• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top players in 3a

Started by Fatbackhawgballz, August 06, 2017, 11:39:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatbackhawgballz

Who will be the top players in 3A boys/girls

501Arkansas

Makai Caruthers of Osceola

biglion1985

You could throw burrow and woodall of manila in the mix

BigMan15

Robinson-ECS
Caruthers-Osceola
Payne-ECS
Ewing-Charleston
Woodall-Manila
Graham-Paris

teachers pet

BigMan15

I thought he followed Coach Lamb

bobcats

Bramlett from Clinton and Loggins from Marshall. 

teachers pet

So did I but the paper said he was still st Jessieville and he is listed on the roster.

BigLion10

Big_Red7😈

Longfellow

Bryce Whitlow - Two Rivers

BigMan15

Quote from: Longfellow on August 12, 2017, 11:38:07 pm
Bryce Whitlow - Two Rivers
I seen him this summer and I wasn't impressed although Jake Powell from Two Rivers looked like he's improved a ton. It was a summer tournament so it could have been a bad game. Good luck to you guys!

BigMan15

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 11, 2017, 10:24:47 am
Robinson-ECS
Caruthers-Osceola
Payne-ECS
Ewing-Charleston
Woodall-Manila
Graham-Paris

Found out yesterday, I believe Chase Ewing will miss all of football and basketball season this year.

Head Lion

Manila JR Brock Birmingham, returning all state tournament team

Lrbasketballguru

What about the other Caruthers kid? He had great stats last year. Osceola should be salty this year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 14, 2017, 10:49:28 am
Found out yesterday, I believe Chase Ewing will miss all of football and basketball season this year.

Injury?

501Arkansas

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on August 14, 2017, 12:39:58 pm
What about the other Caruthers kid? He had great stats last year. Osceola should be salty this year.
Yeah man Mike Caruthers is pretty good also

Lrbasketballguru

Robinson has transferred to 7a Bryant. Huge blow to Wildcats. Would probably give Osceola #1 ranking now. Still have Treylon Payne.

teachers pet

Burleson is enrolled at Jessieville.

bobcats

August 16, 2017, 07:28:33 pm #20 Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 10:22:37 pm by bobcats
Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on August 15, 2017, 09:04:47 pm
Robinson has transferred to 7a Bryant. Huge blow to Wildcats. Would probably give Osceola #1 ranking now. Still have Treylon Payne.

Losing Robinson, Brasfield and the big post player will be a big blow unless they have some help moving up.  Another  post mentioned Grawer transferring as well.

NEA Razorback olfan

Wagganer girl from Riverside had an impressive AAU Summer season

neaguru

Quote from: bobcats on August 16, 2017, 07:28:33 pm
Losing Robinson, Bradfield and the big post player will be a big blow unless they have some help moving up.  Another  post mentioned Grawer transferring as well.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that they started 3 9th graders last year.

Lrbasketballguru

I hate to bring this up but I think that's proof enough of ECS not recruiting.

biglion1985

It would seem that way guru best of luck to wildcats

JimmyChitwood

Jacob Loggins from Marshall gets my vote.

Fatbackhawgballz

Bomani Roberson from Tuckerman

BigMan15

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on August 22, 2017, 02:54:23 pm
Bomani Roberson from Tuckerman
We need some Tuckerman fans here! No one talks about them! Give us some info

Fatbackhawgballz

They're going to be pretty good. They obviously lost a good player in Hockaday. All in all they should have a little deeper bench with more athleticism. Where they lost his height, scoring ability, and the Riley kids heart. They gained speed and more rounded talent.

Fatbackhawgballz

Tuckerman is just well coached. They play so well together. Last years state championship game it was obvious that the stage was a little to big to fast for them. I don't see them letting nerves get them again. Not saying they should have won. Just should've been a better game.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on August 15, 2017, 02:34:41 am
Yeah man Mike Caruthers is pretty good also
Mike is at Blytheville.

WarriorFan

Girls Lakyn Sanders of Lamar 10th Graders but she can go.

Hitman Warrior23

Yes Lakyn will be back after the break, she will show everyone how hard she has busted her butt all summer to comeback from knee surgery better then ever. Lost 20lbs getting stronger and leaner and has grown a little,  was having one of the best springs of any 2020 in the country until she tore her ACL in Wichita.  There is NOT a better 2020  point guard in the state in any class,  as far a 3a she would have to be the top or darn close in all classes.  She as a Freshman lead in every stat category (by far) giving Lamar their best season in 27 years.

Yes im a proud Daddy but she dominates against the best in the country every summer in a tough circuit. you press her you lose.

BigMan15

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 13, 2017, 10:43:31 am
Yes Lakyn will be back after the break, she will show everyone how hard she has busted her butt all summer to comeback from knee surgery better then ever. Lost 20lbs getting stronger and leaner and has grown a little,  was having one of the best springs of any 2020 in the country until she tore her ACL in Wichita.  There is NOT a better 2020  point guard in the state in any class,  as far a 3a she would have to be the top or darn close in all classes.  She as a Freshman lead in every stat category (by far) giving Lamar their best season in 27 years.

Yes im a proud Daddy but she dominates against the best in the country every summer in a tough circuit. you press her you lose.
+100

teachers pet

Burleson scores 26 in Jessieville's win over Dardanelle.

BirdCall

Treylon Payne of ECS had 35pts 7 rebounds and 5 steals last night against Dermott in a 62-60 loss. He already has a D1 offer on the table and will continue to see more come his way for sure.

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: BirdCall on November 09, 2017, 11:08:01 am
Treylon Payne of ECS had 35pts 7 rebounds and 5 steals last night against Dermott in a 62-60 loss. He already has a D1 offer on the table and will continue to see more come his way for sure.
The best player in 3a

RedWolf275

Payne must be about all ECS has. Saw him in state tournament last year and he was
an excellent player, especially for a 9th grader.

BirdCall

BirdCall

Quote from: luxora4life on November 09, 2017, 07:42:50 pm
Why, Because you said so?  ???
I was clearly agreeing with the statement lrbasketballguru and until somebody else shows me they are better than Payne in the 3A that is my opinion simple as that.

luxora4life

Quote from: BirdCall on November 09, 2017, 08:47:47 pm
I was clearly agreeing with the statement lrbasketballguru and until somebody else shows me they are better than Payne in the 3A that is my opinion simple as that.

Opinion, not fact.

BirdCall

Quote from: luxora4life on November 09, 2017, 08:56:33 pm
Opinion, not fact.
Who do you feel is the best player in the 3A then? Give me your top 3 players.

luxora4life

Quote from: BirdCall on November 09, 2017, 09:10:23 pm
Who do you feel is the best player in the 3A then? Give me your top 3 players.

Like most people, my opinion would be only the players that I have watched play.  So, I choose not to throw the " best player" label around lightly.

Lrbasketballguru

I think there is a misunderstanding here. He was just agreeing with me. Payne is an excellent player. I'm sure you could make an argument for others as well, but Treylon will have a fantastic year.

Paperman

Post player.Steveuon Fowler of Osceola big space eater in the paint! Rebounds and blocks bunches of shots.

BirdCall

Quote from: luxora4life on November 09, 2017, 09:21:13 pm
Like most people, my opinion would be only the players that I have watched play.  So, I choose not to throw the " best player" label around lightly.
If you can't use the word best you must know in your heart there is no way your statement could be true simple as that. I have seen a lot of different players in the 3A the brothers from Caruthers brothers are really good but heard one move to another school so not sure how that is going to pan out. ECS always has gems that are highly slept on in the state.

Fatbackhawgballz

Treylon Payne- ECS
Bomani Roberson- Tuckerman

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on August 16, 2017, 08:55:11 pm
Wagganer girl from Riverside had an impressive AAU Summer season
I would rank her 6 or 7th for Riverside's girls team. Turning the ball over isn't that impressive to me.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 12, 2017, 01:46:53 pm #49 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:51:18 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: ChokeNPoke on November 12, 2017, 08:26:50 am
I would rank her 6 or 7th for Riverside's girls team. Turning the ball over isn't that impressive to me.

Well now....Point guards  will probably on average will have more turnovers than anyone else on the team since they handle the ball every single time down the floor and run their teams offense. If I was ranking players off a team I would do like most experienced people would do , do it by position. For the Point guard, assist to turnover ratio. I went and watched the Marmaduke and BIC game. I didn't see a better point Guard on the floor. #1 was all the over floor on defense and found the open shooters spotting up for 3s. I did see some turnovers from , well pretty much all the Riverside players at one time or another, and  some from 30ft air balls from Some of the riverside shooters. But that is what shooters do , they shoot, and point guards handle the ball and occasionally makes a bad pass. It happens. Riverside is not my team, I just call em how I see em. If the Lady Rebels are going to make it farther than last year, then those 6 or 7 better players than #1 better step up more than they did vs Valley Springs last year in first rd of regionals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas