• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Dewitt. Let's get it started!

Started by AirWarren, October 06, 2017, 09:52:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Nothing to discuss for you guys til playoff time. Sad but true.

Eaglemaniac

cuckoobird

Jimbo Morphis

KASH dba The Lumberjack

DeWitt's Lady Dragons softball team is normally pretty good, football and boys basketball are normally not so good. Several coaching changes over the last several years with no competitive changes. Not coach bashing, just curious about how things never get better

AirWarren

Sports Guru

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on October 07, 2017, 02:45:28 pm
Finish them early and get the subs in.
the Jacks looked good last week the offense is coming on it will be over at halftime.

Romeo

Our passing game is still a concern for me. It's improving, but were going to get exposed against good teams. Being in the 8-4A isn't helping.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 07, 2017, 08:24:22 am
DeWitt's Lady Dragons softball team is normally pretty good, football and boys basketball are normally not so good. Several coaching changes over the last several years with no competitive changes. Not coach bashing, just curious about how things never get better

Not enough athletes, but I do think their Soph class is pretty good.

It would probably help if they actually practiced every day though...

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Romeo on October 08, 2017, 06:41:24 pm
Our passing game is still a concern for me. It's improving, but were going to get exposed against good teams. Being in the 8-4A isn't helping.
true hopefully our passing game will continue to improve every week before the playoffs get here,we've still got a ways to go

Jimbo Morphis

KASH dba The Lumberjack

What if a person has bought deer tags and his duck stamps?

nobody

if it werent for Traylon, Warren would be a 4-6 team.

STUNNA

LJ06

Quote from: nobody on October 08, 2017, 10:24:50 pm

Same could be said for a bunch of teams without their best player

AirWarren

Read more. Post less.

cuckoobird

BigLion10

KASH dba The Lumberjack

You could be right but with the conference being slightly down this year, highly doubtful.

Lumberjackfan1978

But at least we won't be a 4-6 team

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

In most seasons DeWitt, although heavily "out-athleted" has still given Warren a little trouble because their offensive game plan worked to their advantage.  They ran the ball, ate up clock and limited Warren's offensive possessions.  Unfortunately, this season, if that's their game plan it's going to play right into the Jacks favor because this Warren rush stopping defense is unreal.  The Dragons will not have success running the football against Warren.  If they try to ground and pound against this defensive unit I truly think we'll see another opponent held to under 100 yds or total offense.

The athlete scale is once against tipped to Warren's favor.  Treylon Burks should have his biggest game of the season.  Simply put, DeWitt has no one on defense that can line up and contain Burks at WR--I don't know if even playing double coverage this week can slow him down.  If I was Hembree, I'd make sure to tell Kinnard to get the ball to Burks.  Short, deep, slants....whatever it takes but we've got to get him some really quality reps at WR before the play-offs get here.  This is the game to do it. 

If you'll look back to last week, I pretty much nailed the Dumas game.  Was off on the score (42-14 was my prediction) but I all but nailed the synopsis of the football game.  I think it's same song, 4th verse this week.  DeWitt will fight their tails off and man, I applaud those guys effort because they bring it EVERY WEEK, but Warren is just flat out the far superior team.  I think the Jacks jump out to a big lead early and the Dragons find the endzone late, likely on the 2nd/3rd teamers.  Jacks roll once again this Friday night.

Warren 51
DeWitt 7

-Kyle

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 09, 2017, 11:48:48 pm
In most seasons DeWitt, although heavily "out-athleted" has still given Warren a little trouble because their offensive game plan worked to their advantage.  They ran the ball, ate up clock and limited Warren's offensive possessions.  Unfortunately, this season, if that's their game plan it's going to play right into the Jacks favor because this Warren rush stopping defense is unreal.  The Dragons will not have success running the football against Warren.  If they try to ground and pound against this defensive unit I truly think we'll see another opponent held to under 100 yds or total offense.

The athlete scale is once against tipped to Warren's favor.  Treylon Burks should have his biggest game of the season.  Simply put, DeWitt has no one on defense that can line up and contain Burks at WR--I don't know if even playing double coverage this week can slow him down.  If I was Hembree, I'd make sure to tell Kinnard to get the ball to Burks.  Short, deep, slants....whatever it takes but we've got to get him some really quality reps at WR before the play-offs get here.  This is the game to do it. 

If you'll look back to last week, I pretty much nailed the Dumas game.  Was off on the score (42-14 was my prediction) but I all but nailed the synopsis of the football game.  I think it's same song, 4th verse this week.  DeWitt will fight their tails off and man, I applaud those guys effort because they bring it EVERY WEEK, but Warren is just flat out the far superior team.  I think the Jacks jump out to a big lead early and the Dragons find the endzone late, likely on the 2nd/3rd teamers.  Jacks roll once again this Friday night.

Warren 51
DeWitt 7

-Kyle
I think you're right on Flap the Jacks will score early and often,the 2nd/3rd team will get lots of reps this week.Go Jacks

Romeo

Last year's game with DeWitt was pretty much 7 on 7. I don't think we ran the ball the entire game and Coach Hembree specifically told Lassiter not to scramble. This game would be a good opportunity to do the same thing. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Romeo on October 10, 2017, 10:49:24 am
Last year's game with DeWitt was pretty much 7 on 7. I don't think we ran the ball the entire game and Coach Hembree specifically told Lassiter not to scramble. This game would be a good opportunity to do the same thing.

It would be if you had Lassiter.... :D

Quote from: Romeo on October 10, 2017, 10:49:24 am

Could not agree more.  Let's get Kinnard some pocket passing game experience.  I feel bad acting like this is an exhibition game, because I respect DeWitt and the fight their program shows every single game, every single year.  But, when you look at it through clear lenses, one team heavily outmatches the other in this game.  Warren has to take the opportunities to strengthen themselves whenever the chance presents itself.  Friday night is an excellent opportunity for Hembree to tweak and push the passing game.  We need to take full advantage of this and utilize a similar strategy to last year's match-up with DeWitt. 

-Kyle

Lumberjackfan1978

Agree we need to get Kinnard as much passing experience as possible this would be a good game to try to get that experience

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 10, 2017, 12:12:47 pm
Agree we need to get Kinnard as much passing experience as possible this would be a good game to try to get that experience
Better experience would be against Warren in practice with the lights on.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Last year was the first time our guys stayed focused and played well. Normally, the Jacks play flat against the Dragons. Hopefully they will be focused and play like we are capable of doing

Superjack45

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 10, 2017, 10:59:03 am
It would be if you had Lassiter.... :D
I would like to know why is everybody trying to compare a 2 year started to a player starting at QB for the first time in Sr. High I don't get that. HL Jr. Year was no more spectacular than the now QB it takes time and reps he is coming along by the end of regular season he will be fine.

DaytonaDuck

October 11, 2017, 07:07:21 am #31 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:41:57 am by DaytonaDuck
Quote from: Superjack45 on October 10, 2017, 11:54:09 pm
I would like to know why is everybody trying to compare a 2 year started to a player starting at QB for the first time in Sr. High I don't get that. HL Jr. Year was no more spectacular than the now QB it takes time and reps he is coming along by the end of regular season he will be fine.
You're son is doing fine. Don't get all defensive every time you hear the name Lassiter. It's ok.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Superjack45 on October 10, 2017, 11:54:09 pm

But will just "being fine" be enough come playoff time?

Superjack45

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2017, 07:29:30 am
But will just "being fine" be enough come playoff time?
Not sure but he is on track so far hopefully that will continue threw out regular season.

cuckoobird

Superjack45

Quote from: DaytonaDuck on October 11, 2017, 07:07:21 am
You're son is doing fine. Don't get all defensive every time you hear the name Lassiter. It's ok.
Not defensive at all I would be the first to say that JL was the glue that kept it together last year,but I say this and you can take it how you want. I am harder on my son when he make mistake more than anybody but it's his first year and I say again he will be fine during the playoffs if we make it lol!

Superjack45

Quote from: Superjack45 on October 11, 2017, 07:54:47 am
Not defensive at all I would be the first to say that JL was the glue that kept it together last year,but I say this and you can take it how you want. I am harder on my son when he make mistake more than anybody but it's his first year and I say again he will be fine during the playoffs if we make it lol!
Yeah it's pretty bad when Dway is a bottom feeder it's pretty bad.

Superjack45

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 11, 2017, 07:51:14 am
The conference is horrible though.
You are right 7 4A is the toughest look like,so they will already will have been tested.

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 11, 2017, 07:51:14 am
The conference is horrible though.

Been horrid for years.

16 conference titles, 4 state titles, and 2 runner ups....I'll take our chances come playoff time.

cuckoobird

I meant it's easy for the qb play to look good when all the conference competition is so bad. Warren is a good team but before conference started Burk had to qb all 3 games if I'm not mistaken

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 11, 2017, 08:11:01 am
I meant it's easy for the qb play to look good when all the conference competition is so bad. Warren is a good team but before conference started Burk had to qb all 3 games if I'm not mistaken

Injured thigh also was a reason.

Rest assured though, Burks is going to get his hands on the football.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2017, 08:02:01 am
Been horrid for years.

16 conference titles, 4 state titles, and 2 runner ups....I'll take our chances come playoff time.

It hasn't been this bad though. SC had a couple good years, Dollarway has had several, Hamburg last year in the playoffs...

I can't see a single team this year other than Warren than will make a dent in the playoffs.

RyanLR

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2017, 08:02:01 am
Been horrid for years.

It's why Coach Hembree schedules such tough teams in the nonconference.

Quote from: RyanLR on October 11, 2017, 08:28:50 am

Bingo! Nailed it. Even when the conference was pretty good a few seasons ago, Bo still does his best to schedule tougher non-conference opponents because it does prepare them for what awaits in the play-offs.

I'll agree though, it'd help to have some competition in conference play. Hopefully this is just a rough season and we'll see a resurgence in the 8-4A in coming seasons. Or it could be the beginning of a slow death. The Delta region is far from flourishing and since our base lies in this region this might signal the beginning of the end for really good football in SEArk. As a Lumberjack fan it makes me very appreciative to see the level of continued dominance Warren has been able to sustain. Bo puts a competitive team on the field every season and I think these last 5 seasons might have been some of his best. While the conference around us struggles Bo has Warren in the title talk season after season. Blessed with good talent but so much of it is coaching as well as the community support.

Proud to be a Lumberjack!

-Kyle

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2017, 08:27:02 am
It hasn't been this bad though. SC had a couple good years, Dollarway has had several, Hamburg last year in the playoffs...

I can't see a single team this year other than Warren than will make a dent in the playoffs.

Dollarway's situation is sad to me.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: RyanLR on October 11, 2017, 08:28:50 am
We schedule tough non conference games, this season we got curb stomped by Pea Ridge and by Ashdown and beat a weak Camden Fairview team. Difference from what I see is you guys learn from it and make the changes needed and we don't.         

KASH dba The Lumberjack

You can't compare J. Kinnard this year to H. Lassiter last year in the final 3 playoff games. If someone has HL's Jr stats I'm sure they'd compare to JK's Jr stats. Lassiter grew a lot at QB between Smackover as a Jr to Pea Ridge as a Sr..
Putting Burks in a QB doesn't mean there's a controversy, he did the same with Brett Smith and Darveon Brown.

cuckoobird

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 11, 2017, 01:28:28 pm
He did it to keep them ahead

And it worked out pretty well for Warren. Like I said in another thread I could care less who scores the points or where they come from. Burks, Kinnard, Steppes, McKnight, Hargis, offense, defense or special teams. Don't care. Just score the points and have more than the other guy at the end of the game.

Bo Hembree knows more about coaching than I do. His success is unrivaled as far as 4A coaches go and he's one of the Top 5 coaches in the entire state. If he wants to run Burks at QB, I'm good with it. I do hope before the play-offs get here that Kinnard will continue to progress as he has these last few weeks. Starts Friday against DeWitt. Hoping to see Warren really focus on the passing game, get Burks some quality reps from the WR position.

-Kyle

AirWarren

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 11, 2017, 02:24:32 pm
And it worked out pretty well for Warren. Like I said in another thread I could care less who scores the points or where they come from. Burks, Kinnard, Steppes, McKnight, Hargis, offense, defense or special teams. Don't care. Just score the points and have more than the other guy at the end of the game.

Bo Hembree knows more about coaching than I do. His success is unrivaled as far as 4A coaches go and he's one of the Top 5 coaches in the entire state. If he wants to run Burks at QB, I'm good with it. I do hope before the play-offs get here that Kinnard will continue to progress as he has these last few weeks. Starts Friday against DeWitt. Hoping to see Warren really focus on the passing game, get Burks some quality reps from the WR position.

-Kyle

6 points on the board is the same whether it's by air. By ground. By special teams. Or defense.

Same with the 3 points from special teams. Think we had a 43 yard FG this year.

Just score. Just win.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas