• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuttgart @ HWH

Started by dhen, October 16, 2017, 08:00:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dhen

SUGARTOWN

I'm not sure what to think about HWH. Lose their first game of the year at Riverview then eke out a 6-0 win at home against Lonoke. They had not played the toughest schedule up to the Riverview game, so a loss there was not unbelievable, but only scoring 6 against Lonoke? Hmmmm....

Meanwhile, Stuttgart played their best game of the year last Friday against Riverview with 6 first half TD's and gained over 520 total yards en route to 52-22 win. The Birds continue to improve offensively after a major overhaul 3 weeks ago and the defense is playing very well too. That being said, Helena has notoriously been a tough place to play for the Birds. IF the Birds take care of the ball and limit the big plays for the Cougars I think they can get a big W here. But I know HWH will come out fired up. The Birds always get their opponent's best shot.

It's my longest road trip of the year coming from LR, but I'm not going to miss this game.  :)

cuckoobird

Cougars get embarrassed on their home field

westhelena1

No one can dispute that the Birds are on a roll and that the Cougars have struggled the past couple of weeks. However, this game has been exciting and hard fought. I hate to see this matchup end thanks to the AAA deciding the Cougars should be in a conference requiring travel to near the Louisiana border. The last time these two met up in Cad Polk Stadium, it was a one-point game. I expect another exciting one this time.

cuckoobird

Don't worry about the new conference travel miles, I think it's only 6 more miles than what you will have in the current conference

westhelena1

Of course you would tell us not to worry since Stuttgart got what it wanted while Helena-West Helena got jacked around by the AAA office for the sixth time in seven classification cycles.  When you look at the historical record, the way Helena has been treated by the AAA offices is unconscionable.

cuckoobird

Tell me the difference in miles that you will travel.

beach bum

Quote from: westhelena1 on October 16, 2017, 01:13:59 pm
Of course you would tell us not to worry since Stuttgart got what it wanted while Helena-West Helena got jacked around by the AAA office for the sixth time in seven classification cycles.  When you look at the historical record, the way Helena has been treated by the AAA offices is unconscionable.

How is it the AAA's fault that you are all the way out on the Mississippi border with no other 4A schools near by?? HWH complaining would be like Decatur in 2A complaining about their travel when there are no other 2A schools in NWA...... That said Birds dominate on defense and win 28-6

dhen

Cougars get back to playing good solid football this week.  HWH 35 Stuttgart 28

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: westhelena1 on October 16, 2017, 01:13:59 pm
If I was Helena I would leave the AAA and join Mississippi.

westhelena1

We documented not only a small difference in miles but a larger difference in time per trip due to the quality of the roads headed north vs those headed south. And this didn't just start with this cycle. The AAA put the screws to Helena even when we were in 5A. Don't forget when we were placed as the only non-Pulaski County school in the Central when Beebe was 20-30 minutes away from all those schools and placed in the east with Forrest City and Wynne which were close to us. Beebe's reason for not wanting in the Central was, as stated by their own Superintendent, a desire to be with "schools with similar cultures and test scores." There is a historical pattern here.

cuckoobird

You are not in the 5a anymore. All roads heading south are just fine I promise you. I travel them every day

dhen

Safe travels for Stuttgart tonight as they travel to face my COUGARS tonight.  I think this will be a real close game. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas