• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Vs Monticello....Saline River Shootout version 2017...Let's get it started.

Started by AirWarren, October 13, 2017, 08:51:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Let's go slaughter some goats boys.

Go jacks!

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Lumberjackfan1978

1998billieblue

Monticello lost a huge offensive piece tonight.  Not sure how long he will be out. 

1998billieblue

That being said I think it will be close at first, but Jacks will be to much for the Billies.

Billie Blue

Quote from: 1998billieblue on October 13, 2017, 10:13:19 pm
Monticello lost a huge offensive piece tonight.  Not sure how long he will be out.
It will hurt but the next man will have to step up

Sports Guru

Warren by 28

FoxandHound34

1998billieblue

LJ06

This will be the closest conference game the 'Jacks will play. Warren by 2-3 scores.

FoxandHound34

AirWarren

1998billieblue

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on October 13, 2017, 10:42:09 pm
realistic you mean

No, STUPID.  Even when Billies were HORRIBLE it was never a game
Like that.  Especially the last 10 years. 

BIGGOAT60

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Just hope we don't come out flat like we did in Monticello last year. We gave them every chance to make it a game in the first half but 2nd half was a different story

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: LJ06 on October 13, 2017, 10:41:39 pm
This will be the closest conference game the 'Jacks will play. Warren by 2-3 scores.
I don't think so, it will be mercy rule by 4th qtr. Monticello won't score until Warren puts in the 3rd string.

LJ06

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 14, 2017, 09:52:21 am
I don't think so, it will be mercy rule by 4th qtr. Monticello won't score until Warren puts in the 3rd string.

Rivalry game. Monticello almost always plays us tough, even last year.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on October 14, 2017, 10:15:12 am

They will play us tough. Warren won't take them likely.

AirWarren

It's the Halloween team's favorite time of the year....we comin......

Billie Blue

Quote from: LJ06 on October 14, 2017, 10:15:12 am
And the year before that with Burks being a freshman he caught the momentum changing touchdown right before the half in warren and if I'm not mistaken the Jacks went on to win but 2 touchdowns but this year if warren let us stay close in this game it will be a upset my prediction is Monticello by 2

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Lumberjackfan1978

Don't know if it will be mercy or not but Jacks win by at least three touchdowns

Sports Guru

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 15, 2017, 10:06:53 pm
Don't know if it will be mercy or not but Jacks win by at least three touchdowns
Don't think it'll be a mercy rule, I said before Warren by 28. Both teams have some good talented athletes. I see a possible Warren 47 Monticello 19. I see theMonticello and Dumas game as a big matchup as well!

AirWarren

Big Fan

Romeo

Romeo

Looking ahead, assuming that we finish unbeaten in conference, it's likely that we'll play Highland in the first round. We'll play the loser of Booneville and Dardanelle in the second round and have a rematch with Prairie Grove in the quarterfinals. Robinson will be our semi-final opponent if we make it that far. Looks like Friday will also be our last home game of the regular season. The game against Dollarway will be played there to make up for last year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Romeo on October 16, 2017, 10:25:49 am
Looking ahead, assuming that we finish unbeaten in conference, it's likely that we'll play Highland in the first round. We'll play the loser of Booneville and Dardanelle in the second round and have a rematch with Prairie Grove in the quarterfinals. Robinson will be our semi-final opponent if we make it that far. Looks like Friday will also be our last home game of the regular season. The game against Dollarway will be played there to make up for last year.

Warren vs. Robinson would be a good matchup, I would make the short trip to see that game. Although, I wouldn't say it's a lock that Prairie Grove is your opponent in round 3.

AirWarren

SportsDad

Quote from: Romeo on October 16, 2017, 10:25:49 am

The Dollarway game will be played at Warren...

1998billieblue

Quote from: Billie Blue on October 15, 2017, 04:50:22 pm
And the year before that with Burks being a freshman he caught the momentum changing touchdown right before the half in warren and if I'm not mistaken the Jacks went on to win but 2 touchdowns but this year if warren let us stay close in this game it will be a upset my prediction is Monticello by 2

2 years ago the game was great.  If our TB don't slip at the 5 yardline he walks into the endzone and we win. 

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: 1998billieblue on October 16, 2017, 01:19:26 pm
2 years ago the game was great.  If our TB don't slip at the 5 yardline he walks into the endzone and we win.
This years game will not be close. Jacks will win big. The Billies only score will be in the 4th qtr if and only if Bo pulls the starters out.     

1998billieblue

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 16, 2017, 01:27:15 pm
This years game will not be close. Jacks will win big. The Billies only score will be in the 4th qtr if and only if Bo pulls the starters out.   
OK you have made your point.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Lumberjackfan1978

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Romeo on October 16, 2017, 10:14:16 am
Is Joseph Brown a freshman or sophomore?
JoJo is a freshman.  When he's in pads, he's comparable to Treylon's size I think.

BIGGOAT60

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

October 17, 2017, 11:11:01 pm #41 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:14:40 pm by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48
Well, I've been pretty spot on with the Warren games the last few weeks so I figured I'd give it another go this evening.  It's rivalry week in Bradley and Drew Counties and the Saline River Shootout is upon us.  This is one of my all-time favorites when it comes to opponents for the Lumberjacks because there's so much history and so much hatred.  There have been some really good games between these two and I still feel like the game played in 2000 and then the following year in 2001 were two of the very best this match-up has ever seen. 

When looking over the conference going into this year's conference slate, myself and other Warren posters kept listing off numerous other teams as Warren's main 8-4A "competition" through-out the years.  Dollarway said some, Hamburg others, still others said maybe Star City but honestly, looking at it, since joining the conference back in 2012 Monticello has really been the Jacks most consistent contender, or at least gave them the best game.  The last two seasons in particular the Billies have played the Jacks extremely tough.  Even the years Warren won by a bigger margin Monticello (outside of 2013 where they lost 42-0) has scored some points to keep it at least interesting. 

Will this year be any different? Numerous of my fellow Warren bretheren believe that Monticello is here to battle, to put up a fight and take this game deep into the 4th quarter.  They're "buying it", whatever those Billies are selling--NOT ME.  While I respect Monticello and the rivalry, I'm also a realist who sees things for what they are.  Monticello is not a good football team.  They are average, they are a play-off team, but they're not a good ballclub.  They might be 3-1 in the conference but their wins are against Crossett, Dollarway and Star City who are a combined 2-10 in conference play.  They LOST to Hamburg who earlier this season had their lone poster here on Fearless Friday throwing in the towel on them.  They've certainly began to improve these last two weeks but is it really team development or the opponents....?

The way I see it, emotion can carry you for a while but eventually talent and coaching set in.  Monticello will come out believing and after the first quarter they might have the stadium believing they can win it too--but by halftime, the realization will have set in.  This Warren team is no joke, they didn't come to mess around and they mean business.  I think things will be competitive through-out the first quarter, might even be back and forth but Warren will step on the gas and the Billies throats in the 2nd quarter and won't relent until deep into the 4th quarter.  Hopefully Kinnard and Company continue to get meaningful reps in the passing game as this is still my biggest cause of concern going into the remainder of conference play and the playoffs.  Running game is superb, defense is one of the best Warren has had in the last few seasons, special teams is truly special this season.  Just have to round into form with the passing game and we'll be the best team in 4A going into the playoffs. 

I missed the DeWitt score by a single point last week, lets see if I can do better this week.  Monticello keeps it interesting for the first 12 minutes then the Orange and Black attack ramps up for the remaining 36 minutes.  Billies score once more late on the back-ups to make it feel a little closer than it actually was.  SRS Trophy remains in it's usual location for the 6th straight season.

Warren 48
Monticello 20

-Kyle

Maw

Yes Joseph Brown #28 for the Jacks is a Freshman;We call him JoJo,He is my grandson! Also, #34 John Brown, we call him John Peyton, is my other grandson, He's a Junior at WHS!Go Jacks!

AirWarren

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 17, 2017, 11:11:01 pm
Well, I've been pretty spot on with the Warren games the last few weeks so I figured I'd give it another go this evening.  It's rivalry week in Bradley and Drew Counties and the Saline River Shootout is upon us.  This is one of my all-time favorites when it comes to opponents for the Lumberjacks because there's so much history and so much hatred.  There have been some really good games between these two and I still feel like the game played in 2000 and then the following year in 2001 were two of the very best this match-up has ever seen. 

When looking over the conference going into this year's conference slate, myself and other Warren posters kept listing off numerous other teams as Warren's main 8-4A "competition" through-out the years.  Dollarway said some, Hamburg others, still others said maybe Star City but honestly, looking at it, since joining the conference back in 2012 Monticello has really been the Jacks most consistent contender, or at least gave them the best game.  The last two seasons in particular the Billies have played the Jacks extremely tough.  Even the years Warren won by a bigger margin Monticello (outside of 2013 where they lost 42-0) has scored some points to keep it at least interesting. 

Will this year be any different? Numerous of my fellow Warren bretheren believe that Monticello is here to battle, to put up a fight and take this game deep into the 4th quarter.  They're "buying it", whatever those Billies are selling--NOT ME.  While I respect Monticello and the rivalry, I'm also a realist who sees things for what they are.  Monticello is not a good football team.  They are average, they are a play-off team, but they're not a good ballclub.  They might be 3-1 in the conference but their wins are against Crossett, Dollarway and Star City who are a combined 2-10 in conference play.  They LOST to Hamburg who earlier this season had their lone poster here on Fearless Friday throwing in the towel on them.  They've certainly began to improve these last two weeks but is it really team development or the opponents....?

The way I see it, emotion can carry you for a while but eventually talent and coaching set in.  Monticello will come out believing and after the first quarter they might have the stadium believing they can win it too--but by halftime, the realization will have set in.  This Warren team is no joke, they didn't come to mess around and they mean business.  I think things will be competitive through-out the first quarter, might even be back and forth but Warren will step on the gas and the Billies throats in the 2nd quarter and won't relent until deep into the 4th quarter.  Hopefully Kinnard and Company continue to get meaningful reps in the passing game as this is still my biggest cause of concern going into the remainder of conference play and the playoffs.  Running game is superb, defense is one of the best Warren has had in the last few seasons, special teams is truly special this season.  Just have to round into form with the passing game and we'll be the best team in 4A going into the playoffs. 

I missed the DeWitt score by a single point last week, lets see if I can do better this week.  Monticello keeps it interesting for the first 12 minutes then the Orange and Black attack ramps up for the remaining 36 minutes.  Billies score once more late on the back-ups to make it feel a little closer than it actually was.  SRS Trophy remains in it's usual location for the 6th straight season.

Warren 48
Monticello 20

-Kyle

When the goats come marching in!

LJ06

AirWarren

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 17, 2017, 11:11:01 pm

Warren 48
Monticello 20

-Kyle
Good post Kyle, I always enjoy reading yours and you have been pretty much spot on this year as head of the Persimmon clan from Warren. Hope the Billies come out and make yal sweat but I just don't see it happening either. Not this year.     

Lumberjackfan1978

1998billieblue

Warren 48
Monticello 20

-Kyle

If you are basing your prediction off of one game(Hamburg) that's not good.  Yes we lost that game, but we also had several key players who didn't play.  Even if we win the Hamburg game would you have the same prediction?  Dollarway and Crossett were the first games this year that we were 100% healthy. 

Yes Dollarway and Crossett are not very good, but we handled business just like we should have.  If the games would have been close at all I could see your argument.  But they were beat downs from the beginning.  Crossett had 115yds of total offense.

That being said Monticello has lost a key player on offense for the year, and it will make things even more difficult.  I still say its a 1 score game going into the 4th quarter.  But Warren is to much to handle.

Jacks 35
Billies 16

Romeo

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas