• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wasted Scrimmage!

Started by STATGUYQHS, August 22, 2017, 10:20:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

STATGUYQHS

Quitman went to Episcopal Collegiate tonight for a scrimmage Teams played 24 plays on offense 24 plays on defense and 1 9 minute quarter. And that"s it! 1 punt a piece no field goals no goal line no kick offs >:(! Just a waste of gas to travel!  Hope everyone else had a better Scrimmage. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Greyhound#1

That's pretty common.  12 with 1's then 12 with 2's and then halftime and do it again. You don't want to get anyone hurt before the season starts.

beach bum

August 22, 2017, 10:28:27 pm #2 Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:30:25 pm by beach bum
It's a scrimmage that doesn't even go toward a team's record. What else did you expect? I am in the minority on this opinion, but I wish all classifications would go to all 9 or 10 team conferences so teams would play 8 or 9 conference games cause unlike college or pro in high school even non conference games are almost meaningless cause they have nothing to do with if you qualify for postseason and in essence are scrimmages. I know stats and a team's record are tracked in non conference, but again they don't impact anything going toward the most important season which is the postseason. Especially in 2A or 3A who wants to possibly have a kid injured who might be a two way starter in a meaningless scrimmage?

STATGUYQHS

August 22, 2017, 10:39:52 pm #3 Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:44:22 pm by STATGUYQHS
Quote from: beach bum on August 22, 2017, 10:28:27 pm
It's a scrimmage that doesn't even go toward a team's record. What else did you expect? I am in the minority on this opinion, but I wish all classifications would go to all 9 or 10 team conferences so teams would play 8 or 9 conference games cause unlike college or pro in high school even non conference games are almost meaningless cause they have nothing to do with if you qualify for postseason and in essence are scrimmages. I know stats and a team's record are tracked in non conference, but again they don't impact anything going toward the most important season which is the postseason. Especially in 2A or 3A who wants to possibly have a kid injured who might be a two way starter in a meaningless scrimmage?

It was a joke! Might as well played 7 on 7 even those are more competitive! We had a brand new kicker never got one attempt what good did that do.  And those are non contact things at scrimmages.

mrknowitall

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: mrknowitall on August 23, 2017, 06:45:39 am
How did your new qb look?
He looked good for a converted Tight End!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas