• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driveline Throwing/Pitching Program

Started by Pantherdaddy, September 09, 2017, 05:58:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pantherdaddy

September 09, 2017, 05:58:20 am Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 06:00:17 am by Pantherdaddy
What are your thoughts on this throwing program?  I believe it's been around.  Just wanted any input whether it's pros or cons. 

OB11

Many programs out there try to restrict throwing. If I am thinking of the right one, this (Driveline) program promotes long toss and strengthening the arm by actually using it and not limiting the number of throws or distance.

The Green Arrow

There are many mixed reports regarding this program. I have seen this program first hand and can say without a doubt that it strengthens arm strength and will increase pitching velocity. No doubt about it. But I have also read some reports that state that its techniques it teaches are not healthy for your arm in the long run. But anytime you have something to do with pitching, you will always fine someone that says its healthy and those that say it's not. IMO we still do not have a clear cut idea as to what exactly is good/bad for you because even those at the highest level hurt their arms all the time.

But, if you're looking to increase arm strength and velocity, it does work.

big E

That's the program Will Nash from PW used.

BW2281

Its a great program if ran the correct way!  We use it and love it.  Proof is in the pudding!

rjsbb

Great program if implemented correctly. You need to consider the age and strength of each player to determine if they are ready mentally and physically for the program. I have been involved in long toss and a few arm care programs over the past 10 years and these guys know what they are doing and are always available to talk and discuss different situations. We have implemented this program by changing a few things that have helped all fielders not just pitchers.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas