• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Week 7

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, October 10, 2017, 02:45:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

October 10, 2017, 02:45:29 pm Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:00:00 pm by PokeyRedskinStudentScout
We've made it this far already, and the season isn't slowing down. Let's get straight to week 7 picks and analysis:
Pocahontas @ Cave City: The Redskins won last week on a game-winning 6 yard TD pass by Devon Adams, who looks better each week. Cave City's fall continues, and the Redskins set up for a big matchup with Gosnell.
Redskins- 51 Cavemen- 19
Highland @ Gosnell: Highland has won two of their last three, and is improving, but not enough to win 3 of the last 4. Gosnell surprised some last week by overpowering previously undefeated Trumann.
Pirates: 36 Rebels: 12
Trumann @ Harrisburg: The Wildcats go to Harrisburg suffering their first loss of the year. Harrisburg competed with Highland for 2 1/2 quarters before falling. I think it's closer than most think, but Trumann wins.
Wildcats: 42 Hornets:24
Westside @ Brookland: Brookland has shown large signs of improvement, nearly upsetting Pocahontas at home. Westside is in the same ship, and their experience shows.
Warriors: 36 Bearcats: 24

etowneraser

I think we are in good agreement this week.

JONESBORO WESTSIDE (-12) at Brookland
POCAHONTAS (-35) at Cave City
Highland at GOSNELL (-35)
TRUMANN (-17) at Harrisburg

Enjoy

bigchief72455

Westside and Brookland can go either way. Brooklaand has played two close games that they lost in the last minute. If they can get physical with Westside and keep their penalties low then they have a chance of winning. Harrisburg will give Trumann a game in the beginning but the game will get away from them in the second half. Gosnell will handily beat Highland. Pocahontas will easily get past Cave City. This may be the one game where the Skins can pull their starters out after the first 2 to 3 quarters.

Coltfan2005

I have to wonder about the strength of this conference when Gosnell leads it, having lost this season to 3 of the 3-3A teams. Oh well, get ready in 2018 for the Colts.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Next year will be extremely fun, with Gosnells strong to be senior class, Pocahontas' upcoming sophomores and Rivercrest being added. The Colts aren't the average "take 3 years to be competitive in the 4A" because they've proved they can beat good 4A teams. Oh well, it's still this year and not 2018, but it will be a competition.

Ghs21

Gosnell was missing quite a few starters in those first 3 games. That could be a big reason why they weren't clicking

Ghs21

All there starters are back and healthy as of now and will return a very good senior class next year.

ISU7

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on October 10, 2017, 02:45:29 pm
We've made it this far already, and the season isn't slowing down. Let's get straight to week 7 picks and analysis:
Pocahontas @ Cave City: The Redskins won last week on a game-winning 6 yard TD pass by Devon Adams, who looks better each week. Cave City's fall continues, and the Redskins set up for a big matchup with Gosnell.
Redskins- 51 Cavemen- 19
Highland @ Gosnell: Highland has won two of their last three, and is improving, but not enough to win 3 of the last 4. Gosnell surprised some last week by overpowering previously undefeated Trumann.
Pirates: 36 Rebels: 12
Trumann @ Harrisburg: The Wildcats go to Harrisburg suffering their first loss of the year. Harrisburg competed with Highland for 2 1/2 quarters before falling. I think it's closer than most think, but Trumann wins.
Wildcats: 42 Hornets:24
Westside @ Brookland: Brookland has shown large signs of improvement, nearly upsetting Pocahontas at home. Westside is in the same ship, and their experience shows.
Warriors: 36 Bearcats: 24
I guess you never saw Gosnell play this season. I pick them too win that conference after their non conf. games.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 11, 2017, 09:31:21 pm
I have to wonder about the strength of this conference when Gosnell leads it, having lost this season to 3 of the 3-3A teams. Oh well, get ready in 2018 for the Colts.
Gosnell was a wide open  two pt conversion fumble from beating Osceola with out their main rb, Crest & Newport  scored late and beat them. I knew the that the would beat Trumann and should win the 3-4A.Gosnell will have all their rb's back next season so they will be a tough team to deal with in the 3-4A.

ISU7

Quote from: Ghs21 on October 11, 2017, 11:22:01 pm
Gosnell was missing quite a few starters in those first 3 games. That could be a big reason why they weren't clicking
Gosnell had all their skill players back against Crest 34 24 23 and 2.

bigchief72455

I also had no doubt of Gosnell beating Trumann. Their non conf schedules alone were a tell tale sign. Gosnell lost close games to 3 very good teams. Trumann did not play that difficult a non conf schedule and their victory over Pocahontas was not something to pound their chest over. Gosnell has a very stingy defense and an offense that can grind down the field and then blow open a large run. Folks can say what they want about non conf opponents but my belief is that it is far better to face teams that your players are going to have to really work hard to beat then to schedule teams that you should beat fairly easy. It will make a difference in your post season. And with Gosnell and Trumann being the 1 and 2 seed,I would be pretty certain you will see a difference in how the games look for them in the first round win or lose. I have not witnessed too many teams go deep that spent most of their season pulling their starters and mercy ruling everybody.

Shooter McGavin

hoskinsplace

Quote from: ISU7 on October 13, 2017, 01:19:10 am
Gosnell had all their skill players back against Crest 34 24 23 and 2.
No they had 32 missing and 34 was not in on that game so they were missing two their big players that play both ways. Both are HUGE on Defense, I might add also while 34 is Big on both sides of the ball. Keep your eyes on the Pirate Ship the rest of the Year.

Ghs21

Gosnell will be without there quarterback next week. Was ejected tonight

NEA Razorback olfan

Westside 11
Brookland 8
F

bigchief72455

What did he do to get ejected.

Ghs21

I believe two personal fouls in a row. The game got a little chippy in the 4th quarter. A lot of penalty flags and a lot of personal fouls. I'm not sure what they were about.

bigchief72455

Dang. Have to learn to keep your cool in those situations.

Ghs21

Gosnell rested there starting running back #23 tonight hoping to have him for next week. Also starts at linebacker

bigchief72455

Thats good. We hope to have a good game with you guys next week.

Ghs21

It should be a good one. A lot still on the line

bigchief72455

Yes. It could get interesting.

Ghs21

The pirates actually have two ejected players. Starting guard and quaterback and they are not deep. Could be a very close game Friday

Csa17

So what happens to the conference standings if pocahontas beats Gosnell next week does trumann slide into first they will likey end the season 9-1

MrBackup10

Quote from: Csa17 on October 14, 2017, 11:00:06 am
So what happens to the conference standings if pocahontas beats Gosnell next week does trumann slide into first they will likey end the season 9-1

Both Pocahontas and Gosnell played much tougher non conference schedules so 9-1 doesn't mean anything.

Csa17

Something has to decide who is where if trumann beat pocahontas and pocahontas beats Gosnell and Gosnell beat trumann I just don't know what they look at in that situation whether it is overall schedule or points allowed or what I'm just asking

Csa17

If trumann is the only conference loss pocahontas has and pocahontas is the only loss Gosnell has and gosnell is the only loss trumann has what do they look at to decide conference standings

Ghs21

They look at the tiebreakers

Csa17

What r tiebreaker points based on

Csa17

It appears to b the amount of points u win by with a max of 13 each game

Ghs21

It is and right now gosnell has the tiebreaker

bulldoghistorian

Tiebreaker points are the points a team gets per conference win, you get a max of 13 points per win! It is used when at least 3 teams end up with the same conference record against each other!
In this case, if Pokey, Gosnell, and Trumann all finish 1-1 against eachother, you would use this system.
The team with the least amount of points would get the lowest seed of the 3 teams, then you go head to head between 2 remaining teams to determine the other 2 seeds.

Csa17

The pocahontas Gosnell game could make things interesting

bigchief72455

If Pocahontas wins this next week and all 3 teams finish conference with only one loss each. It would still be Gosnell,Trumann,Pocahontas in that order.

bodycounTT

I'm not really understanding the love for Pokey right now. Their conference wins so far have came from against teams that are combined 1-11 and their non conference win was against winless Paragould. Lost by 21+ to every decent team they've played. Any explanation would help for why they are getting love right now? Honestly I think they'll be a 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: bodycounTT on October 15, 2017, 12:36:55 pm
I'm not really understanding the love for Pokey right now. Their conference wins so far have came from against teams that are combined 1-11 and their non conference win was against winless Paragould. Lost by 21+ to every decent team they've played. Any explanation would help for why they are getting love right now? Honestly I think they'll be a 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs.
Loss to Gosnell is probable and they should win their last 2 games. I don't know where you're getting 4 or 5 seed from, because it should be 1. Gosnell 2. Trumann 3 Pocahontas 4. Westside 5. Highland

bodycounTT

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on October 15, 2017, 02:49:08 pm
Loss to Gosnell is probable and they should win their last 2 games. I don't know where you're getting 4 or 5 seed from, because it should be 1. Gosnell 2. Trumann 3 Pocahontas 4. Westside 5. Highland

I'm insinuating that they would lose to Westside or Highland. Revert to last argument for reasoning.

bigchief72455

Guess we will have to wait and see.

Qhcaoc

October 16, 2017, 01:23:25 pm #38 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 01:25:12 pm by Qhcaoc
Quote from: Ghs21 on October 13, 2017, 11:12:10 pm
The pirates actually have two ejected players. Starting guard and quaterback and they are not deep. Could be a very close game Friday

only the QB was ejected the other player was take out by the coach because of the penalty

Ghs21

Will he have to miss the entire game next week?

Qhcaoc

EJECTIONS
A. A participant is prohibited from participation (ineligible) from the point of ejection plus:
1. Football — next four (4) consecutive full quarters of comparable events.

Ghs21

I heard he gets to play is this true

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas