• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HA Vs Mayflower

Started by Inigo Montoya, October 10, 2017, 03:38:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is going to win? Vota Vota Vota Amigos :)

HA
14 (35%)
Mayflower
26 (65%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Inigo Montoya

Coltfan2005

would love to see HA win this one.

bootlegger

i wouldnt be surprised if harding makes this a close game,maybe 28 to 21 or something along those lines

Skip Baymore

Does anyone know who is going to be out for H.A. (or still be out) this week?   I'm guessing that Harlow wont be back but not sure about the status of some of the other injured players, or Koch from last week.

HogRider12

Mayflower by 30+, Harding will not be able to stop the run.

BoogieMan27

Quote from: Skip Baymore on October 10, 2017, 10:36:34 pm
Does anyone know who is going to be out for H.A. (or still be out) this week?   I'm guessing that Harlow wont be back but not sure about the status of some of the other injured players, or Koch from last week.
I am pretty sure that Kock broke his ankle last week. I would also assume Harlow is out for the year with a broken wrist.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BoogieMan27 on October 11, 2017, 09:23:21 am
I am pretty sure that Kock broke his ankle last week. I would also assume Harlow is out for the year with a broken wrist.
If accurate, that doesn't bode well for the Wildcats, this week. They might be able to get by with some of their other talented receivers, but this creates a huge deficit on defense.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 11, 2017, 11:52:56 am
If accurate, that doesn't bode well for the Wildcats, this week. They might be able to get by with some of their other talented receivers, but this creates a huge deficit on defense.

It wasn't a break, but I don't know his availability.  High ankle sprain. 

BoogieMan27

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 11, 2017, 11:52:56 am
I would say 99% sure. If Mayflower locks down Turley, they'll win big.

panther07

Quote from: BoogieMan27 on October 11, 2017, 12:43:49 pm

100% not a break, But like I said, I don't know if he's playing.

Redwolves8526

Wildcats just aren't very good period with everyone healthy. Mayflower by 3 TD's

Coach Jones

Mayflower is the real deal.  Speed everywhere.

MisterJuan

Lions84

Grayte88

Eagles by 2-3 Tds. HA gave up 425 yards rushing to Barton a few weeks ago. The twins are likely to run wild Friday night, hopefully the Eagles handle the passing game. Overall speed gives MF a huge advantage..

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BoogieMan27 on October 11, 2017, 12:43:49 pm
If they focus too much on Turley, it could cost them. He's not the only receiver still active with over 100 receiving yards last week.

BoogieMan27

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 11, 2017, 02:58:34 pm
If they focus too much on Turley, it could cost them. He's not the only receiver still active with over 100 receiving yards last week.
CR gave away the middle all night and just wasn't great in pass coverage. I think Mayflower is better defensively and can handle the others. Turley is by far the best kid.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BoogieMan27 on October 11, 2017, 05:57:31 pm
CR gave away the middle all night and just wasn't great in pass coverage. I think Mayflower is better defensively and can handle the others. Turley is by far the best kid.
All that may be true. I'm just saying, that there are others who can catch and run. Even without Koch and Harlow, HA is not a one-trick pony.

Bigred18

WilderKat

Peanuts. Get ya peanuts....
6-0 mayflower
Wilcat 3rd and 1 on eagle 44 .....now 1st down on eagle 12. ....now touchdown wildcats....extrapoint good for two....

232in the first

WilderKat

21-8 mayflower

2 minutes to go in the half

FoxandHound34

eaglecd

panther07

28-14. Pretty good football game. Twins are just a little too much to handle.

eaglecd

eaglecd

BoogieMan27

Mayflower big, just like I thought. They are legit.

FoxandHound34

Yawn knew this was coming

CoolBreeze

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on October 13, 2017, 10:08:09 pm
Yawn knew this was coming
So did everyone else, including Harding fans. For what it's worth, the Wildcats were short 8 players tonight due to injuries. Would they have won if the 8 were healthy? Likely not, but it would have been a much better game. The difference in the game was that the Eagles finished their drives, the Wildcats did not. One of their scoring drives was aided by more than 25 yards in penalties. The other was a long pass on which #1 fell down in pass coverage.

FoxandHound34

I'm just waiting to hear if it's the coaches or referred or Waterboys fault on the game

CoolBreeze

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on October 13, 2017, 10:16:04 pm
I'm just waiting to hear if it's the coaches or referred or Waterboys fault on the game
It's the fault of the guy keeping score. He just kept adding points for the wrong team.

panther07

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on October 13, 2017, 10:16:04 pm

Who do you support fox?

And who really said much about HA winning?

FoxandHound34

Seems like every week HA has an excuse for losing panther one week it's the referred bad spots, nexts it's the coaches

panther07

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on October 13, 2017, 10:36:40 pm
Seems like every week HA has an excuse for losing panther one week it's the referred bad spots, nexts it's the coaches

You didn't answer my question.

FoxandHound34

I don't support anyone. I havent been in school in a long time. I watch a lot of high school football in Arkansas though

Skip Baymore

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on October 13, 2017, 08:25:35 pm
What's going on Cats??

You were keeping close tabs on this one huh (like all HA games apparently, lol).  Congrats though to  Mayflower and the Eagle fans though.  Mayflower head and shoulders the best in conference.   I will be pulling for Mayflower come playoff time.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Skip Baymore on October 14, 2017, 12:07:36 am
You were keeping close tabs on this one huh (like all HA games apparently, lol).  Congrats though to  Mayflower and the Eagle fans though.  Mayflower head and shoulders the best in conference.   I will be pulling for Mayflower come playoff time.
+1

By the way, how can a guy who weighs less than 160 be so cotton-pickin' hard to bring down?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 14, 2017, 01:23:13 pm
+1

By the way, how can a guy who weighs less than 160 be so cotton-pickin' hard to bring down?

And only stands at 5'6". Pure strength and will power.

panther07

+1

It's crazy. Second half defense really played well. We'd have the play shut down and somehow those two backs would turn absolutely nothing into 5 or 6 over and over. And if there is a crease, they're gone.

Was underwhelmed with the rest of the team, however. I think those two backs will carry them a ways, but not sure they can beat really good teams. Time will tell, though.

Wiseman1023

Quote from: panther07 on October 14, 2017, 01:44:26 pm
It's crazy. Second half defense really played well. We'd have the play shut down and somehow those two backs would turn absolutely nothing into 5 or 6 over and over. And if there is a crease, they're gone.

Was underwhelmed with the rest of the team, however. I think those two backs will carry them a ways, but not sure they can beat really good teams. Time will tell, though.

The twins are really good, but can't underestimate others too much. That defense is pretty legit & that is a team effort. Defense has been good all year.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on October 14, 2017, 01:44:26 pm

At one point in the 4th quarter the QB was 7 of 7 passing. I don't remember an incomplete pass after that, although there might have been one. Not a lot of yards, but they didn't need many. Just enough to keep teams from selling out completely to stop the run.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Wiseman1023 on October 14, 2017, 02:02:23 pm

The twins are really good, but can't underestimate others too much. That defense is pretty legit & that is a team effort. Defense has been good all year.
True. Not the Mayflower defense of recent years when every game was a shootout.

I was very impressed with the Eagles pass defense. Time and again Morgan completed a pass to a receiver who found himself facing 2 or 3 tacklers who brought him down for a short gain or even a loss. I remember that at one point early in the 2nd half, one HA receiver had caught three 2nd-half passes for 4, 0, and -3 yards.

Williebe147

+1

You have to put your hands on him to put him down. Very quick and can make those dime cuts. The twins are the best in 3=A. Can score from any place on the field at any time.

WilderKat

I must admit, I fell asleep shortly after posting scores .....during halftime. (Woke up in chapel...)

It's a bummer. And, I don't blame the referee or coaches, nor the players themselves. Im just saying it was a real bummer. I even set the thing to play on TV, yet... I still fell asleep.

I must get my mind in the game!

Skip Baymore

+1

In a nutshell, I think its called "having a gift," lol.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Williebe147 on October 14, 2017, 04:08:12 pm
  You have to put your hands on him to put him down. Very quick and can make those dime cuts. The twins are the best in 3=A. Can score from any place on the field at any time.
That's the least of it. Time and again on Friday night one or more Wildcat defenders would have him wrapped up and he would either break free and gain another five years or at least write his way forward for a couple more. It looked like trying to capture a greased pig.

HogRider12

Their QB went 10/10 110 yards and 2TD. Meshach Cole ran through a defender and ran for a TD. All around talent on the eagles.

panther07

Quote from: HogRider12 on October 15, 2017, 01:27:17 pm
Their QB went 10/10 110 yards and 2TD. Meshach Cole ran through a defender and ran for a TD. All around talent on the eagles.

Besides one pass (to you guessed it, one of the twins) down the sideline on wheel route, the QB didn't throw anything but a bubble or a hitch.  I'm not saying they need to throw anything more, but the game is won by the two twins.  There's no question.  Luckily, they're good enough to win lots of games. 

Wardog87

Panther took the words out of my mouth. I saw 2 passes go past the line of scrimmage.

Grayte88

MF has other weapons not like the twins ofcourse. They can throw it down the field. They just haven't had to and Langrell keeps the ball in the twins hands. I don't blame him. Lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas