the field. For a sophomore Amos of Clinton has real talent I would put against any Quaterback his age in the state. I've got Clinton in this one 42-35.

Huh??  ???

ESPNAnalyst44

November 18, 2017, 11:33:14 pm #9 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:38:24 pm by ESPNAnalyst44
Quote from: beach bum on November 18, 2017, 11:15:14 pm
Huh??  ???

Just look up the name Weston Amos and watch a few hudl highlights. But really his talent isn't even half way shown I guarantee you if we was at any school other than clinton you would know his name very well. The coaches at Clinton have never really understood the concept of throwing the football.

BigBrother

All In

Pretty sure the Clinton coaches understand the concept of throwing. It's hard to win two 7 on 7 tournaments over the summer against teams teams like Pine Bluff and Marion while running the ball... since it's against the rules. I guess they just tossed up jump balls to their 5' 4" receivers, with no concept of the passing game, and got lucky. Some people don't pay attention or do their homework before they speak.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ESPNAnalyst44 on November 18, 2017, 11:33:14 pm
Just look up the name Weston Amos and watch a few hudl highlights. But really his talent isn't even half way shown I guarantee you if we was at any school other than clinton you would know his name very well. The coaches at Clinton have never really understood the concept of throwing the football.
why would you throw it when you can run for 483 yards on the ground, so much less room for error if you don't have to throw the ball.

dragondad

Quote from: ESPNAnalyst44 on November 18, 2017, 10:37:36 pm

Can they throw it as well as Harding Academy, because they won't rush for anywhere near 483 against JC.

Paperman

Hey Dragondad! Great comeback win for your kids! How is your son doing! I wish your kids the best against the Jackets!

dragondad

Quote from: Paperman on November 19, 2017, 07:42:28 am
Hey Dragondad! Great comeback win for your kids! How is your son doing! I wish your kids the best against the Jackets!

Youngest missed the game he was out sick all week, wouldnt have seen the field in that game anyway.  Others are doing well, oldest is 2 years into his enlistment with USMC, another one leaves for Army Basic training on Tuesday and CJ is at SAU getting ready for track season.

Paperman

Awesome! Thanks for the update! Be blessed my friend

cuz

Quote from: All In on November 19, 2017, 12:02:03 am
Pretty sure the Clinton coaches understand the concept of throwing. It's hard to win two 7 on 7 tournaments over the summer against teams teams like Pine Bluff and Marion while running the ball... since it's against the rules. I guess they just tossed up jump balls to their 5' 4" receivers, with no concept of the passing game, and got lucky. Some people don't pay attention or do their homework before they speak.
Quote from: ESPNAnalyst44 on November 18, 2017, 11:33:14 pm
I think y'all done got these two newbs all stirred up and hurt their feelings. Now apologize...😂

Monsta

Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2017, 08:44:14 am
I think y'all done got these two newbs all stirred up and hurt their feelings. Now apologize...😂
if they can't take the heat they need to stay out of the kitchen

THA TRUTH

Clinton is about to find out just how inferior they are as a program... 12-0 against the weakest of competition that has prolly ever been schedule for a 3a team lol please say u will beat Jc so I can have some fun on here

dragondad

Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2017, 08:44:14 am

Who knew that Yellow Jackets were cannibals?

Monsta

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 19, 2017, 09:26:12 am
Clinton is about to find out just how inferior they are as a program... 12-0 against the weakest of competition that has prolly ever been schedule for a 3a team lol please say u will beat Jc so I can have some fun on here
Nobody Is That Bold

ISU7

The purple team from the south beats the purple team from the north.
JC by 5

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ISU7 on November 19, 2017, 10:29:06 am
The purple team from the south beats the purple team from the north.
JC by 5
what 😂😂

Jimbo Morphis

He said the rednecks will beat the hillbillies.

cuz

November 19, 2017, 01:38:46 pm #25 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:40:51 pm by cuz
Quote from: Oldman on November 19, 2017, 01:02:39 pm
He said the rednecks will beat the hillbillies.
That's layman's terms.....😂

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Monsta on November 18, 2017, 12:00:08 pm
Yea they try to run it down people's throats and if it's one thing Jc is very good it and it's stopping the Run This Should be interesting
But they haven't seen a running attack like Clinton's.

LOL!

Just copying some of the posts I've seen on other threads this year.

Ba$ketballFan54321

I was surprised to see the JC and HA score be so close. Clinton has had a great season but I expect the Dragons to take care of business in this one.

bleudog

Wouldn't Clinton be the Fightin' Hil-Bill-ies?

Monsta

Where are the Clinton Faithfuls, I need some entertainment tonight  :D ;D

BannerMountainMan

I have been a Clinton poster for awhile now  and I will say it's been a fun season! Good luck to both teams.

Dragon I

Well........the Clinton faithful have killed the joy of trash talking.  I hope you're all happy with yourselves.  That or they don't have internet in Clinton.......

ESPNAnalyst44

When I said the Clinton coaches didn't understand the concept of passing I didn't mean that they have no knowledge of X's and O's, what I'm saying is they never throw the ball when it comes game day regardless of their teams running capabilities. They would rather run a wing t with the same fullback gut plays over and over. They have very little dynamic. As far as Weston Amos is concerned I'm not Weston. I'm just an observer of the game that has watched him grow as a player. I don't think there is any other sophomore quarterback in the state than runs a 4.5 forty yard dash, and who can throw strikes on a consistent basis even while being pressured. Call me crazy I'm just speaking my mind on a forum made for opinion.

Dragon I

4.5 forty............

And we're off!  First rule of lying Mr. Amos, make it believable.

dragondad

Quote from: ESPNAnalyst44 on November 19, 2017, 08:20:58 pm
When I said the Clinton coaches didn't understand the concept of passing I didn't mean that they have no knowledge of X's and O's, what I'm saying is they never throw the ball when it comes game day regardless of their teams running capabilities. They would rather run a wing t with the same fullback gut plays over and over. They have very little dynamic. As far as Weston Amos is concerned I'm not Weston. I'm just an observer of the game that has watched him grow as a player. I don't think there is any other sophomore quarterback in the state than runs a 4.5 forty yard dash, and who can throw strikes on a consistent basis even while being pressured. Call me crazy I'm just speaking my mind on a forum made for opinion.

Sounds like a great athlete,  I'm proud of my sons as well.

BannerMountainMan

I have a few good feelings I know who EpsnAnalist is

dragondad

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=174468269803547&id=127309331186108

Dragons 92 offensive snaps vs Harding Academy a new state record for offensive plays in a game. 3rd most nationally according to NFHS Network

bleudog

Coach Jones

Clinton beat JC in the 4x100 relay at State last year.  They do have some speed.  I know that has little to do with Football, but just saying

Dragon I

Never said they didn't.  We've hashed this out before on here.  One of the fastest kids we've seen come through JC and played safety at the SEC level ran a high 4.6 after lots of training at the college level.  High school 40's are exaggerated.

cuz

Quote from: Coach Jones on November 19, 2017, 09:24:25 pm
Clinton beat JC in the 4x100 relay at State last year.  They do have some speed.  I know that has little to do with Football, but just saying
Track speed and fully padded are different animals, just saying....

bleudog

November 19, 2017, 09:49:04 pm #41 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:08:37 pm by bleudog
Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2017, 09:35:26 pm
Track speed and fully padded are different animals, just saying....

Cuz, I agree, but I would be more motivated if I were being chased.   :o
But then again, in my case, being chased would be about the only reason I would run.  ;D

Quote from: Coach Jones on November 19, 2017, 09:24:25 pm

Coach Jones, I don't know much about track, but didn't one of the JC state relay teams smoke the race but got disqualified for a bad hand off or transfer or whatever they call it?

dragondad

November 19, 2017, 09:57:12 pm #42 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:17:33 pm by dragondad
Quote from: bleudog on November 19, 2017, 09:49:04 pm
Cuz, I agree, but I would be more motivated if I were being chased.   :o
But then again, in my case, being chased would be about the only reason I would run.  ;D

Coach Jones, I don't know much about track, but didn't one of the JC state relay teams smoke the race but got disqualified for a bad hand off or transfer or whatever they call it?

Our 4x100 team got DQ'd

CJ won the 100, 200, Long Jump, and 2nd in tripple jump.

JC placed 4th with 51 pts,  of which CJ accounted for 38, Tez Brown had 10 (1st place high jump), and Taylon Dixon had 3pts

Junction won Regionals in 4x100 with a 43.74, and had the fastest time in prelim at state,  DQ'd in finals.

Clinton won State in 4x100 with a 43.72 prelim and a 43.62 Final.

BannerMountainMan

I think Clinton fans and JC fans are both especially upset, from Clinton playing in weak conf and for JC almost losing to HA, gonna be a toss up game I believe

dragondad

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 19, 2017, 10:44:59 pm
I think Clinton fans and JC fans are both especially upset, from Clinton playing in weak conf and for JC almost losing to HA, gonna be a toss up game I believe

Almost losing is still winning,  I'm good with 1 over or 50 over.

Dragon I

JC set a record for total offensive plays and almost 600 yards of offense.  If they could cut the penalties by 75%, they would be all set.  If not, the semis will be the end of the road. 

cuz

November 20, 2017, 07:52:59 am #46 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:59:09 am by cuz
Quote from: Dragon I on November 19, 2017, 11:33:23 pm
JC set a record for total offensive plays and almost 600 yards of offense.  If they could cut the penalties by 75%, they would be all set.  If not, the semis will be the end of the road.
In High School Football a penalty could be called every play. JC's problem seems that they receive about 95 percent of them. If your going to call them, call them on both teams. It won't be that one sided. Now JC does have a tendency to get some very stupid PF's but the coaches have been addressing that problem so maybe that won't be a issue. If the games called right JC will walk away with this one.....

Monsta

Write it down screen shot it do what you have to do but NOBODY IS GOING TO COME TO JC AND JUST RUN THE FOOTBALL AND DARE THEM TO STOP IT

ESPNAnalyst44

With Bowman as a reliable fullback, Davidson a really hard nosed player that will put anyone in the grass at Running back. In combination with the two shifty and quick drake twins. All while having a Quarterback that put up almost 200 yards on the ground almost averaging 10 yards per carry. Junction city might have a good run defense but Clinton has depth. I'll be very impressed if Junction City can shut Clinton down.

Monsta

Quote from: ESPNAnalyst44 on November 20, 2017, 08:59:18 am
With Bowman as a reliable fullback, Davidson a really hard nosed player that will put anyone in the grass at Running back. In combination with the two shifty and quick drake twins. All while having a Quarterback that put up almost 200 yards on the ground almost averaging 10 yards per carry. Junction city might have a good run defense but Clinton has depth. I'll be very impressed if Junction City can shut Clinton down.
well don't meet me there beat me there junction city Friday Night at 7

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas