• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anyone miss the old 5A?

Started by Sweet Feet, October 01, 2017, 08:00:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

October 01, 2017, 08:00:30 pm Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:08:11 pm by Sweet Feet
I miss when classes had at least 32 or more teams. I get the enrollment thing though.
If there was a 32 team class with all the current 7A and 6A teams, i imagine it would look like this:

West
Springdale
HarBer
Fayetteville
Rogers
Bentonville
Bentonville West
Rogers Heritage
Siloam Springs

Central
FS Northside
FS Southside
Greenwood
Russellville
Van Buren
Conway
LRCH
NLR

South

Pine Bluff
Eldorado
Lake Hamilton
Sheridan
Benton
Bryant
Catholic
Texarkana

East
Marion
West Memphis
Searcy
Mountain Home
Jonesboro
Cabot
JVille
LR Hall

SouthpawSensation

Actually ... the following changes would have to be made in your alignments:
• North Little Rock would have to replace LR Hall in the East because it's more east and closer to the other East schools.
• LR Central would have to go to the South in a geographical sense because it's on the south side of I-630, while Hall and Catholic are on the north side of I-630. It's also closer to the South schools than the other two, although it's by less than a mile.
• That means LR Hall and LR Catholic would go into the Central.

Mike Bonds

I like the old 5 level classification system.  I know why they changed it, but still.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on October 02, 2017, 02:07:19 am
Actually ... the following changes would have to be made in your alignments:
• North Little Rock would have to replace LR Hall in the East because it's more east and closer to the other East schools.
• LR Central would have to go to the South in a geographical sense because it's on the south side of I-630, while Hall and Catholic are on the north side of I-630. It's also closer to the South schools than the other two, although it's by less than a mile.
• That means LR Hall and LR Catholic would go into the Central.
That's actually what i had in mind at first. but for rivalry purposes, i didn't really want to split LRCH and NLR. NLR is more east and a in-county showdown vs Jville would be cool, along with keeping Cabot as a conf opponent. Catholic and Hall are literally a street down from each other so they definitely would have to be in the same conference. Central would be in a good conference down south

bulldogger15

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 01, 2017, 08:00:30 pm
I miss when classes had at least 32 or more teams. I get the enrollment thing though.
If there was a 32 team class with all the current 7A and 6A teams, i imagine it would look like this:

West
Springdale
HarBer
Fayetteville
Rogers
Bentonville
Bentonville West
Rogers Heritage
Siloam Springs

Central
FS Northside
FS Southside
Greenwood
Russellville
Van Buren
Conway
LRCH
NLR

South

Pine Bluff
Eldorado
Lake Hamilton
Sheridan
Benton
Bryant
Catholic
Texarkana

East
Marion
West Memphis
Searcy
Mountain Home
Jonesboro
Cabot
JVille
LR Hall
Where is Pulaski Academy?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

LOL!  Who?    Must be a dream list!  ;D

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 02, 2017, 01:59:26 pm

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Oh Good Lord don't get PADad started!!!!   Sheesh    He's probably over there at MaxPreps writing a letter of complaint because PA dropped from 21st to 28th in the country!   

PA Dad

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 02, 2017, 03:28:05 pm
Oh Good Lord don't get PADad started!!!!   Sheesh    He's probably over there at MaxPreps writing a letter of complaint because PA dropped from 21st to 28th in the country!

I ain't that slow!  The letter went out yesterday.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: PA Dad on October 02, 2017, 03:39:51 pm
I ain't that slow!  The letter went out yesterday.

Serious question (2 parts)  1.  Do you really think that PA is the number 28 team in the whole country?  2.  Do you seriously think that PA could beat Harber?

PA Dad

October 03, 2017, 12:18:44 pm #9 Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:34:08 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 03, 2017, 12:14:53 pm
Serious question (2 parts)  1.  Do you really think that PA is the number 28 team in the whole country?  2.  Do you seriously think that PA could beat Harber?

1.  No

2.  I haven't seen Harber play so I have no clue.  But I'd love to see them play.

PA and Harber have a home and home series the next two years so we'll find out.

Rob Van Winkle

Anything can happen in a 1 game situation so you never know. Having watched PA on TV and Harber in person I would say Harber wins the battle, but that's my biased opinion.

Glad to see these 2 schools hooking up for a home and home the next 2 years. Could be a week zero game between 2 defending state champs.

PA Dad

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 03, 2017, 12:24:41 pm
Anything can happen in a 1 game situation so you never know. Having watched PA on TV and Harber in person I would say Harber wins the battle, but that's my biased opinion.

Glad to see these 2 schools hooking up for a home and home the next 2 years. Could be a week zero game between 2 defending state champs.

Isn't it always a one game situation?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

RyanLR

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 02, 2017, 01:59:26 pm

GO BULLDOGS!!!
PA was AAA back in the old alignment.

Walter

I do. Benton was always the last game of the year because we were both in the South.

beach bum

Quote from: PA Dad on October 03, 2017, 12:18:44 pm
1.  No

2.  I haven't seen Harber play so I have no clue.  But I'd love to see them play.

PA and Harber have a home and home series the next two years so we'll find out.

That is awesome...

IAFLAR7

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 03, 2017, 12:14:53 pm
No way. Can probably find a handful of teams just in Dade County Florida that would run them off the field. That's just one example. They couldn't come close to any of the powerhouses in Texas. And please, spare me the Highland Park reference. They are a small school and not even considered top 20 overall in Texas. In my opinion, they are very strategic with their out of state games they pick. Of course the SLC East Utah game may have been the exception & they were physically manhandled. PA is a really good team. Very efficient and a great coach. Mix in a handful of high level athletes and it is a recipe for success against anyone. Overall though, they can't roll out the athletes in terms of depth that Har-Ber does. Could be a good game but I see Har-Ber winning.
I would really like to see PA and Greenwood play sometime. Two good teams with good coaches and innovative systems not to mention very interesting fan bases. Yes, the more I think about it, that really needs to happen.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 01, 2017, 08:00:30 pm

West
Springdale
HarBer
Fayetteville
Rogers
Bentonville
Bentonville West
Rogers Heritage
Siloam Springs

Central
FS Northside
FS Southside
Greenwood
Russellville
Van Buren
Conway
LRCH
NLR

South

Pine Bluff
Eldorado
Lake Hamilton
Sheridan
Benton
Bryant
Catholic
Texarkana

East
Marion
West Memphis
Searcy
Mountain Home
Jonesboro
Cabot
JVille
LR Hall

Making the playoffs meant something then.

Rob Van Winkle

Sweet Feet

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on October 04, 2017, 12:06:14 pm
Making the playoffs meant something then.
Exactly. Top half of each conference goes instead of 6

bulldogger15

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 02, 2017, 03:28:05 pm
+1 He'll be writing many more as the conference and playoff games roll by. Maybe PassiveAggressive Dad can get JessieJane to pen a few as well so his hand doesn't get tired. He'll need that hand Saturday morning to pat himself on the back for another "great PA win" (on the 5A level).

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PA Dad

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 08, 2017, 07:05:15 pm
+1 He'll be writing many more as the conference and playoff games roll by. Maybe PassiveAggressive Dad can get JessieJane to pen a few as well so his hand doesn't get tired. He'll need that hand Saturday morning to pat himself on the back for another "great PA win" (on the 5A level).

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Every PA win is a great one!

Air Raider

Yes. 

A 16 team classification with 12 teams making the playoffs is an absolute joke.

sloan

The answer to the original question is NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas