• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest at Mayflower

Started by redandgray, November 18, 2017, 12:11:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on November 19, 2017, 02:52:39 pm
Mayflower defense will have its hand full Friday night slowing RC down.  I'm actually a little concerned about Rivercrest defense getting enough to stops. I'm still holding out hope that real #7 is allowed to be back onto the field or that #1 is really going to play Friday.  No disrespect to the players who has stepped up and played hard and good, but it's week 13 were good is usually not good enough.  #finishdamission
#1 and #3 will be too quick for Colts linebackers.imo

Coltfan2005

If they are, then so be it. The kids who have been disciplined all year, kept their grades, and played their hearts out deserve a chance.

luxora4life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2017, 07:32:40 pm
If they are, then so be it. The kids who have been disciplined all year, kept their grades, and played their hearts out deserve a chance.

That exactly what I believe.  And that would include #7.  IMO he has been discipline/ in time out  ;D way to long.  If I'm the coach, after the principal punishment ended, the player would have been back at practice.  Paying the price for missing practice/ game, maybe miss the following game.  Reset button.  But that's just me.  Working with trouble kids daily from sun up to sun down made me see that pushing a wayward kids away is the easiest thing an adults can do.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: luxora4life on November 19, 2017, 07:53:39 pm
That exactly what I believe.  And that would include #7.  IMO he has been discipline/ in time out  ;D way to long.  If I'm the coach, after the principal punishment ended, the player would have been back at practice.  Paying the price for missing practice/ game, maybe miss the following game.  Reset button.  But that's just me.  Working with trouble kids daily from sun up to sun down made me see that pushing a wayward kids away is the easiest thing an adults can do.

Everything you say makes sense and is right. But I feel for the kids who stayed the straight and narrow, giving the team everything. Is it fair to them to bring him back just because you might lose? Maybe this should have been decided 2 weeks ago, maybe not. Maybe the coaches should allow the team to decide. I just don't know.

luxora4life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2017, 09:55:59 pm
Everything you say makes sense and is right. But I feel for the kids who stayed the straight and narrow, giving the team everything. Is it fair to them to bring him back just because you might lose? Maybe this should have been decided 2 weeks ago, maybe not. Maybe the coaches should allow the team to decide. I just don't know.

Just a tough situation that the player put himself, the team, and the coach in.  I just think there is/was away to make this right for the good of the WHOLE TEAM.  There is no "I" in team when things are going good nor bad.  Go Colts!

We better not lose Friday.   :D #finishdajob.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2017, 07:32:40 pm
agree 8)

ISU7

Quote from: bootlegger on November 19, 2017, 03:42:31 pm
does anyone know how many times rivercrest and mayflower have played in the playoffs and what are the records
I only know of the first round game at RC in 2010 Colts won 54-25 and finished the year 15-0.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: eaglecd on November 19, 2017, 08:59:04 am
Oh boy...mayflower only beat Smackover by 7. I guess that solves it. Mayflower was definately overated. Might as well call it a year...pack it in and enjoy your 11 win season. Oh but wait. After further research i just happened to look at at other scores from the 3A. See the Junction city and Charleston games. Wins by 5 points and 1 point over lowely 2A teams that Mayflower beat. I guess those two teams are overated. I think not!
I'll agree that MF is overrated....on defense.  Quit bringing up regular season BS.  Everybody steps their game up come playoff time.  This game could go either way with a score similar to the Smackover game.

ISU7

Quote from: eaglecd on November 19, 2017, 08:59:04 am
Oh boy...mayflower only beat Smackover by 7. I guess that solves it. Mayflower was definately overated. Might as well call it a year...pack it in and enjoy your 11 win season. Oh but wait. After further research i just happened to look at at other scores from the 3A. See the Junction city and Charleston games. Wins by 5 points and 1 point over lowely 2A teams that Mayflower beat. I guess those two teams are overated. I think not!
Were you high when you wrote this. Why would 3A play 2A in the playoffs. Take a nap kid. lol

bootlegger

Quote from: luxora4life on November 19, 2017, 10:16:37 pm
Just a tough situation that the player put himself, the team, and the coach in.  I just think there is/was away to make this right for the good of the WHOLE TEAM.  There is no "I" in team when things are going good nor bad.  Go Colts!

it appears that if a rivercrest player breaks team rules he will have to sit out the remainder of the year or does that happen depending on the team rule he breaks?just curious how it works.

eaglecd

Oh I apologize for the typo. It should have been 2-3A. After all I am just a kid. I think I will go take my Midol and take a nap!  ;D

redandgray

Quote from: luxora4life on November 19, 2017, 10:16:37 pm

I was pulling for him to do the right thing and have a great senior year....BUT....he had MULTIPLE chances his sophomore and senior years.  There are consequences for actions.  Just do the right thing and you don't have to worry about things.  Doing whatever you want and then someone trying to take consequences away or lessening them...is just enabling.  The team has had a much better attitude since.  Are we as good without him?  No.  Does that matter when dealing with things? No.  Coaches aren't wrong...school isn't wrong...if anything, he let the rest of his team down.  Now, I pray and hope he has a great rest of his senior year and basketball season....and pray he has great success in life.

luxora4life

Quote from: redandgray on November 20, 2017, 08:22:59 am
I was pulling for him to do the right thing and have a great senior year....BUT....he had MULTIPLE chances his sophomore and senior years.  There are consequences for actions.  Just do the right thing and you don't have to worry about things.  Doing whatever you want and then someone trying to take consequences away or lessening them...is just enabling. The team has had a much better attitude since.  Are we as good without him?  No.  Does that matter when dealing with things? No.  Coaches aren't wrong...school isn't wrong...if anything, he let the rest of his team down.  Now, I pray and hope he has a great rest of his senior year and basketball season....and pray he has great success in life.

Wrong.  It is called Mercy.  Something that is renew daily.

luxora4life

I was pulling for him to do the right thing and have a great senior year....BUT....he had MULTIPLE chances his sophomore and senior years.  There are consequences for actions.  Just do the right thing and you don't have to worry about things.  Doing whatever you want and then someone trying to take consequences away or lessening them...is just enabling.  The team has had a much better attitude since.  Are we as good without him?  No.  Does that matter when dealing with things? No.  Coaches aren't wrong...school isn't wrong...if anything, he let the rest of his team down.  Now, I pray and hope he has a great rest of his senior year and basketball season....and pray he has great success in life.

Wow!  He must really had a negative effect on the Whole Team.   :)

panther07

Quote from: dragondad on November 19, 2017, 09:31:21 am
Wasn't HA missing 7 starters when Mayflower beat them?   I know JC was missing at least 3 starters when they beat Smackover by 22.

PS:  This is 3A, not 2A

18, 4, 11, 52, 83 was hobbled.  Know those for sure.  Too many to remember.

luxora4life

I'm a grown, God-Fearing, Save Man and that is impossible from me to accomplish all the time. So I thank God for Grace and Mercy daily. 

Monsta

ISU7 I Think Your Boys Should Take Care Of Business I'm Going To Say Eagles Get Shot Down, RC by 3

redandgray

Quote from: luxora4life on November 20, 2017, 09:14:12 am
I'm a grown, God-Fearing, Save Man and that is impossible from me to accomplish all the time. So I thank God for Grace and Mercy daily. 
Me too!  But you can't cuss teachers and throw things and act out and threaten employees.  You can't let people do wrong...over and over though and there be no consequences.  You choose your actions...your actions choose your consequences.  You don't get to choose your consequences.  There still must be discipline.  I want the absolute best for the young man...you know this...but football along with extracurricular activities is not a right.  It's a privilege.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: redandgray on November 20, 2017, 10:08:07 am
Me too!  But you can't cuss teachers and throw things and act out and threaten employees.  You can't let people do wrong...over and over though and there be no consequences.  You choose your actions...your actions choose your consequences.  You don't get to choose your consequences.  There still must be discipline.  I want the absolute best for the young man...you know this...but football along with extracurricular activities is not a right.  It's a privilege.
Amen

luxora4life

November 20, 2017, 10:22:52 am #69 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:04:21 am by luxora4life

I'm not picking on you Redandgray, but this is were we (adults) are failing the next generation.  I have sat down and talked with this young man, his parents, and the coach.  This is not about football ONLY and no one is blame the coach, not even the parents.  But, the fact that the coach is using the same punishment that didn't correct the "multiple" chance in the past is a failure on the coach part.   Again, I am not blame the coach for the kid choices, but failing to be willing to use a different method in reaching the kid when the coach allowed him to coming back on the team.  I stated to the Parent and the coach that they both failed the kid by putting the kid back in a situation were his past action would effect the mistake that that both knew the kid would make again.   

CoolBreeze

Quote from: bootlegger on November 18, 2017, 01:01:56 am
i have only seen Mayflower on film but have seen all the rivercrest games and it seems Mayflower is a mostly running team and the colts play the run pretty good so i feel the colts win 35 to 28
It's true that Mayflower runs most of the time. Why pass when you can run the ball down the throat of the opposition, but the Eagle QB has a very high completion rate and at least 2 very good receivers.

redandgray

This will be a tough game for Rivercrest.  Defense will need to play well to give the Colts a chance.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 19, 2017, 10:09:55 am
As much as I want Jc to play mayflower.... I would enjoy seeing that rivercrest ended the paper champs season
Mayflower is no more paper champs than JC. There was a huge drop off in the 6-3A after the top  2, just like in the 2-3A. Yes, McGehee is still playing and Barton is not, but McGehee didn't have to play at Charleston.

Head Lion

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 20, 2017, 11:22:47 am
Mayflower is no more paper champs than JC. There was a huge drop off in the 6-3A after the top  2, just like in the 2-3A. Yes, McGehee is still playing and Barton is not, but McGehee didn't have to play at Charleston.
Don't bring Mcgehee into this. I will offer my opinion though, I think there are several teams left that are about the same. I personally think Mayflower hasn't played anyone and with Smackover playing them close I think Crest handles them this Friday. I hope Mayflower wins in case we do, much easier drive.

beaverfan007

The eagles fly over the colts by 10

woopig123456

MF by 7 with a late 4th quarter score.

Buckaroofan68

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 20, 2017, 01:12:45 am
I'll agree that MF is overrated....on defense.  Quit bringing up regular season BS.  Everybody steps their game up come playoff time.  This game could go either way with a score similar to the Smackover game.
We all know that they could've just had a bad game.

Coltfan2005

Ghost of Colts52

No disrespect towards Smackover but they aren't the same power they have been in the past few years. Watching on film I believe the colts should win by 3TDs or more.  You never know though. These are high school kids. If rivercrest was healthy, they would mercy rule mayflower

Buckaroofan68

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on November 20, 2017, 02:51:27 pm
No disrespect towards Smackover but they aren't the same power they have been in the past few years. Watching on film I believe the colts should win by 3TDs or more.  You never know though. These are high school kids. If rivercrest was healthy, they would mercy rule mayflower
Woah Now I don't think anyone can just mercy rule the eagles

Coltfan2005

If Smackover can score that many points on Mayflower, Rivercrest (if healthy and playing Colt ball) should put up quite a few themselves. Mayflower has speed, but I don't think the linebackers can cut off the outside. I watched Mayflower play four times and I also think they are going to have a HUGE problem with the Colt QB. Mayflower's offense is no joke and they will score some points. It is all going to come down to which defense steps up and stops the running game of their opponents. I honestly think Mayflower will be playing a better team this week and the best one they have played all year. But Mayflower is at home and those boys look really hungry.

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: Buckaroofan68 on November 20, 2017, 03:17:33 pm
Woah Now I don't think anyone can just mercy rule the eagles

I didn't think someone could beat Prescott like Osceola did. I believe the 3-3a may be in a class of their own as the top is concerned. Luckily, all of our questions will be answered Friday.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 20, 2017, 11:22:47 am

McGehee isn't Barton and could very well be the last team standing

ISU7

Quote from: Monsta on November 20, 2017, 09:17:44 am
ISU7 I Think Your Boys Should Take Care Of Business I'm Going To Say Eagles Get Shot Down, RC by 3
Yes sir.

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on November 20, 2017, 10:19:06 am
Amen
The young man was suspended for five days. There's been times when players got in trouble and they only missed the first half of the game. But then im just a fan.
Go Colts

ISU7

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ISU7 on November 20, 2017, 07:11:36 pm
The young man was suspended for five days. There's been times when players got in trouble and they only missed the first half of the game. But then im just a fan.
Go Colts

In ISP?

Coltfan2005

ISU7

bootlegger

The last time Rivercrest played Mayfower in 2010 playoffs the colts quarterback was Demoine Brown this years Quarterback is his younger brother Demilion Brown,that year the colts went on to win state.I hope his little brother can do the same.   Go Colts 

woopig123456

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 20, 2017, 02:42:49 pm
Reasoning?

I've watched both teams play and I honestly feel like Mayflower is the better team.

panther07

Quote from: bootlegger on November 21, 2017, 07:54:16 am
The last time Rivercrest played Mayfower in 2010 playoffs the colts quarterback was Demoine Brown this years Quarterback is his younger brother Demilion Brown,that year the colts went on to win state.I hope his little brother can do the same.   Go Colts

Demoine was special.  Hate his time at HU was cut short.  Could go on the bball floor too. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 20, 2017, 05:48:17 pm

McGehee isn't Barton and could very well be the last team standing
LOL!

Hog Fan

The Mayflower V. Smackover game was one of the best high school football games I have ever seen! If the Razorbacks played as hard as those teams played last Friday night, they wouldn't be 4-7 this year! 

Rivercrest V. Mayflower will be a great HS football game! The teams seem to be very similar on both sides of the ball. Both teams have size, strength and elusive type of speed. Both defenses seem to swarm to the ball! 

While I think the game will be very close at times, I think the Eagles will end up winning by 10 points!

Hog Fan

Quote from: BigNasty70 on November 18, 2017, 11:50:24 pm
While I don't agree with the 28 point win I do think MF will win this one. Smackover was just what that team needed to see that they weren't just gonna waltz in the the playoffs and win like they have against the other teams they had to play. With that behind them I'll say MF wins by a score (maybe two)

Smackover was a good football team! Both teams fought very hard!

I hate using common opponents, however, did Bald Knob play Rivercrest close?

When Mayflower spreads the field, the team speed may be too much for Rivercrest!

Eagles by 10!

Paperman

luxora4life

Quote from: Hog Fan on November 21, 2017, 12:33:38 pm

When Mayflower spreads the field, the team speed may be too much for Rivercrest!

Eagles by 10!

;)

Ghost of Colts52

Eagles by 10!

Mayflower will lose by 20. The colts are a much better football team defensively. Mayflower will not be able to stop Rivercrest. I think it'll be like 55-28ish. Mayflower is good enough to score but not good enough to win

Coltfan2005

Eagles by 10!

the reserves allowed Bald Knob to score late. It was NOT a close game. Unbelievable that you thought a game with no defense on either side was the best game you ever saw. If you think Rivercrest will be too slow, you are in  for a big shock.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas