• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CF coaches gone after the season, and their possible replacements

Started by BigLion10, October 09, 2017, 02:24:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

As midseason hits who are some College football coaches you think will be gone and some possible candidates.

For me I think Jones is gone at Tennessee, Sumlin at A&M, Ole Miss will be looking for a full-time one, Mizzou's coach is toast as well as Oregon State

HorseFeathers

Rulesman

1-Adam-12

sevenof400

I'm not sure about Missouri - they self inflicted so much damage there it would be hard to blame a coach for anything.

HorseFeathers

LRRandy

Quote from: Rulesman on October 09, 2017, 09:05:35 pm
Fisher at Free Shoes U will go before McElwain is canned.
if Fisher leaves it will be his decision. FSU knows they have one of the better coaches in the country.

sevenof400

Quote from: LRRandy on October 12, 2017, 11:23:55 am
if Fisher leaves it will be his decision. FSU knows they have one of the better coaches in the country.

This reminds me of the recently (and often) cited fact that Fisher is among the very few active coaches with a NC on his resume.  That being considered, I would tend to agree with LRRandy in that Fisher is not going anywhere anytime soon. 

Rulesman

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 12, 2017, 12:30:17 pm
...I would tend to agree with LRRandy in that Fisher is not going anywhere anytime soon. 
I didn't say he was. I said he would go BEFORE McElwain. Whenever that might be.

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 12, 2017, 12:30:17 pm
This reminds me of the recently (and often) cited fact that Fisher is among the very few active coaches with a NC on his resume.  That being considered, I would tend to agree with LRRandyin that Fisher is not going anywhere anytime soon.
careful now, you don't want that info getting out to everybody. 😀

beach bum

Petrino is going to Tennessee.... Now that the AD at Louisville was fired because he refused to let Pitino go. The only thing that was keeping Petrino at Louisville was that AD who gave him a second chance.

bdubyab60

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 14, 2017, 06:00:05 pm
Orgeron off the hot seat

What a pathetic game for Auburn.... They had a huge lead against them and could not get one more score to finish LSU off.

War Eagle

beach bum

Quote from: War Eagle on October 14, 2017, 09:05:57 pm
You guys can have Malzahn.  He has reached his ceiling

Hey at least you know our offense is so bad that all you need is 17 points and you will win in Fayetteville.

bdubyab60

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 16, 2017, 07:18:47 pm
Dare I say Sumlin has cooled his seat some as well.

I agree... Which would have sounded crazy just a month ago. I actually feel they need to keep him cause watching them the last couple games one could argue they look like they have the potential to become the #2 in the West moving forward the next few years with their young pieces. The QB and others are starting to play better and better for them. If they get to 8-4 and win a decent bowl game I don't really know how you could fire him looking at the potential Texas A&M has the next couple years.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on October 16, 2017, 07:25:25 pm
I agree... Which would have sounded crazy just a month ago. I actually feel they need to keep him cause watching them the last couple games one could argue they look like they have the potential to become the #2 in the West moving forward the next few years with their young pieces. The QB and others are starting to play better and better for them. If they get to 8-4 and win a decent bowl game I don't really know how you could fire him looking at the potential Texas A&M has the next couple years.
I agree. SEC hot seat is now BB, Jones and Mcelwain imo. A&M is showing improvements that we should be showing.

Gus's seat is getting a little warm too

VHSCoach2

Tyson Summers has been fired at Georgia Southern.

I guess that happens when your team loses to Massachusetts by 35.

VHSCoach2

Reports are surfacing that Kevin Sumlin will be dismissed at Texas A&M.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas