• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 2 of play-off marked tree at Mout ida

Started by Chensley23, November 11, 2017, 01:45:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Do you really think that made a difference in a mercy rule game

M.I. D

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 18, 2017, 09:34:04 am
It didn't rain that much if dust still flew everywhere else.
Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 18, 2017, 09:34:04 am
It didn't rain that much if dust still flew everywhere else.

As I walk in my yard 2 miles from the football field there is no dust flying. None in my driveway either.

birddawg1986

Oh no MI would have won. Very good team just playing surface sucked. Look liked the whole 1062 people who lived in MI took there boots and drove their heels into the ground. One small rain didn't do that much damage

ThreadWatcher

Never understood the whole field conditions gripe. Both teams have to play offense on the same field. And guess what.......Both teams have to play defense on that same exact field! Oh yea, don't forget about special teams, they don't get special treatment either. What I'm saying is, it's all played on the same field for both teams. Where's the advantage/disadvantage? I think the best team wins that makes those sometimes game time adjustments the best (most of the time!)

mtindian42

we got beat... were going home and ida is moving on...congrats and good luck the rest of the way.

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 18, 2017, 10:00:38 am
Oh no MI would have won. Very good team just playing surface sucked. Look liked the whole 1062 people who lived in MI took there boots and drove their heels into the ground. One small rain didn't do that much damage
You must not understand, Mount Ida has kicked alot of tail on that field this year! I guess MTs field is in excellent condition for this time of year? I can see why after last night. Mount Ida plays a different kind of football than MT. It's called winning football, smash mouth football, skull dragging football! I'll hang up and listen.

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 18, 2017, 10:11:24 am
we got beat... were going home and ida is moving on...congrats and good luck the rest of the way.
Appreciate that mtindian42. I like what y'all are doing at 42 sports. Very nice job! Now, your personal page, I can no longer follow, sorry. I know that you are a fan just like the rest of us, but I can't handle the personal stuff. You shouldn't tag those players, setting them up for disappointment like that.

FilmCrew

Go ahead and Google up Marked Tree staduim. I'm sure you will see it isn't the Taj Mahal of 2A Football stadiums. So if you were disappointed in our field you must be really unhappy every week.

I think you are trying to make an excuse for why your lil boys took a beat down. Maybe spend a little more time teaching sportsmanship and discipline.

Enjoy your basketball season!

mtindian42

Quote from: ThreadWatcher on November 18, 2017, 10:19:33 am
Appreciate that mtindian42. I like what y'all are doing at 42 sports. Very nice job! Now, your personal page, I can no longer follow, sorry. I know that you are a fan just like the rest of us, but I can't handle the personal stuff. You shouldn't tag those players, setting them up for disappointment like that.
that's fine. I thought we could run with yall...that's why I did that. had I known we could not I would not have did that...I understand tho youre stance...good luck going forward...

M.I. D

It was 56-6 at half time. We could have played at razorback stadium and it wouldn't have mattered.

mtindian42

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 18, 2017, 10:35:30 am
mtindian42,shame on you for trying to motivate them kids to go play the #1 team in the class. Seriously? Wow.
us against the world was the way it seemed...and after the outcome those folks wasn't wrong...we took it on the chin bout like everyone said would happen...motivation doesn't always work sometimes it does work tho...we moving on from this...lots to learn for the Indians from this...LOTS!

fleaflicker24

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 17, 2017, 08:08:27 pm
I guess the un-sportsman like activities are accepted in Marked Tree...

If you are getting your butt kicked then act like a fool!!

Wether their getting their butt kicked or kicking somebody's butt is more like it!! 😆 MI on the other hand kicks butt!! The right way!!

ThreadWatcher

I don't blame anyone for trying to motivate their team, there is nothing wrong with it. I've done it myself, it's the way you do it that crosses the line sometimes. Those players from MT, in my opinion, didn't need any outside distraction during the week. I don't know any of them personally but it seemed like they came into the game with a chip on their shoulder which come across as unsportsmanlike. I would hope that no player in Arkansas pays too much attention to what is said on Fearless cuz I will admit alot of it is nonsense. As a matter of fact, if I were a Coach I would recommend players not even participate in it because it has nothing to do with what is played out on the field, court, etc.

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 18, 2017, 10:45:28 am
us against the world was the way it seemed...and after the outcome those folks wasn't wrong...we took it on the chin bout like everyone said would happen...motivation doesn't always work sometimes it does work tho...we moving on from this...lots to learn for the Indians from this...LOTS!
I know the "us against the World" feeling all too well. I don't know about other Mt Ida fans, but I felt it in 2007 against Bearden. Not a good feeling when no one is giving your team the respect that you feel they deserve. The outcome was so worth it tho, the best game I've ever been in attendance.
I will try to end by saying 42 Sports is doing an awesome job with their page and I appreciate everyone involved for their time and effort. I love small town football where these kids give their heart and soul alot of times on both sides of the ball. Simply amazing! Keep up the good work 42 Sports!

mtindian42

Quote from: ThreadWatcher on November 18, 2017, 12:08:51 pm
I know the "us against the World" feeling all too well. I don't know about other Mt Ida fans, but I felt it in 2007 against Bearden. Not a good feeling when no one is giving your team the respect that you feel they deserve. The outcome was so worth it tho, the best game I've ever been in attendance.
I will try to end by saying 42 Sports is doing an awesome job with their page and I appreciate everyone involved for their time and effort. I love small town football where these kids give their heart and soul alot of times on both sides of the ball. Simply amazing! Keep up the good work 42 Sports!
Thank you!

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 18, 2017, 11:58:41 am
What did he do? These kids read these boards come on now. Coaches can't be everywhere.kids will be kids. I personally didn't find any fault in it.he never said one word out of line about anyone from Mount Ida.he just used Score predictions is all.
There may not be anything wrong with it to some it just rubbed me the wrong way. Tagging players in a fb post so that they have to see it. Let the players see it for themselves if they want. I know that players peak at Fearless and some get involved. Just seemed like it was stirring the pot at a different level. Like I said, I may not agree with the whole social media stuff and it may be a fault of mine. I may also have too much old school blood in me!

jsw6f0

Birdawg did the wet field slow down the MT runners?

birddawg1986

Lots slipping and sliding. Any spread team would of had issues. MI runs straight head so doesn't bother that type of offense. We could not stop MI offemse. They are really good

mr.gametime

Quote from: Lionsquatch on November 17, 2017, 10:33:18 pm
The Marked Tree coach warned the Mount Ida coach that no matter who he put in they will not listen to him and will try to start something. I played under Coach White and I know he coaches nothing but respect. If you aren't shown respect from the other team how can you expect someone to show respect back? I thought MI players had great willpower to hold back. Some MT players did too though and I will acknowledge that

😂😂😂😂.... i call B.S on this post

FilmCrew

tacklethis...

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 18, 2017, 08:53:07 am
Mt Ida has a really good football team. They will definitely be a tuff out. I was really expecting this place to be really nice but was really crappy. The lights were horrible and the field was soaked due to water sprinkers being on during the week to cause poor field conditions. You could walk to the sidelines and kick dust. Last time I seen something this bad was at Turrell before the closed. It will definitely be worth the trip to LR in a couple weeks to see that Mt Ida/Earle game on that turf.

Why would the number 1 team in the state and defending state champs water the field against Marked Tree?

couch-coach06

shah_guido_g

FilmCrew

Remember Mount Ida's first team defense did not play in the second 1/2....so I'm sure some of those yards were in the second 1/2...

doctor in the house

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 20, 2017, 04:47:20 pm
Final stats for this one is pretty interesting. Total yards was MT 211 and Mt Ida 208. Coleman ran for 186 yards on 15 carries.He also had 2tds.Mt was able to turn Mt Ida over 2 times,Coleman in the first half ran for  8-122 a Td and a fumble. Looks as if tho the difference in this game was Mt kept giving Mt Ida a short field and it got away from them early.booker had a horrific night. 4 of 10 passing for 40 yards and 2 ints. He also was held to -38 yards on 9 attempts. I knew wasn't no one going to stop Paul Coleman it was a forgone conclusion he would get his.4 turnovers was MTs undoing in this one.

The short field is what prevented Mt. Ida from gaining 400+ yards...

M.I. D

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 20, 2017, 11:45:04 pm
Maybe so,I would love to see how that game would of went had MT not turned it over,It would have been a lot closer. I think with the truth now reviled about this game that CHG will beat Mt Ida or Earle.MT moved the ball and then turned it over.had Booker had a good game passing MT could have won this game.cause they had guys wide open all night just could not get the ball to them.

Mount Ida could have started on the MT one yard line and scored every drive. I'm always nice to people on here even in the face of non intelligence but to say it could have been different is a very non accurate statement. Isn't it time for y'all to focus on B Ball and not troll Mount Ida posts.

M.I. D

Lots of things could happen. What's said on Fearless Friday has zero bearing on any of it.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I'm not sure where those yardage totals for Marked tree came from, but Hootens says Ida's first team defense only gave up 90 total yards, that sounds more likely than those inflated tree numbers.

BlueNGold52

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 21, 2017, 05:46:28 am
The film tells the story.Its not as bad as you would first think seeing the score,MT imploded from the jump,Their was only one guy that came to play that's Paul Coleman.They was not use to that big of stage,a passing team that's is used to the big lights will end mt Idas season. No other running back will be able to do what Coleman was able to do to them, he is the best in 2A and proved it by running on mt Ida. That's one tough defense for sure.

You could be right the key however is to remember that to pass enough to beat Mount Ida you have to keep your QB upright and your receivers better get ready to catch the ball and get lit up because Mount Ida's safety and CB's will take your head off if its anywhere close to you if a bad throw is made they will catch it for you. But with all that said you might be right. I would tend to believe that type game would come down to stopping Mount Ida's run game and thats a big IF.

HatfieldHog

Well, I was at the game, and it was obvious from the beginning that Mt. Ida was physically bigger and stronger than Marked Tree.

These "stats" are useless because MI played its 2nd team the entire 2nd half.  Had MI's 1st team played the 2nd half, the final score would have been 77-6!

See ya

FilmCrew

Paul Coleman will not get anymore yards this season...

The reason the "pass" game imploded had nothing to do with bright lights/big stage and more to do with their quarter back running for his life. I don't need film to see how this game went. I don't know if Foreman's running back is any less of an athlete than Coleman but I know he struggled to run most of the night. Sometimes the best defense is a better offense and I'm sure it has been proven they can handle themselves on that side of the ball.

I guess we will see how they do against a passing team this week. I know how they did against them last year. If I had to guess it will end about the same.

Good luck to Mr. Coleman on the hardwood.

FilmCrew

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2017, 12:58:18 am
I'm not sure where those yardage totals for Marked tree came from, but Hootens says Ida's first team defense only gave up 90 total yards, that sounds more likely than those inflated tree numbers.

Pick I agree with you..this must be a old style of yardage keeping. Something that only Legitimate Contender understands. I have Coleman with somewhere around 80 at half. I will say this..I think they had more penalties than they had yards rushing. Can you figure that up for me LC?

I guess they don't play under lights in MT or they are brighter in Mount Ida (joke right there)  I guess we will have to agree to disagree but this team was way over matched. I don't care if they turned the ball over, started fights or if Coleman was comfortable getting 78 yards the first half. Great teams rise this time of year and others play dirty to hide their inefficiencies.I appreciate and enjoy your thoughts and breakdown on the team.

bdubyab60

I guess it math guys.

Let's say Coleman had 128 yards, the QB had -38 yards. Wouldn't that be 90 yards of total offense.

Plus unless hooties has someone at the game they are getting a lot of second hand info. Some of these hometown stat keepers tend to err on the extra for the home team lol I mean if the refs hadn't of blown that whistle so soon he would have had that extra 3 yards so why not give to em

whoknows

Hootens said starting defense...2 of marked trees come in the 2nd half against back ups...only score in the first half was a kick off return (pick called that)...but the total could have been over 200 maybe if you count the yards against the back ups....

FilmCrew

Well the Mount Ida Lions made him and Marked Tree look average. I think holding a playoff team to less than 90 yards (before the subs were put in) made them look pretty silly. I think  a 34 point win in the playoffs makes a team look pretty silly. A team getting an un-sportsman like flag running off the field at half time makes a team look pretty silly.

I guess if you hang your hat on one run over a period of a game making someone look silly...then there are a lot silly teams on this board including Marked Tree... I'm sure Mount Ida enjoys looking silly while still playing football and Marked Tree playing basketball.

Legitimate Contender, I have no results of our monsters from the basketball court last night.. Sir, we are still playing silly football.

ThreadWatcher

I didn't think the madness would ever end! Thank goodness it is now over!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas