• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atkins@Charleston

Started by 2010Tigerhaz-been, October 15, 2017, 07:58:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2010Tigerhaz-been

FBGFDRUM

Red Devil Dad

Atkins has the ability to pull off the upset but need to play their best game of the season to do it. 

gold45

This will be our toughest test since Ozark IMO.  Tigers win by 14.

CapnObvious

We must not get off to a slow start and play a complete game , but when the final buzzer sounds we will be victorious ..

CoolBreeze

Quote from: CapnObvious on October 15, 2017, 01:27:32 pm
We must not get off to a slow start and play a complete game , but when the final buzzer sounds we will be victorious ..
It may be difficult to avoid a slow start with so many players just back after being out with injuries. However, I agree that the Tigers win.

athletic supporter

Will everyone be available for Charleston this week?

gold45

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 15, 2017, 01:48:52 pm
It may be difficult to avoid a slow start with so many players just back after being out with injuries. However, I agree that the Tigers win.

Very true.  That's been our nemeisis all year.....our tendency to take a while to get warmed up.  However, there was nothing slow about SMF's return to the field at Lamar and I anticipate him helping get the team firing come Friday night!

beach bum

gold45

Quote from: athletic supporter on October 15, 2017, 05:10:03 pm
Will everyone be available for Charleston this week?

Everyone except Ketter (RB).  Kengla fills his spot until he returns in a couple of weeks (hopefully.)

Mr.Bearded

Williebe147

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on October 15, 2017, 07:58:04 am
let's get to it

Atkins is no fluke I think they win this game by 10 over Charleston.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Williebe147 on October 16, 2017, 05:11:25 pm

Not if Chuck is hitting on all cylinders.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Williebe147 on October 16, 2017, 05:11:25 pm

Charleston will have all their starters back for this game except for Ketter which Hunter has held his own since Ketter has been out.

On side

Going to be a great game.  I think Charleston by 2 scores.

CHSTigersFan

I'm thinking Charleston wins this one by at least 14 they are looking really good this year.

Truthfully

Quote from: CHSTigersFan on October 17, 2017, 01:26:55 pm
I'm thinking Charleston wins this one by at least 14 they are looking really good this year.

I agree. Even if Charleston is hitting on 5 of 8 cylinders they will win by 15-20 points. If all players are healthy, watch out! Atkins will still get #2 seed in playoffs unless some really STRANGE things happen the last two weeks. You never know in this crazy 4-3A of ours.
Truthfully

Truthfully

CoolBreeze

Should this game be the game of the week?

Like the one Hootens chose, it's an undefeated team against a 1-loss team who is undefeated in conference. However, Atkins' loss was to a pretty fair 4-A team not a 3A team with a losing record.

Red Devil Dad

Ok Charleston faithful, instead of the Atkins guy smack talking how we are going to beat your Tigers, I have a very important question that is near and dear to my heart.  Where is the best place to eat in Charleston or anywhere between Dardanelle and Charleston?   Thank you and I can't wait to visit and watch a good game. 

athletic supporter

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 18, 2017, 11:57:13 am
Ok Charleston faithful, instead of the Atkins guy smack talking how we are going to beat your Tigers, I have a very important question that is near and dear to my heart.  Where is the best place to eat in Charleston or anywhere between Dardanelle and Charleston?   Thank you and I can't wait to visit and watch a good game. 

There is a Mexican restaurant on the right when you get into Charleston. I don't recall the name but it is pretty good. You better get there early though.

The Pizza Barn in Paris is good if you want pizza. The Grapevine in Paris is good with quite a variety.

Fowler's in Dardanelle is really good with home cooking but it is ALWAYS packed so arrive early

adaptedtigerfan

Main Street BBQ is the place to be in friday night...   

adaptedtigerfan

Gold45 I just can't do it..   it's not the same.   

Lineman

Main St BBQ & Del Sol(the Mexican restaurant) are both pretty good. There's a little burger joint, Dairy Diner,  just past the school. Or you can wait til the game & get a Chick Fila sandwich & an ice cold Pepsi at the PTO concession stand.

Red Devil Dad

You have a Chick Fila at your concessions stand.  I'm jealous now, Atkins has a great concessions stand but we don't have Chick Fila. 

gold45

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 18, 2017, 01:16:38 pm
Gold45 I just can't do it..   it's not the same.   

Power through the pain, adapted.

PrivateLesson

Go Adapted!!   You can do it!! :)

This should be a really good game.  Atkins is tough this year.

AlumniLights

Adapted has other plans this Friday!!  8)

OLDSCHOOL82

Chuck by 21.  2 scores by the defense.  If the Atkins qb keeps his throws tight, then its chuck by 14 and one defensive score.

CHSTigersFan

Pizza burgers at the Dairy Diner are great.......otherwise I would agree BBQ is the way to go.

Red Devil Dad

Never had a pizza burger before, may have to try that. 

RedTigerFan

October 20, 2017, 09:17:44 am #31 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:49:23 pm by RedTigerFan

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Chuck wins in barn burner:

Chuck - 45
Not Chuck - 14

gold45

It's my favorite day!  GAME DAY!!!!  Safe travels, Red Devils!  Go Tigers!!

FBGFDRUM

Hoping for a good, close game. Love nail biters

nastynice

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on October 20, 2017, 11:21:18 am
Hoping for a good, close game. Love nail biters

You're gonna be disappointed then.

Chuck. 49
Pickles. 20

Go #45. Go all out and make a difference!

Longfellow

My official meaningless prediction:

Pickleville 22
Chuckleberry Finn 38

estep0520

Main Street BBQ is the way to go!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: estep0520 on October 20, 2017, 12:15:15 pm
Main Street BBQ is the way to go!

Main Street BBQ - 28
Del Sol - 21

Danvillegrad77

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 20, 2017, 12:36:00 pm
Main Street BBQ - 28
Del Sol - 21
nOW, THAT'S FUNNY.  i DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK

Fatfullback

SMF is the X-factor. His mere presence changes the defensive game plan.
Charleston  28
Atkins         14

Red Devil Dad

Atkins will play lights out tonight and pull off the upset 32-28and yes I'm a homer.  I still think the Tigers make it to the Rock again this year. 

fbhound

If  Charleston injuries are minor or healed and most starters back, Charleston wins by 20 or more.  If Injuries still an issue, Chucktown by 14.

CoolBreeze

Red Devil Dad

October 20, 2017, 07:54:03 pm #44 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:08:33 pm by Red Devil Dad
I will say this. Charleston is the real deal again this year.  You guys have a heck of a team. 

Lineman

You mean a "chuck" of a team!!

Lineman

Tigers with 294 yds offense in 1st half.

gold45

Atkins has some dang good athletes.  This is the best I've seen the Tigers play in the first half all season.

CapnObvious

gold45

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 20, 2017, 07:54:03 pm
I will say this. Charleston is the real deal again this year.  You guys have a heck of a team.

Thank you.  This team is frustrating to watch at times because they are so talented and they don't always play up to their potential.   Tonight, they played from the start and it sure was a relief from a fan standpoint.  Great job, Tigers!!! And good luck Red Devils!  #23 really impressed me.  What an athlete!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas