• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will mercy rule apply in prescott hampton game?

Started by bearbacker52, August 17, 2017, 10:28:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

what quarter will prescott mercy rule hampton if any?????

not mercy ruled?
12 (20%)
2nd quarter
17 (28.3%)
3rd quarter
18 (30%)
4th quarter
12 (20%)
Dawgs win!!!!!
8 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: September 16, 2017, 10:28:40 am

bearbacker52

Hampton will not be mercy ruled in the first quarter, no way jose. they have to much tradtion and pride to let that happen. But is it possible for the rest of the game. My cousins will be there to watch it, enen though they are home schooled.

gooze55

Prescott had harmony grove down last year 31 -0 n the 2nd qt u think it will be worse then that

WorkOrder

dawgpound

WorkOrder

To my knowledge, Hampton has never beaten Prescott. Won't happen this year either

SOUTHARK99

I hope its close. If not I will get on the road back to Fordyce. I have a feeling it will be closer than most of y'all think. The people I work with from Hampton have high hopes for the year. They are almost making a believer out of me

trojanman

Dont buy in too much of the hype... they will still be a good team but there is no Monta now.. I dont see them being near what they were last year but still a team to not take lightly

old.dole

Only chance Hampton has now is if Prescott messes up the paperwork on their move in. This one is over already. Before the move I was thinking they could make it a game until late but not anymore

southarkdaddy

Hampton will be battling for a playoff spot, not a state championship.  They won't compete with the perennial 3A contender. Tick tock clock runs early.

dawgpound

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on August 17, 2017, 12:29:48 pm
I hope its close. If not I will get on the road back to Fordyce. I have a feeling it will be closer than most of y'all think. The people I work with from Hampton have high hopes for the year. They are almost making a believer out of me
We will bring you back to reality!!!

Backwoods Bart

bear for life

Hampton defense will be tough no doubt but they offense will struggle and Prescott offense will take advantage of and tired defense after 1st quarter

dawgpound

You must know know what kinda shape these boys are in they don't get tired

RiverEagle079

Everyone gets tired in the first game if their isn't three or four cramping you didn't play hard

dawgpound

old.dole

dirtysteve

bearbacker52

old.dole

baseball13

Quote from: WorkOrder on August 17, 2017, 12:29:17 pm
To my knowledge, Hampton has never beaten Prescott. Won't happen this year either

Its a good year to start

trashtalker7000

The Hampton faithful well "dawgpound"(Monta and his large fan base has left the building and could give a d**n now) will be screaming "we got cheated" after Prescott win. But Hampton defensively still will be a team to look out for. On Off they lost one of the best players this classification has ever seen and the new QB WILL NOT make up even half of the numbers Monta racked up. The RBs can't run inside but I guess that OFF isn't desiged for them too. The focal point will be the FB Tra Murphy. He's all man an will pick up where Heglar left off but even better.

dawgpound

SR30

Hampton will be tired from trying to chase down the speed of Prescott!!!

dawgpound

Prescotts qb will be tired of laying on his back they don't look any different than England last year and you see what our defense done to them

dawg_days

Did a rb from gurdon move to prescott or vice versa?

SOUTHARK99

old.dole

dawgpound

The_Wesson_Blessin

Quote from: dawgpound on August 25, 2017, 10:36:28 am
Prescotts qb will be tired of laying on his back they don't look any different than England last year and you see what our defense done to them
Soooo you're just going to ignore the fact that you're two best players by FAR are gone? You think you could lose two guys like that and still be the same? Don't even start listing who's going to replace them because no name that you say will EVER be those two. You're Hampton...remember that. Beat the Dragons ONE time before you start thinking you're a state contender every year when EVERYONE in the state knows Hermitage Northwest was the real runner up.

trojanman

I truely hope Hampton has a good showing. It helps our conference look better to go out and compete well against successful programs. Still going to give the bullhermit fans ad hard time every chance i get

The_Wesson_Blessin

Quote from: trojanman on August 25, 2017, 11:30:44 am
I truely hope Hampton has a good showing. It helps our conference look better to go out and compete well against successful programs. Still going to give the bullhermit fans ad hard time every chance i get

If you're going to give them a hard time, at least make sure your grammar and spelling are correct...I thought PC was supposed to be the "smart school"?

dawgpound

You obviously have no clue who returned two of the top 5 tacklers in the state in 2a so yea our defense will be better

Carljung

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on August 25, 2017, 11:14:01 am
Yes Prescott got a stud RB QB from Gurdon.
I watched the kid play last year in a couple of games and he was obvious the best player for Gurdon. After watching the scrimmage Tuesday night at Prescott I thought he was the best player on the field for them as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the QB before it's all said and done.

mastermind10

Quote from: bearbacker52 on August 17, 2017, 10:28:40 am
Hampton will not be mercy ruled in the first quarter, no way jose. they have to much tradtion and pride to let that happen. But is it possible for the rest of the game. My cousins will be there to watch it, enen though they are home schooled.

Exactly what TRADITION are you referring?  One good year does not equal tradition, especially just two seasons ago, there was no Hampton football.

bobthebuilder

Quote from: The_Wesson_Blessin on August 25, 2017, 11:28:53 am
Soooo you're just going to ignore the fact that you're two best players by FAR are gone? You think you could lose two guys like that and still be the same? Don't even start listing who's going to replace them because no name that you say will EVER be those two. You're Hampton...remember that. Beat the Dragons ONE time before you start thinking you're a state contender every year when EVERYONE in the state knows Hermitage Northwest was the real runner up.
Who said anything about a state contender every year?

trojanman

bobthebuilder

dawgpound

I think we can compete for another championship no need in going into a season if you don't think so

gooze55

Quote from: Carljung on August 25, 2017, 12:16:00 pm
I watched the kid play last year in a couple of games and he was obvious the best player for Gurdon. After watching the scrimmage Tuesday night at Prescott I thought he was the best player on the field for them as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the QB before it's all said and done.
THAT WHAT I SAID... THEY SAID I WAS CRAZY

bobthebuilder

Quote from: dawgpound on August 25, 2017, 01:10:05 pm
I think we can compete for another championship no need in going into a season if you don't think so
That's part of the point I'm trying to make, Dawgpound...I get it...it's cool to pick on Hampton, but to say that no replacement will be Monta is stupid.  You mean to tell me that when a program has their star, and he is gone, the program is finished? Cause that's what it sounds like.  It may be my age talking, but I still believe in TEAMS.  Good teams that may not have a star, but can still do extraordinary things.  I'm sure all you guys can think back to great teams that accomplished a lot without a standout superstar.  It seems everyone now is focused on the superstar and everyone else just scratches their head and watches him win....The title of this thread is Will mercy rule apply in Prescott Hampton game?...not who will win state.  There are a locker room full of Hampton boys who believe they can beat Prescott...you think I'm gonna look any one of them in the eye and say they can't???  Heck no...I believe they can too.  That's my job as a fan.  I'm not going to call you an idiot for believing in your team, that's your job.  This whole "Hampton sucks" thing is getting old.  Seems we were just here last year listening to the same crap with the Fordyce game....Hampton can't win....it'll be a mercy rule....tradition...Guess what folks, it can happen...it's kids playing a game of football.  Great things can happen sometimes when teams of hard working young men have a common goal, superstar or not.

gooze55

Quote from: bobthebuilder on August 25, 2017, 01:30:40 pm
That's part of the point I'm trying to make, Dawgpound...I get it...it's cool to pick on Hampton, but to say that no replacement will be Monta is stupid.  You mean to tell me that when a program has their star, and he is gone, the program is finished? Cause that's what it sounds like.  It may be my age talking, but I still believe in TEAMS.  Good teams that may not have a star, but can still do extraordinary things.  I'm sure all you guys can think back to great teams that accomplished a lot without a standout superstar.  It seems everyone now is focused on the superstar and everyone else just scratches their head and watches him win....The title of this thread is Will mercy rule apply in Prescott Hampton game?...not who will win state.  There are a locker room full of Hampton boys who believe they can beat Prescott...you think I'm gonna look any one of them in the eye and say they can't???  Heck no...I believe they can too.  That's my job as a fan.  I'm not going to call you an idiot for believing in your team, that's your job.  This whole "Hampton sucks" thing is getting old.  Seems we were just here last year listening to the same crap with the Fordyce game....Hampton can't win....it'll be a mercy rule....tradition...Guess what folks, it can happen...it's kids playing a game of football.  Great things can happen sometimes when teams of hard working young men have a common goal, superstar or not.
TWO THUMPS UP SIR

AA Insider

What I have yet to still figure out is if the only reason Hampton did what they did last year is because of the hermits, why didn't hermitage win more games than they did the year before when they were juniors? But the past is the past and I'm glad it's the start of a new season.

dawgpound

A man of few words comes out with a bunch of good ones I'm with you bob

trojanman

nothing wrong with you repping your team... also nothing wrong with anyone going against them. Thats sports and life. You believe they got a shot and thats Great! We will find out who is right or wrong when they play. Strong would not have been the same without Dixon. Junction wouldnt have been the same without Bell and Dancy. Bearden wouldnt have been the same those years without Watts or Lowe. I believe Hampton wont be the same without Thomas. Hampton will have to prove to me otherwise. Maybe they will maybe they wont.

BO_KNOWS

I'm tired of these Trojan fans. Y'all showed a lot of class last year after Hampton beating y'all  down. The season went south for y'all and let me guess y'all are gonna be good this year 2???

eldofan

August 25, 2017, 03:13:57 pm #46 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:15:50 pm by eldofan
Actually Hampton had nothing to do with it. I said after game  1 we had no offensive and defensive lines . We had 2 easy games to open up with but Jackson was running for his life in those games . Lafayette county we fortunately pulled it out: we wasn't very good last year . Woodlawn gave us a game esp if u take away the 2 big runs for Td's. With that Being said, we have a new sheriff in town and he is full of fire and isn't going to take nothing less than 100 percent effort  . So yes Pc will be much better . It's a shame he didn't  have Jackson for  one more year . There is no telling what he could have done if he would have had some blocking last year .

dawg_days

Quote from: trojanman on August 25, 2017, 02:09:36 pm
nothing wrong with you repping your team... also nothing wrong with anyone going against them. Thats sports and life. You believe they got a shot and thats Great! We will find out who is right or wrong when they play. Strong would not have been the same without Dixon. Junction wouldnt have been the same without Bell and Dancy. Bearden wouldnt have been the same those years without Watts or Lowe. I believe Hampton wont be the same without Thomas. Hampton will have to prove to me otherwise. Maybe they will maybe they wont.

And yall won't be the same without Jackson.

eldofan

dawg_days

Quote from: eldofan on August 25, 2017, 03:17:24 pm
Wrong. We will shock a few this year

Well you play rison in rison, you are already 14 down in that game just because of where it is, you play HG at their house, I guarantee that won't be a shock. Hampton and Bearden are loaded with athletes and Strong is ranked ahead of yall in preseason rankings. You have got to upset one of them to get out of the conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas