• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miami at ASU 09-09-17

Started by bleudog, September 06, 2017, 12:20:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

September 06, 2017, 12:20:49 pm Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:50:01 pm by bleudog
Ain't gonna happen. 

The U says they could have problems getting back to Florida due to the real hurricane.

I don't know about this one. Most folks are trying to get out of Florida and stay out for awhile. Seems to me like Jonesboro would be a fairly safe hurricane evacuation site.

beach bum

Will the airport in Miami or Fort Lauderdale even be up and running when they try to come back? That would be when they would be trying to come home. I am not picking at Jonesboro, but I am sure they don't want to be camped out until Monday or Tuesday in Jonesboro of all places waiting to safely get home.

Redwolves8526

I feel for all the people down there...but I just don't get the decision. This is awful news for ASU. Just seems a little fishy that they play FSU next week and already had evacuation plans to stay in Atlanta during the storm anyways... doesn't make much sense to me.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: beach bum on September 06, 2017, 12:39:16 pm
Will the airport in Miami or Fort Lauderdale even be up and running when they try to come back? That would be when they would be trying to come home. I am not picking at Jonesboro, but I am sure they don't want to be camped out until Monday or Tuesday in Jonesboro of all places waiting to safely get home.

They are leaving Miami starting Saturday anyway.

beach bum

September 06, 2017, 12:54:33 pm #4 Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 01:01:18 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 06, 2017, 12:39:28 pm
I feel for all the people down there...but I just don't get the decision. This is awful news for ASU. Just seems a little fishy that they play FSU next week and already had evacuation plans to stay in Atlanta during the storm anyways... doesn't make much sense to me.

Then yes they should have played.... It sounds like they didn't want a possibility of playing a tight game with ASU and it hurting them if they end up being a potential final 4 playoff team. The committee wouldn't like seeing a possible 38-31 type score even if Miami was to win. If Miami beats Florida State they may be headed for an undefeated regular season if it all fell right. They may be running away from an eye sore to the committee if they were to let A State make it a decent game even if the Wolves lost. That does stink for A State. Sounds like Miami is running from playing A State like the team up in Fayetteville  :o

bleudog

Maynard G Krebs

bleudog

Arkansas State athletic director Terry Mohajir said his team offered several options to Miami, including moving the game to Friday night.

"Ultimately, the Miami administration made the decision not to travel," Mohajir said.

CLICK HERE

AirWarren

Easy for the team that's sitting hundreds of miles from a category 5 hurricane that is already responsible for 10 deaths and st. Martens to be leveled to critique a team who's home city is about to get leveled.

I suspect many of those Miami kids and staff have family affected by this and the last thing they want to do is travel to north Arkansas while home is getting leveled and possible life lost.

With what just happened to the city of Houston and south Florida's history with hurricane Andrew, kudos to them for looking out for their own and not some team that has an "options" for them that is hundreds of miles away sitting comfortable. 

bleudog

VHSCoach2

Safety first. Football should be the least of anyone's worries.

Plus, Miami's AD said they still plan to honor the contract and make the trip to Jonesboro in a "future season" when they are able to reschedule, so ASU isn't getting left high and dry here.

Trojanbird

Did I hear that Florida and Florida State cancelled their games as well?  It only makes sense with a storm of this magnitude heading your way!

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Trojanbird on September 07, 2017, 10:47:58 pm
Did I hear that Florida and Florida State cancelled their games as well?  It only makes sense with a storm of this magnitude heading your way!

They did indeed cancel as well.

bleudog

Quote from: Trojanbird on September 07, 2017, 10:47:58 pm

The FSU game was at FSU against UL-Monroe.

bleudog

The Fightin' Lane Kiffins evacuated Florida to Camp Randall Stadium Saturday.

http://www.espn.com/ncf/recap/_/id/400935348

Trojanbird

Just hope all, friends and foes, are safe!

bleudog

beach bum

Quote from: bleudog on February 19, 2018, 01:37:24 pm
http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/120832/arkansas-state-sues-miami-following-canceled-game

I am not saying its the right thing to do.... However this is just standard business procedure because that is what college football is in today's world and that's a business. If someone loses you money by backing out of a contract you would sue them in any other business. Again, not saying its right or wrong due to the circumstances this game was cancelled.... Just standard procedure here.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas