• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4 a race is going to be good next couple weeks

Started by Spurfan, October 06, 2017, 10:20:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spurfan

Ashdown,  robinson, arky all heading for a photo finish

Garo

Robinson takes it this year.  It's their time after years of trying.

Spurfan

Maybe so. I just wish i could see them and a healthy ashdown team with their quarterback battle it out. I think robinson and arky has the edge now for the top seeds since Hill got injured

beaverfan007

Bauxite may sneak into the 3rd spot if they can pull an upset

FootBallar21

Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 08, 2017, 10:20:55 am
Bauxite may sneak into the 3rd spot if they can pull an upset

Bauxite was lucky to have beaten Mena and Malvern.   They will finish no better then 5th.
Ashdown would of been my pick to take conference before Hill got hurt.  Now I would go back to my original pick of Robinson.   

1- Robinson
2- Arkadelphia
3- Ashdown
4- Nashville
5- Bauxite
6- Malvern
7- Mena   ( lost 2 heart breakers on the road @ Malvern and Bauixte ( This team and Malvern make the playoffs in every other conference in 4A this year!   
8- Fountain Lake

FBfan79

noonerricky

Ashdown wouldn't have taken conference healthy. 4th at best. Plus don't count out Fountain Lake. I'm hoping my miners get that 5th spot but Fountain Lake has had a brutal schedule so far

justafan33

Bauxite beating Mena was not an upset. Bauxite plays hard for a young team and takes one week at a time.  No one is overlooked nothing for granted. Fountain Lake is a must win, but always a tough road game.  Then the big 3 in their schedule.  It will come down to them and Nashville for 4th place in conference the last week.  The question is, can Bauxite slow up Nashville's offense?

Spurfan

You really believe a healthy ashdown team is 4th at best. Maybe in past years but if that team is healthy they are not 4th at best

noonerricky

Quote from: Spurfan on October 08, 2017, 09:29:48 pm
You really believe a healthy ashdown team is 4th at best. Maybe in past years but if that team is healthy they are not 4th at best

They have a chance to beat Nashville but look at their schedule, Ashdown has not played a great team yet. They have blown out every cupcake their way

quicksand

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 08, 2017, 11:33:41 am
Bauxite was lucky to have beaten Mena and Malvern.   
I guess they were lucky to beat Glen Rose and Dumas too.

riccoar

If I were in this conference, I'd much rather finish 2nd than 1st.  According to seedings

FootBallar21

did anyone actually watch the Mena - Bauxite game?   Bauxite got a big 3 TD lead and Mena came back in the 2nd half and took the lead in the 4th quarter.   Yes Bauxite responded and scored and ended up winning but the game was very close I feel either team would of felt fortunate to get out of there with a victory

Bauxite might be better then Mena and Malvern,  but they are a couple points better.    Ashdown / Robinson / Arkadelphia are all 3 A WHOLE LOT BETTER then all 3 of those teams.     

Mark my words , right this down,  take a picture, screen shot this or whatever. 
Bauxite loses the next 2 games vs Arkadelphia and Robinson by a combined 60 PLUS POINTS!

They are a good team,  but have ZERO chance to jump up to the 3rd seed!   

quicksand

I don't think anyone is doubting that Ashdown, Arkadelphia, Robinson and Nashville will more than likely finish in the top 4 of the conference its the remarks that when Bauxite wins it because the officials helped them win (Glen Rose and Malvern) or they are lucky (Mena).

cuckoobird

FootBallar21

Quote from: quicksand on October 09, 2017, 11:00:49 am
I don't think anyone is doubting that Ashdown, Arkadelphia, Robinson and Nashville will more than likely finish in the top 4 of the conference its the remarks that when Bauxite wins it because the officials helped them win (Glen Rose and Malvern) or they are lucky (Mena).

I didn't say the officials helped them, I just said they were lucky to escape with the win,  which was true.   Mena didn't show up in the first half of that game.   but they won and thats all you can ask them to do.   

cuckoobird

Maybe bauxite didn't show up in the second half allowing mena to catch up. See how easy that is?

AmSycho

LOL Wow.

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 09, 2017, 03:18:10 pm
Maybe bauxite didn't show up in the second half allowing mena to catch up. See how easy that is?

noonerricky

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 09, 2017, 10:04:03 am
did anyone actually watch the Mena - Bauxite game?   Bauxite got a big 3 TD lead and Mena came back in the 2nd half and took the lead in the 4th quarter.   Yes Bauxite responded and scored and ended up winning but the game was very close I feel either team would of felt fortunate to get out of there with a victory

Bauxite might be better then Mena and Malvern,  but they are a couple points better.    Ashdown / Robinson / Arkadelphia are all 3 A WHOLE LOT BETTER then all 3 of those teams.     

Mark my words , right this down,  take a picture, screen shot this or whatever. 
Bauxite loses the next 2 games vs Arkadelphia and Robinson by a combined 60 PLUS POINTS!

They are a good team,  but have ZERO chance to jump up to the 3rd seed!   

You didn't watch the Bauxite Ashdown game did You? Why do people even put Ashdown with Robinson and Arkadelphia. They will lose by 30 to both

noonerricky

Quote from: riccoar on October 09, 2017, 09:38:23 am
If I were in this conference, I'd much rather finish 2nd than 1st.  According to seedings

What? The 1 seed will get a straight road to the semi finals no problem.

justafan33

Bauxite only allowed Ashdown 15 yards of offense and 1 first down in the first half. Ashdown scored on a Bauxite fumble. Bauxite showed up defensively that night. Their game plan changed when Hill was injured, then a new offensive scheme to handle. A must win for the Miners this week vs. Ft. Lake. Then Robinson, Arky, and Nashville. Three tough games to compete in for anyone, but not unbeatable. Not saying Bauxite romps them, but they are not an automatic W this year.

Scooter2121

Quote from: noonerricky on October 09, 2017, 03:52:52 pm
You didn't watch the Bauxite Ashdown game did You? Why do people even put Ashdown with Robinson and Arkadelphia. They will lose by 30 to both
Fool!!!

panther 65

I did watch the game and Bauxite got shut out on a off night by Ashdown...they scored on mostly jv subs at the end. Ashdown had to change their offensive game plan after Hill went down.

moneyminers

Quote from: panther 65 on October 09, 2017, 09:32:27 pm
I did watch the game and Bauxite got shut out on a off night by Ashdown...they scored on mostly jv subs at the end. Ashdown had to change their offensive game plan after Hill went down.
But if Ashdown is claimed to be one of the best teams in the state then they could've held them to nothing and definitely scored more than 21 points, 14 offensively at that

FootBallar21

+1   -  EXACTLY

Hill got hurt,  or this game would of been much worse.   The Ashdown team that came to Mena few weeks back, looked like one of the best 4A teams I've seen in awhile on both sides of the ball.    Losing Hill hurts,  but the way the dominated Malvern after that really showed me a lot,    For someone to say they aren't on Arkadelphia or Robinsons level is a flat out JOKE!   they are for real! 

ThiefOfDiamonds8

Just throwing this out there...
I think Hill went down with about 4-5 minutes left in the second quarter (so he played nearly half a game). And I'm pretty sure they only had about 15 yards of offense. So theoretically, Hill going out of the game and creating a new game plan for Ashdown might have hurt Bauxite more than it hurt Ashdown. They went from preparing for Hill (a gameplan that seemed to have been working for an entire half nearly) to having to adjust to a more heavy run offense all of a sudden.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ashdown wasn't playing "JV" players at the time of the touchdown. Ashdown was only up by 3 scores at this point (which is usually not enough for most coaches to start pulling players) and their starters were still on the field at this time. It seemed like the Bauxite Running Back that scored was pretty fast and once he got into the open field it turned out to be a foot race that he just won. Props to that kid.

I was at this game watching it and it did not disappoint. I was excited to see Ashdown's skill kids for this game and they did not disappoint. They are insanely talented. I now need to go see Robinson play to compare their skill position players! Regardless, these two teams played well I thought. Bauxite hung in there and showed a lot of fight. 7-0 at halftime from a defensive touchdown. Bauxite nearly recovered an onside kick (I believe it went off the hands of a player before going out of bounds) which could have changed some of the outcome. 1 or 2 other plays end up going the other way during this game and we might have a different outcome.

I'm not trying to down play how good Ashdown is here; I'm just simply saying the 7-4A might be closer than some may want to think right now.  From everything I have read / heard / seen, it seems like Arkadelphia and Robinson might be top tier, then Ashdown/Nashville/Bauxite/Malvern/Mena all a pretty close second tier, and Ft. Lake slightly outside that in the bottom tier.

It will be an interesting conclusion to this season.

FootBallar21

That middle tier does have Mena, Malvern, Bauxite and maybe even Nashville in it.   But Ashdown who completely destroyed Mena, looks way better then the other 4 schools!

beach bum

October 10, 2017, 02:43:30 pm #27 Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:03:34 pm by beach bum
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 10, 2017, 02:39:42 pm
That middle tier does have Mena, Malvern, Bauxite and maybe even Nashville in it.   But Ashdown who completely destroyed Mena, looks way better then the other 4 schools!

Mena couldn't even beat Bauxite or Malvern and will be out of the playoffs entirely.... The results on the field when it mattered most speak the loudest. Mena is not middle tier cause when did a 7th place finish equal middle tier?

ThiefOfDiamonds8

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 10, 2017, 02:39:42 pm

I agree. Ashdown is always impressive in my opinion. I'm always tempted to consider them a top tier in the 7-4A conference (and the state for that matter). I just wonder if there is just something we are missing in that game against Bauxite. 21-7 is close. Especially when all of the other games are in the 40s and 50s.

People are talking about how important the next few weeks will be for Bauxite and how these upcoming weeks will show us more about that team; but I think the same can be said about Ashdown. Starting QB is out. And they are playing at Nashville, at Arkadelphia, and at home against Robinson in the next 3 weeks. Those are big time games!

FootBallar21

Quote from: beach bum on October 10, 2017, 02:43:30 pm
Mena couldn't even beat Bauxite or Malvern and will be out of the playoffs entirely.... The results on the field when it mattered most speak the loudest. Mena is not middle tier cause when did a 7th place finish equal middle tier?

They still have Nashville left,  and both games,  were on the road including a last second HAIL MARRY from possibly the best player in the conference @ Malvern.    Results speak for themselves and when you look at them they are right with Bauxite and Malvern,    Losing 2 heartbreaking loses doesn't change that.    Also Mena still holds a 30 point win over Dequeen who Beat Nashville last time I checked!

beach bum

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 11, 2017, 11:09:24 am
They still have Nashville left,  and both games,  were on the road including a last second HAIL MARRY from possibly the best player in the conference @ Malvern.    Results speak for themselves and when you look at them they are right with Bauxite and Malvern,    Losing 2 heartbreaking loses doesn't change that.    Also Mena still holds a 30 point win over Dequeen who Beat Nashville last time I checked!

You sound like the coach at Arkansas with his moral victory talks he likes to give....

Digger#23

I was at this game.  No luck here.  The best team won.  Sounds like spoiled milk to me. Probably why your a cellar dweller in the pick em.

Digger#23

Come on Panther, that was the starting Ash D on the field when that Bauxite back romped 80 yds on them.  I watched him run away from Bishop on that score.  Word is that the bauxite kid had a leg injury and still took it to the house.  I'm guessing you spent most of the night in the bathroom from eating the worst concession hot dogs in the 4A-7.  You need to get your story straight.

Oldbadger

Speaking of concessions, I thought the Bauxite concession was one of the best in the conference.  Of course I didn't eat a hotdog.  And Ashdowns concessions at the baseball field was second to none.  For what it's worth. lol

RyanLR

This is a brutal three week stretch for Ashdown. @Nashville, @Arkadelphia, and then the Senators at home.

Spurfan

yes very tough stretch. i think the nashville game will determine alot for ashdown. if they can win that game friday night. it sets them up to control their own fate in the conference. so next 3 weeks will be interesting to say the least

RyanLR

Robinson has @Malvern, Bauxite, @Ashdown, Mena to close out the regular season. You can't look past any of those teams. 7-4A is just nuts.

eaglefan200

Y'all can't forget about Arkadelphia. They lost to Robinson by 4 but were without Hatley, who is by far their best offensive player. Without him, the Arkadelphia offense could not move the football. They scored 17 points, but all three times the defense put them within the Robinson 10-yard line after turnovers. With Hatley on the field, I think it would have been a much different football game for Arkadelphia. When he returned from his concussion against Ft. Lake, he ran 7 times for 144 yards and 5 touchdowns and the Badgers put up 57 points in the first half! Arkadelphia is the real deal and I would not be surprised to see them make a deep, deep run in the playoffs.

RyanLR

polksalet

Where did this game put Nashville as far as playoffs?

LJ06

As of now I'd put 7-4A as follows:

1. Robinson
2. Arkadelphia
3. Nashville
4. Ashdown
5. Bauxite

nastynice

Quote from: polksalet on October 14, 2017, 03:12:37 am

At Dardanelle or Booneville in Rd 2 I believe.

LJ06

Depends on the seed of course but 3rd seed puts you against the 4th in 8-4A (probably Monticello) and the 4th seed will put you against the 2nd in 3-4A (Trumann possibly)

RyanLR

They're 4th place but have the tiebreaker over Ashdown. Ashdown and Arky are tied but not for long since they play this Friday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas