• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Badger Bash @ Mena Homecoming?

Started by SportsReporter, October 10, 2017, 01:12:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsReporter

Arkadelphia will be in Mena for the Bearcats homecoming game. After smashing Fountain Lake 70-7, how bad will they beat up on the Bearcats? It could turn out to be a really sad year for Mena after winning their first three, but now have lost their past three, and last two by a total of five points.

ABC™

Isn't the idea to schedule your homecoming against a team you feel you can beat?

SportsReporter

Quote from: ABC™ on October 10, 2017, 01:23:00 pm
Isn't the idea to schedule your homecoming against a team you feel you can beat?
I thought that was how it goes. Not sure when Mena ever thought the Badgers were a good easy matchup for homecoming. I would think more of a Fountain Lake team or the rival Waldron Bulldogs.

FootBallar21

Quote from: SportsReporter on October 10, 2017, 01:27:56 pm
I thought that was how it goes. Not sure when Mena ever thought the Badgers were a good easy matchup for homecoming. I would think more of a Fountain Lake team or the rival Waldron Bulldogs.

you schedule home coming at the end of the year,  and Mena always does Sr. Night the last home game.   So there were really only two options,  Ashdown or Arkadelphia  neither a good choice,  but with what Mena thought of its team felt both were winnable.    Then with the kids they lost and with this team under preforming both were clearly not good options.    They probably picked Arkadelphia because they have a solid record vs them ,  where as Ashdown has had Mena's number most years!   

Mena let two close games slip away along with their playoff chances,  so I am not sure if a motivated team will show up or not.   If one does they could keep it close for awhile,  if not this one gets ugly early and only gets worse.   

Arkadelphia 56
Mena 14

Digger#23

Nacho

Two touchdowns called back already. Mena's officials starting to sound like someone else's in the 7-4A...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas