• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkadelphia vs. Ashdown.

Started by Nacho, October 16, 2017, 09:50:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

Home game for the Badgers. Badgers coming away with a big win in Mena and Ashdown losing a very close one at Nashville.

What do you guys say about this one?

mharris31696

I think if Arkadelphia can get out to a fast start it may be over early. If the Ashdown Defense can hold them in check it could go down to the wire. I'll pick Arkadelphia with or without Coach E by 14.

ABC™

If Arkadelphia doesn't turn the ball over they win by a few scores.  Ashdown's offense isn't good enough to keep up on its own.

Bigbossman

Badgers win this one by 3-4 touchdowns. Ashdown is not near as impressive as their fans make them out to be. They do have some skilled players. But having seen both teams play, arkadelphia is legit.

RyanLR

Quote from: Bigbossman on October 16, 2017, 09:37:24 pm
Badgers win this one by 3-4 touchdowns. Ashdown is not near as impressive as their fans make them out to be. They do have some skilled players. But having seen both teams play, arkadelphia is legit.
I agree, Arkadelphia's defense is as good as anybody in the state. Ashdown is going to have a real problem trying to throw the ball downfield. This could end up a mercy rule.

polksalet

blegit

Ashdown is a good team. They are not the same team without Jaden Hill. I know injuries happen all the time but if any team in our conference lose one of their top players they are not going to be the same team. So they are not as good as they were three weeks ago. Its hard to replace a quarterback who was getting D- 1 offers. We can all sit here and say if you a good team you can overcome that and in some cases maybe but in reality one player can make a huge difference on a team.

Nacho

October 17, 2017, 02:14:21 pm #7 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:20:35 pm by Nacho
If the rumors are true and the big gun, #1, broke his foot then I think this game might be a mercy rule kind of evening.

blegit

Man I hope not we already got one main gun out. I hope not another. it  a just changes our whole team again.

Nacho

like I said, rumor. I hope for his sake it isn't true...

blegit

well im kin to him so I just hit his uncle up to make sure. I hope not though

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Nacho on October 17, 2017, 02:48:53 pm
like I said, rumor. I hope for his sake it isn't true...
Not broke, but probably out for the game.

richboy

About that time for some badger football 😈

FBfan79

Badgers are stout this year and add another W.

polksalet

SCRAPYARD

Dragline

October 20, 2017, 07:27:56 pm #16 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:35:38 pm by Dragline
13-14 ashdown

Nacho

Oldbadger

Oldbadger

Number 1 for Ashdown is playing his best but obviously in pain.

Oldbadger

Badgers getting hosed by the officals.

Nacho

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 20, 2017, 08:13:39 pm
Number 1 for Ashdown is playing his best but obviously in pain.

If this isn't his best, dang

~WPS~

Nacho

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 20, 2017, 08:44:45 pm
Badgers getting hosed by the officals.

I don't get it, is it just Arky and we always complain or is it really this bad?

Nacho

~WPS~

Thanks. Does arkadelphia have a live stream? Video or audio?

Nacho

Nacho

Nacho

hogfan10

Quote from: Nacho on October 20, 2017, 08:45:55 pm
I don't get it, is it just Arky and we always complain or is it really this bad?

Last night it was that bad. I think the problem is that we don't benefit from home cooking, like a lot of teams seem to, so we complain twice as much. I don't know how officials are chosen, but I'm guessing that there are pools of refs that work an area/region. Since we are on I-30 and relatively close to LR; our refs come from a larger more diverse area. So, the more isolated a school gets from a metro area/high concentration of schools, the more the home cooking happens/appears to happen. Of some of the games this year; I thought refs were good at Stuttgart & Robinson (which we lost). I've always felt like it's pretty good at Malvern, Bauxite, Benton; and expect it to be sketchy at FL, mena, ashdown, and criminal when in Nashville.
Last night the ref on asdowns sideline made a handful of very bad to questionable calls. One calling back a pick six on a legal block (called a personal foul on the badgers), another on an obvious ashdown block in the back resulting in a long 3rd down conversion. The flag was thrown during the play at the point of the illegal block, the call on the field was personal foul against Arkadelphia. Last night we had 2 TDs called back, last week in mena we had 3 called back.

scrapman

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 21, 2017, 08:14:06 am
Last night it was that bad. I think the problem is that we don't benefit from home cooking, like a lot of teams seem to, so we complain twice as much. I don't know how officials are chosen, but I'm guessing that there are pools of refs that work an area/region. Since we are on I-30 and relatively close to LR; our refs come from a larger more diverse area. So, the more isolated a school gets from a metro area/high concentration of schools, the more the home cooking happens/appears to happen. Of some of the games this year; I thought refs were good at Stuttgart & Robinson (which we lost). I've always felt like it's pretty good at Malvern, Bauxite, Benton; and expect it to be sketchy at FL, mena, ashdown, and criminal when in Nashville.
Last night the ref on asdowns sideline made a handful of very bad to questionable calls. One calling back a pick six on a legal block (called a personal foul on the badgers), another on an obvious ashdown block in the back resulting in a long 3rd down conversion. The flag was thrown during the play at the point of the illegal block, the call on the field was personal foul against Arkadelphia. Last night we had 2 TDs called back, last week in mena we had 3 called back.
Refs definatly can be worked by coaches. Some are better than others. They come from all over the state. Maybe the calls you get are a reflection of how your sideline acts and treats the refs.  I'm not sure but if your HC gets tossed the sideline was far from great towards the refs. I understand that there was a reason the coaches were mad at the ref but if you think that there is 1 constant in this picture and it is you....might want to look in the mirror and say maybe it's us instead of the refs every week....everyone else has weeks they don't like refs too, but we don't hear it on here.

Nacho

Quote from: scrapman on October 21, 2017, 09:21:39 am
Refs definatly can be worked by coaches. Some are better than others. They come from all over the state. Maybe the calls you get are a reflection of how your sideline acts and treats the refs.  I'm not sure but if your HC gets tossed the sideline was far from great towards the refs. I understand that there was a reason the coaches were mad at the ref but if you think that there is 1 constant in this picture and it is you....might want to look in the mirror and say maybe it's us instead of the refs every week....everyone else has weeks they don't like refs too, but we don't hear it on here.

I understand your logic here for sure but when our coach got ejected it was because the refs literally didn't know the rules. And the whole thing was bc an assistant coach made a comment to another assistant and a ref overheard it...

scrapman

Quote from: Nacho on October 21, 2017, 09:26:31 am
I understand your logic here for sure but when our coach got ejected it was because the refs literally didn't know the rules. And the whole thing was bc an assistant coach made a comment to another assistant and a ref overheard it...
The sideline as a whole...the HC can be great but if the assistants ride the ref it's the same thing. They just hear voices.

hogfan10

Quote from: scrapman on October 21, 2017, 09:21:39 am

Nowhere did I say there was one constant and it was us. In fact I made a point of mentioning other locations where it APPEARS that the officiating is more evenhanded. I was giving my opinion/theory (w/o knowing how refs are chosen) as to why some locations APPEAR to get some home cooking and others don't. But, I think you'll have a hard time finding any team that has traveled to Nashville that doesn't feel as if they got screwed when there, win or lose.

hogfan10

Quote from: scrapman on October 21, 2017, 09:27:53 am
The sideline as a whole...the HC can be great but if the assistants ride the ref it's the same thing. They just hear voices.

Maybe they should invest in some earplugs, or maybe just call a good game; then they don't have to worry about the criticism.

scrapman

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 21, 2017, 10:19:57 am
Nowhere did I say there was one constant and it was us. In fact I made a point of mentioning other locations where it APPEARS that the officiating is more evenhanded. I was giving my opinion/theory (w/o knowing how refs are chosen) as to why some locations APPEAR to get some home cooking and others don't. But, I think you'll have a hard time finding any team that has traveled to Nashville that doesn't feel as if they got screwed when there, win or lose.
Of course. It has to do with the secret illumanati connection between the high ups in Nashville and the referees. Goes back years. 

hogfan10

Quote from: scrapman on October 21, 2017, 10:33:50 am
Of course. It has to do with the secret illumanati connection between the high ups in Nashville and the referees. Goes back years.

I was imagining something a little more realistic; like maybe a few of the local redknecks somehow being certified to ref HS sports.

scrapman

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 21, 2017, 11:59:24 am
I was imagining something a little more realistic; like maybe a few of the local redknecks somehow being certified to ref HS sports.
Probably just a secret undercover plot against Arky

hogfan10

Quote from: scrapman on October 21, 2017, 12:11:59 pm
Probably just a secret undercover plot against Arky

That's possible, too.

Look, I think overall the officiating is pretty good, especially being that it's basically a volunteer gig. But, I do think officials are assigned based on location for the most part. Which, in part, would lead to less bias (subconscious or conscious) for teams located centrally (more schools) as opposed to those schools on the outskirts (fewer schools in the area).
The good news is we are equal opportunity complainers; we complain at home & away games, win or lose.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas