• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 2 of play-off marked tree at Mout ida

Started by Chensley23, November 11, 2017, 01:45:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 15, 2017, 09:40:47 pm
Panther07,Actually that's the best example of wanting it more.Tyson was ask a couple years after that fight why Douglas won,His Answer? "Cause he wanted it more then me"🤔
lol  :o

mtindian42

Quote from: doctor in the house on November 15, 2017, 08:30:22 pm
I think that if Mt. Ida holds on to the ball they will score 30+ so the big question to me is- Can Marked Tree do the same vs a very good  MI defense?
Congrats to Marked Tree on a very good season and wishes to all for safe travels this Friday night!
maybe maybe not...that's why we play the games tho to find these things out...hopefully the Indians will want it more Friday night and come out and play wining football...thank you for the wishes...

lionsdad

Quote from: Eaglefan70 on November 14, 2017, 01:45:41 pm
It is fun and all fighting for your team.  A real die hard fan but realistically Ida is just too disciplined and too big.  Marked Tree has a great offense but Ida will slowly wear you down and have you tired.  Conway Christian played them last year and they ran it all over us.  Their D line is very good and linebackers fill holes quickly.  The prized passing game of Conway Christian was also no match to this Mt Ida defense.  Coaches have done a great job with Mt. Ida and they take this one by 21.
This is one of the most sensible quotes from an opponent that has actually played Mount Ida. Until you've seen it, played against , you have no clue. Mount Ida 48- 14.

whoknows

Legacy Lion

Quote from: Legacy Lion on November 15, 2017, 07:41:07 pm
You're right.  I hope I don't brag too much. Just proud of them boys! If I thought this loose talk  would give them the fat head, I would not do it. But they have shown themselves to be exceptionally able to focus on the task at hand, credit goes to them and their coach(es).  This is a special team and a special time. If they stay humble.  And I think they will.

Game day! It's finally here! MT fans it's been fun chatting with you, all of this good-natured back and forth. In all seriousness, we know you guys have a good team  and great fan support. We appreciate you. Because without YOU, WE would not have a game!  So welcome to the beautiful Ouachita mountains and safe travels!  Lord willing, will check back here with you after the game.

Hatchet

M.I. D

Everyone from Marked Tree have a safe trip.

doctor in the house

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 15, 2017, 10:52:40 pm
maybe maybe not...that's why we play the games tho to find these things out...hopefully the Indians will want it more Friday night and come out and play wining football...thank you for the wishes...

I do agree with your "maybe maybe not", you gotta play the game and turnovers can ruin the best game plan...
I am sure that your Indians want it bad but they can't want it any more... Coach has our kids ready to play, all I have heard this week from our players is that "MT is really good and we have to be ready to play!"

PS.. MI concession stand food is really good so I would not bother eating in Hot Springs.. Best parking for the visitors is below the stadium just off the highway :)

Champ74

cheesecake

I hear that ida rb slipped and fell at home last night and broke his arm?

M.I. D

Quote from: cheesecake on November 17, 2017, 01:37:42 pm
I hear that ida rb slipped and fell at home last night and broke his arm?

Sure did. He's still got another one

Ghostof64

Quote from: M.I. D on November 17, 2017, 01:54:17 pm

There is 4-5 of them which one do you mean?

Sure did. He's still got another one

whoknows

If I'm not too busy at work I'll try listening to the Mt. Ida broadcast and posting some updates on here...

lionsdad

lionsdad

21-0. If somebody only told you. MT don't want it at all.

whoknows

Sorry just got free at work 28-0 Mt. Ida...don't think you guys need updates lol

FilmCrew

I guess the un-sportsman like activities are accepted in Marked Tree...

If you are getting your butt kicked then act like a fool!!

panther07

Hatchet

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 17, 2017, 08:08:27 pm
I guess the un-sportsman like activities are accepted in Marked Tree...

If you are getting your butt kicked then act like a fool!!
Thats their Motto

lionsdad

Get on the bus. 56-6 12.6 to go in the first half. Let sleeping dogs (Lions) lie.

SAUAlum

52-7 wasn't that far off after all, which there is still a half to play lol

lionsdad

FilmCrew

I have never seen a team get a penalty walking off the field... Stay Classy MT...Stay Classy

Legacy Lion

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 17, 2017, 08:27:16 pm
Well no shocker here it's not like Mt Ida was the underdogs lol.MT is getting drummed by the better team,MT had a great year by their standards but,this goes to show their not ready to compete with the best in the class.
[/quot
LC, I'm not gonna rub it in, but what do you think of that MI Oline now?

executioner9

You don't need to talk about someone being classy when you walk off the field and not shake hands with the opposing team. And adults mouthing about kids from the other school. From what I gather Mt Ida was the one not showing any class.

M.I. D

Quote from: executioner9 on November 17, 2017, 09:51:53 pm
You don't need to talk about someone being classy when you walk off the field and not shake hands with the opposing team. And adults mouthing about kids from the other school. From what I gather Mt Ida was the one not showing any class.

The penalties show different. MT had a whole lot of them. Lots of late hits, mouthing etc. Mount Ida did get a couple as well. Don't act a fool and you won't be treated like a fool.

monster_island

It looked like MT players got off the bus looking for a fight. Adults on the sidelines were cheering them on.

Bunch of punks.

Lionsquatch

So protecting your team by not letting them shake hands with a bunch of punks who started a fight is classless? I think that's good coaching by the best coach in the state. That shows how much he cares about his kids. I have never been more disgusted with a team than tonight. Mount Ida congratulations on a good game, Marked Tree congrats on a good season but I'm glad you're off the field.

FilmCrew

Quote from: executioner9 on November 17, 2017, 09:51:53 pm

Enjoy your long ride home!!! If you had any since you would know that those kids were instructed to not shake hands with poor losers. If your kids can't handle their business on the field what makes you think they would after the game. Furthermore your season is over and our kids have a lot more to come so they can't risk getting thrown out of the next game.

executioner9

So what about the adults there bad mouthing the cheerleaders when at the concession stand and bathrooms. That sounds real classy! And as far as players mouthing that was going both ways. I'm not condoning the fighting and some of the penalties called, but I remember being taught sportsmanship when I was a young man and to show respect to everyone. The coaches would have kept something from happening and obviously your law enforcement that came out on the field and focused on the MT sideline.

executioner9

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 17, 2017, 10:13:13 pm
Enjoy your long ride home!!! If you had any since you would know that those kids were instructed to not shake hands with poor losers. If your kids can't handle their business on the field what makes you think they would after the game. Furthermore your season is over and our kids have a lot more to come so they can't risk getting thrown out of the next game.
[/quote
I see the Apple don't fall to far from the tree!

FilmCrew

November 17, 2017, 10:30:06 pm #131 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:45:08 pm by FilmCrew
I find it VERY hard to believe anyone from Mount Ida said anything to anyone!! I have been going to game for years and never had anyone say anything but positive things about the hospitality they have been extended to the fans that come to our field. I'm sure you heard with your ears exactly what was said.

Who had MOST of the personal fouls called against them? I think your coaches have been thrown out of a game or two this year. They aren't the pillars of sportsmanship that your are claiming. Are you sure that they would have stopped something from happening or joined in.

I'm glad the law enforcement was there, and you should be too...does it matter what side they go to? If they would have went to ours then you would have said something too... Don't go away mad... Just Go Away

FilmCrew

Quote from: executioner9 on November 17, 2017, 10:24:02 pm
Quote from: FilmCrew on November 17, 2017, 10:13:13 pm
[/quote
I see the Apple don't fall to far from the tree!

Dang straight...Like wise

FilmCrew

BlueNGold52

I believe our team was instructed by local law enforcement to leave the field without the normal gathering and prayer on the field. This was due to safety concerns for all parties involved!!! Mount Ida moves on Marked Tree doesn't period end of story!!! Congrats Lions!!!

doctor in the house

I visited with some of the Marked Tree fans before the game and they were real nice folks...
Mt. Ida jumped on them quick.. It was 21-0 early and a couple of the MT kids got frustrated but the majority of the MT kids played hard and showed good sportsmanship...
Mt. Ida did not play a starter in the 2nd half..
Wishes for everyone to have a safe trip home!

monster_island

Quote from: executioner9 on November 17, 2017, 10:21:09 pm
........ obviously your law enforcement that came out on the field and focused on the MT sideline.

The trouble was coming from the MT side of the field not the MI sideline.

Lionsquatch

The Marked Tree coach warned the Mount Ida coach that no matter who he put in they will not listen to him and will try to start something. I played under Coach White and I know he coaches nothing but respect. If you aren't shown respect from the other team how can you expect someone to show respect back? I thought MI players had great willpower to hold back. Some MT players did too though and I will acknowledge that

hesmine_lionpride

So what about the adults there bad mouthing the cheerleaders when at the concession stand and bathrooms. That sounds real classy! And as far as players mouthing that was going both ways. I'm not condoning the fighting and some of the penalties called, but I remember being taught sportsmanship when I was a young man and to show respect to everyone. The coaches would have kept something from happening and obviously your law enforcement that came out on the field and focused on the MT sideline.
I was at the concession stand and in the the bathroom with the cheerleaders and everyone else and never once heard an adult bad mouth any of the kids! If they did and I doubt it I'm sure it was deserved. I accidentally tripped over one of the cheerleaders feet when I was walking in to the bathroom and politely said I'm sorry and patted her on the back and smiled and I've never seen an eye roll as big as hers...I just kept walking. The worst part of it to me is feeling sorry for those kids that they don't have better role models. If that would have been my son acting a fool refs wouldn't have had to do anything cause I would have took him off the field. They whole team and fans should have been kicked out long before the game was over. One of our players that continuously got punched in the stomach play after play finally pushed back and yall didn't see the chewing he got from Coach White! That's called discipline. Our boys running out and players on the sidelines throwing arms up trying to get trouble started before the game starts. Fairly getting beat and can't handle it. When I'm worried about my kids safety on the field not even related to football that's bad. Tonight made me even more proud to be a MI Lion. It was handled as best as possible. If u disagree u seriously need help

lionsdad

Your team was giving cheap shots all night. Late hits, knees to the face, punches thrown. You got your butts kicked. Deal with it. Our law enforcement focused on the problem.

Lions65

High school football is where young men learn discipline, respect and how to work hard. Unfortunately for the Indians they haven't learned anything other than how to be thugs and sore losers. Make all the excuses you want to but the coaches I played football for would have never stood for any of us to act the way marked tree players acted tonight we wouldn't have been on the team much less the field. Hope they have an agri teacher that can teach them to make prison shanks bc those kids are gonna need that kind of knowledge at Cummins

bdubyab60

Quote from: Lions65 on November 17, 2017, 11:27:00 pm
High school football is where young men learn discipline, respect and how to work hard. Unfortunately for the Indians they haven't learned anything other than how to be thugs and sore losers. Make all the excuses you want to but the coaches I played football for would have never stood for any of us to act the way marked tree players acted tonight we wouldn't have been on the team much less the field. Hope they have an agri teacher that can teach them to make prison shanks bc those kids are gonna need that kind of knowledge at Cummins
Under the current coaching staff this has been an issue. We have our share of kids doing dumb things. But this seems to be an issue at Tree top and in several occasions

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Well I don't know for sure, but unless a whole different bunch of Ida fans were there last night from the week before, I'm not buying the rude fans part, nor the unrespectful players or anything bad about the Ida coaches. Des Arc had ZERO issues there. I personally was treated EXTREMELY well, from the time I walked in until I left way after the game was over. Nope not buying it. Some people are just sore losers.

Hope to see Ida in Hazen in 2 weeks.

ThreadWatcher

doctor in the house

Hope to see Ida in Hazen in 2 weeks.
[/quote]

If they do play each other I thought the game would be at Ida??

Old Scrapper

November 18, 2017, 08:19:29 am #145 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:22:56 am by Old Scrapper
All #1 seeds and Hazen/CHG are on top of the bracket.

birddawg1986

Mt Ida has a really good football team. They will definitely be a tuff out. I was really expecting this place to be really nice but was really crappy. The lights were horrible and the field was soaked due to water sprinkers being on during the week to cause poor field conditions. You could walk to the sidelines and kick dust. Last time I seen something this bad was at Turrell before the closed. It will definitely be worth the trip to LR in a couple weeks to see that Mt Ida/Earle game on that turf.

playmaker04

Scratched Twig Indians are notorious for this kind of behavior. All teams have kids that do things they shouldn't on the field but MT has been one of the worst teams as far as sportsmanship for awhile. Like Bdub said, seems to be worse when W.D. is on the sidelines. It's kind of embarrassing.

M.I. D

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 18, 2017, 08:53:07 am
Mt Ida has a really good football team. They will definitely be a tuff out. I was really expecting this place to be really nice but was really crappy. The lights were horrible and the field was soaked due to water sprinkers being on during the week to cause poor field conditions. You could walk to the sidelines and kick dust. Last time I seen something this bad was at Turrell before the closed. It will definitely be worth the trip to LR in a couple weeks to see that Mt Ida/Earle game on that turf.

There is this thing called rain. It falls from the sky causing the ground to get wet. It rained in Mount Ida this week. One evening quite a bit. It was Wednesday or Thursday.

birddawg1986

It didn't rain that much if dust still flew everywhere else.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas