• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 8 top 10 votes

Started by HorseFeathers, October 14, 2017, 10:12:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

I expect some shake up this week....

FoxandHound34

Jag posters will still have them #1

playmaker04

1 Mt Ida
2 CHG
3 Earle
4 Rison
5 Conway Christian
6 Danville
7 mountain pine
8 Foreman
9 Mountainburg
10 Hampton

Hogjr

How is Conway Christian #5?  They lost to Hector and now Hector isn't even ranked in the top 10?

BO_KNOWS

October 14, 2017, 12:01:25 pm #4 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:09:14 pm by BO_KNOWS
1. Mount Ida
2. Rison
3. Earle
4. CHG
5. Danville
6. McCroy
7. Hampton
8. Conway Christmas
9. Hazen
10. Foreman
Others: mountain pine, magnet cove, hector, bearden , des arc, PW

playmaker04

Quote from: Hogjr on October 14, 2017, 11:27:42 am
How is Conway Christian #5?  They lost to Hector and now Hector isn't even ranked in the top 10?
it's"what have you done for me lately". Hector lost to MC last night plus they lost to a mediocre Bearden team.

hornetfan8

1. Mount Ida
2. Rison
3. Earle
4. CHG
5. Hazen
6. Danville
7. Hampton
8. Conway Christian
9. Foreman
10. McCrory

beach bum

The top 4 have serious separation from the rest.... I imagine others see it that way too? The one that intrigues me is Earle. Can when they play a physical team like Mount Ida or Rison can they match that? That will be the most exciting matchup to look forward to when Earle runs into one of those two.

Wildcatalumni21

1. Mt. Ida
2. Rison
3. CHG
4. Earle
5. McCrory
7. Danville
8. Conway Christian
9. Foreman
10. Hector

Hawgpilot

1. Rison
2. Mt Ida
3. CHG
4. McCrory
5. Earle
6. Hector
7. CC
8. Hampton
9. Danville
10. Hazen

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on October 14, 2017, 05:33:01 pm
The top 4 have serious separation from the rest.... I imagine others see it that way too? The one that intrigues me is Earle. Can when they play a physical team like Mount Ida or Rison can they match that? That will be the most exciting matchup to look forward to when Earle runs into one of those two.

State title games should always be exciting...

HG Hornet

Until they lose, I believe Mt. Ida should be #1.  The Rison/ CHG placement will be decided on Friday.  I believe the winner of that game should probably be #2 and the loser probably no lower than #5.  I'm not familiar with any other teams so I won't even try to fill in the rest of the top 10 and ruffle anyone's feathers. 

I know people are tired of hearing about the 2A-8, but it is what it is.  CHG and Rison will be #s 1 and 2 in the 8.  Bearden, Hampton, Strong, and Parkers Chapel are competitive teams with athletes and speed and whoever draws these teams in November will have their hands full. 

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 14, 2017, 08:40:13 pm
State title games should always be exciting...

You think Earle has that capability? Its so hard to tell cause I don't follow 2A as close as some of guys do. I'd like to think they can, but after the England thing last year I don't want to put all my hope in Earle this year when they face a Rison/Mount Ida physical type. The 60 point performances look flashy and all but I don't want to get to caught up in that against the bottom teams in the 3-2A.

beach bum

October 14, 2017, 08:57:09 pm #13 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:59:04 pm by beach bum
Just noticed  that Earle is on the easier side of the bracket.... cancel my thought on the above post. They will see probably the 3 from the 8-2A, winner from the 5-2A, and 2 seed from the 8-2A along the way. Pretty decent competition but avoiding Mount Ida or CHG/Rison winner was huge.

HG Hornet

Quote from: beach bum on October 14, 2017, 08:57:09 pm
Just noticed  that Earle is on the easier side of the bracket.... cancel my thought on the above post. They will see probably the 3 from the 8-2A, winner from the 5-2A, and 2 seed from the 8-2A along the way. Pretty decent competition but avoiding Mount Ida or CHG/Rison winner was huge.
The Rison/CHG loser will be able to play with Earle.

beach bum

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 14, 2017, 09:16:14 pm
The Rison/CHG loser will be able to play with Earle.

I agree.... If this Rison/CHG game ends up being a single digit game they're just proving they're both contenders. I hope neither one blows out the other as a fan looking from the outside who wants to see a postseason full of competitive and close games.

hornetfan8

Quote from: Hawgpilot on October 14, 2017, 08:06:46 pm
1. Rison
2. Mt Ida
3. CHG
4. McCrory
5. Earle
6. Hector
7. CC
8. Hampton
9. Danville
10. Hazen
How do you have McCrory at 4 and Hazen at 10 when Hazen beat McCrory at McCrory?

bigworm

Quote from: beach bum on October 14, 2017, 05:33:01 pm

I agree. Top 4 quite a bit ahead of everyone else in my opinion.

Jags20

Quote from: hornetfan8 on October 14, 2017, 11:00:49 pm
How do you have McCrory at 4 and Hazen at 10 when Hazen beat McCrory at McCrory?
Not trying to take anything away from Hazen's win against the Jags...but you do realize Hazen won in double overtime and McCrory had the lead pretty much the whole night, right? It's not like you beat us 30 points.
But on the bright side, polls are just polls.

#72 Bearden Bear

1.      Mt Ida
2.      Rison
3.      Earle
4.      Danville
5.      C Christian
6.      McCrory
7.      HG
8.      Foreman
9.      Mburg
10.    Hector

Redzone

1.      Mt Ida
2.      Rison
3.      Earle
4.      Danville
5.      CHG
6.      Foreman
7.      CC
8.      McCrory
9.      Mburg
10.    Hector

hornetfan8

Quote from: Jags20 on October 14, 2017, 11:43:29 pm
Not trying to take anything away from Hazen's win against the Jags...but you do realize Hazen won in double overtime and McCrory had the lead pretty much the whole night, right? It's not like you beat us 30 points.
But on the bright side, polls are just polls.
I never said we beat y'all by 30. I'm just saying it's ridiculous to think that a team that beat another team is 6 spots behind. Also Hazen won. On the road. So 🤷🏻‍♂️

brown2010

Butch_Cassidy

1. MOUNT IDA
2. RISON
3. EARLE
4. CHG
5. DANVILLE
6. HECTOR
7. HAZEN
8. CONWAY CHRISTIAN
9. FOREMAN
10. MCCRORY

dawg_days

1. Rison
2. Mt. Ida
3. Earle
4. CHG
5. Conway Christian
6. Hampton
7. Foreman
8. Danville
9. McCrory
10. Palestine-Wheatley

hornetfan8

Quote from: brown2010 on October 15, 2017, 01:25:52 pm
It was a fluke
You mean the best team on that Friday night forced a fumble and won the game right?

Hawgpilot

Quote from: hornetfan8 on October 14, 2017, 11:00:49 pm

First, because its a poll and poll's are subjective.  I agree that Hazen beat McCrory but I also believe if those 2 teams play 10 games, McCrory wins 7 of them.  Hence, my higher ranking.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Hawgpilot on October 15, 2017, 04:58:02 pm
First, because its a poll and poll's are subjective.  I agree that Hazen beat McCrory but I also believe if those 2 teams play 10 games, McCrory wins 7 of them.  Hence, my higher ranking.

More like 9 times of out 10...lol...hazen won that game so lets just let me have there moment.

Hgalum50

1. Mt. Ida
2. Rison
3. CHG
4. Earle
5. Conway Christian
6. McCrory
7. Danville
8. Hector
9. Hazen
10. Foreman

Cove Man

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 15, 2017, 09:07:26 pm
1. Mt. Ida
2. Rison
3. CHG
4. Earle
5. Conway Christian
6. McCrory
7. Danville
8. Hector
9. Hazen
10. Foreman

Not trying to call you out specifically Hgalum - but everyone that is picking like this - I just want to understand the logic:  Magnet Cove gets no respect (except a little from BO_KNOWS), and they just beat Hector. Hector beat Conway Christian, and CC is ahead of Hector in a lot of these people's lists. Why is Magnet Cove shunned?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cove Man on October 16, 2017, 08:43:32 am
Not trying to call you out specifically Hgalum - but everyone that is picking like this - I just want to understand the logic:  Magnet Cove gets no respect (except a little from BO_KNOWS), and they just beat Hector. Hector beat Conway Christian, and CC is ahead of Hector in a lot of these people's lists. Why is Magnet Cove shunned?

3 early season losses, and most probably consider it more of an upset than the better team winning.... Or they're just nutter butters

Hgalum50

Quote from: Cove Man on October 16, 2017, 08:43:32 am
Magnet Cove would be 11 or 12 so just outside looking in. Win a few more and I would say top 10.

sheepdawg92

1. Rison
2. Mt Ida
3. CHG
4. McCrory
5. Hampton
6. Hector
7. Hazen
8. Earle
9. Danville
10. Conway Christian

Hogjr

It's my understanding that a lot of these rankings are based not only on conference games but also preseason games. CC has only lost to Hector. Hector has lost 2 games. Magnet has lost 3. At least that's how it appears

Cove Man

Quote from: Hogjr on October 16, 2017, 09:44:03 am
It's my understanding that a lot of these rankings are based not only on conference games but also preseason games. CC has only lost to Hector. Hector has lost 2 games. Magnet has lost 3. At least that's how it appears

Ah - I see. It's sort of on the same basis as college AP rankings. Thank you for clarifying. I guess I consider those games "preseason" since they do not have any impact whatsoever on the rest of the season.

IdaLions

1.) Mount Ida
2.) Rison
3.) Earle
4.) CHG
5.) McCrory
6.)Foreman
7.) Hector
8.) Danville
9.) Conway Christian
10.) Hazen

bearfan

1. Mount Ida
2. Rison
3. Earle
4. C. Harmony Grove
5. Hazen
6. Hampton
7. Foreman
8. Hector
9. Conway Christian
10. Magnet Cove

Eagle076

I think there may be a little movement in this pole after Friday.

wampuscat44

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on October 14, 2017, 12:01:25 pm
1. Mount Ida
2. Rison
3. Earle
4. CHG
5. Danville
6. McCroy
7. Hampton
8. Conway Christmas
9. Hazen
10. Foreman
Others: mountain pine, magnet cove, hector, bearden , des arc, PW
This one is most accurate

AA Insider

1. Mt Ida
2. Rison
3. Earle
4. Harmony grove
5. McCrory
6. Danville
7. Conway Christian
8. Foreman
9. Hazen
10. Mountainburg

hornetfan8

When is the results getting posted?

Eslim03

1. Mt. Ida
2. Rison
3. Earle
4. CHG
5. Danville
6. Foreman
7. Conway Christian
8. McCrory
9. Hampton
10. Hazen

stuck in between

1.   Mount Ida
2.   Rison
3.   Earle
4.   CHG
5.   Danville
6.   Conway Christian
7.   Hazen
8.   McCrory
9.   Foreman
10.   The winner of Bearden Vs. Hampton

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hornetfan8 on October 18, 2017, 11:53:48 am
When is the results getting posted?

Usually post then on Thursday

Dogg

Quote from: beach bum on October 14, 2017, 08:54:13 pm
You think Earle has that capability? Its so hard to tell cause I don't follow 2A as close as some of guys do. I'd like to think they can, but after the England thing last year I don't want to put all my hope in Earle this year when they face a Rison/Mount Ida physical type. The 60 point performances look flashy and all but I don't want to get to caught up in that against the bottom teams in the 3-2A.
Earle started 7 Sophs last year and 1 freshman. Very young last year. We were up on England at the half and the wheels came off the second half

hornetfan8

Dragonsvoice

I am  glad the Burg get some mention's but I believe they are a 11th through 15th.

beach bum

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 18, 2017, 08:59:59 pm
I am  glad the Burg get some mention's but I believe they are a 11th through 15th.

I think that is where I think they sit too.... This Burg team is super gritty on defense and can pound the run well. Their team is literally one super speedster on offense away from being a top 5 or 6 team imo.... This group has really held steady when I think some people thought that they may drop back to 4th or so in the 4-2A. It's been a nice year so far.

Prouddragondad

I can agree with you guys to we are probably around 11th-13th but if we beat Hackett again I think we should be in the top 10. This team has had a very good year so far coach Harrell told the boys at the beginning of the year they were going to surprise everyone and he was right.

Lionsquatch

1. Mount Ida
2. Rison
3. CHG
4. Earle
5. Conway Christian
6. Hector
7. Danville
8. Foreman
9. Hazen
10. McCrory

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas