• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McGehee at Fouke

Started by owl84, October 06, 2017, 09:51:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

owl84

Well we know we are down by 14 before the game starts from the refs so don't know about this one.

Proud Buckaroo

CoolBreeze

panther86

Thank it will be closer than that PB
Hope we can rebound from the Junction City game a lot of young players on our team time to grow up

GO PANTHERS

BigFoot

Sadly, I think it's only closer if the defense steps up. Level of competition between conference and non-conference has shown offensively when we put up 78 on a bad 13 man team and we haven't scored in what, our last 5 quaters of conference play? The kids' morale is down... Hopefully they get fired up for Homecoming and make this a ball game!

28-13 McGehee

panther86

I agree with you Bigfoot they are down but coach has a week to change there attitude. We lost a game we should have won (Fordyce) an got blown off the field by the number 2 team in the state I heard alot of talk at the first of the year how this team would be better than last year because they were more of a family time for the leaders on this team to show up an make it happen? A lot is riding on the next 3 games

GO PANTHERS

BigFoot

Quote from: panther86 on October 07, 2017, 08:58:12 am
I agree with you Bigfoot they are down but coach has a week to change there attitude. We lost a game we should have won (Fordyce) an got blown off the field by the number 2 team in the state I heard alot of talk at the first of the year how this team would be better than last year because they were more of a family time for the leaders on this team to show up an make it happen? A lot is riding on the next 3 games

GO PANTHERS

Barker can turn it around. The issue will be some of the other coaches. When you are going around telling kids that you are pretty much 4-1 heading into the Junction game and making excuses to the kids, you aren't providing a good example. And there were coaches doing that. My nephew was told this by at least two coaches. Barker was not one of them, just to make that clear.

CoolBreeze

This game is an almost certain loss, but if they can recover mentally from 4 conference losses in a row, the Panthers could well win the last three. But will a 3-4 record get them a 5-seed?

COACHemUP

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 07, 2017, 10:20:53 am
This game is an almost certain loss, but if they can recover mentally from 4 conference losses in a row, the Panthers could well win the last three. But will a 3-4 record get them a 5-seed?
I disagree, we always play Mcgehee tough.  We have won the last two meetings im gonna say the trend continues in a close one.

Paperman

Owls roll to a big win in this one.

nobody

you mean to tell me that Fouke isnt till putting up 78 on teams? Or was that just the 12 kids that Hermitage had, 6 of whom had never played football before.

old boy of fall

Nobody from Fouke has bragged about that. 

BigLion10

Jimbo Morphis

BigFoot

Quote from: old boy of fall on October 09, 2017, 09:58:21 am
Nobody from Fouke has bragged about that.

Facebook was flooded with bragging Fouke fans that night! One would have thought they had just won the State Championship or something! Even the mayor was going crazy over it!

nobody

Quote from: BigFoot on October 09, 2017, 06:31:31 pm
Facebook was flooded with bragging Fouke fans that night! One would have thought they had just won the State Championship or something! Even the mayor was going crazy over it!
how dare you bring facts onto a message board.

old boy of fall

Well, I was actually talking about what I have seen on this message board. I haven't seen those Facebook posts, and I'm not about to go looking either.  The players that I speak to regularly were not bragging about it; they were more concerned with district.  I guess I was wrong. It's not really something you brag about.

BigFoot

Hootens has McGehee by 7! Thoughts?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BigFoot on October 11, 2017, 10:18:49 am
Mcgehee has very talented skill players most of which were sophmores last year. We throw it more than we have in years. Defense has some holes in it every now and then. Should not be close but have to wait on officials , our focus, and our ability to keep composure dealing with officials and a 5 hour bus ride.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BigFoot on October 11, 2017, 10:18:49 am
Hootens tends to understate the likely margin of victory. E.g., he has Mayflower by three against Harding.

denvercat

October 11, 2017, 11:15:41 am #20 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:18:16 am by denvercat
I think Hootens has this one right. Both teams are improved from previous years, but McGehee is very athletic this year. Lots of speed. Watched them give junction a decent game until the wheels fell off at the end and if they play like that each week, they will be a tough team to handle.

panther86

I think this will be a real tuff hard fought game. The bus ride does play a factor in. It was a dog fight last year at McGhee we came out on top looking for the same this year. Hopefully with the same results. That all depends how our boys handle last week's butt kicking they took from Junction.  If both teams come out an play hard it will be a 7pt ball game if one team is not clicking it could be a blow out. Hopefully Fouke will be ready we will see Friday night

GO PANTHERS

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther86 on October 11, 2017, 11:34:02 am
I think this will be a real tuff hard fought game. The bus ride does play a factor in. It was a dog fight last year at McGhee we came out on top looking for the same this year. Hopefully with the same results. That all depends how our boys handle last week's butt kicking they took from Junction.  If both teams come out an play hard it will be a 7pt ball game if one team is not clicking it could be a blow out. Hopefully Fouke will be ready we will see Friday night

GO PANTHERS
Wishful thinking.

BigFoot

Quote from: Oldman on October 11, 2017, 10:25:31 am
Mcgehee has very talented skill players most of which were sophmores last year. We throw it more than we have in years. Defense has some holes in it every now and then. Should not be close but have to wait on officials , our focus, and our ability to keep composure dealing with officials and a 5 hour bus ride.

Clock operator can come in to play as well. That's our Board President, as well. Lol.

BigFoot

Panther86...

Old Ms. Understood must have taken her ball and went home... She can't even be sent an inbox message. When you see her, tell her BigFoot said hi!

beach bum

I think a wife of one of the Fouke coaches must have learned about fearless.... She does not seem to like the trash talk about Fouke too much.

BigFoot

Quote from: beach bum on October 11, 2017, 12:56:31 pm
I think a wife of one of the Fouke coaches must have learned about fearless.... She does not seem to like the trash talk about Fouke too much.

But something tells me that the "Ms." label was to throw everyone off... They have been trying to find out who I am for a while. I think "she" was a coach! Lol

Jimbo Morphis

Mcgehee has a much different team than last year.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BigFoot on October 11, 2017, 11:56:24 am
Panther86...

Old Ms. Understood must have taken her ball and went home... She can't even be sent an inbox message. When you see her, tell her BigFoot said hi!
She is making sandwiches.

AmSycho

Easy target....

Quote from: beach bum on October 11, 2017, 12:56:31 pm

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BigFoot on October 11, 2017, 01:01:26 pm
But something tells me that the "Ms." label was to throw everyone off... They have been trying to find out who I am for a while. I think "she" was a coach! Lol

If I am not mistaken. There is already one Fouke coach posting here already.

Lions84

Owls get their wings clipped by the Fouke Monster

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Lions84 on October 11, 2017, 01:43:53 pm
Owls get their wings clipped by the Fouke Monster
Now I feel much better about our chances.

CoolBreeze

Ms. Understood

Quote from: BigFoot on October 11, 2017, 11:53:44 am
Clock operator can come in to play as well. That's our Board President, as well. Lol.

Could you tell us why you keep throwing jabs at OUR school board president?? Since you do call him ours. I bet he'd be glad to hand it off to you any time you get ready.

BigFoot

Quote from: Ms. Understood on October 11, 2017, 07:21:19 pm
Could you tell us why you keep throwing jabs at OUR school board president?? Since you do call him ours. I bet he'd be glad to hand it off to you any time you get ready.

I didn't like what he said and the lame reasoning he had behind it. He is an elected official so I found it ridiculous. Never had a problem with OUR board president's posts before that. And yes, it's OUR president. I have 4 kids in that district and one who will be playing basketball at the varsity level this year. So it is OUR president.

BigFoot

Did you get my message Ms. Understood?

Ms. Understood

Quote from: BigFoot on October 11, 2017, 07:36:33 pm
Did you get my message Ms. Understood?

Yes, but I don't think my "coach" husband would think too highly of my talking to other men "privately". 

BigFoot

Quote from: Ms. Understood on October 11, 2017, 07:52:59 pm
Yes, but I don't think my "coach" husband would think too highly of my talking to other men "privately".

It was someone else who said you were a coach's wife... I didn't agree. But whatever reason you want to have for not responding responding to a message is up to you. Welcome to Fearless, sir!

old boy of fall

What are the chances we could just talk about football again?

beach bum

Quote from: Ms. Understood on October 11, 2017, 07:21:19 pm

Are you the board president then? Can you tell your coach to stop scheduling cupcakes in non conference.... It's given the coaches at Fouke a false sense of how good their team really is. You guys are about to be 0-4 in the 6-3A after drubbing powers such as Hermitage and Mineral Springs.

KOJACK

McGehee 50
Fouke 0
Fouke officials 14

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: old boy of fall on October 12, 2017, 09:05:37 am

1.8%

beach bum

Quote from: old boy of fall on October 12, 2017, 09:05:37 am

Ok then.... Mcgehee 48 Fouke 20

panther86

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: BigFoot on October 11, 2017, 01:01:26 pm

In Fouke, is there really a difference between she and he? 😀

Just kidding

Jimbo Morphis

CoolBreeze

BigFoot

The boys are fired up for this game! I may have to change my original prediction. May have been too big of a gap. Still not sure how they will respond after last week's beat down once the lights go on, but I might have been wrong with my initial prediction. I think that it will be a close game either way! Only one way to find out!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BigFoot on October 13, 2017, 11:53:12 am
The boys are fired up for this game! I may have to change my original prediction. May have been too big of a gap. Still not sure how they will respond after last week's beat down once the lights go on, but I might have been wrong with my initial prediction. I think that it will be a close game either way! Only one way to find out!
Soooo did you find out the officials were local Alamo people again or did Ms. Understood find out who you are?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas