• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 7 - Nashville vs Ashdown

Started by ~WPS~, October 08, 2017, 10:26:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapman

Quote from: MouthOfTheSouth215 on October 09, 2017, 04:52:54 pm
Don't matter "how far you want to go back" last time I checked this is this year and Nashville is pretty bad this year and Ashdown isn't. Just accept it and move on.
Ashdown shouldn't count their chickens yet. Last I checked, Bauxite is the only team they have played with a winning record.

Spurfan

Yea but its still hard to say next 3 weeks you can see how good ashdown is because they are playing 3 top teams without one of their biggest weapon. I think if you take one of the top players off nashville, arky, and robinson. They would not be the same team. They are a good team but no near as good if jaden was playing

scrapman

Quote from: Spurfan on October 09, 2017, 07:50:28 pm
Yea but its still hard to say next 3 weeks you can see how good ashdown is because they are playing 3 top teams without one of their biggest weapon. I think if you take one of the top players off nashville, arky, and robinson. They would not be the same team. They are a good team but no near as good if jaden was playing
Part of the game. Just like how Robinson played Arky and Nashville when both were missing their top rusher.

Scooter2121

Quote from: scrapman on October 09, 2017, 07:26:25 pm
Ashdown shouldn't count their chickens yet. Last I checked, Bauxite is the only team they have played with a winning record.
Ashdown still will not be playing a team with a winning record Friday night!!!

Spurfan

Yes you are right its part of the game but it still dont change the fact that he is a big part. You may have played that game without him. But long term are you better with or without your running back. Thats all im saying.

Spurfan

I get what your saying. The point im making you cant judge a team on how good they really are if they are missing a big piece. But hey everybody deals with injuries

scrapman

Quote from: Scooter2121 on October 09, 2017, 08:17:16 pm
Yep...Should be an easy win then

Spurfan

Well maybe. You never know thats why every game takes on a personality of its own.

SCRAPYARD

October 09, 2017, 09:33:31 pm #58 Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:37:42 pm by SCRAPYARD
Quote from: Scooter2121 on October 09, 2017, 08:17:16 pm
So there is now way Ashdown can lose. For the love of god.

panther 65

Sadly enough injuries are part of the game but are never an excuse to lose...Ashdown wins this one by at least 14

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: panther 65 on October 09, 2017, 09:45:16 pm
Sadly enough injuries are part of the game but are never an excuse to lose...Ashdown wins this one by at least 14
Should win by 14! fify

polksalet

What's the story on the new qb and scheme?

Spurfan

Yes ashdown could lose just like any other team could lose. You just never know how the game going to play out is all im saying. No team is unbeatable.

Spurfan

The new quarterback from what i could tell is a pretty good athlete but is inexperience. They are still running the same scheme but it will have to be altered the next few weeks because of the inexperience. You really dont want to have the sophmore try to do too much. He should manage the game and hope the playmakers can take pressure off him

panther 65

Bond is a good athlete...he was playing DE/OLB before Hill went down...he has played a lot of snaps at QB just not at this level...Ashdowns running game will be his best friend or worst enemy

Spurfan

Yes sir. It would help him alot too have a good running game. I know if he gets the ball out to his-wideouts they will make plays.

ABC™

How is Ashdown up front this year?

Spurfan

They are better upfront this year than previous years. They are bigger than last year and they have more depth. Defense is very solid upfront and all around the defense has been very good this year.

panther 65

Ashdown has played very well up front, both offensively and defensively. Their defense is very good but hasn't faced much speed at wideout yet.

panther 65

How do the scrappers look upfront so far?

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Just looking at this game as a casual observer, no dog in this hunt, I think there is one stark difference between these two teams and it's why I think one has the edge going into this game: Ashdown plays defense.  The Panthers are giving up 8ppg defensively so far this season.  Now, they haven't played a barn-burner schedule but regardless, when you hold teams to single digits, that's impressive no matter WHO the competition is.

Nashville plays no defense, I mean, zero  They're giving up 32.5ppg (lets round up and call it 33).  If you're giving up that many points you better pray your offense is out of this world and unfortunately for Nashville this season, the offense just hasn't been there when the Scrappers have needed it. 

I know when Hill went down with the injury I bailed off the Ashdown train but they certainly don't look to have skipped a beat last week against Malvern.  Nashville I feel is digressing as we've gone deeper into the season.  They showed last week that against an athletic, tenacious defense the QB play wasn't there as the Senator defense punished him into poor decisions.  I don't see things going any better for Nashville this week.  I think the Panthers have the studs on defense and are athletic enough to get pressure on the QB and force some INTs for the opportunistic defense.  Ashdown's offense, even without Hill, is still more than potent enough to put up points on this porous Scrapper defense.  I think Nashville will be trying to play catch-up all night which plays right into Ashdown's favor as their defense will be able to pin their ears back and get after the passer.

I think Ashdown jumps out early and never looks back--I won't call it a rout, but I don't think it'll be close either.

Ashdown 34
Nashville 17

-Kyle

ABC™

The defense hasn't been the problem. The only bad game they had was against DQ. Since then the defense has actually been pretty good. Held Arkie to 21 points and Robinson to 20 points through 3 quarters but got wore down because the offense couldn't stay on the field and score points. It all starts up front on offense. Nashville struggles to run against a good defensive front which makes them one dimensional and defenses can sit back and play the pass like Arkadelphia. Or blitz and make the QB run for his life like Robinson.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 09, 2017, 11:40:47 pm
Just looking at this game as a casual observer, no dog in this hunt, I think there is one stark difference between these two teams and it's why I think one has the edge going into this game: Ashdown plays defense.  The Panthers are giving up 8ppg defensively so far this season.  Now, they haven't played a barn-burner schedule but regardless, when you hold teams to single digits, that's impressive no matter WHO the competition is.

Nashville plays no defense, I mean, zero  They're giving up 32.5ppg (lets round up and call it 33).  If you're giving up that many points you better pray your offense is out of this world and unfortunately for Nashville this season, the offense just hasn't been there when the Scrappers have needed it. 

I know when Hill went down with the injury I bailed off the Ashdown train but they certainly don't look to have skipped a beat last week against Malvern.  Nashville I feel is digressing as we've gone deeper into the season.  They showed last week that against an athletic, tenacious defense the QB play wasn't there as the Senator defense punished him into poor decisions.  I don't see things going any better for Nashville this week.  I think the Panthers have the studs on defense and are athletic enough to get pressure on the QB and force some INTs for the opportunistic defense.  Ashdown's offense, even without Hill, is still more than potent enough to put up points on this porous Scrapper defense.  I think Nashville will be trying to play catch-up all night which plays right into Ashdown's favor as their defense will be able to pin their ears back and get after the passer.

I think Ashdown jumps out early and never looks back--I won't call it a rout, but I don't think it'll be close either.

Ashdown 34
Nashville 17

-Kyle
From your post I'd say your dog is purple and yellow

Quote from: youhavenoidea on October 10, 2017, 11:15:30 am
From your post I'd say your dog is purple and yellow

Not necessarily, just calling it like I see it and Ashdown has put together a better argument for why I think they'll come out on top.  You can't win a ballgame if you can't score points.  The Panthers are better than the Scrappers at preventing teams from scoring and Ashdown also has a more capable offense at scoring points, even with the injury to Hill.  I know you're trying to spin it as I'm anti-Scrappers but that couldn't be farther from the truth.  Class 4A is better when Nashville is competitive but this season, the Scrappers aren't on their A-game.  Ashdown is strong in all the places that Nashville is not. Advantage Panthers.   

Sorry if that logic leads you to believe I'm pulling for Ashdown.  I honestly could care less if Nashville wins the game.  From what I've seen so far this season, I feel that would be unlikely though.

-Kyle

youhavenoidea

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 10, 2017, 11:21:30 am
Not necessarily, just calling it like I see it and Ashdown has put together a better argument for why I think they'll come out on top.  You can't win a ballgame if you can't score points.  The Panthers are better than the Scrappers at preventing teams from scoring and Ashdown also has a more capable offense at scoring points, even with the injury to Hill.  I know you're trying to spin it as I'm anti-Scrappers but that couldn't be farther from the truth.  Class 4A is better when Nashville is competitive but this season, the Scrappers aren't on their A-game.  Ashdown is strong in all the places that Nashville is not. Advantage Panthers.   

Sorry if that logic leads you to believe I'm pulling for Ashdown.  I honestly could care less if Nashville wins the game.  From what I've seen so far this season, I feel that would be unlikely though.

-Kyle
the same offense that has scored 35pts in the last two weeks

ABC™

Quote from: youhavenoidea on October 10, 2017, 11:30:25 am
+1  Their defense and special teams made last week a blowout.  The offense has proven nothing since Hill went down.

Quote from: youhavenoidea on October 10, 2017, 11:30:25 am

Yup, that'd be the one.  Are you saying they DON'T have enough offensive firepower to score on Nashville?  I'm confused by your argument here.  Help me make sense of your stance here.

-Kyle

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ABC™ on October 10, 2017, 12:13:56 pm
+1  Their defense and special teams made last week a blowout.  The offense has proven nothing since Hill went down.

How many of the 42 points last week were defense and special teams?

ABC™

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 10, 2017, 12:14:58 pm
Yup, that'd be the one.  Are you saying they DON'T have enough offensive firepower to score on Nashville?  I'm confused by your argument here.  Help me make sense of your stance here.

-Kyle

Offensive firepower is one thing.  Good coaching is another.  Ashdown always has the firepower, but that doesn't always translate to lots of points.

ABC™

youhavenoidea

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 10, 2017, 12:14:58 pm

-Kyle
You say firepower and I see a team that offensively is averaging 17.5 ppg(let's round up and call it 18) for the last two weeks... against Bauxite and Malvern...nothing against either team, but when I think of good defensive teams in 4A, those two aren't the first I think of, respect to Bauxite though playing much tougher and better this year...does that make sense?

Quote from: ABC™ on October 10, 2017, 12:13:56 pm

Guys, so we're acting like scoring in all phases of the football game is a BAD thing?  Uhhh.....correct me if I'm wrong but the goal is to put the most points on the board.  I don't give a flip if my offense, defense or special teams is the one scoring points, as long as I end up with more than the other guy at the end of the night....I'm ok with that scenario. 

Again, I think that proves my point even further.  Their offense is good enough to score against Nashville alone.  Add in a scoring defense and a solid special teams unit--does not look good for the Scrappers.  Nashville has already shown they can't block an aggressive, athletic defensive front (see Robinson game).  Ashdown has a pretty good front 7 too guys.....so I'm sure the Panthers don't mind if some of their points are coming from the defensive side of the ball. 

I don't know if I've ever seen an argument where someone isn't happy with defensive and special teams TDs.  Heck, take those away and I still think Ashdown beats Nashville.  I think Scrapper posters need to take a step back and realize this team, this year it just doesn't have what some of their teams in the past have.  That's not a demeaning statement, and it's nothing personal against Nashville, just my observation.  They have an unreliable offense when they need it and a defense that's extremely suspect.  The Panthers have a team capable of beating them. 

I think the one thing we can all agree on that many of the Nashville guys have said, coaching trumps everything.  Maybe the Ashdown coaching staff coaches their way into a hole.  If that's the case then shame on them because they have a more than capable team.  Best of luck to both teams Friday night, may the best TEAM win!

-Kyle

ABC™

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 10, 2017, 12:43:07 pm
Guys, so we're acting like scoring in all phases of the football game is a BAD thing?  Uhhh.....correct me if I'm wrong but the goal is to put the most points on the board.  I don't give a flip if my offense, defense or special teams is the one scoring points, as long as I end up with more than the other guy at the end of the night....I'm ok with that scenario. 

Again, I think that proves my point even further.  Their offense is good enough to score against Nashville alone.  Add in a scoring defense and a solid special teams unit--does not look good for the Scrappers.  Nashville has already shown they can't block an aggressive, athletic defensive front (see Robinson game).  Ashdown has a pretty good front 7 too guys.....so I'm sure the Panthers don't mind if some of their points are coming from the defensive side of the ball. 

I don't know if I've ever seen an argument where someone isn't happy with defensive and special teams TDs.  Heck, take those away and I still think Ashdown beats Nashville.  I think Scrapper posters need to take a step back and realize this team, this year it just doesn't have what some of their teams in the past have.  That's not a demeaning statement, and it's nothing personal against Nashville, just my observation.  They have an unreliable offense when they need it and a defense that's extremely suspect.  The Panthers have a team capable of beating them. 

I think the one thing we can all agree on that many of the Nashville guys have said, coaching trumps everything.  Maybe the Ashdown coaching staff coaches their way into a hole.  If that's the case then shame on them because they have a more than capable team.  Best of luck to both teams Friday night, may the best TEAM win!

-Kyle
I don't think you will find a Scrapper fan that disagrees with the fact that we are struggling this year.  But, that shouldn't take away from the fact that we expect to win each week, or at least beat Ashdown (which sometimes happens when it probably shouldn't, example: 2011 and possibly this year).  We are optimistic, not delusional.

As far as Ashdown's scoring... Play a team that doesn't give up defensive TDs and see how good Ashdown's offense is.  Will that happen this week? Don't know.  But it will eventually.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

The Nashville Faithful told me last year with Ashdown leading into the 4th with just a few minutes to go, the Panthers would figure out a way to lose somehow and they did. Intangibles like that still make this game a toss up.

ABC™

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 10, 2017, 02:39:19 pm
The Nashville Faithful told me last year with Ashdown leading into the 4th with just a few minutes to go, the Panthers would figure out a way to lose somehow and they did. Intangibles like that still make this game a toss up.

Not the first time that has happened either.  1996, 2004, and 2011.  All 3 games Ashdown led late in the game and gave it away.  My personal favorite is 2011 when after fans chanted "we beat Nashville" they fumbled at the Nashville 5 with a minute left and Nashville went 95 yards to win.

Neckred

Nashville usually beats team with superior lineman.  They haven't been able to do that this year

richboy

Quote from: Spurfan on October 09, 2017, 08:31:50 pm
I get what your saying. The point im making you cant judge a team on how good they really are if they are missing a big piece. But hey everybody deals with injuries
true. Arky lost at the last minute of the 4th on a double fake pass to Robinson Even with their best player out. You make due with what you got.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: richboy on October 10, 2017, 03:24:47 pm
true. Arky lost at the last minute of the 4th on a double fake pass to Robinson Even with their best player out. You make due with what you got.

Double fake pass? There were no fakes on that play at all.

ABC™

Spurfan

Yes exactly injuries are part of sports. You got to play with guys you have but my thing was last night is that you cannot measure how good they are now when they play the big dogs because they have a serious weapon out. They are still good but no as good when he is playing

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ABC™ on October 10, 2017, 03:49:59 pm
What is a double fake pass?

I'm not sure either. The play was a pass behind the line to Warren who then threw it downfield for a TD. No fakes anywhere.

richboy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 10, 2017, 03:55:03 pm
I'm not sure either. The play was a pass behind the line to Warren who then threw it downfield for a TD. No fakes anywhere.
from the sideline it looked like he handed it to the running back who tossed it to warren who throw it downfield. Did my eyes play tricks on me?

ABC™

I saw the film of it. It was how sugar described.

richboy

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: richboy on October 10, 2017, 04:14:41 pm
that's a better angle, great play but back to my point arky still lost at the last 2 minutes of the game w/o their best player.

And had 3 scoring drives totaling 10 yards, good luck on THAT ever happening again.  :)

richboy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 10, 2017, 04:19:32 pm
And had 3 scoring drives totaling 10 yards, good luck on THAT ever happening again.  :)
under 100 total yards w/o their best player and still only lost by 4 points, lost in the final 2 minutes was up the whole game... yeah robinson is really better 😂 don't get me started. I go to every game home and away.

ABC™

Heard Ashdown has gone to the power I this week.

Neckred

Quote from: ABC™ on October 13, 2017, 01:42:10 pm
Heard Ashdown has gone to the power I this week.
ROT ROH!  Nashville don't like that Power I. 

ABC™

Leave it to Ashdown's coaches to out-coach themselves.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas