• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barton Finishing Strong!

Started by AmericanVandal1987, October 14, 2017, 12:42:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanVandal1987

Barton is proving to be a contender in 3A this year. I predict them to go deep into playoffs! They are the only team that has even gotten close to defeating Mayflower and have proved themselves time and time again. Don't mark them off your list this year!

Jimbo Morphis

CoolBreeze

Barton could surprise a lot of teams, but they will have to improve ball security. But they likely get Charleston in the 2nd round. With the Tigers healthy again, that should be a tall order.

Williebe147

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 14, 2017, 01:51:25 pm
Barton could surprise a lot of teams, but they will have to improve ball security. But they likely get Charleston in the 2nd round. With the Tigers healthy again, that should be a tall order.
Barton QB is the only weak link. Good ball handler decent passer but not any running skills. Defend the other backs and they can be beat.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Williebe147 on October 14, 2017, 04:04:10 pm
  Barton QB is the only weak link. Good ball handler decent passer but not any running skills. Defend the other backs and they can be beat.
So be honest since we're calling individuals out. What are you're weaknesses?

AmericanVandal1987

I have to disagree. There have been multiple times where #6 has run the ball with ease. Shown some moves as well. They have #6 who can move, and three backs + one back they can sub that can sprint like none other. It will be very hard to defend their offense, especially with their massive offensive line.

Williebe147

Quote from: Oldman on October 14, 2017, 04:47:28 pm
So be honest since we're calling individuals out. What are you're weaknesses?

We cannot tackle well. No speed And no passing game. You name it we have it. Just a bad year. Barton has been very lucky so far this year. They also have trouble holding onto the ball.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Williebe147 on October 16, 2017, 01:34:08 am
    We cannot tackle well. No speed And no passing game. You name it we have it. Just a bad year. Barton has been very lucky so far this year. They also have trouble holding onto the ball.
Methinks he doth protest too much!

Trying to mask deep-seated doubts about the true quality of the team, perhaps?

Coltfan2005

Easy to finish strong if the opponents aren't that good.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 16, 2017, 03:40:01 pm
Easy to finish strong if the opponents aren't that good.
True. True. Barton has already played the three best teams in the conference and is virtually certain to win out, although Cedar Ridge could provide a mild challenge if they overachieve. The Bears win the next three, they will be 9-1 with 6 consecutive wins, a very good season.

Williebe147

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 16, 2017, 12:38:26 pm
Methinks he doth protest too much!

Trying to mask deep-seated doubts about the true quality of the team, perhaps?

Not Barton you asked my team and that is what I stated about them. My team not Barton.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas