• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkadelphia @ Mena

Started by SportsReporter, October 13, 2017, 07:22:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsReporter

7-0 Ark with 2:52 left in first quarter.

Nacho

I wonder how many flags/yards already?

SportsReporter

SportsReporter

14-0. Ark scores as first quarter ends.

SportsReporter

Pass intercepted by Ark and returned 61 yards for a TD. 21-0 Badgers with 9:29 left in 2nd Quarter.

SportsReporter

24-0 Ark. 8:00 left in 2nd Quarter.

Nacho

Same official called back another TD. That's three If you're counting

SportsReporter

31-0 Ark. 2:59 left in 2nd Quarter.

SportsReporter

31-6 Ark. 60yard TD pass by Mena, but fail to convert on 2-point try. 1:00 left in 1st half.

SportsReporter

38-6 Ark. 23.0 seconds left in 1st half.

SportsReporter

SportsReporter

45-6 Ark. 5:37 left in 3rd Quarter.

SportsReporter

Final. Arkadelphia win 45-6. The Badgers coach was ejected with a few minutes left in the fourth quarter.

polksalet

SportsReporter

Quote from: polksalet on October 13, 2017, 09:27:47 pm
Why was coach ejected.
Not sure. The penalty was originally thought to be a false start on Mena, then Arkadelphia called a timeout and they moved the ball up and called an unsportsmanlike following the timeout against the Badgers. I don't know what he could've been so upset about up by 39 in the 4th.

polksalet

Oldbadger

Didn't know our coach was ejected?

Oldbadger

Did know the officials were clueless!

Oldbadger

SportsReporter

The refs were intact clueless the whole game, but according to Arkadelphia AD their Coach was ejected from the game.

Basketball13

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 13, 2017, 11:45:01 pm
Did know the officials were clueless!

There's an official shortage so we'd love to have you.

First flag was for consistent belittling of the officials from HC. Second flag was for comments insinuating that the officials we're cheating,  being paid off, etc..  Comments we're unnecessary and had no nature in the game,  especially coming from a team up 40. So yes,  HC was ejected.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Basketball13 on October 14, 2017, 11:56:51 am

First flag was for consistent belittling of the officials from HC. Second flag was for comments insinuating that the officials we're cheating,  being paid off, etc..  Comments we're unnecessary and had no nature in the game,  especially coming from a team up 40. So yes,  HC was ejected.

Sounds like some rabbit ear officials. Coach got tossed and he wasn't even cursing? Weak.

Jsmith48

I was standing on Arkadelphia's sideline as the officials were walking off and one of them Said something to an assistant coach for arkadelphia and another official had to make him turn around. The head official told the others they needed to hurry up and get out of there. I don't think they did a very good job but I also don't think they were intentionally trying to change the game in favor of Mena but it could have. They definatly need thicker skin.

hogfan10

Quote from: Basketball13 on October 14, 2017, 11:56:51 am

Just because you're up 40, doesn't mean your kids aren't getting screwed. I think most nights the officiating is pretty good, but when you go to some of these "off the beaten path" schools it can get interesting. Examples from last night could be 2 TDs called back for holding that evidently happened on the other side of the field, or not knowing the correct yardage to mark off on a penalty, or while in the mercy rule not running the clock as it should be.

Oldbadger

All I know, and I was at the game, if I were the HC, I would have been ejected also.  Terrible job of officiating. One specific example was when an official moved the football just prior to measuring for a first down.  The move favored Mena.

Nacho

The HC gets ejected because an assistant made a comment. No cussing, no name calling. Belittling? Maybe, but watch the film.

scrapman

An unsportsmanship on the sideline goes to the HC. Get 2 and you're gone. Shouldn't be after 1.  Was this a second one?

Basketball13

Quote from: scrapman on October 14, 2017, 04:31:37 pm
An unsportsmanship on the sideline goes to the HC. Get 2 and you're gone. Shouldn't be after 1.  Was this a second one?

Yes it was a second one.

mharris31696

Since I'm not up on the rules for a coach getting ejected, what does that mean for next week? Is he out for the whole game, part of the game, or none of the game?

Basketball13

Quote from: hogfan10 on October 14, 2017, 01:23:03 pm
Just because you're up 40, doesn't mean your kids aren't getting screwed. I think most nights the officiating is pretty good, but when you go to some of these "off the beaten path" schools it can get interesting. Examples from last night could be 2 TDs called back for holding that evidently happened on the other side of the field, or not knowing the correct yardage to mark off on a penalty, or while in the mercy rule not running the clock as it should be.

TDs that we're called back had multiple penalties on them. Either way,  they we're coming back.

I'd love to know when incorrect yardage was marked off.  Do you have a quarter and time period for that occurrence? Foul called? What should have the correct result been?

Sportsmanship Stop Clock Mechanics we're utilized at 35. Don't know when the clock was ran incorrectly So I'd like to be enlightened on that as well.

Not trying to be rude,  just trying to see where parts of the referee game may be able to improve.

Oldbadger

Although I was one of the ones complaining about the officiating during this game, after thinking about it, would we rather not be able to play as a result of not having enough officials, or play with fewer officials?  I'll have to side with Basketball13.  As long as the officials are calling impartially we will just have to accept mistakes will be made.  We all make them for sure, in whatever job or endeavor we are participating in.  That's all we can ask.  Since this game was fairly out of hand early, a missed call here and there made no  difference in who won or lost.  However, there will be games where the proper call  is important.  So, perhaps when the officials make a call, maybe a more experienced official could override a call if he feels it is in error, not because a coach wants it, but because it is the right thing to do.  If, however it is a judgment call, go with it.  I don't remember when the call was on the mismeasurement, but it seemed that 10 yards were marked off when it should have been 15.  Anyway, we have to go with what we got and maybe our officials can get more experienced.  On the AAA website it says the officials sometime use HUDL to help get more feedback so if they see that call again they can be more certain it is the right one.

Regarding the ejection of the coach, it seems that he cannot coach at all, in practice for the next game or during the next game for 4 quarters.  He can  appeal it but, unless there was a physical altercation, no review of the video will take place.  They have 3 business days to make the decision.  Someone chime in and correct  me if I'm wrong.

mharris31696

After looking at the AAA rule book it looks like the coach would not be able to be at the venue or coach during the contest. Unless I read it wrong he would be able to coach at practice just not the game.

Oldbadger

hogfan10

Quote from: Basketball13 on October 15, 2017, 10:12:04 am
TDs that we're called back had multiple penalties on them. Either way,  they we're coming back.

I'd love to know when incorrect yardage was marked off.  Do you have a quarter and time period for that occurrence? Foul called? What should have the correct result been?

Sportsmanship Stop Clock Mechanics we're utilized at 35. Don't know when the clock was ran incorrectly So I'd like to be enlightened on that as well.

Not trying to be rude,  just trying to see where parts of the referee game may be able to improve.

It's my understanding that Coach E has been cleared to coach this Friday.
I think that might say something about last Friday night's officiating, or maybe not.

BP74

Second unsportsmanlike conduct penalty to the sideline was not on head coach. It was on assistant. It does not apply to head coach like it would in basketball. Should not have been ejected. The rest of the calls on the night are subjective, just like fans opinions. 😀

hogfan10

Quote from: BP74 on October 17, 2017, 10:54:35 am
Second unsportsmanlike conduct penalty to the sideline was not on head coach. It was on assistant. It does not apply to head coach like it would in basketball. Should not have been ejected. The rest of the calls on the night are subjective, just like fans opinions. 😀

As I said; it could say something about the officiating, or not.
I guess, according to what you posted, at the very least they interpreted at least one rule incorrectly.

BP74

Certainly no jab at you hogfan. Just trying to be funny. We all see things differently. But yes, they did miss that one for sure.

hogfan10

Quote from: BP74 on October 17, 2017, 01:22:12 pm
Certainly no jab at you hogfan. Just trying to be funny. We all see things differently. But yes, they did miss that one for sure.

No worries, didn't take it as a jab.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas