• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marvell @ Des Arc week 7 game

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, October 12, 2017, 06:24:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Game has been moved to tonight and will be played immediately following the Jr high game. The Jr high was scheduled to go to Marvell tonight but it's all been changed.

bigworm

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 12, 2017, 06:24:54 am
Game has been moved to tonight and will be played immediately following the Jr high game. The Jr high was scheduled to go to Marvell tonight but it's all been changed.

Why?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I heard because no refs will go to Marvell after what happened at the carlisle game.

big E

Pick_DA_EAGLES

big E

Hey now you can come to PW tomorrow. And see our new Inflatable that took forever to get here.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on October 12, 2017, 05:20:28 pm
Hey now you can come to PW tomorrow. And see our new Inflatable that took forever to get here.

I'm not even gonna make our games tonight. We are cutting beans.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

big E

Let me guess busted play right or left is what they scored on

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on October 13, 2017, 06:12:52 am
Let me guess busted play right or left is what they scored on

I'm not sure, but I do know it was 36-0 at halftime, so I'm sure we had some back ups in.

MomaLion

Pick,  did you get any confirmation about why the Marvell game was moved to Des Arc? We are scheduled there next week.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on October 14, 2017, 01:33:51 pm
Pick,  did you get any confirmation about why the Marvell game was moved to Des Arc? We are scheduled there next week.

No, sure haven't.

big E

Maybe they will move that game to Clarendon,  y'all could beat them then y'all beat Carlisle.  Then y'all can go to state. And we won't have to read about basketball for a week or 2.

MomaLion

Lol depends on if we have everyone playing against Carlisle. We had 6 starters on the sidelines against McCrory and a couple more that keep coming out with injuries.
You'll still hear about basketball though lol.

arkansasFBscoop

Game was probably moved because Marvell was out of school on Friday. Administration there will not allow games to be played if school is not in session, too hard to get kids to show up.

Easy to poke fun at Marvell, but it's an admin/adult problem there.  Those kids deserve better leadership.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on October 15, 2017, 09:48:09 am
Game was probably moved because Marvell was out of school on Friday. Administration there will not allow games to be played if school is not in session, too hard to get kids to show up.

Easy to poke fun at Marvell, but it's an admin/adult problem there.  Those kids deserve better leadership.

Nobody is poking fun at the kids, all I ever see is praise for the kids who stick it out. Now the so called parents are terrible. I'd be ashamed if not more people than that showed up for a game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on October 15, 2017, 04:56:21 am
Lol depends on if we have everyone playing against Carlisle. We had 6 starters on the sidelines against McCrory and a couple more that keep coming out with injuries.
You'll still hear about basketball though lol.

You know, it's seems like y'all always have "starters" sitting out. Either y'alls off season program needs to get with the program or those kids need some toughness.

MomaLion

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on October 15, 2017, 09:48:09 am

Wouldn't they have known this when the schedule was put out???

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 15, 2017, 11:24:08 am
You know, it's seems like y'all always have "starters" sitting out. Either y'alls off season program needs to get with the program or those kids need some toughness.
Well, Mr smarty pants..when you don't have a ton of players, they play both ways and tend to get hurt.  Now, i'm not sure about y'alls coaches, but ours like them to heal before playing.  We had 4 that didn't play at all, 1 out at half and 1 shortly into the 2nd half.  It's not a matter of conditioning or toughness, it's a matter of safety.  We knew going in that the odds of winning were against us, so why risk further injury???
That said, we definitely need better attendance at the summer weight room...but other than that, they are as tough as they come.

big E

There's a big difference between pain and injury. One of our best linemen has been playing with cracked ribs for 4 weeks.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on October 16, 2017, 05:16:38 am
There's a big difference between pain and injury. One of our best linemen has been playing with cracked ribs for 4 weeks.
Well that falls on the coach and parents to do what's best for the kid's health.  I'm certainly not wishing harm to any kid but if he took a hit the wrong way, one of those cracked ribs could puncture a lung.  Maybe it's because I work in the medical field, but I can't see any possible benefit to playing injured...Dr certified injured that is.

big E

Sometimes you just gotta put a rib vest on and man up. Football is not for pansies it's a violent game everyone gets bumps and bruises. Some kids these days have 0 tolerance for pain.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on October 17, 2017, 05:27:25 am
Sometimes you just gotta put a rib vest on and man up. Football is not for pansies it's a violent game everyone gets bumps and bruises. Some kids these days have 0 tolerance for pain.
I'm sorry, but there's a difference in playing with pain and risking a serious situation.  Heck, we had a player dislocate his knee last year and dropped his pants right there on the sideline and had it put back and went back in the game...that's tough.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas