• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA/Greenwood

Started by PrivateLesson, September 27, 2017, 04:25:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Should PA and Greenwood Play?

Yes
34 (66.7%)
No
0 (0%)
Don't Care
15 (29.4%)
Not Possible
0 (0%)
Maybe
2 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: October 04, 2017, 04:25:53 pm

PrivateLesson

Who do you think would win and why?       

JacketDad

You need an "I wish" category.

STBruin

Believe they maybe playing next year...really wish it was this year

PrivateLesson

I wish it was this year, too!    I would like to see exactly how both teams would match-up. Talent for Talent and Coach for Coach.  Greenwood has been a little late to the start in the past 2 games.   You will have to forgive me, as I haven't kept up with all the teams this year as I have in past.    I just know some have stated they would like to see them play and was simply curious as to how strongly.

tmycjy

Greenwood and Pulaski academy did play back in 2006 For the state tittle
Greenwood 56
Pulaski academy 55

Now should they play each other I don't know would be a fun game but I also think it mess up playoff game if your in the same class who want to play a team twice

PrivateLesson

Quote from: PA Dad on September 27, 2017, 08:10:16 pm
I don't have any inside information, but I have $100 that says Kelley would jump at the chance to play GW.

WTD

Some of the coaching matchups if PA was to move to 6a... wow!
Kelley vs Jones
Kelley vs Reed
Kelley vs Bolding
And even...
Kelley vs Coleman
Kelley vs Harris

PAguy2008

PA and greenwood played each other for a few years straight and they were by far the funnest games to watch. Both teams always showed great respect towards each other and would trade wins every other year it seemed like. Also, whatever team won always went onto the state championship game afterwards.

MDXPHD

Pwil11

Chief_Osceola™

Just kidding, I just like Ron Swanson.  I'd love to see a G'wood/PA matchup.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 27, 2017, 09:26:53 pm
*yawn*
So there's a topic you don't care about that is clearly marked by the subject name, but rather than just ignore it you open it and post in it about how much you don't care.  Makes sense.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: STBruin on September 27, 2017, 05:06:45 pm
Believe they maybe playing next year...really wish it was this year
PA begins a series with Har-Ber next year and completes their contract with Ridgeway and Parkway.  Soonest a PA/Greenwood match-up could occur would be 2019.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 28, 2017, 09:26:19 am
So there's a topic you don't care about that is clearly marked by the subject name, but rather than just ignore it you open it and post in it about how much you don't care.  Makes sense.

Right. Nice work.

bulldogger15

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 27, 2017, 04:25:53 pm

Who do you think would win and why?       

1. Should they play? Yes

2. Who would win? Greenwood

3. Why would Greenwood win? Because Greenwood plays very well against 7A teams (where PA should be playing already).

4. Why should they play? So StinkBait will shut his pie hole and get back to slingin hash!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PA Dad

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 28, 2017, 04:47:31 pm
1. Should they play? Yes

2. Who would win? Greenwood

3. Why would Greenwood win? Because Greenwood plays very well against 7A teams (where PA should be playing already).

4. Why should they play? So StinkBait will shut his pie hole and get back to slingin hash!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Oh great one, you are obviously omniscient.  You know who would win a game that's not been played!

But you're right that PA should be in 7A.  They're just that good.  (For those who don't recognize sarcasm, this is it).

Pwil11

Quote from: PA Dad on September 28, 2017, 07:55:55 pm
Oh great one, you are obviously omniscient.  You know who would win a game that's not been played!

But you're right that PA should be in 7A.  They're just that good.  (For those who don't recognize sarcasm, this is it).

You have that Sheldon Cooper sarcasm lol

Chief_Osceola™

Yellowcake

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 28, 2017, 12:48:01 pm
Right. Nice work.

He's right. Just don't read it.

Start another thread titled something like "PA wins because they are privileged" or something like that. Generate some conversation you enjoy and agree with.

MDXPHD

September 28, 2017, 09:30:27 pm #19 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:45:04 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: Yellowcake on September 28, 2017, 09:27:49 pm
He's right. Just don't read it.

Start another thread titled something like "PA wins because they are privileged" or something like that. Generate some conversation you enjoy and agree with.

That would be too many PA threads. I'm good. Thanks for the advice though. (Also, nobody says they win because they are privileged. They work hard, we know that. They're well coached, we know that. You can keep living in denial and pretend those are the main reasons they win though. Whatever makes you sleep better at night)

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 28, 2017, 11:54:13 am
PA begins a series with Har-Ber next year and completes their contract with Ridgeway and Parkway.  Soonest a PA/Greenwood match-up could occur would be 2019.
Thanks for some solid info!  I had wondered when a possible match-up could happen.     Interesting, that 26 voted for yes...I had hoped for a little more.   :)

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 27, 2017, 10:46:40 pm

Just kidding, I just like Ron Swanson.  I'd love to see a G'wood/PA matchup.
+1

The Future

Quote from: PAguy2008 on September 27, 2017, 09:13:36 pm
PA and greenwood played each other for a few years straight and they were by far the funnest games to watch. Both teams always showed great respect towards each other and would trade wins every other year it seemed like. Also, whatever team won always went onto the state championship game afterwards.

Almost.

2006 was the first meeting for the title that Greenwood won.
2007 was the rematch at PA in the second round and Greenwood went on to win state.
It's hard to argue who was the better teams between them games but obviously Greenwood was the better team on those 2 nights. Both times they were so even. Had they played 10 games, it probably woulda been split at 5 a piece.
2008 Greenwood was rebuilding. Lost a lot of talent. PA was hands down the better team that year as they won like 50 something to 20 something. PA also went on to win state.
2009 I think was similar to the Eldorado game back in 2014. Greenwood was picked to win and PA hadn't been playing quite to their level. It was suppose to be Greenwood and undefeated Monticello in the semis everyone was talking about. But PA played a tremendous game and snuck away with the 7 point win. However PAs magic wore out as Monticello beat them the following week and went on to win state that year 14-0.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 28, 2017, 09:30:27 pm
That would be too many PA threads. I'm good. Thanks for the advice though. (Also, nobody says they win because they are privileged. They work hard, we know that. They're well coached, we know that. You can keep living in denial and pretend those are the main reasons they win though. Whatever makes you sleep better at night)

Hard work and great coaching are absolutely the primary reasons PA wins so often.  Those aren't the only factors of course, just the main ones. I certainly recognize that as a private school those players are afforded opportunities to train that many in public schools are not.

Go Postal

The game aside, the smack talk from Greenwood and PA fans to each other would be worth it.

bulldogger15

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 02, 2017, 02:33:00 pm

Hard work and great coaching are absolutely the primary reasons PA wins so often.  Those aren't the only factors of course, just the main ones. I certainly recognize that as a private school those players are afforded opportunities to train that many in public schools are not.
AND heavy recruiting...... Yes, I like how you slipped in "afforded". Lol

GO BULLDOGS!!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 02, 2017, 02:33:00 pm

::)

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 02, 2017, 05:38:09 pm
AND heavy recruiting...... Yes, I like how you slipped in "afforded". Lol

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Of course recruiting, we start DNA testing in kindergarten for the right players all over the country.   ;D

Baitshop

PA.....by as much as Kelly wants to put on the board.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Go Postal on October 02, 2017, 05:28:53 pm
The game aside, the smack talk from Greenwood and PA fans to each other would be worth it.
+1  :)

PrivateLesson

Thanks to all who voted!    Many talk the talk on here....I was just glad to see some back it up.  lol!  :)

19 voted yes since yesterday! 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on October 04, 2017, 12:04:55 pm

I would really like to see PA and Greenwood play sometime. Two good teams with good coaches and innovative systems not to mention very interesting fan bases. Yes, the more I think about it, that really needs to happen.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 04, 2017, 12:06:41 pm

Teams I would really like to see PA play:

AllenTexas
St Thomas Aquinas
Katy Texas
Bishop Gorman
IMG
Miami Central
Mater Dei

sportsguy80

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on October 04, 2017, 07:02:17 pm

AllenTexas
St Thomas Aquinas
Katy Texas
Bishop Gorman
IMG
Miami Central
Mater Dei
And they probably go 0-7. Most of these teams have been national powerhouses for years. Add a couple of Oklahoma and Louisiana schools to the mix too.

MDXPHD

IMG....hahahaha. That's classic.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 04, 2017, 07:17:56 pm
IMG....hahahaha. That's classic.
I thought this thread bored you. you must not have much for entertainment if you keep coming back to it.

PrivateLesson

He can't help but be drawn to a possible PA/Greenwood Match-up...lol.  :)

I'm sure many would like to see Greenwood play some of the above mentioned teams as well.   

Overdahill

AllenTexas
St Thomas Aquinas
Katy Texas
Bishop Gorman
IMG
Miami Central
Mater Dei

I just want PA to win this Friday vs LRCA. That is all that matters this week.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 04, 2017, 07:20:27 pm
I thought this thread bored you. you must not have much for entertainment if you keep coming back to it.

It's extremely entertaining now. You're right. IMG is just great.

I also love that you're my biggest fan. We should grab lunch sometime

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 04, 2017, 08:54:45 pm
It's extremely entertaining now. You're right. IMG is just great.

I also love that you're my biggest fan. We should grab lunch sometime

Naw, I'm your biggest fan.

MDXPHD

Yellowcake

What Florida team did we play a few years back?

PA Dad

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 04, 2017, 10:16:37 pm
What Florida team did we play a few years back?

I don't remember the name but they were just outside of Orlando.  They were not very good.

redsport27

Quote from: PA Dad on October 04, 2017, 10:21:41 pm
I don't remember the name but they were just outside of Orlando.  They were not very good.
I believe it was New Smyrna Beach if I'm not mistaken.

PA Dad

Quote from: redsport27 on October 04, 2017, 11:17:02 pm
I believe it was New Smyrna Beach if I'm not mistaken.

I think that's right.  Great memory.

bulldogger15

Teams you would really like to see PA play & LOSE

Allen Texas - LOSS
St Thomas Aquinas - BIG LOSS
Katy Texas - BIG LOSS
Bishop Gorman - BIG LOSS
IMG- BIG LOSS
Miami Central - LOSS
Mater Dei - BIG LOSS
Greenwood - RESPECTABLE LOSS
GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on October 06, 2017, 08:53:32 am
Now that Alma has fled their annual flogging from Greenwood, I wanna see something along the lines of a Greenwood/PA noncon game.

Hootens game maybe. That would attract a nice crowd.

We could call it Rednecks vs Recruiters.

PrivateLesson

Anyone else think a Hooten's Game would be a great idea?      I don't even know if it could be a possibility but it's fun to discuss. 

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 06, 2017, 09:52:24 am
Anyone else think a Hooten's Game would be a great idea?      I don't even know if it could be a possibility but it's fun to discuss.
I would love it. Great way to open the season at WMS.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 06, 2017, 09:58:30 am
I would love it. Great way to open the season at WMS.
I think it would be a Great, too!     It would merge two outstanding programs.   Showcase the athletes and schools

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas