• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAC FB 2017

Started by x14113, August 31, 2017, 11:28:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grond

Quote from: x14113 on October 15, 2017, 01:02:13 am
Meanwhile, the GAC race is now Stuck on Band-Aids!

HSU 21
SEO 20

Yup, and Southeast Oklahoma plays Southern Arkansas at Magnolia, AR, on 10/21/17.

As with most GAC games, whoever makes the least number of turnovers will likely win.

bigworm

SCHOOL CONF OVERALL
Southeastern Oklahoma State 6-1
Ouachita 5-2
Arkansas Tech 5-2
Southern Arkansas 5-2
Arkansas-Monticello 4-3
Harding 4-3
Henderson State 4-3
Northwestern Oklahoma State 3-4
Southern Nazarene 3-4
Southwestern Oklahoma State 2-5
East Central 1-6
Oklahoma Baptist 0-7

Grond

Quote from: bigworm on October 19, 2017, 12:28:42 am
SCHOOL CONF OVERALL
Southeastern Oklahoma State 6-1
Ouachita 5-2
Arkansas Tech 5-2
Southern Arkansas 5-2
Arkansas-Monticello 4-3
Harding 4-3
Henderson State 4-3
Northwestern Oklahoma State 3-4
Southern Nazarene 3-4
Southwestern Oklahoma State 2-5
East Central 1-6
Oklahoma Baptist 0-7

An interesting weekend coming up [10/21/17]: All the Oklahoma colleges are playing Arkansas teams, in Arkansas!

I think the Arkansas teams will prevail, with the exception of SAU vs. Southeastern Ok, which could go either way.

x14113

A 44-yard gift to cap another winning season...!

ATU 66
NWO 10

Longfellow

I have never seen a team get 45 yards in penalties on 1 play

bigworm

The last 3 weeks of this season gonna be fun. What a log jam.

Jack1990

Grond

Quote from: Longfellow on October 21, 2017, 05:27:57 pm
I have never seen a team get 45 yards in penalties on 1 play

What happened?  ???

AirWarren

Maynard G Krebs

SAU @ HSU on 28 Oct, 2 pm. 

Be there, Aloha.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on October 23, 2017, 09:07:34 am
My weevils are rolling.

And hats off to coach Hud for this.

http://katv.com/sports/beyond-the-game/beyond-the-game-personalized-helmet-stickers-inspire-football-team

Go weevils!

You should try to make a game AW.  We'll be at OBU this Saturday.  You can watch Lassiter and LaFoy Smith play against our Weevils!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Jack1990 on October 23, 2017, 09:46:47 am
You should try to make a game AW.  We'll be at OBU this Saturday.  You can watch Lassiter and LaFoy Smith play against our Weevils!

Isn't the game at UAM?

Lionheart88

Nope, @ Cliff Harris Stadium.  1 PM kick.  I'll be there.

Jack1990

Lionheart is right.  We're at OBU this Saturday, then back at UAM to play Henderson, then ending the season at SAU.

Longfellow

Quote from: Grond on October 23, 2017, 07:45:19 am
What happened?  ???
One of the NWOSU players said something to the ref that drew a flag, then his teammate got in on the action and got one as well. While running back to the sideline he said something to the ref that drew a third flag. It was quite humorous

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on October 23, 2017, 09:46:47 am

Man.....be tough to cheer against those kids for sure.....

Jack1990

It'll be difficult for sure.  Got those two on OBU and my daughter cheers for UAM. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on October 23, 2017, 10:45:22 am
It'll be difficult for sure.  Got those two on OBU and my daughter cheers for UAM. 

Got a couple weevils running around my office up here.

Maynard G Krebs

October 23, 2017, 12:16:27 pm #68 Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:31:38 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 23, 2017, 10:24:54 am
Nope, @ Cliff Harris Stadium.  1 PM kick.  I'll be there.

So both Arky colleges have home games this Saturday.  Wonder how often that happens.  I hope both home teams lose😏

Well, I came up short on both🙃

Jack1990

So far twice this season.

Lionheart88

A few times a season.  I remember a few times when I was in school and the games were stacked closely together, watching OBU until the game was done, then walking over and catching the second half (or sometimes all, depending on the order) of the HSU game.  Heck, from the right corner of the HSU stadium, you can just about see what's going on on OBU's field.

bigworm

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 23, 2017, 12:16:27 pm
So both Arky colleges have home games this Saturday.  Wonder how often that happens.  I hope both home teams lose😏

Both won't. Reddies will get destroyed. OBU will win by 10.

Grond

PrivateLesson

Please do.  Prayers for Henderson.

BrianfromCarlisle

Jack1990

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jack1990 on October 28, 2017, 09:14:35 am
Hearing what would be devastating news about Henderson. Hope it's not true but unbelievable if it is. If I get confirmation I'll elaborate. Prayers for all involved.

???

x14113

Keeping pace...!

ATU 38
ECU 10

bigworm

Quote from: Jack1990 on October 28, 2017, 09:14:35 am
Hearing what would be devastating news about Henderson. Hope it's not true but unbelievable if it is. If I get confirmation I'll elaborate. Prayers for all involved.

Prayers sent, but whar we praying about?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 23, 2017, 12:16:27 pm

Well, I came up short on both🙃

x14113

Time to play for a title next week!

ATU 48
SEO 10

Jack1990

The_Pioneer

Time to crush the smelly cows!

Lionheart88

Absolutely wild game today in El Dorado.  In a fairytale ending, hometown boy Lucas Reed came off the bench to lead the Tigers to victory on his old home field.  Reed threw 2 TD passes and caught another one.  Allie Freeman caught three TDs, including the gamewinnner with 0:33 on the clock.  Incredible game.  If you weren't there, you missed out.

45-42 Tigers, final.  Now on to the Battle of the Ravine, with the conference title on the line.

http://www.obutigers.com/news/2017/11/4/football-tigers-win-thriller-over-sau.aspx

bigworm

I was there. Awesome game!! Just dont get no better. Now go Get them reddies!!

The_Pioneer

bigworm

I hear the reddies have won 31 straight road games.

Jack1990

I was told by the UAM radio announcer that HSU had a 31 game road win streak before beating UAM yesterday making it 32 now. I haven't personally checked the records.

Grond

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 05, 2017, 09:10:33 pm
I was told by the UAM radio announcer that HSU had a 31 game road win streak before beating UAM yesterday making it 32 now. I haven't personally checked the records.

This is incorrect. In 2016, SAU beat Henderson State 50-24 at the Murphy Bowl in El Dorado (technically a home game for SAU; certainly an away game for HSU).

Grond

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 04, 2017, 07:30:28 pm
Absolutely wild game today in El Dorado.  In a fairytale ending, hometown boy Lucas Reed came off the bench to lead the Tigers to victory on his old home field.  Reed threw 2 TD passes and caught another one.  Allie Freeman caught three TDs, including the gamewinnner with 0:33 on the clock.  Incredible game.  If you weren't there, you missed out.

45-42 Tigers, final.  Now on to the Battle of the Ravine, with the conference title on the line.

http://www.obutigers.com/news/2017/11/4/football-tigers-win-thriller-over-sau.aspx

What did you guys think about the INTERCEPTION that was called back?

With about 40 seconds left, OBU went to their big receiver on the OBU left side of the field. The SAU DB steps in front of the OBU receiver, and catches the ball!!!! :o  :o  :o

However, the ref called "Holding" on the SAU DB, which is hard to understand........
- If it was Holding late in the play, then how did the DB Hold, then turn and catch the ball? (DB had inside position)
- If Holding early in the play, you generally get an overthrown pass. But this pass was UNDERTHROWN, leading to an interception.

Note that this is a game where Pass Interference was pretty much not called. SAU had too many penalties, which was SAU's fault. But the penalty on the interception was difficult to swallow.  :-[

(The video of the game is available on Mulerider Athletics Facebook.)

Jack1990

November 06, 2017, 01:28:15 pm #91 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:31:24 pm by Jack1990
Quote from: Grond on November 06, 2017, 11:35:49 am
This is incorrect. In 2016, SAU beat Henderson State 50-24 at the Murphy Bowl in El Dorado (technically a home game for SAU; certainly an away game for HSU).
Thanks for clearing that up.  Like I said...I hadn't attempted to verify that. Maybe they don't count that because it's a neutral field.

Lionheart88

November 06, 2017, 02:02:33 pm #92 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:18:51 pm by Lionheart88
Quote from: Grond on November 06, 2017, 12:03:09 pm
What did you guys think about the INTERCEPTION that was called back?

With about 40 seconds left, OBU went to their big receiver on the OBU left side of the field. The SAU DB steps in front of the OBU receiver, and catches the ball!!!! :o  :o  :o

However, the ref called "Holding" on the SAU DB, which is hard to understand........
- If it was Holding late in the play, then how did the DB Hold, then turn and catch the ball? (DB had inside position)
- If Holding early in the play, you generally get an overthrown pass. But this pass was UNDERTHROWN, leading to an interception.

Note that this is a game where Pass Interference was pretty much not called. SAU had too many penalties, which was SAU's fault. But the penalty on the interception was difficult to swallow.  :-[

(The video of the game is available on Mulerider Athletics Facebook.)
I was in the crowd yelling for the flag before it was thrown.  Looked like an obvious flag to me (though I think we were expecting Defensive Pass Interference rather than Defensive Holding).

Edit: found the video; you can't really see anything before the catch, the camera pans over too late.  Watching live, the DB was all over the receiver the whole way, IIRC.

Grond

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 06, 2017, 02:02:33 pm
I was in the crowd yelling for the flag before it was thrown.  Looked like an obvious flag to me (though I think we were expecting Defensive Pass Interference rather than Defensive Holding).

Edit: found the video; you can't really see anything before the catch, the camera pans over too late.  Watching live, the DB was all over the receiver the whole way, IIRC.

I have had my 'whine' and fixed my panties. Feeling much better now.... :-\

bigworm

There were way too many penalties on both sides. That was the 3rd time in a row we went to that reciever. I thought the previous 2 were PI also. But honestly, on this play i thought that was a facemask penalty thrown on the defender covering drew Harris (#2).

x14113

Meanwhile, the GAC gets a fourth option for playing in the postseason:

http://corsicanabowl.com/

Could we get five teams playing beyond Saturday? Do we even want to?

The_Pioneer

If Tech makes the playoffs/postseason game, I'd like to go this year, but that weekend is no bueno for me.

Grond

Quote from: x14113 on November 06, 2017, 09:01:18 pm
Meanwhile, the GAC gets a fourth option for playing in the postseason:

http://corsicanabowl.com/

Could we get five teams playing beyond Saturday? Do we even want to?

Very cool. I have wondered if War Memorial Stadium could/should have a NCAA D2 bowl game.

Grond

So, please help me out on the GAC conference champion status....

If Ouachita beats Henderson State, they are Champion;

If Ark. Tech beats Harding, AND Ouachita loses, they are Champion;

If OBU and ATU both lose, then Bedlam, points, dogs & cats living together, right?

Lionheart88

My understanding is that the conference has no tiebreaker system for conference championships; if OBU and ATU both win, they're co-champions.  If they both lose, then OBU, ATU, and Harding are all co-champions.  If either Tech or Ouachita wins and the other loses, the winner holds the championship alone.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas